HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Halo 2 Movie Help*primarily towards machinima*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trigger119

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Halo 2 Movie Help*primarily towards machinima* Reply with quote
Capture Cards- the basic information
A.What Are Capture Cards?
Capture Cards are what captures what you are doing on your xbox. You can record footage from your xbox in a variety of ways.
B. Well how do I hook it up?
I cannot emphasize enough, READ THE MANUAL. They are there for a reason. There are 2 types of capture cards, internal and external. Internal you install inside your actual computer, external usually has Audio/Video hookups to capture the feed from the Xbox to your computer. The External CC usually hooks up via a USB Port and records to your hard drive.
Well gosh darn golly what are the best editing programs?
For beginners, I suggest using Windows Movie Maker(free) and when that has been mastered using the free software that came with your Capture card. When you have mastered that, the 2 best editing programs by far are Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects. For tips on actually editing your movie, keep reading.

1. Movie Development
The starting point for any video is having a general idea or concept of what you want to do. When you want to do a vid, being original is key. The halo community generally isnt very receptive of vids that have been done a hundred times before, and rightfully so. Try to do something entertaining that no ones done before! Then again look at the amount of war movies in Hollywood. Basically the point is is that if you do have a good idea in a genre thats been done already, run it by a few honest friends for honest critique of it. If the script is exceptional and original then do it! Common sense is key here also, don't bother promoting something only your family would watch.
2. Filming Tips
Camera work can make or break a halo movie no matter how good you think it is. Make sure when you pan, or have running camera shots, that it doesnt shake a lot or look like your trying to make the audience throw up. Always look for the best spots on maps for the best camera angles. It helps to write out cinematography in advance before you film.If you have a skilled Banshee flier you can get aerial shots, just be sure it doesnt have the board thing on your screen. Try to make the angles and shots as tight as possible, the closer it is without missing anything thats supposed to be in the shot, the better its going to look. When filming, try to get your actors and cast in advance, a lot of confusion and assanine people will be avoided. Also if you can write up a script. Dont take any crap from people screwing around in your movie, but dont be overbearing about it. Try to assert yourself as a director but dont be a jerk.
3.Video Editing
One mistake common in many Halo 1 and 2 vids is that well, the editing sucks. To avoid this, I'm compiling a few thoughts pertaining to Video Editing I hope you'll find useful.
Make sure transitions between scenes make sense contextually and camerawise. Common sense is the key to good editing. Don't have "idle time" where nothing happens just to make your video go longer. You'll bore your audience and attract flamers who will bash your vid. Be creative! If you can find ways to make transitions between scenes look cool or have it make more sense to the audience, then do it! A good metaphor for video editing is to treat your vid as a turkey, and editing trimming the fat. Nobody wants fat in real life so why would they want more time on your video?
Video Editing Programs
Several video editing programs work very well, and some come free with what your buying. If you buy a Dazzle product, you get the Pinnacle Studios Software free. Also WinXP users can get Windows Movie Maker free. Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas are 2 top of the line programs as well if you have the cash to burn.If none of these are options for you, do a google search.
4. Weaponless/No Hud
First, Make sure the gametype is set to an Oddball Variant.

Now, get you're Primary Weapon as a Plasma Pistol (No Secondary).

With your Plasma Pistol in-Hand, Go to wherever the OddBall is located.

Charge-Up you're Plasma Pistol and go towards the ball.

Now run at the ball while you're Pistol is charged, and right when you run over the Ball, Hold (X).

Now, I find it easier to accomplish if you jump right when you pickup the Ball (So that you dont pickup you're weapon you dropped).

Keep in mind that if you run into any weapons laying on the ground, you WILL pick them up. If that happens, you have to do the whole process over again.

So, when you are weaponless, watch you're step.
Cropping/Hudless
To get hudless with this method, just crop it out using a black picture as a title overlay in Pinnacle. In WMM to crop, look here-->http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive19.pl?read=566236.
Action Replay Hudless
To get Action Replay, just go to your local electronics store that sells Xbox items, and buy it. Then go to www.codejunkies.com and go to the Halo 2 section. The HUDless save should be there.
Capture Cards/Pricing
VideoGuys.com
http://www.videoguys.com/vidcap.htm
VideoHelp.com
http://www.videohelp.com/capturecards.php
DVR.About.com
http://dvr.about.com/od/capturetvwithacomputer/tp/toppick1.htm
Other Helpful Moviemaking Tutorials
Lord Gideon's Video Guide
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/lordgideon_video/
C0ld's Movie Starter Guide
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/cvmovies/
Cramesta's WMM Tutorial
http://explodingbarrels.com/videotut.php
Halo2Forum.com's Montage Tutorial
http://www.halo2forum.com/montagetutorial/
Setting up a Dazzle product

trigger119

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if anyone has anything not said to add, post it here. if anyone has a question, ask. no question is too nubby to answer.

Last edited by trigger119 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve The Plank
Shut the Plank Up!
Shut the Plank Up!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stuck.

I will be creating a few tutorials soon in a seperate thread that may accompany this one too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Movie Tips:

1.Move Development: The starting point for anyvideo is having a general idea or concept of what you want to do. When you want to do a vid, being orginal is the key. The Halo community generally isnt very receptive of vids that have been done a hundred times before! Then again look at the amount of war movies in HollyWood. Basically the poin is is that if you do have an idea in a genre thats been done aready, run it by a few honest friends for honest critque of it. If the scrip is exceptional and orginal then do it! Common sense is key here also, don't bother promoting something only your family would watch. The key starting point to a movie is development. Not to name anems or anything, but a big killer of movies that I see posted in the Movies Forum is they try to whip out a trailer THEN write the script and come up with something good, because now thats given you added pressure. For your sanity and for others, get a script written, edit and redo it, THEn film your trailer and begin working on it. Itt'll make your project go so much easier.

2.Filming Tips: I cant tell you how many movies ive seen pss through HIH that simply have horrible camera work. Camer work can ruin your movie, no matter how cool the storyline or concept. Whats worse is when people ebcourage others who practice horrible camera work WITHOUT constructively criticizing them. This is one thing that needs to change here. Dont be afraid to state your evaluation of the movie as long as it CONSTUCTIVE critizism. Make sure when you pan, or have running camera shots, that it doesnt shake alot or look like your trying to make the audience throw up. Always look for the best spots on maps for the best camera angles. Ifyou have a skilled banshee flier you can get aerial shots, just be sure it doesnt have the "Press X to board banshee" thing on your screen. Try to make the angles and shots as tight as possible, the closer it is without missing anything thats supposed to be in the shot, the better its going to look. When filming, try ti get your acors and cast in advance, alot of confusion and assanine people will be avoided. Dont take any crap from people screwing around in your movie, but dont be overbearing about it. Try to assert yourself as director but dont be a jerk.

3.Editing Tips: One mistake in many Halo 1 and 2 vids that come through HIH is that well, the editing sucks. Dead Time is one of the deadly sins of editing you must att all costs avoid. Each scene should flow into the other like water. Have editing and shots that make the overall thing(whatever you are trying to do) flow and not make it look like a bunch of footage slapped togather. You'll bore your audience and attract flamers who will bash your vid. Be creative! Make sure transitions between scenes contextually and camerawise. Common sense is the key to good editing. If you can find ways to make transitions between scenes look cool or have it make more sense to the audience, then do it! A good metaphor for video editing is to treat your vid like a turkey, and the editing is trimming the fat. Nobody wants fat in real life so why would they want more time on your video?
Beans08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
im taking a film class and the most common thing in video screw ups and
1) transitions
2) making shots watch-able

1) ok, transitions, a simple idea in tranisitions is having something in common with the last scene of the last clip. if theres a ton of people talking, walk your guy from one side to the other, then behind a pillar so it turns black, then start your next scene looking at a pillar so its black, or the sky, look at the sky, then the next scene, pan down from the sky into the action or whatevers happening

2) OK this is big, when making a movie the biggest tip ive heard in all types of cinima, is "When the objects in the frame arn't moving, move the camera, when they are moving, get a decent angle and stay put."
SloughyMEAT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
how do u render movies
my freinds say use sony vagas but i cant even get my movie on the timeline
ChaosApollo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay im a beginner at movie making so can someone help me i did to know how to capture the voices of my actors
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ChaosAPollo wrote:
okay im a beginner at movie making so can someone help me i did to know how to capture the voices of my actors

How To Capture Actors Voices:

First, go into a pregame lobby(it sounds better then when your doing in-game voices). Go to your friends list >ADDITIONAL OPTIONS > Voice Output > Speakers only and then press the A button. That way the sound goes directly to your CC and not your headset. Now record away...

Hope This Helped Very Happy
STX830

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Scaposy really good advice up top I totally agree and that is most of the same stuff I would say great job on it. And if your someone that is a beginner or is still new then read it, It will help you a lot to avoid a lot of common mistakes.
Cramesta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to take down Exploding Barrels, so you should probably take the link to my tutorial down until further notice.
Terminator

Location: watchin TV or crying in frustration over millions of failed tricks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, my friend and i just made a movie today using a vcr(i know, were pathetic for just figuring out how 2) but, i realy want to make movies on my own n stuff. my question is: is there a way to record halo movies off your xbox into your computer without a capture card?
see, i found this thing called fraps, and i want to use it. but, i dont have a capture card. i just wondered if i could somehow plug my xbox into my comp and record it using fraps.
if some1 would be so kind as to help me with this, ill give u a lot of cookies. and yes, i read everything in the first post and went to the links etc. thank you for reading this post.
Silent416

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ChaosApollo wrote:

Recording the voices from xbox live really suck...doesnt sound good at all...i recommend voice overs...

its harder, but in the end a lot better and people like it more, they also appreciate the hard work you put in, not just capturing what they say on Xbox live...

-Silent416
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I recommend a Computer Mic but, to answer your question go into a pregame lobby(It sounds alot better then recording voices while filming). Then go to your friends list > Additional Options > Voice Output > Speakers Only then, record away Very Happy . And make sure your only recording audio when doing this otherwise it may cause a few problems while editing.

Hope this helped Smile
Stupid Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
y cant u just connect the xbox to the computer. also...
tv tuners will work to and i think they dont require connecting to a tv and connecting that to ur computer. but idk

{SK Cool }
MidgetChief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
im at my friends house cause i dont got internet right now and i brought my dazzle and he doesnt have those in and out v/a jackes on the back (i never seen those missin on a TV before) he only has the ones on the front of the TV is there any way we can still hook up the dazzle
trigger119

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes but you would have to either play on your comp screen or buy A/V splitter cables and you could view on your TV otherwise your screwed. Sad
Elite Sniper44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Halo 2 Movie Help*primarily towards machinima* Reply with quote
Quote:
Setting up a Dazzle product[/size]

by using this method, I'll be able to play and watch Halo 2 on my TV and not my computer monitor, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BrutalAce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only have 2 a/v outlets on my television and that is yellow and white and I am missing the other a/v outlets.I heard that I can use a vcr outlets to replace it.Is it possible to use a dvd player instead of a vcr?
Ghost162~Pvt Ryan92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys. Thank you. Your TUT made it clear for me.
But I went to Bestbuy.com and I searched for Dazzle DVR 90 and no search results where found.

Can you guys tell me where you guys got your from? Thank you.

When you get that CC and when you go to edit, is it pretty explainitpry or is it confusing? I just want to know...
gocubs80

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what about using stuff like Intervideo WinDVR to record games, i just bought WinDVR 2 and for whatever reason, i can figure it out
Ghost162~Pvt Ryan92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really need help with thsi guys, ASAP.

My T.V. doesnt have an out put for some reason!

Can I still do it?

Please answer.
Weasil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, to anybody who is asking "my t.v. doesn't have output A/V"......Hook up to a VCR and use the outputs from the VCR to ur Dazzle(etc.) and use the Coax(cable line) to your tv. Then you can record what you want on a VCR tape if you want, too.(to save HDD space on ur PC). And for those wondering why there are only 2 A/V plugs on their TV. Yellow=Video, Red=Right Audio, White=Left Audio/Mono Audio. so if there's only yellow and white, then you only have one audio channel swimming through your speakers.

If you have asked these questions, I wish you the best of luck in movie creating processes. It will be a tough, long road for you. But with time, it will soon become a simple, second language to most of you.

GL and happy movie making.....

WeASil
BrutalAce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weasil wrote:
Ok, to anybody who is asking "my t.v. doesn't have output A/V"......Hook up to a VCR and use the outputs from the VCR to ur Dazzle(etc.) and use the Coax(cable line) to your tv. Then you can record what you want on a VCR tape if you want, too.(to save HDD space on ur PC). And for those wondering why there are only 2 A/V plugs on their TV. Yellow=Video, Red=Right Audio, White=Left Audio/Mono Audio. so if there's only yellow and white, then you only have one audio channel swimming through your speakers.

If you have asked these questions, I wish you the best of luck in movie creating processes. It will be a tough, long road for you. But with time, it will soon become a simple, second language to most of you.

GL and happy movie making.....

WeASil

Is it possible to do this with a DVD player instead of a VCR?
Weasil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weasil wrote:

BrutalAce wrote:
Is it possible to do this with a DVD player instead of a VCR?

That all depends on the DVD player. Personally, the only DVD players I have ever seen to have input A/V plugs are the DVD/VCR combonation players. But, if the DVD player has A/V input plugs, then there is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't work with it then.
FloorSweeper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ive read all the posts here, and my tv has a video built into! all that is on the back is an arial hole and an av slot. so i cant plug a vcr into it (cos its already got 1) so am i screwed on this??? ty for all the other help
Weasil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just plug the A/V cables into the t.v. then.....and you can still put a tape into it and record...just put the tape into another vcr and run it to your PC when you want to xfer the video to your pc.
FloorSweeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ty!
FloorSweeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ty!
notSiD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm what do i get Sony Vegas, movie studio?

or Sony Segas 6??

there is a huge price diffrence but i was wondering which one would be recommended
Ion Predator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: I appreciate that someone cares about fine movie-making Reply with quote
Ok, just because I have not actually made a "real" movie does not mean that I can be considered a novice. I have already extensivley experimented with Windows Movie Maker and have made quite a few comedic shorts using pictures I recieved off of yahoo search *I will not explain how*. Plus, the story that I have planned for a halo movie is something that has spawned from my early childhood imagination and manifested, after several years (no joke), into a movie idea that people may truly appreciate. I already have written chapter one of my movie and have had it critiqued by a reliable friend. Though I won't shed light on movie details, I will say that the story is related to the Halo story-line, but does not directly tie into the game. I have also carefully observed the techniques of world-renownded directors for quite some time now, including Quentin Tarantino and Peter Jackson and am gald say that I know what I am doing. However, I think that you are leaving out too much information for movie-makers. First of all, if you know anything about William Shalkespeare, you will know that he was a play-write genious. The reason being is this: He understood that a good play stems from a few basic human appeals: violence, teenage sex (no joke, but you can omit the sex in halo movies), and humor. It is imperative that one masters these elements if he ever wishes to produce an interesting play. No offence, but you made it seem as though camera angles are the only essential to movie-making (i know that it is extremely important, but is not the most important). Secondly, dialogue and superb mastery of writing techniques is crucial. Again to Bill, he knew what to write and how to write it. He could keep uneducated and astute audiences alike entertained for hours. That, by itself, is pretty impressive by my standards. Third, emotion sets a movie in motion. I now, that was a pretty gay rhyme, but nonetheless, if an actor, despite how talented, has no motivation or meaning in his role, the moive in turn becomes stagnant. Fourth, the movie must be well planned out, including a diverse cast of characters, the exact movie sets, and the songs that will be played in the back-drop. Music is one of the most important things when attempting to set up an emotion that you want your viewers to acknowledge. well that is about enough for me, although their are still several more things to discuss. Just one last word of advice, a movie must be taken with complete seriousness, or it is susceptible to failure.
Question: the last piece of equipment that I need (beside a better editing program, which I plan to do without) is a capture card. I NEED to know what the most trustworthy/cost-effective one is. I am running on a tight budget and really can't afford a lavish capture card. I need one that can fufill my needs yet still keep me from going bankrupt. So can you help me out a bit?
*Is it just me, or are the people in this forum primarily concerned with capture-card setup. Yeah, that isn't going to help you if you guys don't have a movie to work with. Just saying.
* ok, I understand that i have put in alot of information, but I want to see movies that, well, are good. Here are some tips on how to buff up your movie ideas:
1. Read alot. Not to make anyone feel like a total idiot, but terrible word usage is evident in dialogue. Read books from talented writers or even online posts made by other people who have something to say. Then take it to the next level by practicing writing. Review things as much as you'd like and show people how well you can write. That way, you will be able to improve your sentence structure and vocabulary. Plus, you won't have to rely on Word's synonym finder.
2. Getting an idea for a Halo movie, or any movie, can be quite difficult. I know, it took me the better part of my whole life to decide on a solid movie idea. So what i recommend is reliving your childhood. Everything that you experienced as a child seemed to inspire you to great extents, am I right. Go ahead and moisten your imagination just like you used to as a child. Remember, everything that we make as human beings is founded upon our creativity. Living in a boundless mental state of mind (not to be confused with a drug-influenced state of mind) can lead to unthinkable wonders. I mean look at einstein. He stressed the power of imagination over everything else and he gave way to the atomic bomb. Now if you can let your imgination (and as long as you have a brain, then you have an imagination) roam free, then you sure as hell think of a movie idea.
3. Emotions are the result of the result of amino peptides produced in the hypothalmus gland in your brain (just a little anatomy for ya'll) In order to stimulate your hypothalmus, then listen to music, or do anything else you enjoy. That way, you may influence your emotions and eventually gain some constructive inspiration.
notSiD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, really worth reading,(if you wanted to make movie directing part of your career and main goal in life.) ^ this post may spark some revalution or it may have no effect on anything whatsoever, why do we make these movies?? Do we make it for hopes of praise?? do we do it for recognition?? do we do it for fame?? i love editing, and i love writing, i got a couple of ideas up my sleeve as well(i'm just waiting for vegas Razz ) or do we do it because we see a future in this business?? and just using this as a way to learn and get ready for the "real business" or is it just fun and you just want to show it to the rest of the world?(thing hard if you say yes to this one) Why are you here? do you like watching these films? or are you here to learn? we watch something entertaining and you want to give that entertainment to the world? what Ion predator was saying is that he is going to make(what i think is a full length film) we are making 3, 4 minute movies, all that stuff is not required for such a small length(and if it was such a giant length, no one would watch it because it would take forever to Dowload them) unless you seperate it into ep, which all of you have done, and my question still wasn't answered....WHICH(specific) VEGAS DO I GET????
LittLeBunny2o5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know if i should ask this here, so tell me if I need to ask somewhere else.

Where can I find Halo 2 cutscenes? I plan on taking abunch of parts of cutscenes and making a Halo 2 movie. PM me with a link.
notSiD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hopefully this one gets answered *prays*

how do i upload a file that is 85MB big??? it's just one game thing that i created using WMM, it's ok but it's just a rumble pit game where i rape, but even in .WMV it's 85MB because it's 10 min...HELP PLEASE
Ion Predator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LittLeBunny2o5 wrote:
I don't know if i should ask this here, so tell me if I need to ask somewhere else.

Where can I find Halo 2 cutscenes? I plan on taking abunch of parts of cutscenes and making a Halo 2 movie. PM me with a link.

Alright, well probably the most obvious way to get the cutscenes from Halo 2' campaign would be simply recording them with a capture card as you would a halo 2 movie. But if are questioning as to how to receive them from the interent, then there isn't alot I can help you with. First off, I don't really think that anyone has taken the time to record/post all of the cutscenes on the net. But, I can at least tell you where you can find some of the first cutscene (where the Arbiter is being scrutinized and tried by the Covenant Hierarchs) Go to thecodexseries.com and download their first movie, I believe, which uses the cutscene, and edit the scene out. However, they voiced over the cutscene, so if you were planning to use the actual dialogue, yeah, that's out of my power.

Last edited by Ion Predator on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ion Predator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
notSiD wrote:
Wow, really worth reading,(if you wanted to make movie directing part of your career and main goal in life.) ^ this post may spark some revalution or it may have no effect on anything whatsoever, why do we make these movies?? Do we make it for hopes of praise?? do we do it for recognition?? do we do it for fame?? i love editing, and i love writing, i got a couple of ideas up my sleeve as well(i'm just waiting for vegas Razz ) or do we do it because we see a future in this business?? and just using this as a way to learn and get ready for the "real business" or is it just fun and you just want to show it to the rest of the world?(thing hard if you say yes to this one) Why are you here? do you like watching these films? or are you here to learn? we watch something entertaining and you want to give that entertainment to the world? what Ion predator was saying is that he is going to make(what i think is a full length film) we are making 3, 4 minute movies, all that stuff is not required for such a small length(and if it was such a giant length, no one would watch it because it would take forever to Dowload them) unless you seperate it into ep, which all of you have done, and my question still wasn't answered....WHICH(specific) VEGAS DO I GET????

Alright, first of all, thank you for the remarks you made, the whole point of that article post was to get people to understand how to make movies, aside from using camera angles and sophisticated technology. Therefore, I feel obligated to respond to your questions.
First, the sony Vega media studio, or the sony vegas 6 (you said segas, but i think you meant vegas): Well, just like deciding between a mac computer and a windows computer, this question falls under the category of personal preference. I'm guessing that the studio is cheaper than the vegas 6. Regardless, you said something about making 3-4minute movies. Therefore, it would seem impractical and inconvenient to purchase the more expensive program if you plan to make short movies which can easily be done in WMM. However, I don't know exactly where you plan to go with making movies, so if buying the expensive, yet illustrious vegas 6 will aid you in accomplishing your visionary goals, and you can afford it without regretting it ( i mean blowing all your money) then why not. I say go with the studio(or the cheapest one, which I think is the sony vegas media studio) I tried to answer this based on what you said, so I'm sorry if this answer was inadequate. If i knew more about how you wanted to make movies, then I would be able to offer you a direct answer. But at least you were able to narrow your choices to two things. My whole capture card search is probably a personal preference as well, but I don't even know where to start.
How to upload an 85MB movie. Well, my first answer would be to chop the movie in half. But then again, what you said about it being a rumble pit game leaves me the question: Why would you want to transform a single game into two parts, especially if there is the possibility that no body would want to see the secnd part ater watching the first part. Therefore, my more, thought-out answer would be editing all of the unnecessary parts. I mean, does any body want to see you running around half the time, probably not. Therefore, you could possibly eliminate the beginning and make the rest more of a montage, since the ending of a game is where people can take note of your land-slide victory.
I dn't think I answered your question well enough or even grasped what you wanted, but at least I responded.
notSiD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No really, THX XD you answered my questions a lot more thouroughly than i expected anyone to. I will cut my game in half and post it at the same time, after the first part i know they can't resist the second Wink

and as for them being short, i know i can't do the things i want to do with WMM, even though they will only be 5 minutes lonf, they will be very packed and advance(multi-screen) so i think i will go for the more expensive one(it will only cost me like 60$ cause i'm sharing the cost with as many people as i can find, and on eBay it goes for 300$. but i just wanted to know Which vegas was more appropriate.

thx a lot:3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Movies All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: