HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Halo Under 2- 1:50:55
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now that we've reached the goal, here is the procedure:

We need run improvements for the other 5 levels. Once all the levels have run improvements, then I'll start locking down runs for the compilation.

What's this locking down business? Well, obviously all of the submitted runs could be improved, but there's a point where we have stop, or we'd be improving forever and never get a compilation video done. If a run is really good, and doesn't look like it can be easily improved, I'll lock it down. When it's locked, that means it's going in the video.

Right now, I'm locking down the Maw in 9:15 and Keyes in 4:13. I think these runs are near perfect, and there's not much sense spending a lot of time to improve them for this video. (Of course Spot, if you WANT to try to get that shield bump in one try, I won't stop you Wink) New runs for Silent Cartographer and AOTCR will be locked down immediately.

This will also encourage you guys to actually DO those other levels Wink
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Halo under 2 is complete! Very Happy

Now what?

Let's do Halo under 1:55 Wink
Yorrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoorah! Now for those last suckers...
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
AoTCR has been improved to 5:50, and locked in.

http://highspeedhalo.org/?news&id=63
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I realise that the level is locked, but I feel it could be done quicker on PAL, even though the ghost is slower because of the larger drop distance. Has there been any talk about the seperate PAL/NTSC table for this level?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
redtheidiot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cody i cant watch your legendary library run!!!!
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
redtheidiot wrote:
Cody i cant watch your legendary library run!!!!

Do you have quicktime? Smile
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
spotcheck wrote:
I realise that the level is locked, but I feel it could be done quicker on PAL, even though the ghost is slower because of the larger drop distance. Has there been any talk about the seperate PAL/NTSC table for this level?

Riding the pelican is the fastest way to the ghost. From the time you arrive at the bridge, it takes exactly 1 minute before the pelican is low enough to board. It makes no difference how you get down, as long as you can reach the pelican in time. Doing it in one jump won't make you go any faster.
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cody Miller wrote:
spotcheck wrote:

Riding the pelican is the fastest way to the ghost. From the time you arrive at the bridge, it takes exactly 1 minute before the pelican is low enough to board. It makes no difference how you get down, as long as you can reach the pelican in time. Doing it in one jump won't make you go any faster.

WLT says that there's a ghost nearby. I said the same thing as you did to WLT, and he immediately said no.
HitManBob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey cody, id really like to help with this project, and im sure everyone else wants to help too, but i cant seem to find anywhere that'll sell me the amount of skill you have.

Is there anyway or hints you can tell us to reveal how u get so awesome.

Right now i think that most of halo players are (on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being total noob, 5 being joe schmoe, 10 being cody miller) about a level 3-6, with a few exceptions(spotcheck, goatrope....anyone else that is awesome). What i think this project is going to turn into is 'Cody Millers Speedrun-akatari' instead of 'Halo communitys joint effort speedruns of halo and halo 2'

right now, i rate myself... a generous 7, an easy 6. I am skilled but am n owhere near as good as id like to be. I could finish a level like outskirts or metro on legendary in like 10 to 15 mins without dying...maybe.

My point is, could u give us some advice on how to be awesome
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HitManBob wrote:
hey cody, id really like to help with this project, and im sure everyone else wants to help too, but i cant seem to find anywhere that'll sell me the amount of skill you have.

Is there anyway or hints you can tell us to reveal how u get so awesome.

Right now i think that most of halo players are (on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being total noob, 5 being joe schmoe, 10 being cody miller) about a level 3-6, with a few exceptions(spotcheck, goatrope....anyone else that is awesome). What i think this project is going to turn into is 'Cody Millers Speedrun-akatari' instead of 'Halo communitys joint effort speedruns of halo and halo 2'

right now, i rate myself... a generous 7, an easy 6. I am skilled but am n owhere near as good as id like to be. I could finish a level like outskirts or metro on legendary in like 10 to 15 mins without dying...maybe.

My point is, could u give us some advice on how to be awesome

I rate myself a 7, since I can beat enemies on legendary, but not very efficiently. However, I tend to think outside the boundaries. I am good at spotting shortcuts and finding ways to cut down speedrun times. Have a look at the library tips thread; not all the tips are originally my idea, but some are.

Here are some tips to cut down some times:

-Look for shortcuts. This is my favorite thing to do.

-Play with the auto-aim off. I haven't turned it off yet, but turning it off should improve your aiming skills.

-Use grenades. Grenades mess up all kinds of enemies, except sentinels.

-Attack from many angles. Sometimes you can even run by enemies.

That's all I can think of now, but the important part is to practice. Try an easy level (not T&R) on heroic or legendary, and try to play aggresively.
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HitManBob wrote:
What i think this project is going to turn into is 'Cody Millers Speedrun-akatari' instead of 'Halo communitys joint effort speedruns of halo and halo 2'

That's why I'm only doing one more run for Halo Under 2: Truth and Reconciliation. I also have not locked down my runs for PoA or Library, so those can be beaten. I'll only lock those down when runs for all levels are submitted.

Heck, if somebody beats me to to T&R, that's ok too. I won't be starting at least until the GNF Highligh Reel is done.
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cody Miller wrote:

you can run to the first ghost before the pelican has got to the floor if you do the jump straight away. I'm not sure if NTSC Xboxes will let you jump down the left side of the bridge, I've only seen it being done on the right hand side. Falling down on the left means you're closer to the ghost when you land and you have less distance to travel to get to it. It may take the same time on NTSC but I'm sure running is faster on PAL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ultimate X

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the fastest I have seen somebody pass Halo in legendary it is impressive it's better than the seperate speedrun.
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ultimate X wrote:
This is the fastest I have seen somebody pass Halo in legendary it is impressive it's better than the seperate speedrun.

Halo (level) or Halo CE?

By the way, it's not that one person did a one-segment run of Halo CE Legendary in 1:59:50. Many people worked on ten segments of the run, one for each level. The 1:59:50 is the total of the ten levels.
ultimate X

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Halo (level) or Halo CE? Reply with quote
Halo CE Cool
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
spotcheck wrote:
Cody Miller wrote:

you can run to the first ghost before the pelican has got to the floor if you do the jump straight away. I'm not sure if NTSC Xboxes will let you jump down the left side of the bridge, I've only seen it being done on the right hand side. Falling down on the left means you're closer to the ghost when you land and you have less distance to travel to get to it. It may take the same time on NTSC but I'm sure running is faster on PAL.

Interesting. The ghost is slower in PAL though, isn't it? I'd love to see a run done like that if it is indeed faster.
flechette
speedrunning ogre
speedrunning ogre

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
-Play with the auto-aim off. I haven't turned it off yet, but turning it off should improve your aiming skills.

Please GOD tell me how to turn off auto-aim in halo 2 :( ... unless it's in some stupid sub menu that I've missed. :P

-flech
Sphere - FireFox>IE7

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think it's completely possible... Sad You can turn it off from the (In-game) Start>Settings>Controller Settings>Auto-Aim, but ther's still a little auto-aim that sorta stays there, no matter what... I think it can be totally taken off with mods, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AAOMasta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good job!
Nugwin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HOO_RAH!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great job!
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, we completed Halo Under 2 two months ago. Spamming season is over. Wink

At least have something constructive to say.
flechette
speedrunning ogre
speedrunning ogre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hehe, it's because Ducain made the matter of under 2 hours frontpage HIH news. ^^ They can spam, they didn't know! ^^

-flech
JCacho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoo-rah! Cool
{NL}SirAngusOfBeef

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i saw this a long time ago but i had no idea it was anywhere in HIH

so now i can say 'Good Job!'
M6D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.Halo 2 wrote:
Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question What the heck r u guys talkin 'bout?
lol, spped runs are like finishing a level on ledendary as fast as u can dude
choboroy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hoo-rah!!

Good job. Some of the runs are incredible Surprised
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
We shouldn't stop now! Halo, T&R, SC and TB can all be improved. Check out the thread for the sub 4 minute SC run, it's got some great moves that could be used in a legendary run.

I think it's time for me to go back to Halo 1, so I've got T&R covered. Any takers for Halo or TB?
scurty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I might try TB. That's a very nasty level but in a month after playing it constantly I should be fine, just like any other level. It's a longshot but I'll see what I can do.
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cody Miller wrote:
We shouldn't stop now! Halo, T&R, SC and TB can all be improved. Check out the thread for the sub 4 minute SC run, it's got some great moves that could be used in a legendary run.

I think it's time for me to go back to Halo 1, so I've got T&R covered. Any takers for Halo or TB?

You guys like speedrunning a lot. I admit that speedrunning was stressful, especially on long runs. Only twice on Halo Legendary did I clear the first structure without dying, and both times I went on to beat the level without dying. I'm taking a long rest, as I haven't been playing Halo since July.
scurty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You might want to update the time now, 24 second improvement on SC I think it is.

Edit: Ah, there we go. I think if everyone is going to be focusing on Gravemind, I'll focus on Two Betrayals. I wonder how low we can go overall on Halo.

Last edited by scurty on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's been a while, but we've got a new SC run!
insidi0us

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
1:51:38

no?
guitarfreak4him

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
try it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
insidi0us

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol no, i was saying thats the current time
but it has yet to be updated
Voo-Doo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The other links won't work for some reason so I have a question. What is the speedrun record for Halo 1 on Easy? And Halo 2 on easy?
scurty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sure people have timed an easy game of Halo through but no one's ever posted their times so I wouldn't know.

For me, my best time from gaining control in the Armory until the final cutscene with Tartarus begins is 1:41:04 although I'm sure people can beat this easily (no deaths also which really isn't that hard ot accomplish on Easy).
Voo-Doo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got 1:38:43 with deaths. Razz

I've finished the game a trillion times on every difficulty. It's so easy now. I could do it blindfolded.
kwinse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wouldn't that be a fun (but rather inane) run?

Perhaps I'll do a full game run if I can, no matter how crappy it is, just to get the record, if only for a short while Smile ... too bad my brother's capture card isn't working right now... Sad
scurty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Voo-Doo wrote:
I got 1:38:43 with deaths. :P

I've finished the game a trillion times on every difficulty. It's so easy now. I could do it blindfolded.

Hmm.. I beat your time by 6 seconds today, haha, and with no deaths of course. 1:38:37 on tape although I probably won't do anything with the tape.. You do know that you can probably do some great speedruns, have you ever thought of doing one?
Voo-Doo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most of the speedruns I've seen have people tricking out of levels or whatever to skip a part. I wouldn't know the first thing about that. I could go through a FULL level though. Might not be the speediest run around but I could make a nice go of it.

Also, congrats on beating my time.
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
poa: 4.30
halo: 15.00
TandR: 11.40
sc: 3.50 47,2
aotcr: 6.30
the library: 14.00
Two Betrayals: 10.00
keyes: 4.00
the maw: 9.00

This makes a total of: 1,18 that should be possible in co-op easy

But I dont think there are really much people who have a good co-op partner. So lets get halo 1 under 90 minutes, in easy? Smile
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: 2 More to go! Reply with quote
We're getting pretty close here! Thanks to Insidi0us we've shaved time of SC, AoTCR, and a LOT of time off Two betrayals.

Only two levels to go: Halo and Truth and Reconciliation.

TheT&R thread has some discussion on possible speedups, however there hasn't been too much discussion recently. I've already begun running.

Halo's still up in the air, and from what I gather, gwdpto's GNF run is goign to be extremely hard to beat. The halo thread should be a good starting spot.

Almost there!
kwinse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm lost. You talk about Stuntmutt's run, saying it's better that yours, and yet you get the record for GNF. What happened?

If you're wondering why I posted here, I didn't want to bump the old T&R thread...
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stuntmutt's was better in certain places than mine. Overall, his run was amost twice the time mine was. I pointed out areas in which he did much better.
dj DAP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: HALO Reply with quote
I've almost beat the best HALO time. What do you mean you still need the levels HALO and T&R beaten, by how much time?
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HALO Reply with quote
dj DAP wrote:
I've almost beat the best HALO time. What do you mean you still need the levels HALO and T&R beaten, by how much time?

We still need Halo and T&R because we don't want GNF runs in Halo Under 2.

Any time beaten is OK, just as long as they are beaten!

WLT wrote:
halo: 15.00

Shouldn't it be possible to get under 15:00 on easy? I got sub-15 on heroic once.
insidi0us

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i bet you could get sub 13 on easy.
in fact, if this run is wanted on anything other than legendary, ill go do it.
ive had difficulty (but am close to) matching gwdpto's time on legendary,
but thats only after using the beginning grenade jump.

damn this level Evil or Very Mad
Voo-Doo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Halo 2 Easy Speedrun Full-Game Time - 1:32:13.

So close.

I need to shave some time off Cairo Station.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: