HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion FAQ (update 6/30)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion FAQ (update 6/30) Reply with quote
Well, I was browsing around the other forums on tuesday and I realised that they all have FAQ's on their forums. We have the Q & A sticky, but looking at it, that seems erratic at best for getting your questions answered and many people just post their question in the forum. I figure this might linger on the first page of threads long enough to at least help a few newbs out (newbs, not n00bs there's a difference, read the whole post) and lessen the amount of "How do I...?" and "What is...?" questions that so commonly plague the Campaign forum. If you feel that I have left any important questions/answers out, please post them and I'll add them in

I just figured out how to get onto the mountains and/or under the waters of Delta Halo and/or Regret! I'm gonna make a topic about this. (Suggested by Grumpy)

No you aren't, it's ancient and has been posted on a weekly basis, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the forum members think there is a horrible conspiracy behind this.

Fine, what should I post as a topic?

I'm glad I asked. What you should post a topic on is something new, such as getting somewhere or getting something (vehicle, NPC) where it shouldn't be, or finding a new way to get places. Or an interesting expansion on someone else's trick. Also anything new that makes you go flying through the air whether it's useful or not tends to get good reviews. You should only post something as a topic after you have searched thoroughly to see if it's old or not. If you're still unsure, our lovely moderators will point you in the right direction unless for some reason they've become posessed by evil forces that want you to make a fool of yourself, but that's never happened.

Isn't this like the Q&A sticky? (Inspired by astrozombie)

Yes, except I'm taking the frequently asked questions (hence FAQ) and putting them into one thread of helpfulness so new people with questions don't have to endure "YARR!!! Use search or the Q & A sticky you n00b!!" or have to wait for an answer from the Q & A sticky because the question they're asking isn't in there because it seems people who ask these questions don't use it. I'm just creating another forum tool to help people. Technically we don't need a search, they could have just gone through each forum page and use the find function incorporated into post programs (ctrl + F) to find things. Or if we have we don't need the Q & A sticky, but it makes things easier. This will just make things more user friendly for a while.

What is the Scarab Gun? / How do I get the Scarab Gun?

The Scarab Gun was a great little egg that Bungie added in for our gaming pleasure. It is found on Metropolis in the outdoor area directly after the tunnel portion. It is on a bridge spanning two buildings far up in the air, look around, you'll see the bridge.
You can get the Scarab Gun in one of two ways. First is to lure a Banshee through the tunnel portion of the level and hijack it whilst passing through the loading point right at the end of that area, then just fly it up to the Bridge. The second way is more difficult, you have to SFW off of a bridge prior to where you board the scarab.

How do I do the Banshee method?

The Banshee method, although time consuming is probably the easiest way of reaching the Scarab Gun. What you do is stand at the entrance to the tunnel, and get the Banshee to move towards you (it will be attacking, watch out). During this time you want to be moving down the tunnel because once it gets too close to you it will break off and gain some distance from you before attacking again. If the banshee isn't attacking you, shoot at it a few times with a sniper rifle or battle rifle to gain its attention. Make sure all your marines are dead during this luring process (and make sure to kill the ones that show up about halfway through the tunnel) for they will shoot the banshee down. You may have to shoot off the wings to get it to go through certain parts of the tunnel although it is possible to get it through with both wings intact.

Yea, that sounds like work, what's the other method? / What is SFW?

The other method is commonly referred to as SFW. Meaning Sputnik (a skull), Frag (short for fragmentation grenade), and Warthog (that 3.2 tons of steel death that you commonly have access to). To do this, you need to get the Sputnik skull which is in QZ. If you don't know how to access it, simply go to the Skulls Database, it's at the top of the page in a blue bar entitled "HIH Links." You have to drive a Warthog through the Marine Base, and across those bridges that you run along and shoot at enemies on top of the scarab until you get to a last bridge before where the Scarab stops. This bridge will be right in front of a corner that the Canal-thing makes and you position the Warthog next to one of the box things on the bridge so it will explode for extra force. Then make sure that your Warthog has both a passenger and gunner. Throw a frag grenade under the Warthog and jump on the back bumper, you should be launched very very high into the air and up onto the Scarab Gun platform. (NOTE: This method takes a lot of practice)

I can't get either method to work, what do I do?

Practice, they both need it. And the Banshee method, though time consuming is actually the easier of the two methods.

I keep dying when attempting to do SFW / SFW isn't working, what am I doing wrong?

There are a lot of things that you could be doing wrong
-Make sure Sputnik is on
-Make sure you have a marine in the gunner and passenger seats and that they are both surviving the blast from the grenade and are not immediately flying out of the Warthog, if they are, get new marines.
-Make sure you are on the Warthog and being pushed by it, not above it and being hit by it
-Make sure the grenade is under the Warthog
-Practice

I still can't get the Scarab Gun!!

Please phrase things in the form of a question, and just keep practicing. It takes work the first few times. I know, effort in a videogame? Heresey!

How do people get overshields in their trick videos?

A skull called Black Eye, hit the skull database, once again at the top of the page in a blue bar entitled "HIH Links."

People keep calling me a noob/n00b, what does this mean?

"noob" is a mutation from the word newb which is short for newbie, or one who is new. noob though is almost always meant as an insult, if it's not being used as an insult, it's being used incorrectly. Newb or Newbie meanse just one who is new, usually implying that they are working to become part of the forum or quite possibly already have an idea on how it works. A noob on the other hand tends to throw out insults (flames) for no real reason, and doesn't take an responisbility.

Is <insert discovery here> new?

Probably not, but if you want to know for sure, use the search function (remember to use search for all keywords) and if you are still unsure Private Message (PM) a mod, make sure to search first though since they have other work to do.

What is [skull name] skull? How do I get it?

Hit the skull database, once again at the top of the page, or the Skull Forum accessable from th eHigh Impact Halo Forum Index. Chek the stikies, they'll point you in the right direction.

I found a great skull location, is there a skull here?

Play on Legendary and find out for yourself, if there is one, you'll get hundreds of posts that say "Good job" and probably a few days of fame on the front page.

Wait, is all I get from a discovery a bunch of "good job" posts and a few days of front page goodness?

That, and someone might put your discovery to good use to create and even bigger trick and you might get some satisfaction from that. What do you want? a meadal?

Hey, you're supposed to be answering the questions!

Shut up and eat your vegetables.

How do I make grenade piles? (Suggested by mango)

Get Sputnik Skull and start a cooperative game on whichever level you would like to make a grenade pile on. Once you get to the spot where you would like to create your grenade pile, start killing your co-op partner. Your co-op partner will spawn with grenade(s) and therefore each time you kill them you add more exposives to the pile. Make sure to keep an eye on the pile though because if you don't the game will make the grenades disapear in an attempt to keep the game from slowing down/crashing. Every now and then you might want to melee corpses out of the way and clear out the dropped guns (usually just dual weild and throw away or pick up all the amunition inside them by walking over it). Once you have the desired amount, clean up the pile one last time and you may also need to mellee the grenades into a more compact pile. Once this is done, add a live grenade and watch all you hard work go off in one spectacular explosion. (Note, on the lower difficulties, this is possible on every level except Gravemind, not sure about the higher ones though)

I have a question about something I found in an old thread, should I post a reply in it? (Suggested by Grumpy)

No, this is commonly referred to as "bumping old threads," "necroposting," or "being a n00b." People get angry and post flames and go off on whoever did this because they find bringing these old threads back to life as very annoying. And then all the people who tell you not to post in old threads keeps the thread up on the first page longer, adding to people's frustration. Use the Q & A sticky, PM a moderator, or PM the creator of the topic. If it's something widely used like a launch technique or a glitch that's commonly referred to in other posts, run a search, I'm sure that there has been a tutorial posted about it.

What is bumping?

Bumping is when someone brings a topic either from the bottom of the first page or from previous pages to the top of the first page in order to get more replies out of it or some form of attention. Bumps are usually meaningless posts that are made simply to move the thread's placement. Some of them had decent intent though, like in the question before this. It is generally a frowned upon practice and is a bannable offence in some forums.

What are some useful links for me? (Suggested by ZuP101)

Even though I had mentioned where they were in several of the answers, here they are all together.
Skulls Database
Front Page
Trick Archive
Search

Where is the invincible Warthog / How do I get it?

The invincible Warthog is in Outskirts. Progress through the level as normal until you move into the tunnel and the next chapter begins, backtrack to where you first get a Warthog and the invincible Warthog will be in a balcony below you, just use the plants to get over the railing or blow it over with an explosions, after all, it's not like you can destroy it.

How do I get the invincible grunt (Herbie)? / What is Herbie?

Herbie is an invincible grunt found in Sacred Icon. Normally he isn't invincible, but a simple procedure can fix that problem. Walk up to the first Grunt you come across on Sacred Icon and get him (her?) to start shooting the piston, then shoot the piston yourself until it opens. He'll now be invincible although he stays that way for varying lengths of time.

Once again, if anyone has anything that should be added to this thread, add it. That will also lengthen its time up there so more new members might actually learn from it (doubtful, but I can dream can't I?). I'll also be looking through the Q&A sticky for more ideas so keep lookin' for updates.[/b]

Last edited by Kalos on Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:38 pm; edited 11 times in total
ZuP

Location: Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great job.

This should be stickied.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mango

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZuP101 wrote:
Great job.

This should be stickied.

Also, you should add a 'how to' on making grenade piles. They seem to be popping up a lot recently.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Isn't this like the Q&A sticky?
Pyronaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Making a grenade pile isn't that hard. Everyone should know how to do it.
Kalos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mango wrote:
Also, you should add a 'how to' on making grenade piles. They seem to be popping up a lot recently.

Done, and thanks for the suggestion

astrozombie wrote:

Yes, except I'm taking the frequently asked questions (hence FAQ) and putting them into one thread of helpfulness so new people with questions don't have to endure "YARR!!! Use search or the Q & A sticky you n00b!!" or have to wait for an answer from the Q & A sticky because the question they're asking isn't in there because it seems people who ask these questions don't use it. I'm just creating another forum tool to help people. Technically we don't need a search, they could have just gone through each forum page and use the find function incorporated into post programs (ctrl + F) to find things. Or if we have we don't need the Q & A sticky, but it makes things easier. This will just make things more user friendly for a while.

EDIT: If you had read that whole beginning thing, you would have noticed that I adressed the Q & A sticky anyway, saving this explanation.
HaloKiller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great Job. I hope you earn the right to be a moderator of the Q&A sections of the forum.

Your the kind of guy that makes HIH a great place for the tricking communitiy! Very Happy
Grumpy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice Kalos

I have one.

Question:
I'm new should I post to an old topic while seaching stuff?

Answer:
No, PM a mod or PM the maker of the original thread. People get aggrivated seeing old topics brought back to life. It will save you grief.
Kalos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grumpy wrote:

Question:
I'm new should I post to an old topic while seaching stuff?

Answer:
No, PM a mod or PM the maker of the original thread. People get aggrivated seeing old topics brought back to life. It will save you grief.

Added

Thanks for all the positive feedback all!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
GlitchfinderKalos wrote:

astrozombie wrote:

EDIT: If you had read that whole beginning thing, you would have noticed that I adressed the Q & A sticky anyway, saving this explanation.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't read it. This is nice though.
ZuP

Location: Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should add some links.

Like a link to the skull database.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
S.O.G.
Lone Sniper
Lone Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pyronaut wrote:

You would be suprised, LOTS of people are totally clueless. I say....ad it

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kalos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
S.O.G. wrote:
Pyronaut wrote:

You would be suprised, LOTS of people are totally clueless. I say....ad it

Wink

I added it before your post
Kalos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Added linkys and questions
Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can get underwater and on top of the mountains in Delta Halo, I'll make a thread about it.
Kalos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grumpy wrote:
I can get underwater and on top of the mountains in Delta Halo, I'll make a thread about it.

How could I have left that one out? Heck, that one's going right to the top of the list!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
GlitchfinderKalos wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

How could I have left that one out? Heck, that one's going right to the top of the list!

Definetly has to be at the top of the list.
Grumpy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread should be a sticky, IMO. Maybe with a "Must Read Before Posting" title. This should be the No 1 sticky.
Kalos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Grumpy wrote:
This thread should be a sticky, IMO. Maybe with a "Must Read Before Posting" title. This should be the No 1 sticky.

People have said that, but if newbs read the stickies I probably would have saw no need for the FAQ in the first place. I think every newbie should be forced to read the stickies and then take an exam on it to get a posting liscense. That would certainly cut back a few threads. And probably cause a lot of veterans pain because they didn't read the stikies either!
S.W.A.T. Sniper

Location: Team Snipers 8v2 with xXxCocoFangxXx as my partner.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nice i hope this gets stickied. i guess you read my topic on the warthog. Smile anyhow i thought you didn't have to get inside the tunnel just make the phantom leave(for the invincible warthog).
Kalos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
grunt114 wrote:
nice i hope this gets stickied. i guess you read my topic on the warthog. Smile anyhow i thought you didn't have to get inside the tunnel just make the phantom leave(for the invincible warthog).

I always assumed that you had to get the tunnel loading point, I'll double check that later today.

And as much as I appreciate the compliments, if you really want it to be a sticky, I'm not the one you should be telling it to since last I checked I'm not one of the few, the proud, the underappreciated, the moderators. (I'm so corny)
Halo2Master1

Location: Standing by a tiger, u gotta watch out for them they will....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow, long time to write that all... good job man
flechette
speedrunning ogre
speedrunning ogre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed, this is sticky worthy. ^^ It's more of a general faq than a specific trick faq.

-flech
limp_pizky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i was just finding my scarab gun with the banshee. eventualyy when i found it i was going to find that soccer ball on that map "Metropolis" i kept shooting in with the scarab gun and then something pretty cool happened.
I walked inside of that soccer ball and it was like a bubble around me. Also!!! i could shoot my enemies but they couldnt shoot me because the soccer ball was protecting me and i could also run everything over!!!
try it too, i loved it!!

EDIT BY PRINCEOFTHESWORD: FOURTH TIME I've seen this from you. STOP POSTING IT. It's considered spam. Again, this is your first warning from me, on your first day here. DO NOT do this again.
Pyronaut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right after my previous post i see two topics on how to make a 'nade pile, what a coincidence. Good job on getting this stickied Kalos Very Happy .
UnblessedFish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a wuestion/answer

Q:What are superbounces/how do I do them.
A:Look in the Official Superbounce Topic
The_Reloader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes!!!! i just got the scarab gun 4 the first time!!!!

Thanks to GlitchfinderKalos and the people who responded to my topic for their detailed explanations!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
volx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
grumpy is it where u start of the level and go up part of the mountan before u get to the ruins part????
sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
isn't this all in the archive?
Agentsmurf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found a door leading nowhere. Is this considered something that should be documented?
Kalos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Agentsmurf wrote:
I found a door leading nowhere. Is this considered something that should be documented?

I've just gotten home after a week of self sponsored state run torture (Band Camp) and am attempting to catch up on the many online communities I'm part of so I don't know if anything has transpired from this message but...

First off, this is just an FAQ, we have a Q&A thread if you want a question answered if this was actually a question suggestion and I just interperated it wrong I apologize. Personally I like weird things like doors leading to nowhere or ones that look locked but open anyway.

You should probably just search to see if anyone has already found and documented the same door already
Greenweed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think a good question to answer is how to go about recording a video of a trick or whatever gameplay you have and getting it onto your computer for editing. Not Nesecarily post all the details, but at least point some links in the right direction, as lots of new people, as myself are eager to make good qualities vids of our own- I hate watching ones filmed with a digital camera.

So:
Tutorials(or links to) on getting a system setup for recording onto your computer.
Different applications that can be used for editing and recording.
and any other tips Very Happy

I kind of expected to find that here, it'd be nice to see it added. I did do some searches on the forum "video capture" "capture methods" "recoding methods" couldnt find any sort of answer.

BTW I have been reading through the forums and all the tricks since shortly after halo2 was released, but this is my first post. Hello all! Surprised
bathefriendofjoey

Location: dancing with grunts in a holy curclewatching johnson flie in the air by my glitch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Embarassed
Xx Elite Sangheili xX

Location: Launching stuff very very very very very very very...very high!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great job man, I'm gonna try to get the scarab gun without the banshee, since I've been trying to get it all summer. Rolling Eyes
Xx Elite Sangheili xX

Location: Launching stuff very very very very very very very...very high!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Happy YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!! I got the scarab gun without dieing!!! Thanks man!!

But, I just have to find out how to get the gun down.I got a few ideas.
Babe Magnet

Location: In the middle of that huge group of girls over there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have one.

Q: How do I make my own skull saves?

A: Make and name one profile.(Note: This profile needs to have beaten the game so you have access to every level.) This will be the profile you normally play on. Then make another one and name it the name of any skull, i.e. Sputnik, Black Eye, Angry. Now play a co-op game with these two profiles on The Great Journey on Easy.(Note: You don't need two people to do this. Just play as player 1 and don't worry about player 2.) After you watch the credits play as your skull named profile on the level corresponding with that skull, i.e. Sputnik goes with Quarantine Zone, on Legendary. Once you get close to the skull location start jumping and don't stop.(Note: Hold forward while you jump so you continue moving forward.) Then once you get within grabbing distance of the skull stop jumping. If you past a checkpoint while you were jumping when you stop you should get a checkpoint. Once you get the checkpoint grab the skull, pause the game, and press Save and Quit. Then change to your plain profile and choose any level you want. If you turn your Xbox off and come back later wanting the skull again. Load up that skull's profile and once the game loads you should be able to grab the skull from where your standing. Then Save and Quit, change profiles, and enjoy. Note: You can have multiple skulls on at the same time using this method.

BTW, Kalos, I think you should color code the questions and answers like in the Q and A Sticky.

EDIT: Note: For the Unnamed Skull you have to change the method a little bit. You usually get a checkpoint after you do the sheild test when Johnson says " Don't worry I'll hold his hand". So if you follow my instructions you would start jumping a little before that. But when he says his first Unnamed Skull line it disables the checkpoint. So you have to keep jumping until he says his first Unnamed Skull line. Then if done correctly when you stop jumping you shouldn't get a checkpoint. Wait until he says " Would it help if I said please?". Then get in the elevator, then the tram. Right before you get to the skull pause the game, then press Save and Quit. Since you haven't got a checkpoint yet it will make one there.

Babe Magnet
canofchief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: secret room Reply with quote
EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ABLE TO GET INTO THE SECRET ROOM ON OUT SKIRTS. I CRAMMED TWO GHOSTS IN THE ALLY NEAR THE BLIND SKULL, AND GOT IN AND OUT, AND FELL THREW, BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WALK THREW IT, IF I TRY WALKING , I DIE,

SO EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!!! TRY TO SURVIVE IT, i am stupid and i cant put it online, but i have screen shots and if u want them, email me at xxdubldxx@aim.com, or send me a friend request...... CanOfChief
haloisdabest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
At the start of outskirts part of the wall is black when I look at it in certain angles.

Is this a room?
S.W.A.T. Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
it was one of the first rooms found. unless your saying that that should be a question in the FAQ. if your reallyasking the question, it belongs in the Q&A Thread.
UnlikelyHero

Location: Top Of Relic Tower. GT:UnlikelyHero432 ALT GT:RandomHero432

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey I saw a vid where the guy didnt have the spudnik skull and he survived his grenade launch up to the scarab gun, how the heck can i do that?
S.W.A.T. Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can't launch very high anywhere without sputnik.......let alone the SG bridge. Confused
~Duelies~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no clue where to post this but the amount of posts on the 1st page has been shortened and the stickies and announcements now take up half the page. i just think we need less stickies or more threads on the 1st page.
Naraku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wait, how do you even use grenade piles with Sputnik on? I find that the first grenade either won't set off the rest, or it blows me too high to be hit by the others.
Enanito

Location: wondering where i'll land as i'm spinning wildly through the air in a ghost GT: Enanito

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You have a few options with grenade launching:

Method 1:

With sputnik and black eye on, throw a grenade far enough away from the pile so that it doesn't affect you, but still sets off the pile.

Method 2

No sputnik. You won't go as high, but it's easier because you can throw the grenade at the pile.

Method 3

Box launching. The box is just heavy enough so that the first grenade doesn't launch it too far away. In addition, you get extra height from the box hitting you.
Naraku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I have only gotten method 1 to work a couple of times before I asked the question, but that was just because there was sine random grenade just out of the pile that help. Well, thanks for answering my question.

Babe Magnet wrote:
I have one.

Q: How do I make my own skull saves?

A: Make and name one profile.(Note: This profile needs to have beaten the game so you have access to every level.) This will be the profile you normally play on. Then make another one and name it the name of any skull, i.e. Sputnik, Black Eye, Angry. Now play a co-op game with these two profiles on The Great Journey on Easy.(Note: You don't need two people to do this. Just play as player 1 and don't worry about player 2.) After you watch the credits play as your skull named profile on the level corresponding with that skull, i.e. Sputnik goes with Quarantine Zone, on Legendary. Once you get close to the skull location start jumping and don't stop.(Note: Hold forward while you jump so you continue moving forward.) Then once you get within grabbing distance of the skull stop jumping. If you past a checkpoint while you were jumping when you stop you should get a checkpoint. Once you get the checkpoint grab the skull, pause the game, and press Save and Quit. Then change to your plain profile and choose any level you want. If you turn your Xbox off and come back later wanting the skull again. Load up that skull's profile and once the game loads you should be able to grab the skull from where your standing. Then Save and Quit, change profiles, and enjoy. Note: You can have multiple skulls on at the same time using this method.

BTW, Kalos, I think you should color code the questions and answers like in the Q and A Sticky.

EDIT: Note: For the Unnamed Skull you have to change the method a little bit. You usually get a checkpoint after you do the sheild test when Johnson says " Don't worry I'll hold his hand". So if you follow my instructions you would start jumping a little before that. But when he says his first Unnamed Skull line it disables the checkpoint. So you have to keep jumping until he says his first Unnamed Skull line. Then if done correctly when you stop jumping you shouldn't get a checkpoint. Wait until he says " Would it help if I said please?". Then get in the elevator, then the tram. Right before you get to the skull pause the game, then press Save and Quit. Since you haven't got a checkpoint yet it will make one there.

Babe Magnet

Or you could just copy the profile onto a memory card if you have one and then just keep copying it, changing the name, and copying it again. That's what I did and I have saves for skulls that are actually on top of the skulls.
IndoKRoNiK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
all pelican and phantom rides?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: