HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

XBL/XBC Request Q&A - Look Here before asking questions.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » XBL/XBC Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: XBL/XBC Request Q&A - Look Here before asking questions. Reply with quote
Hey guys,

Well, as most of you know, ShadowDancer posted a thread, asking for apps for the job to run the Q & A Sticky, and I was chosen. I will be running this sticky, with his help at times, as well as the XBL Gamertags list.

If you see people asking questions in the actual forum, then please direct them to this thread, to clean up the threads that can easily be answered here!

I am not really asking for a certain "Format", but please structure it so that it is easy to understand.

Thanks,
*Raiden.

Edit by ShadowDancer: only post here if you have a question, or an answer about online gaming. We'll have something set up soon and you can find your answers here. Don't post here, if you're requesting something (we've got the forum for that)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smacky12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would a video captured on the Xbox 360 with a Dazzle 90 look any better than an Xbox video captured on a Dazzle 90, or would the capture card drop more frames because of the higher quality picture?
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
psychomonkey123 wrote:
Would a video captured on the Xbox 360 with a Dazzle 90 look any better than an Xbox video captured on a Dazzle 90, or would the capture card drop more frames because of the higher quality picture?

It would depend on your computer, and video outputs.

It would possibly look better on the Xbox 360, but it'd depend on your computer's processing speed, and it's video card.

Also, this should be in the Tech Support forum, but I don't mind answering it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reidon

Location: Helping at the Jumping Discussion | GT: Reidon <360

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where can i find a Halo 2 skinning tutorial?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reidon wrote:
Where can i find a Halo 2 skinning tutorial?

Hehe, I love this Question.

Click Here, for my detailed tut Very Happy

Good Luck,
*Raiden. (P.S. I hope you British connection doesn't die Razz)
Zimmanater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im new at moding and i wish to mod halo2 stuff. Can someone tell me how ro plz give me a good tut site, plz.
srry if this is the wrong spot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ShadowDancer
Engaged Dude
Engaged Dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Zimmanater wrote:
Im new at moding and i wish to mod halo2 stuff. Can someone tell me how ro plz give me a good tut site, plz.

this isn't a modding forum, it's about Online Gaming, so that means XBL, XBC, XLink etc.
If you have a question about modding, go to the modding forum, found here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ShadowDancer wrote:
Zimmanater wrote:

this isn't a modding forum, it's about Online Gaming, so that means XBL, XBC, XLink etc.
If you have a question about modding, go to the modding forum, found here

Indeed.

Though, I like helping Smile Use the tuts on the modding forum, or try: www.halomods.com ( For those of you who decide to ask that question, read this!)

*Raiden.
Lollipop Man.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the font called that is the Halo writting??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lollipop Man. wrote:
What is the font called that is the Halo writting??

Halo,
and
Halo Outline,

Click Here for the normal Halo Font, and the Halo outline font, put them in C:\Windows\Fonts. (the .ttf files)

Btw this wasnt much of a proper xbl/xbc question, but meh I like helping Smile

Keep 'em Comin',
*Raiden.
Dead Dude

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, a few months ago my mum was mugged outside my house and they stole her handbag....which contained her credit cards......which I subscribed to xbox live with.
Also, my friend attempted to mod my xbox and he screwed it up....comes up with loads of different error messages then stops even playing games

I was wondering if I could get my original account back but on a different credit card and xbox?

any suggestions
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dead Dude wrote:
Hi, a few months ago my mum was mugged outside my house and they stole her handbag....which contained her credit cards......which I subscribed to xbox live with.
Also, my friend attempted to mod my xbox and he screwed it up....comes up with loads of different error messages then stops even playing games

I was wondering if I could get my original account back but on a different credit card and xbox?

any suggestions

Most likely Not on another credit card, but if your mom went through the proper procedures, then it won't matter, and she'll already have a new credit card, same # and all. If not, then I'd recommend contacting Microsoft's Xbox Help Line: 1-800-4-MY-XBOX (phone #), and selecting the "Xbox Live help" Service. Make sure your mom can talk to them, because it was her credit card. I would recommend canceling the account, and then renewing with a new credit card. If you are lucky, they could transfer payment to a different credit card, but you might have to pay a fee.

As for getting your account onto another xbox,

Go to the Microsoft Xbox Dashboard, and select "Xbox Live". Then go down to "Account Recovery" input the correct data, and boom, your live account is now on that xbox. Remember, your account can only be on ONE (1) xbox at a time, once account recovery is preformed on one xbox, it will become invalid on any other xbox(s) you had the account on before. It is like that so if your xbox or account is stolen, you can get it back. Smile

Also:

A large Thank-You, because that was an awesome question, and I appreciate it Wink

Glad to Help,
*Raiden.
Battle_Hawk91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
is XBConnect as good as Live?
Dead Dude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes and no
there are less waiting times - but you have to search for your own games
there can quite often be less lag because you know where your opponents are situated so for me being in England I generally kick all americans unless they have a soopa connection
xbox live is better though because of the friends list and other cool make-life-easier addons
Crazy Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: XBOX LIve Reply with quote
Hey can you guys make a tut on how to make videos over Xbox Live
ShadowDancer
Engaged Dude
Engaged Dude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: XBOX LIve Reply with quote
Crazy Dylan wrote:
Hey can you guys make a tut on how to make videos over Xbox Live

for this, check the Technical Support Forum. You'll need a capture card. This whole process you can find right there. The filming on XBL isn't that hard, just press record while you're playing/acting Wink
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q wrote:
is XBConnect as good as Live?

Depends on what you favour,

XBC can have a ton of lag, but then Live can too.

XBC has nice people, and not so nice people, Live as well.

I personally like Live better, because you don't need two internet connections (not a problem for me..), and you can just hop on your xbox, instead of finding a room and joining and going through the hassle!
SwitchBlade314

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey
i just recently got my xbl back and i was playing it yesterday
well, i tried to play it again today and it wont connect, so i went to trouble shooting. it says
"The DNS servers could not be reched"
what does this mean?
thanx a lot
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SwitchBlade314 wrote:
hey
i just recently got my xbl back and i was playing it yesterday
well, i tried to play it again today and it wont connect, so i went to trouble shooting. it says
"The DNS servers could not be reched"
what does this mean?
thanx a lot

Go to the settings in the Microsoft Xbox Dashboard, and then to Networking, then go to the DNS server settings, and reset them to Automatic. There, should be fixed, PM or reply if you need further help.
paves

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can i hook up and start XBC?
i have a sytem link cable cause i heard you need that...

i would just like to know what you need and how you hook it up...

i also heard XBC is like XBL only it is free, is this true?

much appreciated..
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
paves wrote:
How can i hook up and start XBC?
i have a sytem link cable cause i heard you need that...

i would just like to know what you need and how you hook it up...

i also heard XBC is like XBL only it is free, is this true?

much appreciated..

Well... as for the question:

go to:
This Link
To get the program in the first place.
Second, make sure your computer that runs the program, and your xbox can be on the SAME internet connection at the same time, simultaneously (sp?).

3rd, If you have problems, use the guide on the XBC site, it explains every possible combination of setups there is (other than bridging).

As for the likeness towards xbl, yea, it's somewhat like it, but it's just a system link with someone really far away (or not..). XBC has a friends list, and you can join their rooms, so it's a little bit like XBL's friends list.

Thanks for your question Smile

*Raiden.
chaoscaboose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I just recently bought a subscripiton code for Xbox live but I can't use it in my house because my parents have to use the internet every 20 minutes... no router, planning on getting one though.

Well anyway the question: When it comes to the entering the subscription code I do, when I try to go on it says the subscription code is invalid. Do you know whats wrong maybe? I try it at my nephew's house on his Xbox (bought from a cousin who bought it before Halo:Combat Evolved came out.) using a direct connection.

I've asked Xbox tech phone number thing and they say they don't know whats wrong, can you please clear this up for me?

In short:
-Do you know what I should do for the subscription code when it says it's invalid?
-Could a direct connection cause the problem?
-Could the date the Xbox was made/bought cause the problem?
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
chaoscaboose wrote:
Ok I just recently bought a subscripiton code for Xbox live but I can't use it in my house because my parents have to use the internet every 20 minutes... no router, planning on getting one though.

Well anyway the question: When it comes to the entering the subscription code I do, when I try to go on it says the subscription code is invalid. Do you know whats wrong maybe? I try it at my nephew's house on his Xbox (bought from a cousin who bought it before Halo:Combat Evolved came out.) using a direct connection.

I've asked Xbox tech phone number thing and they say they don't know whats wrong, can you please clear this up for me?

In short:
-Do you know what I should do for the subscription code when it says it's invalid?
-Could a direct connection cause the problem?
-Could the date the Xbox was made/bought cause the problem?

In short...
1.sorta, it is either a conflict with a. expiry, entered wrong, or something on M$'s part. If you take it back to the store, I'm sure they would exchange it, if not, then technically they sold you defective merchandise;
2.no,
2.no.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » XBL/XBC Requests All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: