HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Red screen of death?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Red screen of death? Reply with quote
My cousin in america has a 360 (I dont have a 360, i live in UK Crying or Very sad )

But anyway, he doesnt have internet, BUT, he has Halo 2, and he recently completed "Outskirts" on legendary (a big thing for him...) and when he had finished the level, the cutscene went red all of a sudden, then the screen froze on red.

His xbox and game is still OK though, and he hasn't tryed doing this again, can someone try it and see if it happens to yours?*

*Remember, they are both fine and playable! Razz
bkblabber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
now i am glad i didn't get my 360 when the bugs were still there, like regular old xbox used to scratch disks while reading them. i think
A1L21|SwiZzLe DiZzLe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
~ Lol the red screen of death is kinda like a begining to a James Bond game.

~Yeah same here I think my pre-order is shipping after christmas Mad Mad. Only good thing is the bugs will probably be worked out by then.
(CC!) Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
And1legend21 wrote:
~ Lol the red screen of death is kinda like a begining to a James Bond game.
lol
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually the Red Screen of Death is a real thing. That's what Vista will use for Windows errors and continue to use the BSOD for other program errors.
REOLADED1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you know your right. The red screen of death is right it happens whene the computer mess up 8 Warthog
FX Headshotmaster8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like what they're saying, cause the 360 is practically a computer. Can someone try to recreate this, it sounds like it has nothing to do with where he was though. And my computer doesn't bring up a red screen of death when it messes up, it crashes :p
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Red screen of death? Reply with quote
Bennoth wrote:
My cousin in america has a 360 (I dont have a 360, i live in UK Crying or Very sad )

But anyway, he doesnt have internet, BUT, he has Halo 2, and he recently completed "Outskirts" on legendary (a big thing for him...) and when he had finished the level, the cutscene went red all of a sudden, then the screen froze on red.

His xbox and game is still OK though, and he hasn't tryed doing this again, can someone try it and see if it happens to yours?*

sorry i highly doubt that, you CANNOT play halo 2 without an internet connection. PERIOD. You would have to somehow go to a friends house and order the discs (which xbox isn't even giving out yet.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
casuela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Red screen of death? Reply with quote
Jesus? wrote:

sorry i highly doubt that, you CANNOT play halo 2 without an internet connection. PERIOD.

Ummmmmmmmmmm... I think you are terribly mistaken.

-cas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Red screen of death? Reply with quote
casuela wrote:
Jesus? wrote:

sorry i highly doubt that, you CANNOT play halo 2 without an internet connection. PERIOD.

-cas

actually no im not, on a 360 there is no way. YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE EMULATION.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
casuela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah didn't notice what forum I was in. Sorry guys. I have been doing that alot lately.

-cas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Thurmanator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The emulation ships with the 360 but there are issues with it and it is best to d/l the update to the emulation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dawg605

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Without the update to the emulation, you cannot go online with Halo 2 and both Halo 1 and 2 have very bad sound problems.
Tactical Santa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
U know most of these bugs either have to do with how halo or halo 2 plays or the 360 doesnt play them well.

Has any oneplayed another XBOX game where it messed up. If no one has found any (which some one will) but if not. then they probably won't do anything about halo 2 any way.
Its not the system mainly. Xbox 360 games work fine. Its that the 360 doesn't play Halo2 or Halo 2 isn't advanced enough to play on the 360.

The only Way it is really going to get fixed is if bungie has talked to microsoft about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DevoutTerror

Location: Behind you in a ski mask with a gun pointed at the back on your head!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huh? What are you talking about? All XBOX games are meant to run smoothly on XBOX 360. There is just a bug in the system that has to be worked out. I know... I had that SAME problem with my XBOX. I sent mine out and they fixed it and I had it back in like 1 week. All of the next shipments are suppose to be fixed so lets hope Microsoft gets it right.
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First off, the shipping hard drive DOES have emulation software built in, so you can indeed play Halo out of the box. With or without an internet connection. However, the more recently updated emulator program would be advisable if you want to have the sound issues fixed.

If it actually is a factor that the hardware isn't wanting to cooperate with the emulator, then they'll change the emulator, not the hardware, to repair the problems.

All I can really say is keep checking back with Xbox.com for the most recent emulator updates, should you choose to. And don't spread internet rumours about the system's state of repair or lack thereof. Stick with Bungie, Microsoft, and HIH for updates on what's going on (and in our case, what we suspect is going on). Remember again we're all new to this, it's going to take time to figure out everything that CAN go wrong.

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
hoodysome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
..while back i was talking to my friend over xbl and he said....yea im not goin to get the 360 until a year has gone by since it came out...when i asked him why hes said that...when he got the original xbox he had one of the first ones ever made...he said that as soon as he started play it it was a lil messed up and then 2 hrs later the xbox had a melt down..

pretty much all i can say is ....xboxs and 360's both did the same thing...they had many glitchs when they first came out Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Faithless564

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
princeofthesword wrote:
First off, the shipping hard drive DOES have emulation software built in, so you can indeed play Halo out of the box. With or without an internet connection. However, the more recently updated emulator program would be advisable if you want to have the sound issues fixed.

If it actually is a factor that the hardware isn't wanting to cooperate with the emulator, then they'll change the emulator, not the hardware, to repair the problems.

All I can really say is keep checking back with Xbox.com for the most recent emulator updates, should you choose to. And don't spread internet rumours about the system's state of repair or lack thereof. Stick with Bungie, Microsoft, and HIH for updates on what's going on (and in our case, what we suspect is going on). Remember again we're all new to this, it's going to take time to figure out everything that CAN go wrong.

0={====>

i have the xbox360... and i needed to download an update toe be able to play halo2, so im not quite sure what your talking about...

AYB Faithless
Gage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Faithless564 wrote:
princeofthesword wrote:

0={====>

i have the xbox360... and i needed to download an update toe be able to play halo2, so im not quite sure what your talking about...

AYB Faithless

Acctually, all the update does from what my friend over here in the UK could tell is sort out the sounds on it.

He could play H2 perfectly fine without internet, and i think i can finally have proof of this, though it will be recorded with a video camera, atleast it would be proof.
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Faithless my friend, did you get the premium with the harddrive installed, or did you buy the core and then a HD separately? I'm not sure it even makes a difference, but I know for a fact that I could play Halo 2 right out of the box because it's the first thing I tried on the system.

The sound IS wonky on emu 1.0, and I have no clue if you could get on Live or not because I don't have it, and I don't think the true hi-res 720p graphics were placed...but Halo 2 would play.

The other games that I tried that are on the list that's supposed to work would not play, however. I haven't tried Halo 1. So yeah, basically we need the 1.1 for better gameplay.

As for everything else, it's boiling down to how the emulator runs the original game, at this point. It's not perfect, but keep up to date on it and just be optimistic. I mean goodness, those of you around for the Xbox launch remember what that was like...The 360s as a whole have worked MUCH better.

Plus it's like they're giving you a free Xbox with your purchase of the 360. It's not perfect, but man...next gen games and graphics plus a free Xbox?

0={====>
Dj243

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
princeofthesword wrote:
Faithless my friend, did you get the premium with the harddrive installed, or did you buy the core and then a HD separately? I'm not sure it even makes a difference, but I know for a fact that I could play Halo 2 right out of the box because it's the first thing I tried on the system.

The sound IS wonky on emu 1.0, and I have no clue if you could get on Live or not because I don't have it, and I don't think the true hi-res 720p graphics were placed...but Halo 2 would play.

The other games that I tried that are on the list that's supposed to work would not play, however. I haven't tried Halo 1. So yeah, basically we need the 1.1 for better gameplay.

As for everything else, it's boiling down to how the emulator runs the original game, at this point. It's not perfect, but keep up to date on it and just be optimistic. I mean goodness, those of you around for the Xbox launch remember what that was like...The 360s as a whole have worked MUCH better.

Plus it's like they're giving you a free Xbox with your purchase of the 360. It's not perfect, but man...next gen games and graphics plus a free Xbox?

0={====>

Very well put, couldn't agree with you more.
Smallheart87

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DevoutTerror wrote:
Huh? What are you talking about? All XBOX games are meant to run smoothly on XBOX 360. There is just a bug in the system that has to be worked out. I know... I had that SAME problem with my XBOX. I sent mine out and they fixed it and I had it back in like 1 week. All of the next shipments are suppose to be fixed so lets hope Microsoft gets it right.

What do you mean didn't work? Like did it just shut off while playing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LittLeBunny2o5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same thing. I tried getting into the cutscene room by using the MAC-loader/die thing. Just before I died, though, it turned red when I looked at the loader. Funny thing is, when you look down, it's clear. Starnge, eh?
Shadowsniper689

Location: springfield, VA call me any time i work at giant huntman square

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did he say that he tried to move the 360's position? If you move it from standing up straight to lying down in a game, it makes bad things happen. So ask him that, but nobody should try it.
HEATSEEKER618

Location: playing my xbox 360 that kick's ass while kicking ass on call of duty 2...WHOOPA!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Red screen of death? Reply with quote
Jesus wrote:
casuela wrote:
Jesus? wrote:

-cas

actually no im not, on a 360 there is no way. YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE EMULATION.

hey smart one the emulator to play just campaign and 1-4 people on same xbox i already on the xbox 360 hard disc..you moron
read xbox.com stuff before you make commenst on stuff like this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sniper0scope

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bkblabber wrote:
now i am glad i didn't get my 360 when the bugs were still there, like regular old xbox used to scratch disks while reading them. i think

Yer im sure it did because my halo 2 disk spent most of its life in the xbox, i put it in new with no scratches, and when i took it out it is really scratched!! Its Microsoft's secret plan, to ruin your game so you will have to buy another one...
blackpanda90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think it will happen again.
I am lucky because my 360 has no bugs and has never froze..
AceS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is silly. we obviously all have an internet connection, as were all posting on HIH!
sniper0scope

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
blackpanda90 wrote:
I don't think it will happen again.
I am lucky because my 360 has no bugs and has never froze..

Mine neither, but watch out for Project Gotham Racing 3 guys, because whenever you look at someone's gamer profile while in the game (menu or a race) the whole console freezes, and you must restart it to get it off. It happens on every 360 and i hope they will fix it with an auto-update or something. I know this is a forum about halo 2 but i just wanted to warn people about that.
Faithless564

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
princeofthesword wrote:

0={====>

I got the premium system and i remember i tried playin my cousings xbox game without the internet, it would not let me

AYB Faithless
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What game did you play? Some games weren't supported in the 1.0 version of the shipping drive.

Seriously, I'm not being mean but I know for a fact that I played Halo 2 on my 360 before I downloaded the emulator 1.1 (via a burnt disc). I don't have the Xbox hooked up to the internet because I have dial up. Maybe his hard drive is faulty? Just can't explain it... Confused I know mine worked. *shrugs*

0={====>
Faithless564

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
o well who really cares, as long as we can all play it doesnt matter eh?

AYB Faithless
Agent ME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sniper0scope wrote:
bkblabber wrote:

Yer im sure it did because my halo 2 disk spent most of its life in the xbox, i put it in new with no scratches, and when i took it out it is really scratched!! Its Microsoft's secret plan, to ruin your game so you will have to buy another one...

Don't move the 360 while the disk is inside it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
justingamemaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not only xbox games on the 360 freeze up and such...
anyone play doa 4? online? lag = DEATH, literally. if you get any lag, after the match is over, it freezes O_O
bezerker08

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
bkblabber wrote:

the bugs are fixed now?!
Mr N

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
princeofthesword wrote:
What game did you play? Some games weren't supported in the 1.0 version of the shipping drive.

Seriously, I'm not being mean but I know for a fact that I played Halo 2 on my 360 before I downloaded the emulator 1.1 (via a burnt disc). I don't have the Xbox hooked up to the internet because I have dial up. Maybe his hard drive is faulty? Just can't explain it... Confused I know mine worked. *shrugs*

0={====>

You are correct (as always). I am playing Halo 2 on an xbox 360 that has never been online in anyways, shape or form. The sound is a bit messed up, but it plays fine. The only thing required to play Halo 2 on the xbox 360 is a hard drive. It doesn't matter if you bought a premium xbox 360 or a core system and purchased an HDD later, Halo 2 will play if you own the xbox 360 HDD. Period.
IraqManiac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shadowsniper689 wrote:
Did he say that he tried to move the 360's position? If you move it from standing up straight to lying down in a game, it makes bad things happen. So ask him that, but nobody should try it.

bad things - being, when you move it from horizontal to vertical or vise-versa the disk acts as a gyro and it 'warps' and it scratches itself on parts inside the DVD drive...

Jesus wrote:
casuela wrote:
Jesus? wrote:

sorry i highly doubt that, you CANNOT play halo 2 without an internet connection. PERIOD. You would have to somehow go to a friends house and order the discs (which xbox isn't even giving out yet.)

-cas

you act like you're 12 years old...

you don't know what you're talking about; it's not "THE EMULATION", it's the "emulator"

an early version of the EMULATOR comes pre-installed on the HDD, meaning that you can play halo 1 and 2 right out of the box and you do NOT have to download an emulator, although you should download the updated one

and, even if you can't connect your 360 to the internet, you can download the updated emulator and burn it to a CD and put it into the 360

...in other words, you CAN play halo 2 without an internet connection. (PERIOD)

Jesus? wrote:

...You would have to somehow go to a friends house and order the discs (which xbox isn't even giving out yet.)

well let's see, first of all you can play halo 2 without an internet connection, but anyways, if you are going to a friend's house, then why wouldn't you just download the updated emulator and burn it to a CD and install it on your 360? why would you order a disk when you can burn a CD? The disk is for people without internet connections, so (unless you don't have a CD burner) why would you order a disk on the internet when you can download the emulator off the internet instead? whatever... just think about what you're saying
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is starting to go off topic, and the whole tone of the thread is changing.

Lets not resort to personal inuslts hmm?

Lets keep it to a rational debate/argument and the topic can stay open. Which means no constant arguing over the same piece of information. Unless you have PROOF someone else is wrong, dont start shouting at them.
Legendary Z

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Red screen of death? Reply with quote
Bennoth wrote:

That happened to mine on metropolis! Just clean the disk, and let the 360 cool off.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: