HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Keyes Speed Runs - Legendary 2.50! (No Shot)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
slynk... get off the forums until you submit another run.
destroyed.

<3 u slynk
illidan the hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay, Scurty does it again!! <(^^<)

illidan
slYnki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

Location: London Ontario Canada - 'it's a fact' Miss Universe 1982 was from London

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
insidi0us wrote:
<3 u slynk

don't be sad - he still <3's you
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keyes has offically been raped.
themann1086

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HæroicRaptor wrote:
Keyes has offically been raped.

Don't tell his daughter...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StuporMan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome run as always scurty! I guess I should abandon Keyes until I can skip the cutscene. (But you still will prolly beat me to it)

StuporMan
SLYNKI IS GHEY!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
scurty, thou art haxXing thy box. Shocked
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was going through some old Halo vids I have, and I came upon goatrope's Keyes run. I watched it and thought "wow, we've cut 7+ minutes from this puppy."
scurty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's the fastest time SDA will currently accept from us though because they don't approve of leaving the game boundaries. :/

Same with the Maw but oh well.
slYnki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You talked to Radix about it? Well, SDA is pretty strict. Anyone can respect that, so we're lucky to even actually get some Halo runs over there. Don't know why the Half-Life run was accepted, whole bunch of "out of level" circumstances. Speaking of Half-Life, I'm going to advertise some of the stuff I've been doing in Half-Life recently:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=pcgames;action=display;num=1134018730;start=420#420

A guy named Dazzle has been recording some of my demos into .avi form. So if you wanna take a peek, you can Razz. Yes I'm diverting away from Halo, sorry >_<;

EDIT: 25! And you'll need WinRAR to extract the .avi's
scurty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've always had WinRar.

It took me longer to navigate through the site than to actually download the file :P

That's some interestign stuff.. although I don't think it looks as cool as when you get out of a Halo level but still cool none the less.
slYnki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's not even my best stuff Very Happy.
StuporMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have some good news and some bad news (all good news if you are scurty). The good news. I have a proof of concept run on a technique that could improve the current legendary no-shot time by ~6 seconds (~4 seconds on PC). The bad news, since I am still not quite as smooth as the BEAST, I ended up running ~2 seconds slower than his run despite the speedups (due to various microscopic miscues). The worse news, I missed the middle level in the hangar by milimeters and died in the last room (after doing several hundred runs trying to get the trick to work).

The gist, scurty's run is beyond impressive. If I cannot get the trick to work before April (yes I am giving myself a LONG time before I reveal my secret which I am sure scurty has already figured out, but it only serves to slightly level the playing field since I average ~4 hours of halo running time per week). That being said, even if I reveal my secret, scurty would probably be better off not trying. The success rate is dismal. I mean 1 in a million may be a slight overexaggeration. So again, my hat is off to you scurty, your run is (almost) unbeatable.

StuporMan
scurty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll be looking to improve that run in any way possible. I actually like speed running legendary on this level the most because you are invisible which means enemies won't shoot at you and therefore possibly reset the shield reset timer. Currently all I can think of is not grenading the enemies but that wouldn't be much of a secret. I'll be waiting in April for you to reveal the secret :P

I haven't tried a run in a few weeks though,. I've been tied up with a current project and.. school. It'll most likely take me awhile to get into the groove again to find the spot on the shield but it shouldn't be long after I take it up again. Until then, good luck :)
StuporMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, hopefully I can get a decent run together so you can see it. Trust me you will be impressed (with my insanity anyway). But I think the most I can hope for is a 2 second improvement (if I execute everything as well as I possibly can). But I will at least give you a few more seconds to play with.

StuporMan
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
scirty, PLEASE, do another level.

We're getting bored, do some Halo runs or some Halo 2, I haven't seen a H2 Speedrun in decades. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
scurty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol, I can't remember the last time I tried to do a Halo 2 speed run. The only time I play Halo 2 is to go on Xbox Live (which is my only option up my father's house so I might as well do it). If you want me to I can do a speedrun on Halo 2 because I really don't think I'd be able to do a run on the game. slYnk and insid would beat it easily.

I'll have to practice sword flying again though, haven't done it in ages. I could try to improve my Gravemind Legendary time.. but I'm open to suggestions because I really don't know what to do.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't seen a Maw Speedrun in a long time Wink

That's the only one I can thnk of in H1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
themann1086

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EternalSlayer wrote:
I haven't seen a Maw Speedrun in a long time Wink

That's the only one I can thnk of in H1.

shhh... be quiet.....

I have a question though: i remember a while back there was a discussion on whether or not one of the controller types couldn't get up to full speed with the hog... was that the S-controller? I couldn't remember and I have no idea where I'm losing time... and I suspect the controller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nok said that with some controls he had to hold the crocuh button down while driving to speed up.
themann1086

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks scurty, appreciate it!
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

Location: London Ontario Canada - 'it's a fact' Miss Universe 1982 was from London

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ya it was me - most of our s controllers are messed up - i now use the duke or my new fps controller, depending on what run i'm doing
Raigns

Location: London, Ontario, Canada... Yes, the home town of Nathan Walpole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
NOKYARD wrote:
ya it was me - most of our s controllers are messed up - i now use the duke or my new fps controller, depending on what run i'm doing

Well, maybe we can try a run on the 360. I'm pretty sure thoes white controllers of it drive at top speed without the need of left-stick clickery. Wink (JIC: I think this only applies to halo 2)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
while were talking about controllers - there's something i've got to show you

i applied these polyurethane 'nubs' to the thimbsticks of some of my controllers and to the ABXY buttons on my FPS - and you wouldn't believe the difference - they look and feel like the buttons an a regular controller - but they're very stickey and you get MUCH greater control and a more tactile feel

they make the s controller feel like it has duke thumbsticks and makes the fps more responsive (if you haven't used a fps before - the ABXY buttons feel sloppy)

you can find them in the hardware section of wal-mart with the furniture protectors

to apply them just clean the thumbstick with rubbing alcohol, wait a few minutes, apply, then wait a while for them to set
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked

What's a Wal-Mart?
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A department store or any hardware store will do
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: