HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Outskirts Normal 4.22

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scurty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Outskirts Normal 4.22 Reply with quote
This run is for missing Saturday night. Nokyard will be posting my other run tonight (you can only guess what level <i>that's</i> on)

Link

Outskirts has come a LONG way and I pretty much think I have all the shortcuts covered in this run. If someone finds another shortcut, no matter how small, I'll redo the run just because it's so fun to do. I use seven shortcuts I never used in my 4.27 run (Cody never posted that one yet). I'll just list them real quick:

- coming out of Zanzibar, go straight instead of going aroudn the wall; unfortunately I get a bit stuck there in my run
- bypassing the grunt in the turret by squeezing at the tight space
- taking a straight route to the third beach instead of going a bit around it
- at the part where the buggers appear in the tuneel, I ride the wall
- at the part where the scarab shoots, I squeeze through yet another tight space
- shortly after I go through another space instead of going around
- finally, after the shadows, I go up on the walkway to the right instead of staying on the road

Someone said it's possible to go sub 4:20, but i'm not tryign that unless someone beats my time. Enjoy!
GAWManŽ

Location: High Charitys Underground Shaft - Place Of The Gods

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh. My. God.

THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE THE RUN I DID!!!!1!1!1!1!!!11!

Except I got 4:23 Sad Good job though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scurty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Notice that grenade I threw that pretty much did nothign at all? It was supposed to boost the warthog forward and flip it exactly once and land right side up perfectly.. I threw it either too soon or too close so it never touched the warthog. This run could've been 4.21 if that trick worked out :/
GAWManŽ

Location: High Charitys Underground Shaft - Place Of The Gods

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
scurty wrote:
Notice that grenade I threw that pretty much did nothign at all? It was supposed to boost the warthog forward and flip it exactly once and land right side up perfectly.. I threw it either too soon or too close so it never touched the warthog. This run could've been 4.21 if that trick worked out :/

Wait, what Warthog?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scurty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I meant ghost.

Silly me ^_^

I can eventually put a vid up of doign that perfectly with basically no damage at all to the ghost but you probably know what that'll look like. If you ever want to try that, aim for this spot (I didn't aim for it in this video which is why it didn't work): There's a brown patch in front of the ghost. About a second before you see the Press X to Enter Ghost, throw the grenade at that spot, get in the gohst, and just boost forward. Works every time for me so it's not one of those 50/50 chances that can ruin a run.
Sly Dude

Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. DO NOT READ THIS FOOLS! GT: Sly Dude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like I said before, when you turn hold (A) and you don't need to stop boosting.
I dunno how much it'l help but it might help you keep up your pace. (BTW it works with a spectre as well.)
Hope it helps!
- Sly Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scurty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, I experimented with that after you told me awhile back. It works wonders when you have to make that quick S-turn.. I'll be sure to include it in a future run./
Hafus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry dude but that was really boring to watch although u did do good time GJ Wink
scurty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, any level with that much driving and just plain running will always be boring :P

It's definitely not up to par with the Uprising run, haha. Thanks for watching though.
KORHAL
Lord KDp
Lord KDp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to bump. But I'm reviewing this one to see where I can improve upon it. Webcam feed only though Sad

scurty, awesome run Wink

KORHAL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha, thanks.

I'll tell you exactly where you can improve upon it. When I use my last grenade.. it does nothing. There's a brown spot I'm supposed to throw it on and I throw it a bit before the spot so it does nothing. It's supposed to give you a little boost with a front flip involved ;) 1 second timesaver.

Go ahead and do a run on it, I'd like to see the time get beat.

Also, no one cares about bumps on this board, moves slow enough anyway :P
KORHAL
Lord KDp
Lord KDp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to cut only a few seconds off the run from begining to Hotel Zanzibar.

Although on Legendary you have a 30/70 of having a marine still alive to keep the Elites occupied when you jump down and into the hotel.

As for occupying the Elites at the end of the hallway I throw a 'nade on a hard angled part of the wall right after the Loading Zone so they are turned around when I turn the corner *SMACK* change to SM *SMACK* then shoot the Grunts.

Jump down into the street where the 'hog comes and pick off the Grunts that come outta the Phantom and then the 'hog comes.

Using that 'hog shaves a few seconds off of the old runs I've seen where you go through the beaches on a Ghost and grab the tunnel 'hog.

I'm still going to mess with it. Once I've got it down I'll record to one of my tapes and then get my movie computer up and running so I can use my CC to get some good footage.

KORHAL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
slYnki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I find it odd that this forum is called slow, when it's a speedrunning forum, and it seems to be going a lot faster than Halo 1 tricks, and somewhat Halo 2 Campaign tricks at the moment o.o;

Now, a question. Has anyone explored around to see if there's a faster way to get to Hotel Zanzibar, or is the grenade hop chain there the fastest way to get there? I had always wanted to see if there was a faster way to get there. I could test that out, unless people have been doing that since day 1 and have gotten nothing.
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you see Jeff Cousins' speed run of this level on Legendary? He drops down into the hotel in a very, very safe way.

I'd really like to see this level go faster though, that would be awesome. :)
slYnki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've seen his run, but I'm talking about altering the grenade hop chain to get to Hotel Zanzibar. I doubt there's a faster way there, but there's no harm in asking Very Happy. By the way, I'm thinking about doing a Cairo Station run on Easy or something. Only thinking about it of course. I'd have to see Cygnus' run to see if I can best him Razz.
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My post was in reply to Korhal, I didn't know you posted :P But I think the grenade chain is the fastest as we've been trying to improve it for quite some time now.

About Cairo on Easy.. I attempted the awhile ago and let me tell you, it's quite hard. I actually tied his time once but I could never get faster than his time. Cairo is like PoA in a way.. everything has to go right and it's very, very hard to do.
flechette
speedrunning ogre
speedrunning ogre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, Cygnus nailed his run. It'd be hard to beat.

-flech
slYnki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
He REALLY did. His time was 5:22, correct? I feel ashamed of my 6:30 time Razz.
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought it was 5:17
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: