HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Loading screen right before menu?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
{NL} Grande Ninja

Location: Virginia Beach XBL GT: I Mr Anderson I or MacsRYummy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Loading screen right before menu? Reply with quote
Sometimes when I start up Halo 2, there will be a loading screen. It says Loading X%. Has this happened to anyone else?
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has been happening quite a bit to a few people. I've not had it happen to me, though, and I don't know what's causing it exactly.

Do you have the shipping emulator, or the download emulator?

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
{NL} Grande Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure, I had to download an update before the first time I played H2.
sniper0scope

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had that problem on my original xbox, and sometimes it would fail to load completely. I think its because our disks are scratched or something because mine is. By original xbox fails to load it repeatedly, and i have to keep on ejecting it out re-entering it until it loads, however my 360 loads it straight away, but still sometimes with that loading screen before menu. I wouldnt worry about it anyway, as long as it loads Smile .
Tbird24

Location: working on my first vid...doing my thang GT= tbird24 send FR if u want in or have ideas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep it happens to me every time...prob. not a big deal...its not like it says........... "Crashing 99%"
InfiniZ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the shipping emulator and it only did it the first couple times I playe Halo 2 on my 360....

I beleive that it just has to get some of the game information onto the system, because after awhile, it just stopped doing it....and booted up normaly...
Unvoiced Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
that happened to me a couple times. They made me update my xbox 360 i first put in the halo 2 in my 360. and after that it happend like 3 - 4 times
{NL} Grande Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It happened to me the first couple of times, then stopped for a while, then it did it once again today.
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
it happens to me once in every four times while starting halo 2, its tricking uss to by a new disk, so go rip your self a new one and this should stop happening.

well rearly its becuase the cache gets cleared for Muliplayer every time u shut your 360 off
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
HEATSEEKER618

Location: playing my xbox 360 that kick's ass while kicking ass on call of duty 2...WHOOPA!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok here is a technical evaluation of what the loading screen is for..you nkow how there is a emulator on the hard disc for old xbox games to play...well....then the loading screen is for the emulator to load the game......is what i think we would have to ask xbox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sniper0scope

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No because how can it be the emulator if it happens on my original xbox as well as my 360. Might be because of a scratched disk- harder to read from
midwaymas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My friend get's this on his normal X-box all the time. However I never get it.
Ghost Faction

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont have a scratched disk and this just happens randomly to me
F2D Wicked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think its becusae the game is loading slower than it is expected, either caused by the emulator, slow disc speed, anything like that
That happens if you delete the media file on halo 2 (if you mod). The beggining stuff just covers up the loading stuff
Faithless564

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Um... no
it has nothing to do with your disk? and it never happens on the origional xbox. Someone said this before, but what happens is your 360 emulator has to load the game. Its that simple.

AYB Faithless
sniper0scope

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could it maybe have anything to do with the way the lazer reads the disks. I mean, mine is about 1 and a half years old now, and when halo 2 was released, i never got that loading screen. But as i played the game more later on, the loading screen became more frequent, and longer. So my xbox might be getting tired...
Faithless564

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
uh... how could ur xbox 360 be one and a half years old?

AYB Faithless
LingBling117

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This happens to me a lot, and I wanted to figure out what causes it. I'm not completly sure but I everytime this happened to me I couldn't skip (by pressing A) pass the Bunige slogan, and when I could skip pass the Bungie slogan it never happened to me.
sniper0scope

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Faithless564 wrote:
uh... how could ur xbox 360 be one and a half years old?

AYB Faithless

nonono not by 360 my original xbox

*edit* which sucks because my original xbox cannot load the disk at all now im trying to load halo 2 now but it keeps saying the disk is dirty or damaged.
peter14s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a small input;

I recently softmodded my original xbox for halo 2. When you load Halo 2 from the modding dashboard you get the very same loading screen as you do when loading it on the 360. As with the 360; this loading screen only comes up at the very beginning.

My guess therefore is just that it is the halo 2 screen bungie put in if it needs to load something special from the harddrive.

Saltxwater
InfiniZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok...first of all let's get some things straight here....

Idea =============================== Idea

1) We have seen this screen on a(n):

~ Original XBox (Un-Modded)
~ Original XBox (Soft-Modded)
~ Original Xbox (Chip-Modded)
~ XBox 360 (Core)
~ XBox 360 (Premium)

2) It appears to happen more frequently on the 360's.

~ In some cases, this loading screen appears regularly.
~ In some cases, it seems to appear randomly.
~ In some cases, it seems to only dislpay the loading screen after playing a game other than Halo 2.
~ In some cases, the loading screen is displayed the first few times the game is loaded, but after it had been started several times, it seems the loading screen doesn't show.

Idea =============================== Idea

If your story is just like one of those posted above....well...just don't post it....We have that informationm and we don't need others just saying, "Yeah, that happens to me too!"

Sorry if this upsets anyone, but if were gonna find a problem, let's do it in a semi-organized fashion.
MasterSniper911

Location: Making a more Politically, Grammatically, and Spellingly correct post than your's|Canadian and Proud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It does it EVERYTIME for me whethere I am connected to Live or not. And it goes by 3s (example: 1-3-6-9-12-15 etc) then when it reaches 100% it goes back down to 1 and starts again when it reaches 100% then it loads up. It does the secound time randomly but it does it the first time EVERYTIME I play Halo 2.

Also I have noticed that I am failing to load the map. I can understand Coag and that kinda stuff (my disc is pretty old) but it sometimes fails to load Sanctuarary and the new maps. With should be on the HD it comes up with a message on MM that says: "You are missing one of the maps required to play in this game please try anouther game" and if I do fail to load in a custom game (Coag or new maps) I join a secound time and it works fine. Weird. I have not got any lag though on any level cept for Bever Creek but that was with 12 people so I donno...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
F2D Wicked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like I said before, I believe its just from xbox loading to slowly, so the beggining video things end before its done loading, therefore showing the loading screen. Again as I said before, the emulator probably slows down the proccess, it could also be affected by what is in your xbox's cache. So if you put in the disc once, let it load, then take it out, and put it back in, it should start without the loading screen. This is what I think though, im just speculating
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
InfiniZ wrote:
I got the shipping emulator and it only did it the first couple times I playe Halo 2 on my 360....

I beleive that it just has to get some of the game information onto the system, because after awhile, it just stopped doing it....and booted up normaly...

It's probably creating the Cache, so it loads faster in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sonixizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it happens to me on often occassions but my xbox is the first few of its kind and my laser and halo2 disc are both pretty brutal...i cant even goto download content half the time.
Mr N

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Raiden47 wrote:
InfiniZ wrote:

It's probably creating the Cache, so it loads faster in the future.

This is probably why this happens. On one of my original xboxs, it does this whenever I play another game before playing Halo 2. The xbox in question is quite old (2002). My newer xbox never does this, and neither does my xbox 360.
alcoholic panda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: lucky Reply with quote
you only load once everytime my 360 double loads as soon as it reaches 99% the first time it goes back to zero and has to count up again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
pretty much it didn't load the first movie. when i modded halo 2 and put it on my HDD i deleted the movies and it did a loading screen exactly like this one, so pretty much its just not loading the movie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the reason we see it is due to a loading error of some kind, possibly related to a similar problem with the maps. That's also why it sometimes has to load twice, if it loads then finds out something is wrong, it starts again.
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
delete your cache from the HDD try downloading maps again and its fixed thats what I did now its good and no more % loading screens which i had every time Shocked
MasterSniper911

Location: Making a more Politically, Grammatically, and Spellingly correct post than your's|Canadian and Proud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm weird are you talking about a modded Xbox 1 because you cant delete the Cache on a 360... But you can delete everything as the Halo 2 maps dont show up on the menu...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
princeofthesword wrote:
This has been happening quite a bit to a few people. I've not had it happen to me, though, and I don't know what's causing it exactly.

Do you have the shipping emulator, or the download emulator?

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>

It's not something with the x360, it's with the disc. I've goten that on my normal xbox before.. so ya.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ritcheyz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought that it was cool when it happened. I don't know why.
M0d Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try re-downloading maps i had this problem before i did this now after re-downloading them this hasnt happened since its due to the emulator update whier if you downloeded the maps before that you will have this problem to this is the best way of fixing.

Modding halo 2 helped me relise this fix Cool

Please lock this,

Redownload maps fix works 100% official maps are now free so no worries Razz, or just take maps from old xbox put on 360 works the best though
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: