HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The scarab/scarab gun topic.(Updated 2/28/06)Wow long time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terminator

Location: watchin TV or crying in frustration over millions of failed tricks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Laughing
Me123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The scarab/scarab gun topic.(Updated 10/16/05)nuthin to Reply with quote
Frost165 wrote:
Skulls you need to have activated, Black Eye and Sputnik.

1) Go through Outskirts normally until you get to the entrance of the highway tunnel. Be sure to grab the Rocket Launcher from the platform with the Marines and Sniper riffle on it. Save atleast one Rocket and one Frag grenade.

2) Take a ghost from the highway tunnel and activate the load point. Go back out of the tunnel after activating the load point and there will be a ramp like thing to the left (if you're facing the entrance) of the entrance. Drive the ghost on top of it and use a plasma grenade to get it on top of the tunnel. Make sure you are atleast halfway in the "green zone" with your overshields. If not, beat some covenant down with melees and get it back into the "green zone".

3) Drive towards the end of the tunnel, the end of the wall with the Black fungus/mold on it will be fake.

4) Drive through/past it and then, drive off of the edge with your ghost. Where you end up driving off of the edge, makes a HUGE difference in the guns spawn time. If you go to far, you will end up dying because the wall gets too high. If you drive off too soon, the gun will spawn as you're falling. You want to go right between the 2 "zones".

5) Drive parallel to the highway wall (still going towards the end of the tunnel.) once your in the water and you should spawn the Scarab and the Scarab Gun. Provided you didn't die or that the gun already spawned on your way down.

6) Get out of the ghost and use the Frag Rocket Jump to get out of the water and hopefully, underneath or very close to the gun. *NOTE* If you did step 4 correctly, it seems that the gun won't spawn for about 4 seconds or until you jump. This is extremely helpful as it lets you set up the jump.*END NOTE*This will take a lot of time and patience to get the timing and positioning just right. Just keep at it, and you'll get the gun.

NEW STEP! THIS IS HOW YOU SURVIVE THE FALL. Do note this step is not easy, it took me 2 days to get it right XD

7) While I was in the air, I hit "Y" to switch for my second weapon. This weapon I swaped for the Scarab Gun, and on my way back down, I switched to my RL again and shot the wall. This prevented me from dying because of the fall timer. Once I was down in the water with my precious gun, I simply walked on to the beach.

*NOTE!!!* Do NOT switch to the RL right when you get the gun. It fires automaticaly for 1.5 seconds and if you switch during that time, you get blown up. After the 1.5 seconds are over, it is safe to switch weapons. *END NOTE*

8 ) After you have survived the fall and have your precious gun, you're probably going to want your check points to be enabled again. For some odd reason they won't be activated until you kill the 2 ghosts that come after the Scarab shoots under normal circumstances. Wait in the water for a couple of seconds and look towards the end of the tunnel until you either hear or see 2 ghosts driving around (all you will see are some bright blue lights). Kill them then walk up towards the beach and your check points should be enabled once again.

This was all done in Single Player too. I'm sure that if you did this in Co-op and had you partner watch where you fall, he could go in and get it out of the water.

U shouls make a vid about this, I can't understand anything after step 3.

BTW can u do this on any difficulty or just Legendary?
Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
did u read crosse6yes tut? VERY VERY good. it helped me actualy get to it Wink
crosseyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
actually, there are several videos of this. just check the first post. and this can be done in easy, but the skulls must be collected on legendary. look at the skulls forum for more on that.

and I think my TUT is on page 10. no-one seems to have said much about it except for coby, so I'll make a thread. just hope it can get popularity after the 4-wheeler thing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Terminator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it should that guy..cube10?heh, liked it Wink
crosseyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I could watch those vids, but I can't even do it on high speed computers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Terminator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
owch! that...well, sux. im amazied further by your tut cause you never even saw a vid! Shocked
crosseyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I already said that I just happened to jump off and jump up at the same time. I was mad the first time I did this because I didn't do the rocket frag jump right and ended up right underneath the gun. I'll probably be getting a new H2 this tuesday.
Terminator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thats good, concrats on gettinf front page, lol
Shadow iga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allright man

This is a new Banshee launch i done to get up to the scarab bridge so you can get the gun can u put this one in.

01 This is the launch http://www.zippyvideos.com/1881297563116536/banshee_launch_to_scarab_bridge_01/

LINK TO THE PAGE ITS ON

02 http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=87817

Thanks man later
{NL}DarK Templer1

Location: Most likely on XBL playing Halo2!.... . GT: Dark Templer1 **Clan: NoLimitation90**

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
alright hows about someone post a new save for the dual weilding scarab gun save... rapidshare deleted it so can someone please post a new save for it that actually works
crosseyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
*sniff* I'm soo sorry guys, but my 'scarab gun topic>this one' right now.

and about that saves, I'm not sure. you can look around http://www.highimpacthalo.org/content.php?topic=177 for it or the official codejunkies site.
psychomonkey62

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
crosseyes wrote:
*sniff* I'm soo sorry guys, but my 'scarab gun topic>this one' right now.

and about that saves, I'm not sure. you can look around http://www.highimpacthalo.org/content.php?topic=177 for it or the official codejunkies site.

It's there, but a 404 error. Urrgghhh......
crosseyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
404=page does not exist, or in this case file does not exist. why do they delete stuff anyways?
SquirlyChief

Location: In a country, in a house, in the bathrooom, on the toilet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
they probably just delete for more room on their sites, or they just think it's not important. that just, well, you know what i'm gonna say. Crying or Very sad Sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Question Angry
Shadow iga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allright man

This is a new Banshee launch i done to get up to the scarab bridge so you can get the gun can u put this one in for me please thanks.

01 This is the launch http://www.zippyvideos.com/1881297563116536/banshee_launch_to_scarab_bridge_01/

LINK TO THE PAGE ITS ON

02 http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=87817

Thanks man later
Legendary Death0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So i've been gone for awhile what's been going on?
crosseyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm...posts days apart Very Happy . This thread is pretty much dead by now and is just so people could look on the first page. Speaking of first page, thanks for adding my tutorial. I have a feeling I inspired the update.

BTW, I hope you've looked over the SG FAQ I plan on submitting to Gamefaqs. You like the scarab guns, you should review it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: