HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Shorcuts on The Arbiter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferlodergarnil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Shorcuts on The Arbiter Reply with quote
Well... I started to experiment with the Arbiter for a bit and I found a nice spot to sword cancel. It's in the hall after the last area where you can grab a sword off the ground. Once you're through the door, lure the second elite up top to come down. If you cancel off of him properly, you should end up right at the next door. Only got this to work twice though and sorry if it's old. Anybody have some other ideas?
CardinalCDXX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps you should implement this in a run of your own, but thanks for the idea. Also, this seems kind of risky, showing yourself to enemies like htat, especially on high difficulties.

You posted this thread twice, mind deleting the other one?

?eace
ferlodergarnil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be dangerous on higher difficulties, but it could work on easy or normal. But I admit that it's not too reliable. I lured it down by throwing a grenade near the sleeping grunts and cloaked before I canceled off of it, but sometimes he just flees in the opposite direction. I'll mess around with it some more.

Yeah... I double clicked when my computer started to slow down... sorry.

Edit: I think I'll put The Arbiter on hold for a bit... ugh to many ridiculous deaths... from sticking myself off of walls or getting sworded in the back when I jump. Just to add to the shortcuts, kill the 4 allies in the beginning (kill the elite by the controls, take out the grunts, stick the elite) or prevent them from following you in. Whenever I've done this the conveyer belt area before the hangar is clear other than the 2 sleeping grunts and the 2 elites on patrol. Use the belt for a small boost. Might not save too much time, but it makes things a bit easier.
CardinalCDXX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We already knew that, but thanks. I think most of the people here, myself excluded, are the most hardcore and professional of hte speedrunners...Keep that in mind.
Sly Dude

Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. DO NOT READ THIS FOOLS! GT: Sly Dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CardinalCDXX wrote:
We already knew that, but thanks. I think most of the people here, myself excluded, are the most hardcore and professional of hte speedrunners...Keep that in mind.

Do you have a problem where you put H before T in 'The' and 'That'? Because you did it twice so far...
- Sly Exclamation Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
illidan the hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've never gotten that...

illidan
Perfect_Chaos9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your talking about the room when you follow the heretic after the cables (big and circular) i know what your talking about. I've done somthing similar, but I sword canceled off of a grunt coming up the slope and landed inside the door.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: