HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

windows vista

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cap mstr shotgn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: windows vista Reply with quote
i was wondering if anyone had any info on windows vista and if there is a release date??? and plus should i wait for it to buy a new computer???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Delta XOOO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
not me, aint there a BETA?.
Jat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont get it it sucks. if you want to know why... well ill just let these oter people tell you
A1L21|SwiZzLe DiZzLe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have some Windows Vista thing n it is probably the beta and how does it suck??
Dragondex 360

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its basically a graphically enhanced version of XP with a few new features. It comes preinstalled with DirectX 10.

Its not really worth getting a new computer for Vista yet, maybe in a year or so when its got some cool features.

Vista is said to be released towards the end of 06/ start of 07.
Smartmouthjim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
actually i am forced to either buy a new computer (i was gonna get one any way) in about october(probably dec. at christmas so i can get a better one) so it will have windows vista or buy a new computer now and buy the window vista thing for about $150 when it comes out
cap mstr shotgn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah im goin off to the big ole university of kentucky next year so ill need a computer but ill probly just get xp and then buy vista when it comes out but what makes you think it sucks they havent said much about it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragondex 360 wrote:
Its basically a graphically enhanced version of XP with a few new features. It comes preinstalled with DirectX 10.
Its not really worth getting a new computer for Vista yet, maybe in a year or so when its got some cool features.
Vista is said to be released towards the end of 06/ start of 07.

What braindead moron would buy a whole new computer just for the OS? It's not like software is permenant or anything, it can be installed and uninstalled....

I'm getting the 64-bit version because being able to use 64-bit Windows with my 64-bit processor makes me giggle with delight.
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
GXM has it. I just wanted to say it before he came in here and did. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Trombone wrote:
GXM has it. I just wanted to say it before he came in here and did. Very Happy

uhh he just has a few skins on his computer.....

anywho its going to be released on Dec. 2nd or something like that and i am going to get it no doubt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zarin
Headlong Master
Headlong Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jat wrote:
dont get it it sucks. if you want to know why... well ill just let these oter people tell you

Yeah it sucks, because it's the only OS that Halo2 will run on. Idiot.
BoarderX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not that bad right now. The newest beta build(5308) is pretty slow when starting programs and stuff but once they're running it's just fine. A decent graphics card is recommended if you want to see all the prettiness. Because without that Vista would barely be worth it.

Here is a post I made awhile with some screenshots I took of Vista.
BoarderX wrote:
Here are some screenshots of Windows Vista Build 5308(because I'm bored).

Heres the desktop complete with sidebar(with some gadgets) and the window preview(bottom).

Windows Media Player 11(kinda boring)

Me using Flip 3D(coolest feature evar!!)

Windows Media Center(now built right into Vista[not a seperate OS])

Oh dear. Microsoft updated the games! They've remained the same since Windows 3.1! Omgwtfbbq Chess!

Well thats all for now until I can find some new stuff to show.
Demonic Felony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I want Vista even more now!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Techno Mutant

Location: Website- Three-Halo-Mutants.com Gt- Techno Mutant. Yes I have a 360

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
how did you get the beta? Are you a signed up member w/ microsoft or are you getting it illgally?

also since you have it! when you upgraded did you have to re-install all the programs and/or wipe out the Hdd to re-install a new os? and are you experiacing any problems programs such as Firefox and stuff like photoshop and macromedia like not being able to install them because its not vista compabitle?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
laser

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
64 bit support is pointless because most software doesn't take advantage of it yet. Windows 2000 is the best version anyways.
<The_Wisdom_Cube>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its said to be released in early December Wink .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BoarderX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Techno Mutant wrote:
how did you get the beta? Are you a signed up member w/ microsoft or are you getting it illgally?

also since you have it! when you upgraded did you have to re-install all the programs and/or wipe out the Hdd to re-install a new os? and are you experiacing any problems programs such as Firefox and stuff like photoshop and macromedia like not being able to install them because its not vista compabitle?

The upgrade install is horribly, horribly flawed and is not recommended under any circumstances. And using Vista for anything practical is just dumb. It's in beta it's not meant to be your primary OS. The only thing I'd use it for is media/internet/ and word processing at the moment. Installing programs like PS and macromedia stuff probably won't work well. Firefox works just fine. But for some programs Vista just doesn't like the installer and won't even run(ex. MSN Cool.

laser wrote:
64 bit support is pointless because most software doesn't take advantage of it yet. Windows 2000 is the best version anyways.

The 64-bit version is leaps and bounds faster than the 32-bit version of Vista if you have a CPU that can take advantage of it. All of the MS software(IE, Office 2007, Media Center, and most utility programs) have been recoded to take advantage of the 64-bit processors and provide a significant speed boost. Especially in terms of compressing movies and the like.
Szurgot

Location: on top of the ascension tower with a sniper during a tower of power game. GT=SGT Szurgot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have on question for you is M$ paint upgraded in anyway shape or form?!
BoarderX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
No sorry Sad>
Szurgot

Location: on top of the ascension tower with a sniper during a tower of power game. GT=SGT Szurgot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank god
I love my MS paint and if they screwed it up i would go out and buy a mac.
In case anyone didn't know i make pixel art like these

and if they changed anything I would be unhappy because I plan on buying vista for my new computer I'm building in june
also if you feel i hijacked the topic just say something and the pixle art will be deleted
Level

Location: Time? Time is an illusion. The only time, is party time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragondex 360 wrote:

Meh. I rather like it. It makes even old computers 49% faster.
Besides, you get a fun 3D interface! Completely useless yet generally amusing!
And finally, MSN 8.0 (Live) works perfectly.
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2383/3ddesk5ha.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wizdum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Level wrote:
Dragondex 360 wrote:

lol, thier copying matrix 3d for Linux
BoarderX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Level wrote:
Dragondex 360 wrote:

WTF? Thats not what Flip 3D looks like. I don't think thats Vista Build 5308(latest build) because you don't even have the beta stamp in the bottom right corner of your desktop.
Smartmouthjim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BoarderX wrote:

The upgrade install is horribly, horribly flawed and is not recommended under any circumstances. And using Vista for anything practical is just dumb. It's in beta it's not meant to be your primary OS. The only thing I'd use it for is media/internet/ and word processing at the moment. Installing programs like PS and macromedia stuff probably won't work well. Firefox works just fine. But for some programs Vista just doesn't like the installer and won't even run(ex. MSN Cool.

i had to learn that the hard way after i downloaded it it screwed up and i had to destructive system restore my computer with windows XP even thought i had so much stuff on it......... Crying or Very sad
Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My favorite things...

Flip 3D: that looks awesome, i dunno what it really does but it looks awesome Very Happy

Windows Media Centre: OMG YES! FINALLY! i really want this, becuase i have a 360, i can now stream movies to my 360 yay! woot!!!! : DDDDDD
(CC!)Phasmorphage

Location: <~(CC!)~> Working on the next episode of HIN. Playing Doom on my iPod Mini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, you might want to wait, since most peoples jobs will give it to them for free.

I bet my dad is going to get it, and I'll just use his disc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cap mstr shotgn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
btw i read somewhere that it is going to make linking between 360 and your computer even easier and give it more features but i do not remember where ;(
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: