HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The Official TRICK Jumping Q/A Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tzvii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you do the Maluu Slide?
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jump from behind the antenna, hold crouch, land and jump as well as letting go of crouch about 1/2 a second into the slide.
an@$$KiCkInGKow-BOI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what is the box launch on turf i've been hearing so much about
Reidon

Location: Helping at the Jumping Discussion | GT: Reidon <360

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
an@$$KiCkInGKow-BOI wrote:

Not a jumping question. Use The Official Q and A Sticky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
an@$$KiCkInGKow-BOI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reidon wrote:
an@$$KiCkInGKow-BOI wrote:

Not a jumping question. Use The Official Q and A Sticky.

sorry about that thanx I will Embarassed
Th-Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
how do you do a ghost jump?
Id1oT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Th-Alchemist wrote:
how do you do a ghost jump?

Ghosts jumps can be tricky its all about when to press the A button
You have to find a ghost jump and basically figure out where to jump again(If you can jump again, if not theres no ghost)
the bus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you think its possible to ghost jump something just button mash "a" and you should evntually
[iH?] brotha icE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the bus wrote:
if you think its possible to ghost jump something just button mash "a" and you should evntually

that + crouching helps
BlackShadowAlchemist

Location: does it matter because no matter where you go, there you are

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there a video tutorial on how to get onto of the scarab from the ground on turf. if there is can someone give me a link.
Cow Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
when doing a save, do you have to crouch at all?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reidon

Location: Helping at the Jumping Discussion | GT: Reidon <360

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cow Master wrote:
when doing a save, do you have to crouch at all?

So there is this term known as kneecapping. Its where you get so close to the ledge, so close you are on it, but you somehow slip off, I'm sure you have done this before. This act of "slipping" is when you are touching the sinking point of the ledge. The sinking point makes all ledges slippery on the edges.

Whenever you "kneecap" a jump and you start to slip backwards, the moment you feel yourself slip, jump. Obviously you are holding forward since you are trying to reach that ledge, so keep holding forward as you save. You will notice that when you jump while slipping back you actually travel backwards, not forwards, in turn making you bounce straight off of the ledge.

However, if you continue to hold forward, the extra airtime you get after the save will allow you to revert your momentum back in to the forward motion, with this you will travel farther forward and land completely on the ledge.

So, kneecap a ledge, when you start to slip off jump while holding forward, land on the ledge.

Some things to remember
- You can only save when you kneecap a ledge.
- You can do multiple saves if you did not gain enough forward momentum, just keep holding forward and pressing A and you slip
- Never let go of forward when saving until you have enough momentum
- If you cannot even get to the point of kneecapping you need to late-jump better. Remember a save is a backup if your late-jump is not good enough. The really hard long jumps require the use of both techniques though.

That's just the basics of saving. There are many more complicated jumps that use this idea of manipulating the "sinking point" to gain an advantage, like late-saving.

Sometimes when you are saving, you bounce to far off of the ledge and you cannot revert your momentum like I explained earlier. This is because the rebound force off of the ledge is greater than your ability to recover momentum aka "air control" (Halo 2 has VERY little air control). This is most common on matrix jumps -jumps with long falls- or jumps onto slanted ledges since you slip very easily.

Save 1 - This jump is a matrix as well as a slant, so when you do a normal save you bounce right off

Save 2 - Since the grates are slanted you will bounce completely out when saving.

To counter this, you can perform whats known as a late-save. Instead jumping immediately after slipping or just pressing A a lot and hoping to get lucky, you must time your save MUCH later than normal, almost to the point where you are completely off of the ledge. When you pause just a fraction of a second longer, all you backwards momentum is eliminated (friction), leaving only forward momentum to gain when you save (of course you're still holding forward).

Here are those same jumps using a late-save. Notice how much longer I wait to do the save as compared to the previous ones.

Late-Save 1 - If I pause for just a fraction of a second longer, my backwards momentum is lost, so when I jump I only go forward.

Late-Save 2 - Late-saving is required to be able to juggle multiple times in the grate. It is also to required to be able to juggle across all 6. And some other cool stuff Wink

Late-saving can also be used for aesthetic purposes by eliminating the use of multiple saves (the alternate to countering a matrix/slanted landing) because well...multiple saves just don't look as cool as one. You must use a late-save, for example, if you are trying to complete the RyanL jump with 1 save, rather than 2 or 3.

^ Yup, great tutorial from Kealii Maluu.
Hope this helps you out!
I did not write this, it was all done by Kealii Maluu.
I got the 1000001 post!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NOOB LUCK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok im not sure if this is in here but i didnt see it

On Zanaibar, on the camo spaw roof there is a long jump from the to a part of the sea wall. i was wonderin if any 1 saw this on a viedo somewere and could post it here.

much thanks
NOOB LUCK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: