HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

*THE* Yeti Flood Thread *READ THIS, NEW INFO ADDED!*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 1 Tricks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clark Beyer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: *THE* Yeti Flood Thread *READ THIS, NEW INFO ADDED!* Reply with quote
I have done research on the yeti flood a couple years ago. I shoulda brought my info to this site earlier...because now all these yeti flood threads are springing up. If you have any new research, just post it in here. I'll begin the thread with what I have gathered both from my research and from others:

Please note that by "my research", I don't mean that I found it first, I only mean that I found it without using any hints/indicators from this site. Thank you.

My research from long ago
How many Yeti Flood there are -------------
At the time of me and my bro looking for secrets in this level, we found four of these so-called yeti flood. One of them is across the log bridge near the shade turret. Another is in the swamp next to the bridge. The other two are on the cliffs above the bridge. You can see these two fairly easily; just look up form the bridge, they are standing there looking right at you.

How they appear-----------
It seems that you need a player to walk across the bridge in order for these rascals to appear in their positions. But the Flood are scripted to disappear after a short time. The one near the shade turret runs down the hill near the structure and disappears after leaving behind the hill. The swamp flood runs into a bush and vanishes. To actually see him, you're gonna have to sprint from the log bridge and into the swamp. The two flood on top of the level run behind a couple trees and disappear.

How to detect them-------------
These flood appear as green dots on your radar.

What are they, can you kill them?------------
They are elite Flood. They cannot be killed.

A theory that I had at the time------------
I thought maybe Bungie included these to scare the player.

This is the info I gathered from that time. Now, thanks to a couple threads, we have uncovered another yeti flood that I cannot believe I missed.

Other people's research
The fifth yeti flood------------
This should actually be called the first yeti flood. It is found right at the beginning of the bridge on top of the forked roots.

A theory I have developed from this person's new research-------------
If you noticed...a plasma pistol sits on one of the roots of the log bridge right next to the flood's spawn point. Maybe that means something?

EDIT: Uberfoop states that it is possible to keep on making the yeti flood fall by getting head shots with the pistol.

If this thread ever happens to get big, and people find new things, I'll update this post and continually add the new info to the "other people's research" section and I'll give credit where necessary...by which I mean...every time info comes in.

Let the research begin!

UPDATE**: I have found something important out. YOU are not the only one that actually sees the yeti flood, Covenant see them too! You know the yeti flood that sits atop the forked roots? There was this one crazy instance when a jackal tried to kill it! What triggered it, I dunno. I have yet to actually recreate this oddity. I need someone to try and get the jackal to shoot at the flood, if you find out how please post it and I will update this post again, and give you full credit.

Last edited by Clark Beyer on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
uberfoop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
acualy, you can kill the yeti flood. while their bodies are invincible, their heads are vulnerable to getting pwned.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd love to see a vid of this.

I'm too lazy to go and play Halo 1 so I need a Vid. Razz

EDIT: nvm, I found a vid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Clark Beyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just found something else out.
If you notice, upon reaching the log bridge for the first time you see one flood on top of the forked roots. If you climb on those forked roots after it runs away, however, another yeti flood appears on the cliffside right next to you.

Then, upon actually WALKING ACROSS the bridge, four more spawn: two on the cliff, one in the swamp, another near the shade. So there are in fact six yeti flood, but are organized into two groups based on what triggers them. It seems to trigger the first two yeti flood all you have to do is approach the log bridge near where those jackals are. However, to approach the next four you have to walk halfway across the bridge.

I also found out that the spawns of the yeti flood are in no way affected by the shade explosion near the entrance of the structure.
illidan the hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Covenent killing yeti flood, sounds like fun.

illidan
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still haven't found a proper picture of them.

Could someone with a decent CC please make a vid?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
slYnki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
343 Guilty Spark 6:17 by me!

To do a little advertising Very Happy. Right at the beginning of my craptacular run, I do an easy grenade hop to the top of the level. This could easily be used to look for more clues and odd stuff. I can go all over that swamp and skip plenty of load zones to find out what you guys want.

I have some footage on my videotape of me killing one yeti flood, running up to it, blunt striking it, and sticking it. After they disappear, I can get on top of the map with a shade launch and explore further. Anything at all.

When I get my CC I'll make a video of everything I find. I still don't know why we're bothering though, I thought FrogBlast found out EVERYTHING about this =\
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
slynki you lazy being, go do some field work for me will ya? Very Happy

*tosses slynk some rubber gloves*
slYnki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did some SEXY SC launches instead. I can't wait until I can put all my footage together, it'll be insane Huhwha?;

Haven't taped the yeti flood, but I will eventually, because Guilty Spark is my domain. Ever notice the more you play a level, the weirder it gets? Or the more you glitch, the weirder the game gets? I'm sure Ms.Man could tell us all about that. He just has to walk through a level and something weird happens.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pff, he just makes it look easy.

Actually I'm scared of Campaign because I haven't played either Halo Campaigns for about 4 months. Smile
MikeFez

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll mod 343 right now, I might find some more info.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MikeFez wrote:
MikeFez wrote:
In about 2 days i'll be able to mod my xbox, i'll tell you (i'll get the sound file... and about the truth&recon. one, i'll look for that now)

Decide please.
Caboose the Cameraman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
way to go man, your one step closer to bringing this mystery to a end. like i've said before, my friend me123 is trying to make the yeti-flood killable

project: yeti-johnson

i asked him if it was possible to switch the two things around, try to make the Y-flood killable and johnson not
Caboose the Cameraman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=mysteries_of_343_GS.wmv

this wa one of the many yeti flood movies, this was the only yeti flood i caught on film.

the best damn shakey cam in the world. i built a stand
Caboose the Cameraman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EternalSlayer wrote:
MikeFez wrote:
MikeFez wrote:
In about 2 days i'll be able to mod my xbox, i'll tell you (i'll get the sound file... and about the truth&recon. one, i'll look for that now)

Decide please.
waht T&R thing? is it another yeti-flood sighting?
Me123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's a vid of the first Yeti Flood. I did it with mods. http://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-bin/viewfile.cgi?f=Yeti_Flood_Modded.wmv
Mythical_Ring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to trap the Yeti Flood that appears on the frok tree part of the bridge, but it disappears befor I can actually do anything.

I did however put the shade in front of it and it kept running into it then it disappeared. (MP)

Kyle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 1 Tricks Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: