HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Run Submission formats

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Run Submission formats Reply with quote
For some reason, a lot of runs being uploaded now in Windows media format don't play well on my computer at all. We're talking less than 5 fps. Insidi0us' runs and Gawman's runs are examples of wmv runs that don't play, while spotcheck's runs play fine. The only difference I see, is the bitrate, and the framerate. Spotcheck's is 350kbps@25fps, while the ones that don't play are ~1Mbps@29.97fps. So it seems that my computer just can't handle the high bitrate.

Anyway, the point is if I can't see your run, I can't post it, and while normally Goatrope would look at it on his fast PC, I haven't seen him in a while. I could always find a friend's computer to play such files, but that takes longer and can be a hassle for both me and them.

So I guess a good guideline now is if you're submitting windows media, keep the bitrate to about 300-500kbps and a 320 x 240 resolution. I really wouldn't put anything on mythica's servers that was bigger than that anyway.
scurty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I don't have to worry about that because I have you to encode them for me, haha.

And where did goatrope go? Did he say he was taking a break for awhile or something? I haven't seen him in a long time.
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I can't watch high-bitrate vids unless i make them really really small, which negates the whole point of the high bitrate.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: