HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

router down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
II Swampfox II

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: router down Reply with quote
My router broke yesterday, but I still want to play halo so I want to setup a network bridge. I have all the stuff and it is set up properly, but I can't connect to XBL. When the bridge is turned off, it says that the connection coming from the xbox has little or no connectivity, and that might have something to do with it. When I got to trouble shooter, it says that the DNS was not resolved. If anyone knows a thing or two about bridging a network or knows what the problem is, please help.
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would advise using Internet Connection Sharing instead. It works in the same way.

Select the connection to the modem, and turn on ICS. You will also need to forward all services that look relevant, such as DCHP, HTTP, DNS etc. The host for these services should be the modem, not the PC address as is entered by default.

The limited connectivity is because a thing at one end of the cable has no IP address, in this case the xbox. Once ICS is set up, it will get an IP as normal.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Technical Help All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: