HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

New Trick! The Pelican Punt on Delta Halo *Vid + Tut*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are the ones I'm talking about. Depending on what triggers you activate before loading the end zone, different stuff happens. I'm still working on figuring out how to make the pelican come faster with all the triggers. I'm glad you're enjoying the trick though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Unggoy King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So far I've been waiting 6 minutes for the Pelican... yawn.

This is really annoying, seeing as I'm not even guaranteed it will come. PLUS I'll have to wait over again if I want to do it twice... oh well...

EDIT: OMFG!! I'm waiting, waiting, waiting... omgosh! There it is! But guess what else? I'm 100 feet below where I'm supposed to be, trying to get the thing to spawn... Heh. DAMN IT!!

Edit2: LOL! I went back to the tower again, doing it over, and so I decide to spawn the grunts again. I do it. But they aren't exactly lined up anymore... they all spawned on top of my Ghost. Grunty passengers.

Last edited by Unggoy King on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know, it can get frustrating. Try driving around the general mountain area, like to the lake and back to the area where Cortana says stuff. Eventually it should come, but let me know if you're still having problems.

Edit: -_- that sucks completely, and I feel your pain. When I was filming on co-op, that happened to me like 3 times. Anyway, to make life easier just do the reverse checkpoint trick (kill yourself five times really fast, and you'll just go back a checkpoint instead of having to start over). I always have my rocket launcher when I'm punting, for exactly this purpose.

Last edited by The Vector Kid on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Terminator

Location: watchin TV or crying in frustration over millions of failed tricks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is fun, but a lil chalengeing. when the first phantom comes, it only drops of a red elite witha sword, and a blue elite with a needeler. thats it. Confused i kill them; one time i got a checkpoint, but no pelican. waited; nothing. i went to where the bridge building was sopposed to be, but cortona didnt say anything, because she already said them when i went to get a ghost. Confused one time, at that place where the building was supposed to be, a grunt, 3 jackels, and an elite just spawned out of the air Shocked i was like, wtf, die! Twisted Evil no pelican ever came. Sad
good times, gooood times Laughing
plasma101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really nice vid vector kid I tried it but instead of being hit by the pelican
i fallowed it way up in the mountains and when i found the pelican I walked up to it and it kept sayin "press x to flip banshee" as far as I can tell you cant ride it Sad
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Terminator: I'm sorry that it's not working. Try driving around, or get the ghost without having Cortana say those things (the pelicans may have been activated early). Every time I do it it works, but I don't really know what the trigger is for getting the pelicans to spawn. A massive part of the tutorial was cut out, because I was just waiting for over 5 minutes. Look at Unggoy's post above you... he had the same problem (but it worked eventually).

plasma101: I'm not sure why it does that. I've seen it with a phantom, too, and I don't think you can drive it.
Terminator

Location: watchin TV or crying in frustration over millions of failed tricks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, ill keep tryin Wink too fun to resist Mr. Green
plasma101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
aww that really sucks Sad i thought there maybe able to fly a palican without mods o well
dantheman87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, I loved it. Who cares if it's been done. Trick on man.
Unggoy King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for being so helpful Vector Very Happy

This is fun for more than just the punt. Messing with the loading zones spawns people and things in very odd places...
Duck Tape

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad The vid stop about 20 seconds in, but at least i saw the tut Very Happy
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
...Well that's weird...maybe you have a codec problem or something, I'm not really sure why it would just stop.
vshields ash
Medicine Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cute Shocked

very nicely done tut, too. you get a cookie Wink

ash
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
...I just got a cookie from THE vshields ash... ^_^!
Unggoy King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just because I want to:

Statement: Vshields is a thee?

http://home.comcast.net/~k_laster/orly.jpeg

Methinks he's a thuh.
~Wooden Foot~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nice stuff there. Very Happy
JetJingle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool vid man im going to try
JetJingle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool vid man im going to try
Naraku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just figured out that it actually goes and stops at the invisible wall so you can actually get punted twice in Co-op! Of course you would have to do it on Heroic.
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Naraku wrote:
I just figured out that it actually goes and stops at the invisible wall so you can actually get punted twice in Co-op! Of course you would have to do it on Heroic.

That's very true, good find! If you put someone a little below you, then you can both go across the lake. If you just have someone where the pelican stops, though, they just crash into the wall. I wonder if you can get through it Question
plasma101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe you can get pushed throuh the wall
Sly Dude

Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. DO NOT READ THIS FOOLS! GT: Sly Dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thats pretty neat, looks like fun, I might just try it.
- Sly Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rollbackmon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice tut, i've always been wondering how to do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
viperzfang92

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mucho Grande Problemo, i can't view the vids due to buffering issues and when i download the vids it only plays like 1 min and then restarts
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
viperzfang92 wrote:
Mucho Grande Problemo, i can't view the vids due to buffering issues and when i download the vids it only plays like 1 min and then restarts

Ok, play the downloaded video. Try changing the location of the video with the slide bar. If it doesn't work (like, the video stays where it is and the slide bar goes back to where it was) then you need to download it again. If not, then it's probably a codec problem. Let me know which one it is.
SquirlyChief

Location: In a country, in a house, in the bathrooom, on the toilet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
All i want to say is, cool and great job finding it!!! Now, i've got something to do, since i can't find any good glitches on halo 2, but halo 1 i just like going into the pelicans on SC with a plasma pistol, and showing my friends that while looking at a certain spot with it charged, the charge doesn't show, anyways, i think anybody who can come up with a great trick like yours and POTS are cool people!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
smokingwater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
to long it took to long to load
BDawgPHD

Location: Pulling Hikaru's intestines out of his left eye socket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that.... Shocked ....was AWESOME!! i gotta say, it looks like something id actually sit down and do, we love nothing more than to see things get knocked around Laughing
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
smokingwater wrote:
to long it took to long to load

That's why you download it...
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoa, it's scurty! When speed runs are concerned, you are my hero! I'm a big fan of the sub-3 minute Keyes video. Cool
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol, thanks.

I watched the video and loved it, I don't think I posted that in this topic before.

But this has some extreme potential in Co-op, with overshields, and the no fall timer glitch. I'll bet you'll see it in a variety video soon :P

Oh, and about the Keyes videos, you sounded like there was only one of them; all levels of difficulty are under 3 with the fastest being 2:40. Check them out if you haven't already ;)
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I hope so! There certainly are a lot of things you can do with this, especially with black eye and co-op. I'm almost out of school (I have all of March off) so I'll be experimenting with it a lot more after this week.

O_o, I only saw the legendary one.
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, with blackeye I imagine you can get hit from anywhere on the pelican tip, just not that one spot (when you don't board the ghost, just stay in it). Blackeye along with a well timed grenade from your partner might also make it go farther.. or a rocket. Experiment!

And I remember when my Legendary went sub-3. I think the time was 2:58. Now it's 2:50 :P
Nightraven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey I tryed the pelican punt thing but im stuck on a part (Part where you crouch and toss nade) I get nade in spot but doesnt launch me anywhere but the water...Can you help me out?
craze42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey. im trying to do this but after i get up on the cliffs and start going back to where the phantom should be, its not there... well ok, i have to admit, i couldnt do the seccond sputnik frag ghost launch so i modded it so the frags spawn ghosts....(im lazy) it all works fine until the last part, i could make a vid and show ya what im doing if that would help...
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nightraven: make sure you have the sputnik skull, otherwise the grenades won't move you enough. When you get back in the ghost, move left and up a little so the grenade is right under the seat.

Craze42: The phantom is very rarely there. It's only there in the video because I came at the exact right time... it shows up for a matter of seconds and then disappears. Don't sweat it if it isn't there, just keep going and kill all the Covenant until the Pelican shows up ^_^
S.O.G.
Lone Sniper
Lone Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Phantom showed up every time for me.

My halo 2 disk is corrupted, but I have a few campaign maps saved to my xbox, so I can still play Metropolis, Delta Halo, and Great Journey. Needless to say, I can no longer get sputnic, so I couldn't think of a way to do this trick. I got the idea to turn on my invincability trainer and just drive off the ledge where you throw the first grenade and just drive around and back up to where I needed to go. Well, it worked out fine, and I got the checkpoint right before the pelican hits the mountain. So, I decided to see where I could launch myself. Because I was still invincable it didn't matter about the impact or anything. So far I've managed to land on the farthest structure out in the lake (not the one Regret is in, the one past that) and the one where the 2 hunters get dropped off and you get on the gondola. I've almost made it onto the one where Regret is, but I can't quite get that one down yet.

I'll go check out what is possible with black eye right now.

If ya'll want me to make a video I can.

Wink
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go for it - that would be very cool to see! Make sure you note that you're using a trainer in the video, though - a lot of new kids might get confused and think they can do it that way as well. Thanks for your interest, and good find!
S.O.G.
Lone Sniper
Lone Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I'll start workin' on that.

I just finished my testing with blackeye and the results were good. You can take a hit from almost anywere on the pelican without using the ghost (except the cockpit area) with full overshield shield. I turned off the invinsability trainer and walked instead of driving the ghost (I had to use a jump trainer as well, but that doesn't affect the launch).

[edit] = Ok, I finished all the launching, I'll try and have the video up later tonight.

[edit2] = Ok, I'm uploading it now.

Wink

Last edited by S.O.G. on Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Fuzzy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Holy crap!That was awsome!Loved the music too.I thought it was funny at the end.

"Hold X to flip banshee?!?!?!" *Flips* "Even if its not flying it still ends up killing my ghost" lol Laughing
I was drunk at 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, for replying so late, I was out for the past two weeks. Meaning sorry if I bump this. Now continuing to my reply ...

Holy schlapskie dude, that is in my top 5 for most amazing campaign tricks ever. That video was so awsome (perfect music too) that I watched it 4 times, and showed it to some of my friends that play halo. I didn't watch the tutorial, but I know exactly how you did it though because I noticed that pelican fooling around once. Great job, I'm going to do this RIGHT now.
The Vector Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy Many thanks, dude. I'm glad you liked it!
S.O.G.
Lone Sniper
Lone Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, my modded vid is up. The topic title is 'Pelican Punt "Variety Vid"'

Wink
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*searches*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: