HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

High Speed Halo? What's that? *RULES*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goatrope
Speed Dude
Speed Dude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: High Speed Halo? What's that? *RULES* Reply with quote
High Speed Halo is a little site of mine (me = goatrope) hosted by HIH that features Halo speed runs. We accept Halo 1, Halo 2, Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary, Single Player and Co-operative runs. Check out the main site here.

This forum is intended for discussion about speed runs in general. Give each other tips, ask for help with a certain part of a level, post your own speed run, whatever, as long as it deals with speed runs and Halo. All general Halo stuff should go in the (gasp!) General Halo Discussion forum.

As of right now the moderators here are all the regular HIH admins/mods, plus Cody Miller and Funkmon. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for potential moderators, though.

Any other questions can be asked in this forum, PMed to me, or emailed to me at goatrope@gmail.com.

http://highspeedhalo.org
Funkmon
Pink Dude
Pink Dude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rules:

It seems that not many people bother to go to the website for rules, so I've taken the liberty of adding them to the general info thread.

If you want us to post your run:

1. Each run must be one continuous clip. Deaths are permitted, but you may not splice together seperate clips to create a faster run.

2. Each recording must start before you gain control of the character (this is ACCEPTED, but we would prefer if you could start at the menu screen and show yourself choose the level and difficulty) and continue until at least a few seconds into the cutscene at the end of the level.

3. Each video must be at at least 320x240 resolution, and 20 frames per second, and must contain the in-game sound. Please do not dub music or text over the original video.

4. All in-game tricks (grenade jumping, pushing through walls, sword flying, etc) are permitted. Skulls are permitted ONLY if the skull is on the level you are running, you collect it during the run, and only use the effects after you pick it. You may not, for example, get the Envy skull, then load up a different and run that level using the Envy effects.

5. Starting a run with weapons carried over from a previous level is not permitted.

6. Modding or external cheating of any kind is not permitted. Editing map files, including (but not limited to) making your shield stronger, weapons stronger, enemies weaker, etc, is not permitted.

7. Final judgement on a run's legitimacy is ultimately up to the site admins here. There may be things that we've forgotten to list here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Compression settings:

No more than 60 Kbytes/sec. Your video should preferably 320 x 240 in size. Windows media, divx, and Quicktime are accepted. If possible, please de-interlace your video. Keep the framerate at 29.97 for NTSC, 25 for PAL.

How to de-interlace in quicktime:

Three options, from worst to best:

•Apply a de-interlace filter in a video editor

•If your movie has been captured as a DV file, open it up in quicktime. Select "Get Movie Properties" from the "movie" menu. Select "Video track" from the pulldown, then select "quality". Check "deinterlace fields". Now export your movie.

•Apps like Compressor, Media Cleaner, or Media Pipe (free) allow you to deinterlace.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: