HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

APPLICATIONS CLOSED: STAY TUNED

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Help Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MainAdmin
Ogre Tamer
Ogre Tamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: APPLICATIONS CLOSED: STAY TUNED Reply with quote
Position: Interviewer
Needed: 2
Max Apps: 50

Description: Need three people to a bi-weekly interview (one will be released on Monday, and one on Thursday). You will need to have very good writing skills. This is a must. Anyone that does not demonstrate strong writing skills will be removed.

Your duties will be to one person a week, and have your interview turned in at a certain time each week. WHO you interview will be discussed later.

APPLICATION:

For your application, you must interview yourself, and then respond to this thread with the following questions answered:

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
2. What interested you in Halo, and specifically, in Halo tricking?
3. Why would you make a good interviewer.

Last edited by MainAdmin on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im scaposy
I am 14 almost 15 and i live in California.
I love to make movies in halo, GLITCH best thing about halo, such as finding glitches nobody has done before and finding better/easier ways to do them.I like halo because of the story line. I loved the fact of this whole alien vs. human thing and that Bungie put little eggs to find that would make you do the level over and over again. And the feeling of wow I finaly found it, all that work payed off.
I think I would be a good interviewer because I like to talk to people about what they do and I have done many interviews for school related stuff and im pretty used to the whole concept
Warrior_3000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,i am Warrior.i heart HIH.i am always active.i love writing eassys and storys.i am always on HIH every day.
i have my own tricking clan.i also make funny halo movies.

i think i would be a good interviewer cause i care about HIH.i would always want to help HIH in any way.
Warrior_3000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Warrior_3000 wrote:

Hi,i am Warrior

i am 14 years old.i live in NY."I Am Stuck In The Past.i heart HIH.i am always active.i love writing eassys and storys.i am always on HIH every day.

i think i would be a good interviewer cause i care about HIH.i would always want to help HIH in any way.
Warrior_3000

oops.posted 2 times.
Bob132465798

Location: Modders don't know I'm a jumper, and vice-versa for jumpers.

By strong words, he means that we must correct spelling and grammar, and we must also excessively use alternative words that seem more professial and intimadating. It also means we must use capital letters and have a large library for our vocabulary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Warrior_3000

Warrior_3000 wrote:

Hi,i am Warrior

i am 14 years old.i live in NY."I Am Stuck In The Past".i heart HIH.i am always active.i love writing eassys and storys.i am always on HIH every day.

iPkaboo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Position: Interviewer Needed: 3 Reply with quote
My name is Tyler. I am a 13 year old HIH'er' living in Atlanta Georgia. Informally named Pkabooicu, I am a die hard halo fan.

Halo was one of those callings. I was shopping in a computer store and I came acrros this impressive display. 'HALO' it read in all caps. Immediatly, I did what any gamer would do, I played. The level was Halo. I became aware of pumas- err I mean uhh warthogs and marine, held down in a building. Apparently, some little kid was playing earlier. Annoyed by his stupidity. I tore the controller out of his hand and started teaching him how to play a game that I myself had never played. I was able to jump in different places and drive places I didn't think I should. One the way home, I requested an xbox. Being spoiled, I got one 3 months later for christmas. HBo led me here, and I've never looked back.

3. Why would you make a good interviewer?
I appear young and immature, but I am in the highest courses possible, Im taking four highschool courses and trying my hardest. However, I don't have any time to meet any people after my daily look through the forum. Hopefully, I will be able to meet new people and make friends.

Thanks for your time. Smile
Subway87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. My name is subway only because my dad owns a few Subways. I enjoy playing halo in my free time and my clan and I enjoy making movies. I have my own CC and i edit the movies also.
2. In halo, my friends started getting xboxes, and the best game was halo, we played campaign a lot. then we started "tricking" we ramped off tanks and did simple tricks, then my friend searched google and found hih, he saw awsome tricks and told us all about it, then i myslef bought an xbox, with halo 2, xbox live, and grew off hih from there.
3. I think i would be a good inerviewer because I enjoy talking to people, I like figuring out what they do, how they got interested, and some of their origen. I love writing reports for english, only because I always have something in mind, so this is kind-of like that. thanks for you time duke!
{NL} Grande Ninja

Location: Virginia Beach XBL GT: I Mr Anderson I or MacsRYummy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. I'm a great fan of HIH, and I would love to interview.
2. I was interested in Halo tricking ever since I first played the game. My cousins and I would always be ramping off Scorpions and stuff like that. Not huge tricks, just fun, simple ones.
3. I'm in advanced English, and I get A's, so I'm a good writer. I would really like to interview people too.
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.Well, I'm not sure how personal you want to get, so I will leave out specifics, but I am a high schooler. I do a lot of creative writing, such as personal essays and poems (PM me if you want to read some). I am a stickler for grammar and punctuation, even when instant messaging people. Although I don't necessarily believe that grades = intelligence, I always get A-s or higher in my English (actually, all) my classes. I actually might be going into journalism. I am a writer (and next year will be editor) of my school's monthly newspaper, The Talon.

2. What interested you in Halo, and specifically, in Halo tricking? To be honest, I wasn't a Halo trickster to start. I started out playing Big Team Battle, and then I saw MrJukes and his site up on Bungie.net back before he finished all the map guides. I loved all the cool stuff he did. I learned every jump in those guides, and later sessions (slide jumping rocked my world!). I finally got around to getting a capture card on my return from Alaska, and started filming. Of course, I decided to register here to post my stuff, and now I am hooked on Halo tricking, for better or for worse.

3. Why would you make a good interviewer? As an interviewer, I ask intelligent questions, not the "What is your favorite dessert?", gossip questions. I also have a background as one at my highschool. I love talking to people and getting information about who they are and what they do, so I never get bored interviewing, which means I do a better job at it. If you work on what you love, you will never work a day in your life.

~Your local Boner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dabears1020

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My name is Ben Burditt, I live in Thousand Oaks, California, and I am 13 years old, and currently a freshman in high school. Obviously, I love Halo, but I also really like dirtbiking and I am now becoming interested in journalism and photography. I have recently really gotten interested in photography, mainly because of the recent fires in my city. I took some pictures of them and made it on MSNBC believe it or not.
I first really got interested in Halo when it was all my friends would talk about at school. I had barely heard of it come release day for Halo 2, but after a month of being harrassed by my friends about it, I got it. I first got into the tricking scene when I joined a party over xbox live, and there were people on top of the buildings in Headlong. That was awesome to me, and from that point I was hooked on getting higher and further than anyone else in Halo 2.
I would be a good interviewer because I definetly enjoy things related to journalism, and I consider my self to be a somewhat strong writer. Not to mention I find it interesting to hear what people have to say about themselves.
rollbackmon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My name is Jake O'Halloran, GT/HIH name: rollbackmon. I love Halo and Halo Tricking.

2. I am interested in halo because it is just one of those games that sucks you in a hole you can't get out of. I started playing Halo 1 at a friends house in 02 and fell in love with it. When I got Xbl and started playing Halo 2, i met someone who taught me some glitches, i loved it, i asked him how he found out and he told me about HIH.

3. I am a good writer and can type fast and would love to do anything i can to help HIH.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkTru7h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1:
- Hello, My HIH 'tag is DarkTru7h,
-I'm 15 years old,
-I'm involved in the highly succesful machinima clan, Spazzymgee.
-I've been associated with HIH for about 6 months,

2:
My fascination with Halo tricking began with Halo: CE, I had been trying to find new launch tactics and forms of tricking, The easier form of tricking, known as Halo 2, has been one of my most succesful Tricking experience, I also have experience with Mods.

3:
I believe I would be a perfect candinate for the job of interviewer for my social status with other people, my experience with university level literature and grammar and my interesting in both Halo tricking, and the people who make it possible.
Liquid_Spartan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
APPLICATION:

For your application, you must interview yourself, and then respond to this thread with the following questions answered:

I am 14 years old, and excell in fantasy-type literature/artsy things. I'm a peoples person--and I love to argue (not like sibling arguing, but like discussing) about the fun things [like Xbox360 vs PS3 Wink]
I had never even heard of Halo untill my Step-Dad bought me an Xbox with Halo. It was around the time that Xbox came out. What I liked the most about Halo was the campaign--it was one of the greastest (the best of it's time) campaign games of all time.
When Halo 2 came out my thoughts were exactly "Screw the multiplayer and Live" and went straight towards campaign. Now all I do is trick in campaign, and sometimes play live.
I am a peoples person! I love to talk (ask my teachers..) and I have even helped out my schools newspaper/yearbook committee.

343 Guilty Spark Liquid
The Glitching God

Location: In my secret layer, plotting to take over the world before bungie does. Muhahaha GT: General AI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, my name is Amir (no, im not from Iraq) and I live in Canada, I think I'm good for the job because I'm an amazing writer, I always get above 92% in writing, and I just love Halo because there's always a glitch out there that someone hasn't found yet, and I want to know how some people found one.
I'd make a good interviewer because I'm a good writer, I'm amazing in taking down important facts, and I just love doing it...
Luigio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of all, it is essential that you read the content of the links at the bottom of the resume.

Me: Hello, Luigio. Well, first off, who is Luigio?

Me: Well Luigio is a 13 year-old Grade 9 male living in Ontario Canada. He likes to Golf, play Halo, and write. One of the pieces I am most proud of is this one. I have also written 4 interviews which you will find scattered around the forum.

Me: So, Luigio, what interested you in Halo, and then Halo tricking?

Me: Well, the first time I heard of Halo (which was through my friend Kevin), it didn't sound so good. He complained of the difficulty and the horrid controls. I put it at the back of my mind for about a year.

Fast forward 1 year. READY? HYPAR-SPEED!

/fast

/stop

/begin

One day, at my neighbours house, we were playing rallysport 2, when I saw his copy of Halo. I wanted to see if it really was all it was hyped up to be (or, in Kevins case, how bad it was). I asked him to put it in, and he did. We started playing co-op on Silent Cartographer. Something inside my head just clicked. This was an awesome game.

Me: So how did you get into the tricking of Halo?

Me: Well, I remember browsing the Halo forums over at GameFAQs, and someone posted a link to High impact halo. I followed, and what I saw astounded. I watched countless videos of Warthog Jumping, speedruns, and the like. I was immediately immersed and obsessed with tricking. I watched a tutorial video on warthog jumping, then quickly ran over to my friends house to try it.

Later, about 2 months, I unwrapped my copy of Halo. I tried every trick I knew, each with astounding and varying results.

Me: Finally, what makes you think that you would be a fill the interviewer spot nicely?

Me: Well, I have very strong writing skills, and that's an understatement. One piece I am very proud of is this one, and I have many more under my belt. I receive high marks in my english classes, and I like to write RPG's.

REFERENCES: http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=39088&highlight=story <<<My best piece of work.

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=22&mforum=luigio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is where my RPG works have been written. Check out the Doom and the Splinter Cell ones especially.[/i][/url]
Turmolt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm Turmolt (formally known as Chaos1337) and I'm 13, almost 14. I ski alot, play soccer, and come to HIH on a daily basis.

Well auctually my brother bought Halo 1 which I was really never interested in. I played now and then but never found a real interest in it. He started to get all excited about halo 2 and bought it the day it came out. We played for a bit and I realised that Halo 2 was awesome. I started to hear about 'glitches' and asked around. I found no real source on glitches. So I did what most people do. Search it up on the internet. I found High Impact Halo and became really interested in tricking. I also just loved to think outside the box. Which Halo tricking did.

I love to find out more about people. I ask alot of questions. And I have a good imagination (so says my teachers) for questions. The people here at High Impact Halo, and other halo forums, interest me for some reason. They seem to be differant. Its probibly because there are people from all around the world coming togeather in one place and exchanging thoughts, ideas, and videos that one spent a long time on.

Well, even if I don't get picked, thanks for reading this.
shadowsniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Name: August Faygerstrom

Questions

Answers

1. Well, my name is August, as I stated above. I live in Kent, Ohio, and attend Theodore Roosevelt High School. My hobbies include writing, playing Halo 2, browsing HIH, running, and hanging out with my friends. I also love animal and I am a member in the School "Zoology Club". I have also received an A+ in English for all of my life.

2. Well, quite a while back, before I even owned an Xbox, I heard about a cool new game called "Halo" coming out. My friend bought it the day it came out, and told me it was the best game he ever played, and invited me over to play it. That day was one of the best days of my life. I immediately fell in love with the game. I proceeded to purchase on Xbox console, and Halo within that week. I played it non-stop and beat the game on all four levels, not really even thinking about Tricking. I then waited for the release of Halo 2, and stood outside of Game Stop at Midnight on November 9th, 2005 to buy the game. Then, while searching for "Halo 2 Tricks" on google, I found High Impact Halo. I automatically loved everything about it, and started Tricking right then. I still Trick to this day, and am a very loyal and proud Member of the famous tricking Clan, Clan Hat Trick.

3. I think I would be a good interviewer for a couple of reasons. One is my love for Halo and HIH. I would do anything to help you guys out here, and I really would do my best to be the best interviewer I can be. Second is how active I am. I'm on this site very often, so I could be able to do my interviews very often as well. Third is my brain. I am very smart, and creative, so I could ask compelling questions to keep the interview interesting. I can also type very fast, and intelligently. I rarely ever make a grammatical or spelling mistake, and if I do, it's usually fixed immediately. I have also done two interviews on this site, both of which have gotten very good reviews. In addition to this, I am very responsible and trustworthy. If you ever need me to do something, I will do it ASAP, and if you have a problem with something of mine, I will be all ears as to what you have to say, and will correct my mistakes to the best of my ability. I will also share with you two of my writing pieces, and both my interviews, so you can see my writing skills.

[HIH Interview #1]
[HIH Interview #2]
[Story #1]
[Story #2]

I truly hope you see the best in me, and accept me to be an HIH Interviewer. I also hope you know that I will do my best to fulfill your interviewing expectations.

Thank you for your time...

-shadow
{NL} Grande Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll be reviewing BGT's 3rd Variety Vid. (http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=67357)

I'll start off with the Tricks/Glicthes. The tricks in this video were very well done. All new to me, and very original. The typical variety video launch, not so original, but the launches were great. I give the tricks a 9.5/10. Now to the music/sound. Wow. Just Wow. I'm perfectly fine with what he listens to, but according to the replies, isn't such what everyone else is into. Put in some popular music, and this video would be much better and you could enjoy some good sound. The music might have been slightly decent, but barely. No game sound effects. I give the sound a 4/10. Now the editing. The editing was decent, the normal MS Sans Serif WMM font. No video clips that needed to be cut out, just nice editing. I give it a 7/10 Now for the video quality. Now I know this all depends on the graphics card, but the video quality wasn't the best. I give it a 6/10. Overall, this video was wonderful. The tricks were well done, the sound decent, and the quality nice. I give this video an 8.5/10.
(CC!) Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My application

Hello, most of you problably know me by now. I have been on HIH for several months and have made around 1300 posts. On a more personal note, my hobbies are: Chatting online, Hangin' with friends, playing on XBL, baseball, and football.
I am a big Halo fan. Here is how I became it: One day I was over my friends house and he asked if I wanted to play Halo. So of course I tried it out and never stoped liking it since. When I heard of Halo 2, I was overjoyed and I bought it the minute it came out. Eventually, I got Xbox Live and I loved playing on that too. Later on, I was searching the web and I since I was a big video game glitching and tricking fan I desided to look at Halo 2 glitches. This was when I discovered HIH, and look at me now!
I always wanted to help HIH out in many ways (I always wanted to be a site moderator.) I am really happy that I am a TRS reviewer also. So when I saw the help forum, I knew I had to apply to somthing else! Wink

PS. If I end up passing and you can only have 1 position, don't make me this and I will choose somthing else
{NL} Grande Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah sorry for that ^^ wrong thread Embarassed
343GS®

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. Well, my name is Jason. I'm 16 and I'm in my Sophmore year in high school. I live in a small, boring town in the middle of Iowa (Which has a population of about 600 people Sad) I love to skateboard and I'm completely lustful when it comes to Xbox.

2. Well, I really got into Halo after my friend Quin got his Xbox with Halo and he said it was a really cool game. I later borrowed it from him and immersed myself into this amazing game. Although I've been around on the forums since November of 2004, I'm not known as a "trickster". I do recreationally trick around with friends on occasion, I've never put out any videos due to lack of recording equipment.

3. I think i'd make a good interviewer because I enjoy talking to people and I believe that my grammer is pretty well developed. I'd love to be able to finally give somthing back to the HIH community.
{NL}FooFoo <3

Location: At the No Limits forums, where else? R.I.P. LTL Elite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q: EvilBunnyFooFoo, tell us a little about you.
A: My real name is Zach Torpy, I live in a small town in the midwest, but I'm no farmer boy. Im a city boy aaalllll the way. On the internet or the world wide web I like to go by EvilbunnyFooFoo, I'm not really sure why though. I enjoy making machinima, playing xbox, and hanging out with my friends. I have good computer knowledge, and my dad works at a TV station, so I think I got a little bit of journalist in me!
Q: What got you in to halo? What got you in to halo tricking?
A: I've always enjoyed doing things in video games im not supposed to, like glitching, getting out of maps or levels. Then I stumbled upon a little game called Halo: Combat Evolved. I widdled away my hours on that game, doing absolutely EVERYTHING I could think of. Launching, driving, flying, exploring, shooting, you name it and I did it. Then my passion evolved from there.
Q: EvilBunny, what would make you a good interviewer?
A: I think I know how to ask the questions that people want to hear answers to. I'm not afraid to get down and dirty with the interviewer to get the real scoop on him or her. If I was chosen, I would interview until my eyes bled out. So, if you want an interviewer who knows what hes doing, and knows how to get the scoop, choose me. Hope you decide!
~FooFoo
shadowsniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry about posting again, and it not being an application, but I believe you made a mistake.

Ducain wrote:
Needed: 2

Ducain wrote:
Description: Need three people...

Huhwha?

Also, I forgot to add in my Application that I am the son of two working Journalists, so my whole life has been surrounded by interviews and writing, and I am naturally inquisitive. I would edit my post with this information, but for some reason, we can't edit our posts.

-shadow
Omnistegan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there everybody. My name is Graham, but when it comes to the 'net I tend to go by either Omnistegan or Toyoungtodie. I'm 16 years old and have been gaming ever since I first laid my eyes on enigma (a fun little ball game way back in the day for mac). Since then I've picked up playing Marathon, then I played sports games for years, until I laid eyes upon halo. I remember it like it was yesterday. The level was 343 Guilty spark and by friends were playing co-op. It was for a brief second but I knew I had to play the game. When my first chance to play actually came, I played Blood Gulch classic CTF and ran the flag in twice. I was hooked. I bought an xbox and started playing halo like mad. I remember I was over at my bud's house for a LAN and he was showing me this amazing "Warthog Jump" video he had found on the 'net. I immediately went to try, with moderate success I launched my first couple hogs, once again I was hooked. I searched google for hours looking for more videos like these until I came upon a modest little video collection by an amazing tricker named Ducain. I viewed all those videos and savored every moment. I noticed a forum link. I had used forums before so i was quick to join up and start in the fun. I made an unmentionable video shortly after with my webcam, and I was hooked again. By this point I'm hooked to Halo, Halo Tricking, and Halo video creation. I was an active part of the community for a few months, well until a little while after Halo 2 came out. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it brought a mass amount of people to my beloved HIH. I strayed away for a while but couldn't leave HIH alone, I kept coming back and viewing but posted little. I'm happy to be back now and am finding this community to have gone to a good place. I really believe in where this web site came from and the direction its heading, so much talent here. I would be greatly honored to be able to take on a position as an HIH interviewer. I believe I posses the skills needed for this job as well as the time and motivation to do so. I just love getting the opportunity to try to help out more in this community.

As always - Omnistegan (aka Toyoungtodie)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My name is Dylan.. GamerTag: DylMats
I live in the hella hot state of Hawaii.. here it is 4 hours behind California and even more behind past that(more east). I am 14 years old but I am very good with my words and I take my time with my writing to make it as GREAT as my ability will allow me. Halo IS my life, my Xbox and computer is sitting in my room every day and homework is VERY low this year so I have plenty of time on my hands(good and bad). I started as a glitcher than into a jumper and currently addicted to match making. I am available on every weekday and sometimes weekends. Thats all I have to say for now, thanks for taking your time to read my reply!
gruntmaster9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1. HI! I'm gruntmaster, the one and only. I am fourteen years old. My real name is Bobby and I live in PA. I love Halo, and video games in general. I have been a Halo addict for about three years now. The first time I played Halo 1 I played for eight hours straight. Blood Gulch slayer rocks! I have been a member of HIH for about one year and think it is a great site.

2. Halo is a game which gives you almost complete freedom in where you can go and what you can do. Therefore, many things can be done in Halo that weren't supposed to be done. I think that is the best part about the game. I love to play Halo, but I enjoy tricking/glitching more. I am the kind of person who loves to work at things for a long time, letting it consume you, and then see the awesome result.

3. I don't have a capture card, so although I do glitching all the time on XBL and by myself, I can't help the community or show the world my progress. I think the Halo community is the best overall in electronic entertainment. The people, as Ducain said, do this for fun, not fame. You are not going to get to take a trip to Bungie if you get the warthog on top of the Relic tower. Some tricks take WEEKS to complete, and all you get is a couple of comments from people that you have never met. The Halo community, paticularly the HIH community, is dedicated. I myself am writing this at twelve o'clock my time, and I have to wake up in five hours. I have three tests tomorrow. But I don't want this position to be filled because I really want to be an interviewer. I applied to be a reviewer the first time around but didn't get picked, so when Ducain said this forum would open up I was so happy. I have great people skills, and am great at writing up. I don't do any fall sports, so I have lots of free time after school, starting at three o'clock, to do this job. I always enjoyed reading the interviews about people here. I like to see if they were inspired to glitch in Halo by the same people/ideas that I was. I just want to help out the communtiy in some way, and I think this would be the perfect job for me.
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me: Ah, Taso. I'm glad I could catch you during your busy schedule. Mind if I ask you a few questions?

Taso: Go for it.

Me: Excellent, now... would you mind telling us a bit about yourself? Your history? Background?

Taso: A standard interviewing question. Yes, I'm sixteen years of age, I've just recently aquired a car, and I'm doing phenominally in school. I play a lot of halo... a wee bit too much to be specific. I have a lot of other hobbies, but none are quite as... obsessive as halo. I make a bit of flash animation if you'd like to see.

Me: No thanks, we're on a bit of a schedule here, I wouldn't mind seeing it later if you have spare time.

Me: Well, back to the interview, what got you into messing around with halo? You know, going where no man (small exaggeration) has ever gone before.

Taso: Ah yes, tricking. Well, it all takes me back to a good friend in real life, Kalahiton. He introduced me to this site while I was doing a bit of Team Skirmish with him. I came here, took one look at the skull forum, and knew I would want to say forever. I studied up about skulls, then when I had skulls down I moved onto tricks, glitches... anything to keep me interested in the game while I was getting a new XBL subscription.

Me: Wow... you were really that interested in skulls? I found them somewhat perplexing myself, but I stuck more to campaign-based tricks.

Taso: Indeed

Me: Well, time to wrap this up. One last thing before we part. Why do you think you would be a good interviewer?

Taso: Why ask me? We're the same person, and you've been doing a pretty good job interviewing me... you... ow, now I'm all confused!

Me: Just answer the question.

Taso: Fine.... well, my grammar, spelling, and vocabulary are amazing. I was a journalist for a small, local newspaper at one time (I quit, not enough GOOD journalism). I'm in contact with everyone on AIM and I'm a very social person. Almost everyone I meet becomes friends with me, and above all else.............
I like pie... Isn't that always the best way to break the ice?

Me: Oooookay.... interesting. Well, thanks for your time. No, really. I mean it. I wasn't just interviewing you because I had to. You're my hero.

Taso: Right. Have a good night.

Me: You too...
Catalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Who? Me?....O...I'm Catalist. Dustin from Idaho...Oooo. Looksie potaotos!
2Halo...friend showed it, I bought it, It killed my life. Tricking? The credit, being known. Having FUN! mostly.
3.I'm funny. A good wrighter, I've been here A while. I'm always around....Pwease...*googoo eyes*
-Catalist

(Short and funny, perfect!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
X Slicer X

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Position: Interviewer Needed: 2 Reply with quote
3. Why would you make a good interviewer.[/quote]

1. Hi and welcome. First let me thank you for taking time for this interview. Tell us about yourself.

1a. Thanks, no problem I've got plenty of time on my hands. My name is Andrew, though my friends tend to call me Slicer. My gamertag and name for most forums is X Slicer X. I live in Michigan and am a senior at Dundee school. I am also one of the newer TRS reviewers for HIHTRS, which I am increadibly proud of.

2. Interesting, so you review tricks people send in? What got you interesting in Halo, and Halo Tricking in general?

2a. Yes, I do review tricks. I applied for it due to I was sick of getting bad-mouthed by people on forums for trying to give decent reviews for their movies. The person who truely got me into Halo was my friend who also is named Andrew. He goes by the name Foolish Noodle for XBL. He got me started on Halo:CE, before that I played UC. I got interested in Halo tricking around Februrary when I first joined this site. Most of the tricks and movies here are quite interesting and I have tried and done most of them. Yet there are some I have never been able to do.

3. Truely interesting. One more question before we end this. Why do you think you would make a good interviewer.

3a. Well lets see what makes me believe I would make a good interviewer? I like to ask questions, try to get a full story from the person. I ask as many questions as I can. I may not know a lot of people, but I am sure I can set up interviews with a few rather important and skilled people, but nothing is promised of course. If I do get this position I will honor it as I do my TRS position. Though I truely do not need to be an interview it would bide my time instead of playing old games and playing XBL consistantly.

4. Thank you for your time once again, that is all the questions I have for you, it has been a honor thank you.

4a. Your welcome come back anytime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wegrosaur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I was going to type up another interview but my time permits me. I will try and either go over this one to make it better because I did it somewhat fast or I will post another one. I will also be posting my information on this one very soon to answer the questions 1, 2 and 3. Sorry that I cant do this in the correct order but I don’t know how many spots are left and I have to leave soon.

Fake Interview

Today’s Bungi3 View.

Person Interviewing- ThanX Bungi3

Hey boys and girls, its time for the Bungi3 View. Today's interview, which we are very lucky to have with us is ThanX Bungi3.

Me: What can you tell us about yourself? What do you like, don’t like?

ThanX: Humm, what can I tell you about myself. I used to live in Minnesota but now I moved to Colorado. I life to tinker around on the computer and skateboard. I have been playing all the halo games for quite some time now ever sense halo one came out.

Me: Do you have XBL/XBC?

ThanX: Yes I have both.

Me: What one do you like better?

ThanX: I would have to say I like XBL because of the diversity that you see on it…and you get to yell at people, haha. But XBC does have its pros because it is free.

Me: Now before I go on, I have to ask you…why is it a 3 and not a E on Bungi3?

ThanX: Haha, good question. I made it an 3 because I had two other gamer tags on XBL before this one. My first one was very plain and had nothing to it. For the second one I went “1337” stile and then realized that it is very “noobish” to do so. So then I came up with ThanX Bungi3…to keep it a little 1337 from the old days.

Me: How did you find your place in HIH and how long have you been here?

ThanX: Actually my friend came over and he was showing me glitches in Campaign on HIH, after that I just got hooked. I had been looking at the posts for quite some time but I never signed up. Then one day it hit me that I should sign up and say my points on the site.

Me: Is there anyone you look up to on the site as inspirations or encouragement?

ThanX: Yes actually, I remember the first couple months I was watching the site I saw a video posted by InuYasha. This is when I first started to find out how to glitch and his video just blew my mind.

Me: That just about wraps it up, but I’m going to leave you with one last question. In one word can you tell me what you feel about HIH?

ThanX: Flantastic!
yoshiary

Location: Thornhill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, behind you with the noob stick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Joshua Ary and I am 15 years old. I am fluent in both English and Spanish. I enjoy reading, debating, discussing world issues, and writing journalistically. I'm always much more critical and analytical of situations around me than most people. I live in Toronto, although I lived in Costa Rica for 6 years of my life and moved back here 2 years ago. My mom's a graphic designer, so some or her skills for web design have brushed off on me. I'm not that great of a drawer though, but I can work wonders in Flash.

Well, my main attraction (honestly) to halo is not tricking, but understanding how the game works. I guess it all happened the first time I played halo. It was in 1999 and I simply dropped my jaw when I first played co-op on my friend's newly acquired xbox. The beautiful graphics, the seemingly flawless physic system, the amazingly well done co-op (it was the first time I'd ever seen co-op on an FPS) the way the game play is just fun... period. So, I had a desire to understand it, to KNOW how the game works. I unfortunately never fed this urge until halo 2 was released. That is when I found HIH. High Impact Halo is the site I am most attatched too, since messing with the physics engine, experimenting and recording results, is part of my whole aim to understand halo.

Simply put: I am dedicated to HIH. If any of the admins care to check the TRS you will see how many tricks I have reviewed, each one to the best of my ability. I strongly recommend you do so when considering my application, since I am quite sure I have the most reviews. Also, I am quite skilled in writing professionally. If the admins recall, a content page that I wrote (about cognitive dissonance and the final skull) made it to the front page. Not only that, but in my school, on a final project that we had to hand in I received 100 percentile. I was in grade 9 and it was an essay on The Picture of Dorian Gray. The teacher later told me I was writing at a grade 12 level.

To sum it all up, I would make a magnificent interviewer because:
1. I have a thirst for halo knowledge that I doubt will ever be quenched
2. I have a quite developed skill of writing.
3. My dedication to HIH has been quite consistant and immense towards the TRS.

[/u]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dusters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dusters = Interviewer
Dusters = Interviewee

dusters- Well Dusters, tell us a little bit about yourself

Dusters- I am a 15 year old male who lives in Janesville, Wisconsin. It is nothing fancy, but it is a pretty decent place to live in. I live with my parents, and enjoy: hunting deer, fishing, playing video games, and playing and watching sports. I go to Parker High School, and get some pretty good grades. I will be on the wrestling team, and I used to play football.

dusters- What interests you in halo and glitching.

Dusters- I wasn't all that into Halo CE. I did own the game, but rarely played it. I also didn't start playing Halo 2 until November of 2004. Ever since then I have been hooked. Whether it is glitching, playing mlg custom games, or the ever so fun matchmaking, I just plain love Halo 2. I got involved in glitching because I didn't always have a lot of people on my friends list. I remember getting on top of headlong, and exploring tht map for hours at a time. I always enjoy teaching newbies to halo on how to glitch.

dusters- Lastly, what would make you good interviewer?

Dusters- I personally think I have fantastic writing skills. I have always gotten A's in English, and have written many papers. I used to be involved in the school newspapers, so I have a lot of experience of interviewing people. I have a lot of time on my hands, and know how to make intruiging and interesting questions. I would like to thank you for interviewing me, and have a nice day Wink
panic zone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
APPLICATION:

1. Hello, my name is Alex, and I am a fourteen year-old male. I am currently living in paris because of a transfer with my dad's job. He works for a major telecommunications company called "Nortel". Anyway, let's get back to me. I am currently in the 9th grade at "The American School of Paris" and am in all IB courses, IB courses are courses for the intellectually gifted. My current average for this term varys from an A- to an A+. I am currently playing soccer and am in afterschool courses where I will help teach students english because this is an international school. I am also in a higher grade math.

2. I became interested in Halo one cold morning in the country of canada. I was visiting my older cousin's house, and lo and behold, he was playing Halo 1. I solemnly asked him if I could play, he said "sure!" with a smile on his face, "this game even has a single player co-op!". I would never forget that moment for the rest of my life. Later when my mom called me to go, I pleaded her and begged for her to let me stay overnight. Let's jus t say we played too much! Wink

The next week I went out and bought an xbox with Halo. My friend told me about HIH and I sweeped through it every once and a while for new tricks. Even though I did not join until febuary, I have been on this site since very close to the beginning. I became obsessed with exploits in this wonderful game.

3. I would make a good interviewer mainly because I am usually on this site, I have good resources, I help tutor english to students, and I love writing as a whole. Writing about glitches would be a joy in my life, it is my two favorite things combined. I wish luck to who ever fills the job as an interviewer, and hope HIH continues doing as excellent as it currently is.

thanks,
-panic
panic zone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
panic zone wrote:
APPLICATION:

1. Hello, my name is Alex, and I am a fourteen year-old male. I am currently living in paris because of a transfer with my dad's job. He works for a major telecommunications company called "Nortel". Anyway, let's get back to me. I am currently in the 9th grade at "The American School of Paris" and am in all IB courses, IB courses are courses for the intellectually gifted. My current average for this term varys from an A- to an A+. I am currently playing soccer and am in afterschool courses where I will help teach students english because this is an international school. I am also in a higher grade math.

2. I became interested in Halo one cold morning in the country of canada. I was visiting my older cousin's house, and lo and behold, he was playing Halo 1. I solemnly asked him if I could play, he said "sure!" with a smile on his face, "this game even has a single player co-op!". I would never forget that moment for the rest of my life. Later when my mom called me to go, I pleaded her and begged for her to let me stay overnight. Let's just say we played too much! Wink

The next week I went out and bought an xbox with Halo. My friend told me about HIH and I sweeped through it every once and a while for new tricks. Even though I did not join until febuary, I have been on this site since very close to the beginning. I became obsessed with exploits in this wonderful game.

3. I would make a good interviewer mainly because I am usually on this site, I have good resources, I help tutor english to students, and I love writing as a whole. Writing about glitches would be a joy in my life, it is my two favorite things combined. I wish luck to who ever fills the job as an interviewer, and hope HIH continues doing as excellent as it currently is.

thanks,
-panic
namtraCdesufnoC

Location: This is still C.c. I was screwing around with different letter types.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) Tell us a bit about yourself.

1A) Well, my XBL name is ConfusedCartman. My real name is Michael, and for hobbies I play baseball, practice carpentry, and I LOVE to build things with my hands. I am a nice person, and I don't judge people based on appearance, first impressions, ect.

2) What interested you in Halo, and specifically, in Halo tricking?

2A)Well, I was introduced to Halo 2 by my friend ShySpiderBoy. At first I was severely bored, but whenever I went to his house, that was all he wanted to do. I finally decided to give it a chance, and I grew to massively enjoy it. When it comes to Halo tricking, the first glitch I ever did was the Rocket/Sword Switch. That got me interested in tricking, and I have been tricking ever since.

3) Why would you make a good interviewer?

3A) I love writing, and I can type very fast. I am skilled at describing something in words, so I can tell word-for-word everything that the interviewee said. Here is a suberbounce theory written by me (think of this as a resume).
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, here is my application.

Name: Ben Hatt
Gamertag: ComicCoot

Tell us a bit about yourself
As stated above my name is Ben Hatt and I am 17 years of age. I attend The Henry Box School (yes, in England) and am currently in my last years. I am studying English, ICT and Business Studies. I am in the smarter side of my classmates as I am commited to anything i set my mind to. My family are not journalists as some claim, nor do I write excessivly. However I have a lot of common sense, hard working skills and determination. I am also a very competitive sports fan, therefore making me competitive in all walks of life. I am a good writer with good writing skills, as I constantly have to complete essays and such like for English coursework. (if you would like to see snippets of work i have done, pm me).

What interested you in Halo, and specifically, in Halo tricking?
Well, I have owned an xbox for about 2 years now, and I loved the game halo ever since I played it with my brother. Tricking never even came into my mind since halo 2 came out. I used to play halo 2 a lot for the killing aspect, mainly skirmish and big team battle. I just loved the game because it was a game that was brilliant to play with friends or equally on your own. Then one day, one of my good friends found a way with a grenade to get on top of the roof of zanzibar defence base. I was amazed and practiced this all the time I was on halo 2. Then, my friend found jukesbox.com. I went on this site all day everyday, in awe of MrJukes' skills. I practiced these jumps all day and night until I felt good enough to show my friends. We then got into jumping and did it al the time. I then got into HIH through The Underdogg and found there was more to halo than killing and jumping. Tricking, now I trick, jump and kill, and I just can't get enough of it! Why? Because it awakened me to a whole new side of halo 2 that I wasn't aware of previously.

Why would you make a good interviewer?
I would make a good interviewer because I am organised, (see Jump Tournament thread) commited, and very hard working. I visit HIH every day to check on my thread to update it, also to view new videos and generally browse the whole site. I think the modern day generalisation is to say that "if you have grades and qualifications under your belt, thats all you need". I would disagree with this, although I have both. I personally think that all you need to do well in life, is common sense, awareness and the ability to work hard. I have all of the above. I am a nice guy, interesting and I have great people skills (working with people in my job gives me these skills to talk to people). I am a very passive person, hate arguements and so I rarely lose my temper, so I would make a great interviewer having lots of patience.

Thank you for your time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SlashRF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me: So who is Me2?

Me2: Well, I am Ryan Francis, I am 14 years old and, Currently live in Newfoundland Canada.

Me: Thats cool, So how did you start playing Halo

Me2: Ok, Im not sure about this one but. I think my brother used to check a site called IGN, And i think he seen something about Halo 1 there So i guess he checked it out and was all like, omfg bungie are so pro. He then bought an X box and i became addicted Very Happy Also buying Halo 2 On the day it came out. Yeahh boiiii.

Me: Interesting, Ok So what was your most succesful movie?

Me2: I would have to say...... Jumptacular Ep5: TURF. I edited half and underdogg edited half Very Happy

Me: Nice, That was a great movie Very Happy. What was most awesome point in your Halo 2 carrer.

Me2: i would have to say either getting into Jump Tactics or doing some crazzzy Launches with Jester Smile

Me: cool cool, So who do you like to play with on xbl?

Me2: hmmmm , I play with reidon and Tabuto the most, I play with jester when he is on, and of course my clan Jump Tactics I play with other ppl just to lazy to name them :d.

Me: Ok, Thanks for the interview Me2, It has been nice talking to you, Do you have anything you would like to say before times up?

Me2: Yes, I would like to say ALWAYS HAVE FUN PLAYING HALO.....Yeah boiiii
Dogturbina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im 14, I live in California.
Im make Halo Tactics movies Halo Movies and i love to try out a new glitches. Most of the tricks that I do are coming out from HIH, I like to try things that people never did in halo tricking like trying to get in top of the relic tower by Hog Launhin that was really fun.
I really like halo story line, Master Chief, effects, multiplayer the only thing that i dint lke was the ending of the game and i really like finding the skulls in single player.
i want to become an interviewer because i love HIH the fact that HIH is helping the Halo community, and i always dreamed about being something important in HIH.
VMASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would like to begin this interview by saying my name. I am Vince Malfeo and I live in Chicago. I am 15 years old and very experienced at Html and I am learning lots of Php as well. Through the 15 years of my life I have gone through alot of struggles but what does not kill me will make me stronger.

My interests in Halo have started since the first Halo came out. Everyday my friends would come over and we would have some pretty massive lan parties. When Halo 2 came out I was at gamstop at midnight on a school night to get it. Thats my dedication to Halo.

I would be an excellent interviewer because I have alot of experience working with people and working on websites. I am an admin. of quite a few websites right now. Including GITB , HaloTv , HC , and HaloVideos. My websites have made front page of Bungie.net and I think thats a good accomplishment there in itself. Everyone around the Halo Community that knows me will refer to me as trustworthy, Hardworking, and Good at what I do. I also Have alot of free time on my hands. I also type extremly fast and accurate.

Not that this matters but I'm friends with Steve The Plank and Funkmon who can back me up. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, my name is Ethan, I've been going to HIH for some time now, and I pretty much know all the good trickers/filmers. Interviewing them will be very easy to do, I'm good at it.

I got into halo tricking just by watching all of the people here on HIH. It all looked pretty cool so I went out and tried it, and I had a blast! Right now though, I've gotten into Movie Making, so I could interview anyone in there, or in the trick discussion, because I have experience with both.

I would make a good interviewer because I know what questions to ask, and how to talk to people.

Thanks for your time.

~Maker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TERMIN8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, my name is Devin Hieb, and I live in Denver Colorado, I am 14, and male. I play Lacrosse, and skateboard, I collect butterfly knives and zippos, and I like to hang out with my friends. I am really interested in Photoshop and Dreamweaver and Flash right now on the computer, because you can do so much stuff with those programs.

I first got into Halo when a couple of my friends invited me over to their house to play Halo on their big screen, so we would play 4 player almost everyday for a couple of hours. Of course I already had an xbox, so I asked my parents if I could get Halo, and they said yes. Once I got it, I would play it non-stop, and I would go over to my friends house even more now that I knew how to play better.

I got into Halo tricking when, my friend told me about this glitch that he found on Foundation, which happened to be the secret room glitch. I asked him if he would do it for me, but he said it takes to long, but to go to HIH and look for it there. Once I got here, I was sucked into the multiplayer talk. I loved seeing the new tricks, and how they worked so I asked around and figured out that what I needed was a capture card. I imediatly got my hopes set for getting one. Once I got one, I told all my friends that I had a CC, and that I was going to start filming stuff, and that is how I got into Halo tricking. I have also found my fair share of glitches, along with filming several glitches.

I think I would make a good interviewer because I have lots of experiance talking to people, and I have a large vocabulary of words. I also think that I would make a good interviewer, because my grammar and spelling are really good. Another reason is, because I have done several interviews in life, and I know what questions to ask people, and when to ask them. One last reason is, because I like to interact with people, and I am very friendly because of that, so the interviews will not be akward or ongoing, because the atmosphere will be friendly

Thank you for your time today to read this.
Slapashrew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok my name is sean i live in england and my hobbies include, burning things, playing halo and halo 2 to the point where my nose starts bleeding, and making halo 2 movies with my clan.

well i got into halo and halo glitching the first day halo one was released and the first major glitch i found for myself was back on halo one when i realised that you could in fact grenade/rocket jump. it dosent really sound much but when halo came out and i discovered it me and my friends went on a whocangethigherusingsixgrenades spree. i didnt really get into filming and halo fansites until 2004 so thats why none of my early finds were documented.

i think i would make a good interviewer because i do a hell of a lot of quizzing people at school and i have been complimented on being very socially friendly by my friends {although they more or less said "hey dude you are good at speaking"} i love being myself when i talk to people and when im being myself im generally witty and fun so if this is what you were hoping to get from the nominees then here i am. Laughing

p.s i will sleep with whoever i have to lol jk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xX Pos3idon Xx

Location: No-scoping you in the face with my amazing no scope skillzz. to much rain ahh!! 23 consecutive days!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Position: Interviewer Needed: 2 Reply with quote
1. Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm a 13 year old from canada and I have XBL but i'm not on it much. i'm more on here.
2. What interested you in Halo, and specifically, in Halo tricking: well, Istarted Halo about 2 or 3 years ago when I got an xbox for my birthday. I went on to another site and found out secret spots like on 343 gs and the marine and really got hooked on it.
3. Why would you make a good interviewer: well, i'm on here for about 3 or 4 hours a day and am a pretty fast typer with very good writing and reading skills as well as a good vocabulary.
Nave343

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Question 1: Tell us a bit about yourself.
A: Well my User name, as you can see, is Nave686. Nave is simply my name spelled backwards(Evan). In my free time I like to draw, hang with friends, stay on top of the gaming industry, read, and of course play video games. I'm currently a senior in High school and my career goal is to become a professional video game graphic artist.

Question 2: What interested you in Halo, and specifically, in Halo tricking?
A: I was a gamer since birth, but more specifically I was a Mac gamer. And, as I hope all Halo addicts know, Bungie began as a Mac gaming company with such games as the FPS, Marathon, and the RTS, ONI. I of course played them both obsessively in their heydays and loved Bungie so much I attended Mac World 99 to see what their next game, Halo, would be like. I watched the first action packed trailer of halo in a packed auditorium of absolutely amazed fans. I was instantly hooked. So when Microsoft bought Bungie soon after Mac World 99 I had to buy a Xbox. I played to the point where legendary was slow and boring, so I began to look for the next step. I became a member of the Halo tricking community through word of a friend. The halo trick first video I ever saw was Ducain jump miles above Silent Cartographer. After first seeing it I shut off my computer and turned to my Xbox to give it a try. After hours of work I finally figured out how to stack the grenades up without setting them off and jumped. While I couldn't see the entire island the entire experience was immensely fun. I was instantly hooked and, as they say, the rest was history.

Question 3: Why would you make a good interviewer?
A: While I may not be the king of grammar or the sultan of spell, I've always been told that I have a way with words. I have also seen (and overplayed) what I'll be interviewing people about: Halo, one of the greatest games that humanity has had the blessing of seeing. I truly love this game and would love to be part of the winning team the HIH has grown.

-Nave (pick me!!!) Very Happy
jman571

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Interview Reply with quote
sorry this is long, I had a few ideas floating around in my head.

Interview

1.) Hello, my name is jman571 (as you can see) and I live in the sleepy mini-city city of Thornhill, Ontario, Canada. I’ve been playing Halo PC and a little Xbox for quite a few years now and am interested in pursuing a career in either nanotechnology or computer programming. In my spare time (other than attempting new and crazy tricks) I play Starcraft with my friends, play weekly poker games, and think of crazy new ways to save up for an Xbox 360.

2.) It all started a cold, windy day in late December when I strolled into a quiet EB games at my neighborhood mall to browse for a new game. The store was darkened and it seemed that nobody in the entire world was watching me, or so I thought… I took off my glasses to see better, (which was foolish as I can actually see better with my glasses on) and became startled as a loud crash permeated through the store. Surprised, I looked down to find several game boxes had fallen to the floor, as I crouched down to pick one up, my fingers grasping the cold plastic, I felt an even colder hand seize my shoulder, a raspy voice bellowed behind me “Now look what you’ve done!!”

“You went and picked up my favorite game!” “Huh?” I managed to squeak out. “Halo, of course, this game has everything you could ever love: aliens, blood, guns, rockets, vehicles, tanks, a scary enemy, and a quirky floating-talking-ball-o-nonsense!” responded the sales rep. “I looked down at the game in my hand and noticed the title and a large ring in the background cover,” “I see and it’s for the Xbox, right?” I asked. “Of course, only the best console ever made!” replied the rep. “Well then, I guess I’ll take it.” I fetched into my pocket, pulled out the requisite cash, thanked him for his help, and started on my journey back home…Little did I know, that fateful day would change my gaming experience (and life) for the years to come. The great journey had just begun.

In the following years I would not only learn that Halo was as amazing as that guy at EB said it was; but that Bungie was an amazing company, the Halo universe was full of imagination and detail, and possibly, that I could do the coolest thing of all…trick, glitch and otherwise make the game do what I wanted to do. There were no doors, walls, or blue beam tower too high to reach. And that fateful day has led me to here.

3.) I’m not going to tell you about any stupid fancy English grades or be like a smart-ass: “oh btw I received like 5 acceptance letters from like Ivy league universities in the mail yesterday, but the are like da suxxoz so I turned them down LOL!11!!!111” But I will tell you this: If you want people to come on this site, read one of these interviews, and really enjoy it, then you need them to be written any way possible: funny, informative, interesting, exciting, or all of the above. I can do that. Plus, I usually listen more than I talk Smile hope I can get onboard.
AggressiveGrunt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well hello, HIH, and welcome to another interview! Today we are interviewing someone who guys by the name of...aggressivegrunt!! Well, let's start by:

My name is Aaron. I'm 14 and I live in a small town near Memphis, TN. My favorite sport is Soccer and I am pretty athletic. Soon, I plan on joining cross-country. As for brains, I'm not dumb, but I'm not the smartest kid in the world. I'm an A, B, and rarely C student. For my social life, I am not considered a geek, nor am I considered popular, however more towards the popular side. I have plenty of friends, and get along with many people as I can. In other words, I respect you if you respect me, I don't respect you if you don't respect me.

Well, about 3 years ago, when I lived in a different town, a new kid moved into the neighborhood. Me and my old best friend there went over to his house and noticed that he had an XBOX (We had never played one because we were Nintendo fans). We decided to play with DOA 3 and got addicted to it. Months later we got bored with it and moved on to a different game. He pulled out a game called "Halo: Combat Evolved". We decided to play it and I loved it. I bought an XBOX about a year later (when I moved to where I currently am). What got me interested in tricking? One day when I was playing with my friend, he showed me this trick he found to get out of Sidewinder. I loved it so much, I had to find out more tricks! I looked all over the internet and came across www.bungie.org. I tried every trick they had listed, and I loved it! After Halo 2 came out, someone on XBL told me about this site, so that's how I came here and expanded my tricks to the next level I guess you could say.

Well I do have experience. In Elementaryt School, I made it onto this news team and became one of the interviewers. I also used to write books from 4th to 6th grade (and still do sometimes). I have great social skills and get along with people very well.

Well thanks for the interview, aggressivegrunt! I learned a lot about you today and hope everyone else did. Well it's that time again folks. So...until next time, folks, see you then!
Redshadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I'll start off by stating that my name is Tyler. Though just about everywhere over the net, my screen name is Redshadow151. I'm in 11th grade at Riverview Highschool. I'd say Riverview is about 15 minutes away from Tampa, Florida. I started my first job last June at Chick-fil-A, and am still employed there. It's a pretty good job, considering all the trash runs I do.. Lol. After college, I plan to be a Psychologist, or a Video Game Designer.

Halo, Halo, Halo... Believe it or not, my friend got me into Halo. I was never one to play 1st person shooters, other than Metriod Prime and James Bond. It was the first time we had ever played, and did we ever. We played it for a straight night, then half the next day. After beating Campaign mode, we went multiplayer and started launching hogs on Blood Gulch. Ah.. Good times.. Anyway, from the moment I touched the disc, (for lack of a better word) I was addicted.

I believe that my age (16) gives me an advantage over younger members, considering I have taken more years of English and Language Arts, possibly giving me stronger writing skills. I actually passed English II last year with a 98%, and am passing the first quarter of English III with a 93%. The point that would make me a good interviewer, is the fact that I research. I research other interviews, gain knowledge, and find examples of what would be a logical question to ask. Also, I would like to know a little about the person before I interview them. At my job interview, the interviewer would ask metophorical questions. I believe that is a good way to find out, what kind of person the interviewee is. Thank you for your time, and I wish the best of luck to the winners.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Help Wanted All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: