HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Possible to use Original Xbox Ar's on 360?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FattyMaghee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Possible to use Original Xbox Ar's on 360? Reply with quote
I just thought about how the AR uses a USB wire to connect to your PC, so I was wondering if instead of plugging it into the PC, why not one of the 360's USB ports and see if we could get gamesaves on it. (I would normally try this myself, but Im grounded until Wednesday. Confused )
Mr N

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doesn't work. It may read the AR as a storage device, but you won't be able to see your gamesaves or anything of that nature. Even if you could, you don't have full access to the harddrive, so you would be unable to put the gamesaves in the correct location.
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good News Gamesaves from the old Xbox do work I have made topics about htis in the past and thier is a way just its not easy and for the good old Action Replay well our only hope which involves a risky job means either flashing the Xbox 360 memory unit drivers on the card or swaping chips arround, either ways its a risky job
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well if it's as risky as Mouse says, I'd recommend leaving it at that and not trying it. Just hang onto your Box for AR saves.

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
FattyMaghee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: ds Reply with quote
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=33&topic=169.0
Is that what you were talkin about M0d?
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That sure is what I was talking about, but thier is stuff being sold now to make this easy and its only $5 (£3.12) which cant be bad, im still looking for better quality work though beofre i buy one. Hint modders ebay Very Happy Idea
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tabuto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not too sure about this yet, so i wouldnt go trying your original ar on the 360. hopefully they will make one that is compatible and assured that it will work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good news the software is now available to allow you to read data from the HDD or the Memory unit so now its easy to put old saves on im on my way to getting my self a SATA to USB cable thats all you need but dont void that warranty Oh well spend £70 for a new one if it goes wrong which it wont .

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610&p=5

http://www.360gamesaves.com/

I just hope thiers somewhier near selling these
NOBLE STABBlNGS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, i figure im just gonna be patient and wait for AR to release a 360 version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
why waight you can do it now obviosly u didnt read and check the websites forums you will see adapters are being developed right now your best of messing around with the HDD as you can do a lot more than just game saves.
Snookizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, if you DID use the AR for teh 360, or wait for one to come out, wouldn't you be able to transfer your original xbox data?
All you'd have to do is make sure its a file that the AR reconizes, right?
NOBLE STABBlNGS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
M0d Mouse wrote:
Good news the software is now available to allow you to read data from the HDD or the Memory unit so now its easy to put old saves on im on my way to getting my self a SATA to USB cable thats all you need but dont void that warranty Oh well spend £70 for a new one if it goes wrong which it wont .

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610&p=5

http://www.360gamesaves.com/

I just hope thiers somewhier near selling these

Razz thanks mod... i already got my memory card split open (and i did it right so it still works!). now i just gotta order some supplies online! thanks for posting that site... ive been looking EVERYWHERE for how to do this!

Edit: for those who are also building this thing, i found a bit of a short cut.... rather than doing the whole connectors thing in the middle, i just hooked up the usb directly to the memory card. it has the usb part hanging off always, but i just cut the wire super short.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grunt2552

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I heard that if you take a 64MB Xbox memory card & plug it into the USB port in the back and then wait, after a few mins it'll accept it.

Note: I havent tried this yet, can't find a 64meg card.

Here's the original post where I heard this: http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000583069802/#c680566
Raigns

Location: London, Ontario, Canada... Yes, the home town of Nathan Walpole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: No need Reply with quote
Now there's no need to make your own (unless you can't afford about 15 bucks). Check it out: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=6151
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well you cant put old xbox saves on the memory units it cant be done its written on the forums all over the pace that is why I linked people to those forums.

well if you do find a way let the world know with proof, screen shots will do.

but for now your best bet is the xbox 360's hdd at the moment the software out thier is very limiting and puting saves on is a long task especialy if youve got hundreds of them.

just open the zip file of the save then you will see many folders withing each other > use the very last folder put those fdiles withing thier one by one, for now ive just created a lot of empy saves on HALO 2 seeing as creting a new folder will give you the wrong name and just ownt work >< well not tested thoguh it might work but its just not work risking it
NOBLE STABBlNGS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: No need Reply with quote
Raigns wrote:
Now there's no need to make your own (unless you can't afford about 15 bucks). Check it out: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=6151

that looks like someone just put a 360 memory card really close to an xbox action replay thing at an angle where it LOOKED like it was plugged into eachother. my opinion: i'd say it's fake... i have been looking on action replay's website for a 360 version and they havent advertised for one yet, so how did the photographer of that photo have one? Rolling Eyes
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DUN DUN DDDDDUUUUUNNNN

Shocked

Halo 2 has been never better your best companion for modding is the 360 Smile

just dont tell anyone that it can be done Shocked it told you Confused OH well just dont pass it on that its real easy now
NOBLE STABBlNGS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
M0d Mouse wrote:
DUN DUN DDDDDUUUUUNNNN

Shocked

Halo 2 has been never better your best companion for modding is the 360 Smile

just dont tell anyone that it can be done Shocked it told you Confused OH well just dont pass it on that its real easy now

yeah dude i was thinking it would be easy to mod if you attach your hard drive.
DarkElement465

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Maxconsole has the world's first scoop on the new Xbox 360 transfer kit and complimentary software called Xchange 360 from the makers of Action Replay.

The Xbox 360 transfer kit will allow you to transfer game saves, downloads, user data, gamer pics and the like. Thanks to the Xchange 360 application, the Xbox 360 transfer kit is very easy to use. Just plug in your memory card into the docking port and connect it to any USB enabled PC.

The retail price is expected to be around $14.99."

This might be of some assistance in transfering the saves from an xbox to a 360.
Raigns

Location: London, Ontario, Canada... Yes, the home town of Nathan Walpole

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
DarkElement465 wrote:
"Maxconsole has the world's first scoop on the new Xbox 360 transfer kit and complimentary software called Xchange 360 from the makers of Action Replay.

The Xbox 360 transfer kit will allow you to transfer game saves, downloads, user data, gamer pics and the like. Thanks to the Xchange 360 application, the Xbox 360 transfer kit is very easy to use. Just plug in your memory card into the docking port and connect it to any USB enabled PC.

The retail price is expected to be around $14.99."

This might be of some assistance in transfering the saves from an xbox to a 360.

Pretty cool (even though I already poted a link) Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy yea its 100% real its on both the US and the UK site for codejunkies on the front page, M$ must be worried seing how htis could open loop wholes for hackign and piracy of thier GamerPics.
OH well its Datal's business not ours Very Happy
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Straight from the horse's mouth.
Sly Dude

Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. DO NOT READ THIS FOOLS! GT: Sly Dude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This modding addict I know, he is popular on xbox scene I think, he has 3 xbox 360s and he modded 2.
Whenever I tell him to get somthing he says he is broke but 2 days later he has a new xbox, yeah.
- Sly Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. FuzzyWinks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No.
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well good news saves are even easier to get on now you can dump whole saves at once with the new version of the explorer released and a sata to usb is being worked on so no voiding of waranty and no hardware knowledge required.

Rolling Eyes but this could in the wrong hands be bad so this should be only sold to people who agree to things to keep this 100% legal Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: