HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

the weekly riddle 2nd issue (by bon3saw)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BON3SAW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: the weekly riddle 2nd issue (by bon3saw) Reply with quote
ok its time for the weekly riddle but 1st i would like to congradulate HIH for 1 million posts well heres the riddle

if the core of the earth wouldent kill you or geting stuck in the middle could you dig a hole strait theru the earth would u come out the other side feet 1st?

Last edited by BON3SAW on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gamefreak249

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, i'm guessing you would come out head first... Confused
Shadow Ferret

Location: Mark your calenders for E3 in May of 2006! Revolution gets revealed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You couldn't come out the other side, gravity would be coming in at you from all directions and you would be stuck in the magma-y hotness.
BON3SAW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shadow Ferret wrote:
You couldn't come out the other side, gravity would be coming in at you from all directions and you would be stuck in the magma-y hotness.
i said if the core of the earth woudlent KILL you moron
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valor

No, because once you hit the halfway point, you would be digging up.
cauz

Shadow Ferret wrote:

my teacher told me about this. he said in the middle its like there is no gravity since there is nothing beneath you to pull you and all directions would be up.
Shadow Ferret

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

Did I ever say that you died? Because I'm reading it over, and no where in there does it say anything about you dieing. I just said that you would be stuck there, due to the massive gravitational force from all directions.

Read a little next time, you moron.

Last edited by Shadow Ferret on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeneralGore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

There is also no gravity like cauz said so it would be impossible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BON3SAW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shadow Ferret wrote:
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

Did I ever say that you died? Because I'm reading it over, and no where in there does it say anything about you dieing. I just said that you would be stuck there, due to the massive gravitational force from all directions.

u know y do u even post in this if ur going to be like that huh
Doonce

Location: All I can tell you is that i have you in my crosshairs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

he didnt say you would die, he said you would just get stuck. Which would probably be the case.. IF you could dig through solid metal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
t3h gutst4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anything is possible... so I guess you could...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadow Ferret

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

Because you called me a moron, when it was you who was being stupid.

Doonce wrote:
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

he didnt say you would die, he said you would just get stuck. Which would probably be the case.. IF you could dig through solid metal.

That is true. I was basing this on if you could simply "dig through the center of the Earth". Of course, this question is all hypothetical.
GeneralGore

No, it would be impossible by yourself to dig through the core of the earth even if it was gone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Insert_Name

Location: *Under the advice of my lawyers I'm not allowed to say*

Impossible, even if you did survive the enormous pressure and gravity would smash you in the center.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BON3SAW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shadow Ferret wrote:
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

Because you called me a moron, when it was you who was being stupid.

Doonce wrote:
BON3SAW wrote:
Shadow Ferret wrote:

That is true. I was basing this on if you could simply "dig through the center of the Earth". Of course, this question is all hypothetical.
guys im saying so u cant get stuck or get killd by the core ok ill just edit the riddle
Insert_Name

Location: *Under the advice of my lawyers I'm not allowed to say*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well if you put it that way (in which there is no gravity, pressure, or heat what so ever) then yes. Are you happy now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MJOLNIR VII

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay... you come out sideways, THEN die due to massive exhaustion, starvation, and dehydration.

Happy? Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cauz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i was just thinking that once you reach the core, you wouldnt be diging sort of, youd be climbing i think.....or when you reach the other side you come out head first because once you pass the core it would be pulling you back down and since you cant be upside down you be right side up?

if im wrong ignore it because im extremely sick and not thinking good...and you guys are talking this way too seriously
Shadow Ferret

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cauz wrote:
well i was just thinking that once you reach the core, you wouldnt be diging sort of, youd be climbing i think.....or when you reach the other side you come out head first because once you pass the core it would be pulling you back down and since you cant be upside down you be right side up?

if im wrong ignore it because im extremely sick and not thinking good...and you guys are talking this way too seriously

No, that's correct. Since BoneSaw has to be so picky in his question, then yes, you would come out head first no matter which way you went.
AggressiveGrunt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no because at the magnet thing in the middle it would flip you over and you would be digging up...you saw this on braniac didn't you?
iTekeeTakShak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This isn't a riddle. It's a scientific theoretical question. But I'll go with it.

Draw a picture. You're digging down............and you reach the middle. Now, by this time you probably would be dead, had there been gravity. But you can't die, so we must assume gravity isn't a factor.

Therefore, you also need a momentum accelerator, or a vehicle to move you downward and possibly make the job easier by digging for you. But if you didn't use it, we must say by the time you get there, time has passed by a while.

Let us assume that you have unlimited stamina and have no need for 'fuel.' If you work day and night nonstop, at approximately 50 feet per 24 hours, and the Earth being around 3500 miles in radius, you would reach the center in about 370,000 days. This being said in easier to comprehend terms, you would reach Earth's core in about 1000 years, more or less. The Earth has rotated 1000 times, 360 degrees already, so you have had to adjust yourself about 24 times each day to suit your angle digging downwards, since you are in freefall without gravity.

This means that within the thousand years that you've adjusted your position, you've done it about 9 million times. Let's ignore the fact that you're disoriented and mindboggled because of the absence of gravitational pull and continue onwards. Only, and only if you are within 2 and a half hours that you started your digging 1000 years ago will you most likely be in the same position that you were before.

That's ignoring if you'd like to dig up or down and wanted to switch sometime in between the rotations. But, as most people would, we would start digging downward (excluding magnetic pull factors)....and 2000-some years later, end up with our feet coming out of a hole somewhere in the ocean, if there is one, considering gravity is not in effect.

Yes, I was bored.
Shadow Ferret

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
iTekeeTakShak wrote:
This isn't a riddle. It's a scientific theoretical question. But I'll go with it.

Draw a picture. You're digging down............and you reach the middle. Now, by this time you probably would be dead, had there been gravity. But you can't die, so we must assume gravity isn't a factor.

Therefore, you also need a momentum accelerator, or a vehicle to move you downward and possibly make the job easier by digging for you. But if you didn't use it, we must say by the time you get there, time has passed by a while.

Let us assume that you have unlimited stamina and have no need for 'fuel.' If you work day and night nonstop, at approximately 50 feet per 24 hours, and the Earth being around 3500 miles in radius, you would reach the center in about 370,000 days. This being said in easier to comprehend terms, you would reach Earth's core in about 1000 years, more or less. The Earth has rotated 1000 times, 360 degrees already, so you have had to adjust yourself about 24 times each day to suit your angle digging downwards, since you are in freefall without gravity.

This means that within the thousand years that you've adjusted your position, you've done it about 9 million times. Let's ignore the fact that you're disoriented and mindboggled because of the absence of gravitational pull and continue onwards. Only, and only if you are within 2 and a half hours that you started your digging 1000 years ago will you most likely be in the same position that you were before.

That's ignoring if you'd like to dig up or down and wanted to switch sometime in between the rotations. But, as most people would, we would start digging downward (excluding magnetic pull factors)....and 2000-some years later, end up with our feet coming out of a hole somewhere in the ocean, if there is one, considering gravity is not in effect.

Yes, I was bored.

You just brought it to the next level.
iTekeeTakShak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
O rly?
Shadow Ferret

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ya rly!
iTekeeTakShak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NO WAI!!!
Dark_Archon57

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's all gravitational pull, it pulls to the center of the Earth, so technically, you could walk everywhere in the center. (You would get stuck, but you eliminated that possibility) But, technically, I believe you'd come out head first, unless you're somehow latched too the "roof" and digging "down". Man this is confusing
an@$$KiCkInGKow-BOI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is a very open ended question, not a riddle.

also, if you dig a hole to the center of the earth the amount of magma, explosive gasses, and the supervolcano forming from where you dig would probably destroy the Earth.
Ritcheyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: the weekly riddle 2nd issue (by bon3saw) Reply with quote
BON3SAW wrote:
ok its time for the weekly riddle but 1st i would like to congradulate HIH for 1 million posts well heres the riddle

if the core of the earth wouldent kill you or geting stuck in the middle could you dig a hole strait theru the earth would u come out the other side feet 1st?

Could you stop quoting Brainiac? There's a riddle.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: