HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Thinking of making a HIH like site, Help wanted

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Website discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rollbackmon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Thinking of making a HIH like site, Help wanted Reply with quote
I was thinking about this the other day, I could make a HIH like sight, but I have some cool features in mind that would probally make people go there as well. If anyone is interested in helping me, please do, here is what I have.

This is dependent on other people interested in helping, I will not make it if no one is interested

I have a good host picked out, called 1 and 1 Hosting I am going to do the begginer most likely, or if anyone else is willing to help pay, something a little better. If you have a better host, post here

I need a name for the site

I need a logo

I need people to help moderate with the site and forums, for instance help code the site and stuff like that.

This could be cool, but I will not do this unless i have help, post here if you can help out or if you think it is a good idea. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
F2D Wicked

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
All I can say is this-
Do NOT get 1and1 hosting. They are a horrible place to host websites. I suggest http://www.tangerinehosting.com/ or dreamhosting
Cramesta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's a bad idea trying to make another Halo tricking site, nobody would want to leave HIH. That said, I also approve of Tangerine Hosting. Their deals are spectacular.
F2D Wicked

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cramesta wrote:
It's a bad idea trying to make another Halo tricking site, nobody would want to leave HIH. That said, I also approve of Tangerine Hosting. Their deals are spectacular.

I'm not trying to advertise or anything. But I know that 1and1 has bad customer service, and is unreliable.
BobloKid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you will never make it
iamliam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noes! WHY oh WHY did I sell Tangerine Hosting! We had developed such an awesome reputation Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LittLeBunny2o5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know some html (some, yeah, right. I am SO mode--sorry) and I could be a moderator. PM if you're intrested.
Crossed_Off_Name

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont make another HIH
make a huge gaming site with cheats and mods and things for xbox ps2 psp n64 ps1 pc and like every game system you can think
you'll probly get more people that way. and good good hosting is found here http://canaca.com
if you do make it like that could i maybe help?
i know html and i mod if you dont.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamliam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Crossed Off Name, didn't you hear of the HaloGrid HORROR STORIES about Canaca? They're lying, cheating bisonskie. The sleazy jerks raised their bandwidth overage prices without giving them ANY notification... HaloHGrid, as far as I remember, owed like $2000!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
F2D Wicked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
iamliam wrote:
Crossed Off Name, didn't you hear of the HaloGrid HORROR STORIES about Canaca? They're lying, cheating bisonskie. The sleazy jerks raised their bandwidth overage prices without giving them ANY notification... HaloHGrid, as far as I remember, owed like $2000!

Yea, I think they hardly made it :-\
Crossed_Off_Name

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
o wow, i didnt no that. then i would say either yahoo small buisness or tanger hosting cause the awesome banwith(on psp so no links)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Pro Jordan I

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go for www.dreamhost.com , they have whatever you need.
BTW if you want to host there, let me know and I will give you a 50 dollars coupon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Surfing Spartan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok try
http://www.streamlinenet.co.uk/ very chaep inlimted hosting
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Website discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: