HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

megg...skull...menu?!?!?!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Skull Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix927

Location: Turning the atrium in Outskirts into my own mansion, complete with a body disposal room.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: megg...skull...menu?!?!?! Reply with quote
Since the menu theory has been reopened, i might as well throw out my megg skull theory. in the hex on cairo station, it says in one line, something along the lines of Megg_Skull. if anyone can post what it says around that, then maybe we can grab the skull. Ok anyway, my theory is that, If we trigger the megg skull, we open the menu. It makes sense, since the megg in the original was the most highly sought after easter egg. And this final skull is becopming another Megg hunt. It only makes sense that the developers would make them one in the same.

Any who thats just my two cents.

Sincerely,
Phoenix
gothi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The menu was removed, only part of it remains when you view files with a hex editor.

The MEGG, if there is one, is not a skull, see my facts topic for more info Smile

If the MEGG exists it will probably be similar in result to that of the first MEGG.
redvsbluefan0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
gothi's my hero.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Phoenix927

Location: Turning the atrium in Outskirts into my own mansion, complete with a body disposal room.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey gothi, ur probably right. But any way can u snip out the part about the MEGG from the hex and what's around it. i'm done with hunting for an activation for unnamed. i will find the megg though. oh and just curious, what happens if u have infinate camo and u pick up envy while u currently have infinite camo?
gothi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Meh, triple post, see third post for actual content.

Last edited by gothi on Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
gothi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Double post :-/

Sorry about stretching the screen, I'll edit it sometime later, going out now Smile

Last edited by gothi on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
gothi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a sizeable chunk around the reference to Megg, my initial thoery was that it was just a scripting or function call that used a word the designer was fond of, it may well be related to Thunderstorm though. Then again, it could be another Megg ala Halo: CE Three distinct possibilties, each as viable as the last Smile

Quote:

difficulty_legendary.sleep_forever.game_is_cooperative.ice_cream_flavor_available.object_get_shield.oops.mark_flavor_gun.mark_flavor_megg.yorick.unit_has_weapon.objects\weapons\multiplayer\ball\head_sp.weapon.ice_cream_flavor_stock.blam.data_mine_set_mission_segment.01b_cutscene.game_save.01b_1st_start.timer_flavor.max

and here's the other bit:

Quote:

soon as that door opens....sound\dialog\levels\01_spacestation\mission\l01_0180_jon.let 'em have it..sound\dialog\levels\01_spacestation\mission\l01_0190_jon.objectives_show_up_to.megg_check.tv_1st_exit.1st_cov_hall.1st_hum_stairs.tv_atr2_security_r.ai_disposable.tv_atr2_lstair.structure_bsp_index.atr2.save_atr2_start.atr2_hum.hum bunker behind window.atr2_cov_floor.covenant harass below.tv_atr2_floor_front.ai_strength.atr2_cov.cov assault left stair.hum repel assault

another bit:

Quote:

c01_outro_scene_10..................o,..c01_outro............................,..megg_check...........................-..ice_cream_check......................--.save_cutscene........................-7.save_1st_start.

last bit, this sjhows that mark_flavor is a scripting/function name used to set/activate certain game sections by the looks of it.
The game is scripted, get to an area before you are meant to by circumventing regular game paths and you bypass these triggers which results in there usually being nothing where there should be enemies etc.

Quote:

mark_flavor_bay2.....................,c.mark_flavor_bay1.....................,h.mark_flavor_atr2.....................,m.mark_flavor_1st......................,r.mark_flavor_board....................-w.mark_flavor_bomb.....................-|.mark_flavor_init.....................-..mark_flavor_megg.....................-..mark_flavor_safe_cycle...............-..counter_flavor_brace.................-..counter_flavor_gun..................!-..counter_flavor_dck..................&-..counter_flavor_atr2

Don't make the mistake of assuming everything in these chunks are related, in fact it's perfectly possable to have something next to something else in the hex editor but they be totally unrelated, this is why I spend a fair bit of time with Map editing tools as these parse the map files and link everything that should be together, together Smile
Phoenix927

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
gothi, thanks. now i just need to figure out what everything means
HalohailerNo1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So in the beggining of cairo station when u first encounter the covies gthe sarge says behind his MG "As doon as that door opens, let 'em have it."
Then it says stuff and something about a bunker behind a window?

What could it mean?
*all at once perplexed interested happy and freakin excited*
ZipZap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
gothi wrote:
This is a sizeable chunk around the reference to Megg, my initial thoery was that it was just a scripting or function call that used a word the designer was fond of, it may well be related to Thunderstorm though. Then again, it could be another Megg ala Halo: CE Three distinct possibilties, each as viable as the last Smile

Quote:

difficulty_legendary.sleep_forever.game_is_cooperative.ice_cream_flavor_available.object_get_shield.oops.mark_flavor_gun.mark_flavor_megg.yorick.unit_has_weapon.objects\weapons\multiplayer\ball\head_sp.weapon.ice_cream_flavor_stock.blam.data_mine_set_mission_segment.01b_cutscene.game_save.01b_1st_start.timer_flavor.max

and here's the other bit:

Quote:

soon as that door opens....sound\dialog\levels\01_spacestation\mission\l01_0180_jon.let 'em have it..sound\dialog\levels\01_spacestation\mission\l01_0190_jon.objectives_show_up_to.megg_check.tv_1st_exit.1st_cov_hall.1st_hum_stairs.tv_atr2_security_r.ai_disposable.tv_atr2_lstair.structure_bsp_index.atr2.save_atr2_start.atr2_hum.hum bunker behind window.atr2_cov_floor.covenant harass below.tv_atr2_floor_front.ai_strength.atr2_cov.cov assault left stair.hum repel assault

another bit:

Quote:

c01_outro_scene_10..................o,..c01_outro............................,..megg_check...........................-..ice_cream_check......................--.save_cutscene........................-7.save_1st_start.

last bit, this sjhows that mark_flavor is a scripting/function name used to set/activate certain game sections by the looks of it.
The game is scripted, get to an area before you are meant to by circumventing regular game paths and you bypass these triggers which results in there usually being nothing where there should be enemies etc.

Quote:

mark_flavor_bay2.....................,c.mark_flavor_bay1.....................,h.mark_flavor_atr2.....................,m.mark_flavor_1st......................,r.mark_flavor_board....................-w.mark_flavor_bomb.....................-|.mark_flavor_init.....................-..mark_flavor_megg.....................-..mark_flavor_safe_cycle...............-..counter_flavor_brace.................-..counter_flavor_gun..................!-..counter_flavor_dck..................&-..counter_flavor_atr2

Don't make the mistake of assuming everything in these chunks are related, in fact it's perfectly possable to have something next to something else in the hex editor but they be totally unrelated, this is why I spend a fair bit of time with Map editing tools as these parse the map files and link everything that should be together, together Smile

from that top part it must be something to do with ice-cream. maybe a civilian truck. maybe one has a skull or the megg in it! but for now i am just goign to hope i dont fall asleep at the keyboard and find some more thigns to put together aobut the skull menu
Seph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
^^

Actually, regarding the hex, I believe that anything in regards to "ice cream" is a reference to a skull. Because they're oh-so sweet. =P

But, all lame puns aside, ice_cream does refer to the skulls. I think. Hopefully. Unless everything I've been reading is wrong.
Icepunk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey Seph, should we tell them what we found?
Phoenix927

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
after careful analyzation, i have concluded that the first part is reffering to guns death
PyrotikSilence

Location: scrolling through the skull forum wondering if Hikaru will ever make a vid of the final skull

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Icepunk wrote:
hey Seph, should we tell them what we found?

YES YOU SHOULD!!!

seriously he doesnt control you tell us please!!!

PM: he doesnt control you does he? lol
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just throwing random things about i was thinking wouldn't it be funny if this menu has been staring you in the face all along every attempt we make to look for it its just there on each level when you start it Shocked

forgive me if this has been said before but maybe just maybe Idea

The weird Alien kinda writing on the load screen isnt Actually Alien. if you look carefully you can match a few of the bottom letters to the top ones to make a letters try snapping a few of the screen and put em together it could prove helpful Exclamation

But still its only an idea Crying or Very sad
Seph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't find a god-damned thing, unfortunately. =P I don't think Icepunk fared any better. But, we can still keep trying.

And no, I'm not telling you what we're looking for, either.
taintedhunter

Location: At the end of the world where technology stops working

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
k this post is about the second qoute of hex with the stairs and the 'Covanent Harass" that sounds alot like the armory where guns yells at the covanent and it fits with the mission/orders or whatever. Very Happy . but whatever im just starting to learn how to read hex.
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Seph Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't find a god-damned thing, unfortunately. =P I don't think Icepunk fared any better. But, we can still keep trying.

OOO I Like Guessing Games I Think Your Looking For An Overshield Cause Everyone Seems To Have Not Noticed It In The Hex
Icepunk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Space Cowboy wrote:
Quote:
Seph Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOO I Like Guessing Games I Think Your Looking For An Overshield Cause Everyone Seems To Have Not Noticed It In The Hex

nope. Seph, did you not get my pm? we need to talk, man. we can't handle this ourselves anymore.
Seph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can go ahead and tell anybody anything you want. Whether or not it's true is another thing, because remember: you didn't FIND anything, only a trail. And you know how things turn out.
axel117

Location: Poppin collars with Mister Chief! Oh Yea! GT: aXel117

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seph wrote:
You can go ahead and tell anybody anything you want. Whether or not it's true is another thing, because remember: you didn't FIND anything, only a trail. And you know how things turn out.

well, as much as i would like to see what youve found..... i DO hate those trail things.....
oh, hell, just tell us. even if it means a whole new devils spawn of those "search for golden warthog or something" schlapskie-heads.
Seph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quite frankly, I'd rather not have anything to do with it.
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
why seph scared youll get some prick flame you its worth a shot anything to stop this bl00dy cowbell war
AJAQ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Calm down a bit Space Cowboy.....

From what I have made of the 2 posts that I have seen of yours today, it has been "{yell}...stop war.... {Yell}" there isn't a reason to flame and yell, it is that reason there is a lock on the skulls forum for new topics. Yelling gets nothing done.

All we need is for it to be locked completely.

Now, do we have anything that has held up?(about the menu!)

AJAQ
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lemme just clear this up.

All references of Ice cream are skull references... apart from the false ones made by bungie to throw us off, because they anticipated us searching the hex.

Apart from that, there's enough doors in cairo that one of them very well may open randomly due to specific effects.
Try punching elites/grunts/marines through all locked doors. if it goes through, the door is openable. there's a few I couldn't get to, but I haven't noticed anything spectacular.

And one more thing to add, Gothi I disagree with you. They said they simplified the hidden menu. I can't imagine them purposely simplifying it, yet not getting rid of the hex from the menu file.
I believe the menu is out there, but there's something we're missing. (not referring to a skull/megg) there's something we're missing from the hex to prove the menu. Bungie put all the stops out to keep us from reading the hex for all the secrets in this game.
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
with sputnik, you can punch any dead body through anything
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
not true, go to cairo with sputnik, kill a marine right away, behind some boxes (with weapons on them) should be a door. Try punching the corpse through the door, it won't go. Occasionally it'll fall through the ground, but that's 1 outta say 10 hits.
Whereas with a openable door, you'll SEE it go through. On the other side, it'll still be there. trust me.
pmtpaul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone thought of the link with all of this to "covetti's ice cream", esp "pumpkin pie flavour"?
gothi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taso wrote:

And one more thing to add, Gothi I disagree with you. They said they simplified the hidden menu. I can't imagine them purposely simplifying it, yet not getting rid of the hex from the menu file.
I believe the menu is out there, but there's something we're missing. (not referring to a skull/megg) there's something we're missing from the hex to prove the menu. Bungie put all the stops out to keep us from reading the hex for all the secrets in this game.

You're not a programmer are you? Smile

Instead of removing several hundred lines of code you simply remove the line that calls the function, this is especially true if you're in a rush and don't have time to clean up every single line of code and when it doesn't affect perfomance Smile

Only part of the menu is viewable in the files and this is the extra text found near one of the skull lists Smile
They said they simplified the method of gaining skull effects, not the actual menu.

Bungie did very little to stop us reading the map files, in fact they spent more effort stopping us from changing map files and that was broken within what, less than a week? Smile
The map files are not encypted, they are organised in a structored format, why do you think there are so many map editors already out there? Smile
random99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So you think that there may be a full menu still in there, just the function to draw it is never called? Hmm... Xbox is a microsoft made thing, so mabye it is built on x86? Could be possible to disassemble the program and find the function, inject the needed asm and voila. Mabye.
blackmjolnir12

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have an idea relating to the access of the supposed hidden menu. In halo 1 if you named a profile .fortune it would then make a fortune like one found in a fortune cookie appear onscreen. Maybe the menu is discovered using the same method. Name a profile a certain name and voila. I dont have a mod chip so i cant search the hex(might buy one) but maybe the profile name is related to something in the hex found around any of the hidden menu fragments
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Skull Forum All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: