HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

APPLICATIONS CLOSED- STAY TUNED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Help Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MainAdmin
Ogre Tamer
Ogre Tamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: APPLICATIONS CLOSED- STAY TUNED Reply with quote
Position: Movie Newsman
Needed: 2
Max Apps: 50

Description: Must have strong writing skills and the ability to spend a few hours a week watching vids and doing a writeup. Two men will rotate weeks, and their duties will include staying current with movies posted in our movies section (and possibly elsewhere), and doing a writeup (movie roundup) on what they think are the best movie picks of the week. This will mean turning in a typed writeup by a certain time every two weeks.

This will be a continual site feature, and so some dedication on your part will be required.

APPLICATION:
Submit a very short (max two paragraphs) mock movie roundup in your reply to this thread. If you've never seen a movie roundup before you can view one here:

http://www.highimpacthalo.org/news.php?topic=838

Last edited by MainAdmin on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
dabears1020

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mock Review:
This is a short film created by JonSmith123. What he did in this was combine several small entertaining skits into one episode. Some of them ranged from intentionally cheesy romances between a Spartan and an Elite, others were intense battle sequences, and there were a few skits made of plain old senseless humor. Most of the skits were clever and original, a few of them were actually quite funny. There were a couple eye rolling moments though. The editing was okay, a few strange transitions, and the colors in the credits just didn't seem to work together. the quality was pretty good, a bit of fuzzyness for a few seconds near the middle, but other than that, I found no real issues with the picture and audio quality. I hope to see more from these guys, because they did a fairly good job. I'm sure their next vid will be just as entertaining. Overall I give it a 7.5/10.
DJLO

Location: Making walls bleed. Im cool cuz i have no signature

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yesterday Halo Machinima tycoon IKillBees released a romantic comedy he'd been working on for almost a year now. The movies plotline follows Mac, a young spartan as he battles his way to the top of the leader boards. On the way, he finds him self defending the base from Makii He'Noo a stunning Pink Elite with a fetish for human blood. They find a common ground as Mac is a New Age Vampire. They join up as double team partners and fight not just to win the game, but to defend their love. In the end, the two end up at a final match, each Level 49's, both needing one game to be the Ultimate Halo 2 Champion. Mac must now choose, the love of his life or his lifelong dream? The cinematography is extravagant! Views change from first to third person vies and actual MatchMaking gameplay is used. Special effects could use a bit of work, but were overall good. The story flowed well and made this a Must-See film.

9.7/10
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, I apologize. I think you edited your post to include the mock movie roundup after I posted, and unfortunately, I can't edit my posts, so I have to post again. So without further adeui:

High Impact Halo - Movie Roundup

Campaign Tricks
A lot of the same threads are still hanging around, and squelching out the new ones, but here is a fresh submission from deathremains. I personally enjoyed these videos.

Multiplayer Tricks
A few quality jumping videos have brought us into the new month. Jumping seems to be filling up a lot of space in the Multiplayer Tricks forum, and this week has something to show for it, with videos such as Jump Mayhem Episode 2 - Back To Ascention and an exceptionally well put together video from Clan Hops. Hops Episode 3 has a good variety of jumps and is an overall solid video.

Also, the launching to the top of the Relic tower continues. A few videos, such as this, and this show how close people are to getting this. Keep trying noble launchers!

Halo Movies
This a refreshingly creative addition to the Halo Movies sections, where McLrn227 builds a nightclub rather than a fort...Interesting.

Also, there is a montage posted by SUICIDEB0MBER, KAMAKAZI'S latest and GREATEST Montage, which shows off some pretty good gameplay.

That's about it for this week.

~Your local [color=yellow]Boner[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
{NL} Grande Ninja

Location: Virginia Beach XBL GT: I Mr Anderson I or MacsRYummy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll be reviewing BGT's 3rd Variety Vid. (http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=67357)

I'll start off with the Tricks/Glicthes. The tricks in this video were very well done. All new to me, and very original. The typical variety video launch, not so original, but the launches were great. I give the tricks a 9.5/10. Now to the music/sound. Wow. Just Wow. I'm perfectly fine with what he listens to, but according to the replies, isn't such what everyone else is into. Put in some popular music, and this video would be much better and you could enjoy some good sound. The music might have been slightly decent, but barely. No game sound effects. I give the sound a 4/10. Now the editing. The editing was decent, the normal MS Sans Serif WMM font. No video clips that needed to be cut out, just nice editing. I give it a 7/10 Now for the video quality. Now I know this all depends on the graphics card, but the video quality wasn't the best. I give it a 6/10. Overall, this video was wonderful. The tricks were well done, the sound decent, and the quality nice. I give this video an 8.5/10.
ll Kamikaze Sal ll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the redvs blue series is an amazing halo macchinima and has great acting skills provided by the crew and has a full season and coming out wit new episodes. it has a great aspect of the halo gaming expierence and makes watching halo even better then playing it. if i had to jude it from 1 through 10 i would give it a 10 because it is a fantactic series and if u havent heard of it u should watch it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Omnistegan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here we go for another week's movie round em' up. First off we a whooping 32 minute long metal gear solid machinima. Link is here, this ones worth a look. The bluebeam tower has also been revisited this last week by WLT who managed to get two wartogs and himself up on top of one of the towers, news post is here and forum link (with video of course) is here. A nice sticky launching video has come in from Tabuto and recently was rightfully mentioned in front page news, forum and video link is here.

Thats not all that happened this week in the world of halo movies, so be sure to stop by the forum to view and comment of hundreds of other videos that halo fans are creating. Over and out for now - Omnistegan (aka toyoungtodie)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yorrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In this weeks Movie Roundup we cover a stunning piece of work from one of our dedicated movie-makers, Steve the Plank. Steve's most recent concoction was a remake of a popular movie trailer known as Sin City. The video can be seen in this topic. As usual, Steve stuns us with his beautiful video and audio effects. He captures that retro look that Sin City gives to us. The audio from the movie is perfectly synched with the Halo film and makes it feel as if the trailer were actually designed for Halo. Not only that, but Steve did a superb job of using what he had to make the scenes happen. (Particularly the Jessica Alba pole-dance scene. Very Happy ) All in all this movie is really great and if you haven't, you should definitely give this movie a looksee. You can tell Steve put some time and effort into it. 10/10. Great job.
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This week we've seem some truly stunning action, but this week we'll stick with the simplistics. The "Red Versus Blue" series is a situation comedy which employs both excellent acting and cooperation. Something not found in a whole lot of films. While watching any episode of this amazing series, you can just picture the determination and willpower of every single member included within.
A rather large part of the success this movie has been endowed with is due to placement during filming. No out of place vehicles or people in the background. We never find anything still being set up when we watch. I, personally, was enthralled by the detail this series mustered in every episode. Each one made me laugh more than almost anything else I'd seen before. If you want a good movie... or a few good movies Wink, then sit down and be dazzled by "Red Versus Blue". The series inspired by laughter. -Taso (PS. Duke, great idea man.)
I am CrazyNinja

Location: The Cairo Station cutscene elevator trying to get to the hangar......damn locked doors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jack of All Trades comes to you from JoeCool and shows great editing and directing. It follows Jack, a well compiled Spartan who was thrust into action in the Covenant war after his planet was destroyed by the Covenant. This is a long video, about 12 minutes, but every minute is worth it. He has spliced in Campaign cutscenes with multiplayer game play and makes them run together really well. Over all, this one gets a 9/10. Check it out herewww.fake.com or see the forum post for it here www.ducain.org/hihhforum/viewtopic.php?t=123456.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
D-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah another un-heard of gamer has fallen victum to creating a montage, that victum is Kamikaze! This video show's suppurb editing and gameplay!! My jaw dropped while watching this stunning video, so shall yours! ~D-Unit~

(http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Kamakazis_Montage_Low_Res.wmv)
United Customs

Location: Look Way Up,Now Way Low, Now Way High, No I Am Just Playing I Am Right Behind You. *ASASANATION*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really loved the movie Pete & Toby the Bust Stop
It is a movie about a grunt named Toby and a elite named Pete and it is a comady that is based on turf and is very funny. And I also like Ask Hollywoodhalo. It is pretty much people that ask questions over and over and they got tired of it and made a comedy of it. And that is this weeks movie round up.

THANK YOU!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This Weeks Movie Round Up

Hello Folks Im here with yet another Movie Round up.
Now, Im not one to say "Wow that movie was amazing" very often but for the first time in a while this new movie called Metal Gear Solid by Jaime98 blew me away. The camera angles flowed very together nicely and would let me see every angle possible of what was happening. The editing was superb! I loved the way Jaime put in extra things to help make the scene look cooler and much nicer. The quality for this film was amazing. He synched together the audio from the game very nicely with what was going on in the scene. He used everything he could make-do with to make the scene that much better. I highly recommend watching this when you have a spare 30 minutes. Check it out Very Happy http://www.thatweasel.tv/video/Jamie98s-MGS.mov
Now in the Tricking community I found a very nice Warthog Launching Vid. I myself was amazed that the "hog" survived for that long. check it out http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?[url]f=Hog_gondola_preview_0003.wmv[/url].
Thats all for this week. But donít just check out these two films there are plenty of other terrific films out there.
~Scaposy Out

Please delete my first post I didnít really understand what we were supposed to do. Sorry Smile Once again sry for the 2nd post but the one before this got mest up Sad
Dusters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Movie roundup for the week of 10/3-10/9
Their were some amzing videos this week, but I have to say that rE Episode 3 has to take the cake. This video was truly amazing. It starts off with two prisoners breaking away from jail, and doing some crazy antics. They steal some goes, get take-out, and eventually end up back in jail. To watch this hilarious video, go to http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=63564
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mock Review: By ComicCoot

Welcome To This Weeks Movie Round Up. [week beginning 3rd Oct 05]

This week there have been some outstanding movies, montages and trick/glitch movies. In particular, Jamie98s' recreation of metal gear sold really stood out from the crowd.

Jamie98s says:

Solid Snake is deployed to a secret miltary base to disarm a nuclear warhead and destroy a top secret project known as Metal Gear

The movie jamie created is just over 32 minutes and 107mb.

It is an amazing movie re-creation of the game and deserves to be watched. It comprises amazing footage, great camera angles, fantastic editing which goes beyond anything I have seen before and inspirational creativity and imagination. I strongly recomend you watching this movie.

Thats all for this week folks, check back next week and see what the HIH community has for us then!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mock Movie Review

This week Bzerker Contributed a small vid named project 117, it is basically about what happened after the UNSC and covenant stopped fighting.
This video uses awesome camera angles, music and a pretty much, an all round-awesome idea!
I would rate this 9/10, a lot of effort has been put into it, just click his link: http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=66982 and post your comments!

bennoth
panic zone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Weekly Movie Roundup

By: panic zone

Hello ladies and gents, this week we have a wide variety of some jaw-dropping and spectacular movies from the HIH community. Let's start off with the "Halo Movies Forum", there are some spectacular movies there just waiting for your viewing, an example would be Jamie89's Metal Gear Solid movie that he recently released. It has some great editing tricks and astonishing footage, not to mention the delectable storyline and plot behind it. Another video worth viewing currently in that forum is KAMAKAZI's latest and greatest montage. This video gets the message across that this guy is a straight up good halo 2 player. The editing is astounding and flows melodically with the music.

And across this forum let's move onto the multiplayer trick section shall we? Some great videos have arrived. Panic Zone's "Art of Self Sticking 3" video inspires a new sport and a new challenge for the community, it has some cool effects so check it out. Flames69 has also just released his new episode of "Hops". This jumping video looks good and is pure eye candy. The content is worth looking over many times as I am sure they put alot of work doing those challenging jumps.

Well, that's all for this week my friends, stay tuned for next week!

-panic
Caffiene Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet... Id like to do some movie round ups. Thats wicked.
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys what's up? Maker here with my first every weekly movie round up! First off I would like to mention a spectacular Trailer that caught my glimpse not too long ago, Project 117. It had an amazing story line, and an outstanding filming job!
Project 117 Link: www.treeskunk.com/movies/Project117trailer-1.wmv

Next off I'd like to take a look at one of the montages that absolutly blew my mind this week! And that outstanding montage was done by Kamakazis. In this montage he showed an amazingly great use of editing. It had all sorts of different crazy kills, such as: Sticks, No-Scopes, Double Kills, Triple Kills, Killtacualars, and Kill Frenzys!

Kamakazis Montage Links:
low res - http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Kamakazis_Montage_Low_Res.wmv

low res - http://media.putfile.com/Kamakazis-Montage-Low-Res

med res - http://rapidshare.de/files/5765785/Kamakazi_35MEG.wmv.html

hi res - http://files.filefront.com/Kamakazis_Montage_Hi_Reswmv/;4206846;;/fileinfo.html

And one last video that I'd like to mention before I sign off is XYPHER's new preview to Dimension X Season III. Once again Mr. XYPHER has impressed us all with another outstanding video. It should an amazing use of video editing and voice editing. The filming job was amazing, along with the acting, overall, this video is just plain great!

Dimension X Season III Link:
http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=972&type=wmv&f=1

I hope you enjoyed the Weekly Movie Round Up, and all the videos it had to offer.

~Maker
Slapashrew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
so another week another batch of movies ready to pluck from!
im going to start with montages and work my way down the list!

Montage list {this weeks best montages}

Pounded75's montage} http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=montage_3.wmv
SeveringMrG's montage} http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Monatgeness.wmv

and so on and so forth.
i am a regular in the halo movies forums and me and my clan are dedicated to the subject so if this is what you are looking for then please allow me to become part of the team. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jman571

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Movie Roundup paragraph Reply with quote
Halo Movie Roundup

Spectacular, the boys (and girls?) over at Big-MC-Productions were at it again this month and have finally churned out a new halo 2 video by the name of Trick THIS! Have you wanted to learn a good technique on how to sword-jump? Side seat launch from a hog? Then this video will be a breath of fresh air for you, displaying all the new (and old) Halo 2 tricks, this is a must-have for any Halo 2 tricker. Hmm this sounds familiarÖ.A small group of dedicated Halo machinima filmmakers by the name of SHORT & sweet have created The U.S of AHHHHHH!; a story about a leader of a big country and his stupid, stupid mistakes; oh, and his stupid co-workers . Set in the realm of Terminal & Elongation this comedy machinima puts a new spin on an old idea. I love the President!
Check it out.
Subway87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will be reviewing imSuck's Pete & Toby Ep. 1

I thought this was another halarious movie from imSuck. I loved the Spec-Op Elite and the Grunt skins they have in this video, they added in some funny jokes to go with the mods. It's episode one, which is set at a Bus Stop on Turf. After about 3-4 hours of waiting (not the movie, they skip by much time) they become thirsty. So they enter the warehouse to get a drink from the Soda Machine and..... (Dont want to give away the funny ending) So I hope you watch this movie, I personally loved it. I give it an 10/10.

Quality: 10/10 (IN game feeling)
Editing: 10/10 (Editing was great like most of imSuck's movies. There weren't many "words" during the movie, which I like.)
A/V (Audio/Video Timing): 9.5/10 (Could have been a wee bit better)

You can view this outstanding video here or the topic that contains Ep. 1, 2, and bloopers for both here

Duke, I support you decision no matter who it is, because I know you will choose the best, I would love to be a Video Reviewer, but I have also signed up for to be an Interveiwer, so I hope to get one of them. Smile
ialsolovebees

Location: Somewhere else, until Halo 3 info starts to "reveal itself".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Movie: 28 Days after Saving Private Cyan's Biohazard 2: The Revenge
A Clan Unimind Production.
Running Time: 26:38
Category: Action/Drama

First off let me say, this is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen.
Filmed and Directed by Steven Shmeelberg, this movie is truly Hollywood Blockbuster quality. If I had to pick just one word to describe this movie, I would... Well... you can't really describe this movie in just word. If a picture is worth 1000 words, then this movie is worth atleast 1,000,000,000.

This movie has one awesome cast, Tom Bruise, Mel Gibsun, Kirsten Bundt, Jamie Wolf, and Mike Myers just to name a few. The direction, camera angles, and soundtrack, not to mention the stellar performance by the actors, all added to an overall atmosphere that will make you wish that the movie were twice as long.

The only thing I found "uncool" was the fact that there were a few editing issues, and that sometimes when a scene seemed to be "over" the camera would just sit there for a few seconds before moving onto the next scene.

Besides that, this movie was like my own little piece of heaven (That is, if heaven includes Car chases, explosions, and combat-mania).

I have to say, this is definitely the best work to come out of Clan Unimind's studio in a long, long time. And that is saying alot.

This sequel was definitely better than the first one. I'm sure the last one left you with lots of questions, and this movie answers them completely.

I give "28 Days After Saving Private Cyan's Biohazard 2: The Revenge" 9 Exclamation's, out of 10.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation O
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I was drunk at 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I were to make a movie roundup, it would be something like this:

"Yo! Yo! Look at my tap dancing shoes! I eat bolagna!"

lol, jk. I don't have anything yet, still waiting for the MPRRS to throw me something good. BTW, you had a really good idea in your interview slash_0_0_x_x, do you mind if I use it too?
Capt Linares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont even know Subway but i can tell him and i have a good choice in movies. He reviewd the first Pete and Toby. And i will be reviewing the 2nd adventure of this duo. It takes place rite where the first one leaves off. The haliarous duo if split up and they must try to find each other. The best friends encounter some new companions (such as Caboose, Gary, and Andy from Red vs. Blue.) i dont want to give to much of this away. I luaghed i cried. it was so great. i would love this mini series to turn into a trilodgy. Imsuck is a legendary directer.

the links are here on "halo 2 forum" http://www.halo2forum.com/h2fvideos/videos.php?video=306

Im CaPt LiNaReS. You stay classy...earth. Razz
SlashRF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="lol, jk. I don't have anything yet, still waiting for the MPRRS to throw me something good. BTW, you had a really good idea in your interview slash_0_0_x_x, do you mind if I use it too?[/quote]

Yah, Sure go ahead and use it if you like Very Happy
goalieboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today, I'll be reviewing...
D Guardians "War of the Armies"
Clan Hollywood Halo's "Pete and Toby Episode 2" And last....
McLrn227's "The Banshee" (A night club)

Ok first off, War of the Armies had some great editing but the movie itself wasnt that great. Although it has a hilarious ending it has no story line, its just people trying to kill each other mainly. But its worth it for the end! Razz
http://www.picapic.net/media/YT2B2Z3

Next we have Pete and Toby Episode 2. Clan Hollywood Halo always has good editing in there movies and this is no exception, its a extreamly funny video with a nice story to it like always. This is a must see!
http://www.halo2forum.com/h2fvideos/videos.php?video=306

And last we have "The Banshee", a night club that I find really uses the Headlong building to its fullest extent. Its a great lay out with the stuff having proper room for what it would have in real life, things that belong in corners in corners, and so on. Also as always when people build forts or forst-like things at the end they always blow them up.... ALWAYS, so at the end they have a bar fight as an excuse to destory, extreamly creative stuff.
http://home.comcast.net/~mclrn227/38217.wmv

Thats all for the round up guys, stay tuned for next week!

Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Help Wanted All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: