Joined: 14 Nov 2004
Location: San Jose, California, U.S.A.
|Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:26 am Post subject: IRC Helping Room
|If you feel the need to talk to someone live, then please read the following:
On KP's IRC server, I have setup a modding "chatroom" that will connect you to most of the Modding forum moderators and to the users who visit the Modding forums.
The advantages are that you can ask questions and get them answered by us or by other users, instead of asking a bunch of questions.
When you're connected, type in: /join #moddinghelp
1. Changing your nickname: To change your nickname look at the chatroom or status box and type "/nick" followed by whatever name you want your nickname to be. Ex: "/nick I_hack_so_ban_me ".
Side note: Just remember that IRC doesn't recognize spaces, so use under scores _ for spaces.
2. Registering your nickname: To register your nickname so that it belongs to you and only you...type /msg nickserv register "password" "email". For "password" type in a unique password and for "email" type in an email address that you use.
Side note: When you register, each time you change to another nickname and go back to your original nickname...or login to IRC, YOU MUST IDENTIFY. IF YOU DON'T, YOU WILL BE KICKED BY NICKSERV. To identify type: /msg nickserv Identify "password"
~ is the channel founder
& is/are the super operator(s) (kind of like an admin)
@ is/are the operator(s) (they're like a moderator)
% is/are the half-operator(s) (they like a moderator, but have limited powers)
1. Do not impersonate another person.
2. Do not spam/flame anyone
3. Do not use bots or annoying scripts.
4. Try to keep cursing to a minimum.
5. Do not abuse the server with repetitive copy/paste.
6. Do not use a vulgar nickname.
7. Do not talk about illegal things (you know what they are, I assume you'll use good judgement).
You will be warned 1-2 times, after that it'll be an instant ban for an indefinite amount of time.
Tons of IRC information for new users:
If you find the above confusing go here and read their instructions (they also have a video that new users may find useful):
If you'd like more information, I suggest going MrSprout's IRC Guide: http://www.highimpacthalo.org/content.php?topic=266
Even more information:
Any other help you may need is here:
Or if you have IRC questions (IRC ONLY), just PM me.
Last edited by Hack0r on Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:03 pm; edited 18 times in total