HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Couple of Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Technical Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxXZeRoXxX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Couple of Questions Reply with quote
Ok i just got my ATI tv wonder pro capture card, and its hooked up and working fine. just the problem is that when i record it and save it, it is automatically saved in a .vcr format, and i don't think it came with any editing software. So is there a way to save it in like .mpg/.avi or something like that. And what is a good editing program to use? Im going to try to make a montage if that helps. Also a 3.36 video is 104,445 KB's uncompressed, how can i make it like extremly small, but still in good quality?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think you should be able to use something like Windows Movie Maker to capture video, which will also make the filesizes smaller. Give it a go.
XxXZeRoXxX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok i got Dr. Divx or something to compress the file. And it compressed it, but now it is in .divx format, and im wanting it so that it will work with windows media. So what im wanting to know is how i could change it from a .divx file to a windowns media player file or something
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
DivX will work in Windows Media Player, providing the view has the DivX codec which many people do.

DivX->WMV is very hard to do. Try using Widows MEdia Encoder to convert the original file into a .wmv, the windows movie filetype.
XxXZeRoXxX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well my brother figured it out. I think he just encoded the file 2 times or something, so now it is in a smaller size and thats all i wanted. But thanks for the help
II Swampfox II

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
To change your capture format from vci, just go to setup>Personal Video Recorder>Map preset, and select the format you wish to record in. I use Full Resolution mpeg-2 and then compress it with windows media encoder, which comes with your capture card. Although, if you are editing with windows media player, you will have to record in avi, because that is the only file it recognizes. Or you could use Sony Vegas, found below.
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/download/step2.asp?DID=583
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Swampfox - or wmv, mpg (some types)

Windows Media Encoder is also available from Microsoft.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Technical Help All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: