HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The "2 for 1" Monday Movie Roundup

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » HIH Special Features Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: The "2 for 1" Monday Movie Roundup Reply with quote
Well guys, another week, another roundup, enjoy!

Week 1: Jan. 30 ---> Feb. 5; TheMaker420
One of the first films I viewed was Legendary II. This movie was a remarkable, lush, and compelling film! Legendary was a triumph! A film of remarkable power. The creator, editor, and filmer of this movie, was blackouTT from clan HollywoodHalo and HaloGrid. This movie gave interesting tips, and twists, for the next episode. I hope the next one keeps up with the standards youíve set for the past two.
Get your copy of Legendary here!

The next film I saw, was a montage done by Omg A Fish. In the words of Fish, this montage "Is The Best One Yet!" Fish has improved on his editing abilities each montage he makes; and this one was at its peak. The gameplay was outstanding! Some of the best Iíve seen here on HIH. So good job Fish, and keep the montages coming!
You can download this awesome montage here.

Also, a special thanks to filmzunleashed for hosting his montage.

Another montage is upon us. This time, it was done by Hiro. This preview montage, is his final one, and looks like its going to be his best one yet! Hiro shows amazing gameplay, editing, and music in this sneak-peek to his final montage. Iím not normally a fan for previews to montages, but seeing one like this, makes me think twice. With the help of Steve The Plankís amazing editing, this montage is going to be outstanding! I canít wait. Take a look.

Oh man, just when you thought he was done making montages for a while, he surprises us with yet another, amazing montage preview. Titan has released a preview called The Triple Threat Montage. Wow, Tripple Threat has some of the most amazing editing I have ever seen! The gameplay, the music, and the editing were at their peaks, and are still rising. He tells me that his montage is going to feature not only himself, but also verse and madd0g. Also, there are tons of kills on some pros such as Itwasluck. Need I say more?
Check it out!

The next film I saw was done by an old familiar face, Jamie98s. He has completed #4 in the series of Oh So Beautiful. He was a past overloard of Clan Trick THIS, but the clan fell apart. It shows some awesome scenery shots on every map, and some cool music to go with it. So good job Jamie, keep up the good work. You can view this movie here.

Well, that's it for me, so I'll hand it off to The Trombone now, enjoy!

Week 2: Feb. 6 ---> Feb. 12; The Trombone
The first movie to catch my eye was, as usual, not a movie. The trailer for Apocalypse Rising: "The End is Here" is an overall promising glimpse at the (hopefully) upcoming movie. Although some relatively bland opening titles and evn af ew tpyos, I decided to include this because it looked promising. I love to see mods that enhance the movie, and the zombies coming out of the door were awesome. The hailing tank shots and night mods always look pretty dank too. Mythica link, with a big HOWDY to Amaroq. Note to the makers: Put some time into this. I would absolutely love to see this turn out as well as I want it to. Have people watch the movie before you release it, as 'proofreaders', and spice up the titles/camera angles.

One last montage that was forgotten, was Shadow Snipers montage preview. This montage was amazingly edited, had outstanding gameplay, and was very well put together. H2F graciously hosted this montage, so you know it's good. So nice job shadow, I can't wait for the finished product. You can get your copy of this awesome montage here.

This might be my favorite flick included this week, the Outbreak Trailer. Once again, you'll see the inclusion of mods (use mods in a movie, and you'll make it in the roundup), to the extent where I at first didn't recognize the map. That makes the movie infinitely better in my eyes, because their is no sense of familiarty, and allows me to immerse myself in the movie. You might need to strain a bit or turn up the volume to hear the voices, but I let that slide. At 5 minutes 10 seconds, it runs a little long for a trailer, but it is still well worth the watch. Mythica link in the house!

The last one for me is Chaos on The Creek. Maybe a misuse of prepositions, but a good movie nonetheless. EXTREMELY original story line [/sarcasm], but it's also extremely hard to come up with something extremely original nowadays. The opening was alright, if not overly dramatic. Good use of that rock Very Happy. The music was alright for the intro, but it didn't go extremely well with the fighting. Some of the camera angles, for the rapid falling rocket view and views where someone drops behind someone are extremely nice. Go check it out. I <3 Mythica.

~Maker and Trombone

Last edited by TheMaker420 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:34 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well done. Good critisism, both of you. This is what makes me want to watch most of these movies.

Look out for my first series. That'll be something to critisise (in a good way). It will be coming soon.
Mast3r-117

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very nice roundup good job. Very Happy
Synthetic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great job. I guess it was kind of a dry two weeks, so good idea compiling both into one large(r) post.
Omg A Fish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
w00t nice round-up guys, and <3 for everyone will you be my valentine maker?
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
FX| Omg A Fish wrote:
w00t nice round-up guys, and <3 for everyone will you be my valentine maker?

Of course I will fishy! lol.

~Maker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stealth101

Location: I really forgot where I live, don't really care though

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, nice round-up. Out break looks awsome can't wait to see the Real Thing
But still, seeing trailers over and over, does get a little boring. Nice Job,ohhh and one more thing

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! High Impact Halo
DMC
Subnova Fhgwgad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah great choice of movies you guys. I saw all of them and I think they're great. My fave was chaos on the creek. Congrats to all the movie makers and good job maker420 and trombone.

Happy V-Day HIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daMASTERCHIEF
unicyclemayham

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked HOLY MOLY !!!! i just deleted my xbl account from my xbox i have to pass school oh and the movies were awesome. yeah Question Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Rascul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice round-up. Omg A Fish had a sweet montage.

~Rascul
monewb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad man my movie didn't make the round up
AggressiveGrunt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice roundup guys! I agree trombone, the outbreak really sparked my attention!
Kayne323

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
unicyclemayham wrote:
Shocked HOLY MOLY !!!! i just deleted my xbl account from my xbox i have to pass school oh and the movies were awesome. yeah Question Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Well that sucks for you.BTW good round-up Maker And TheTrombone

I <3 TheMaker420!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowsniper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow, i truly dont know how my montage trailer didn't make the roundup.

Confused

//shadow\\
{NL}SirAngusOfBeef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LcA l sHaDoW wrote:

Maybe because you're always talking about how "gay" HIH is now.
I didn't think you'd even care or notice because you just go to H2F now.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love the roundups, they pick up whatever I miss.

Thanks you two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LcA l sHaDoW wrote:

Confused

//shadow\\

Whoa, trombones stupid, he didn't even see it. I'm sorry Shadow, that was his week to add it, not mine. I'll put it in right away. My apologies.

<3

~Maker
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheMaker420 wrote:
LcA l sHaDoW wrote:

Confused

//shadow\\

Whoa, trombones stupid, he didn't even see it. I'm sorry Shadow, that was his week to add it, not mine. I'll put it in right away. My apologies.

<3

~Maker

*ahem* No need for me being stupid. I just overlooked it. But August, don't look for attention here when you constantly berate HIH. Please, look for attention elsewhere.
shadowsniper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Trombone wrote:
TheMaker420 wrote:
LcA l sHaDoW wrote:

Confused

//shadow\\

<3

~Maker

*ahem* No need for me being stupid. I just overlooked it. But August, don't look for attention here when you constantly berate HIH. Please, look for attention elsewhere.

Will do, sorry for bothering.

And yeah, I don't really care if it's in or not, I was just surprised it wasn't.

/me goes back to H2F

//shadow\\
Matt6908

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
w00t, i cant believe my Apocalypse Rising got in there! I feel so special. And yes i will try my absolute best to make the movie as enjoyable as possible. Look foward for it. Should be out mayb elate fubuary or earlier march.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
blackouTT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The "2 for 1" Monday Movie Roundup Reply with quote
TheMaker420 wrote:
Well guys, another week, another roundup, enjoy!

Week 1: Jan. 30 ---> Feb. 5; TheMaker420
One of the first films I viewed was Legendary II. This movie was a remarkable, lush, and compelling film! Legendary was a triumph! A film of remarkable power. The creator, editor, and filmer of this movie, was blackouTT from clan HollywoodHalo and HaloGrid. This movie gave interesting tips, and twists, for the next episode. I hope the next one keeps up with the standards youíve set for the past two.
Get your copy of Legendary here!

Thanks alot guys for including Legendary II in this roundup again, its great to be apart of a awesome round up with amazing movies like "Chaos on the Creek" and The "Outbreak Trailer". Man that out break trailer had me on the edge of my seat the entire time, makes me sad im not moded. But hey movies can be just as great without mods. Again thanks alot guys, and be looking foward to future episodes! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » HIH Special Features Section All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: