HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Halo Under 2- 1:50:55
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
On TB you destroy the first pulse generator and get trough the door at the natural bridge. Then you enter the first big indoor area. Believe it or not. I was 2 minutes faster than the GNF winner at that point Smile Im practicing this part so I dont do the whole level, most time I stop when Ive reached the first bridge.
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got a loading zone exploit for TB.

On the last door of the control room (the one that leads outside), if you press X then press X immediately when the panel lights fade, there will be no enemies apart from the immediate group just outside the door. After beating this group, go down, get the banshee, come back up and hit the panel to load the enemies. Fly the banshee near the base until you trigger the battle music, then fly to the pulse generator and continue the level as normal.

Credit TablesandChairs4 aka Scooter McDue
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/472132.html
Click on Secrets FAQ by TablesandChairs4
Search "[No enemies, Two Betrayals]"

Going to post a plethora of Library Tricks today or tomorrow. Wink
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
82-35-43 wrote:

On the last door of the control room (the one that leads outside), if you press X then press X immediately when the panel lights fade, there will be no enemies apart from the immediate group just outside the door. After beating this group, go down, get the banshee, come back up and hit the panel to load the enemies. Fly the banshee near the base until you trigger the battle music, then fly to the pulse generator and continue the level as normal.

Yep thats how I got 2 minutes faster at the first pulse generator. But It was discovered by Frogblast. Its on his site.
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is anyone working on a speedrun for halo 1 right now?
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying levels on Heroic on Halo 1, although eithe my computer is too full or fraps seems to slow down after about 5 minutes of recording. I think I can get 343GS on Legendary in about 7.10 or slightly quicker if everything goes well Smile

-spot-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've added The Maw in 9:15. Watch it here..

Update: You can now download a 480 x360 version from archive.org.

Read Goatrope's walkthough for more info about the trick. He did it in Co-op, but single player is a little different. You need to do the first few jumps blind, because the game won't draw the caféteria. I'm not sure exactly why, but the view will be restored randomly. It seems to help to change position slightly, or if something dies down below.

Last edited by Cody Miller on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
spotcheck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow Shocked

i bet you were cacking your pants with excitement when you got over the door Very Happy

nice job man

-spot-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lately, I've been trying 343 GS, The Library, and a little bit of TB on Legendary.

343 GS - The jumps from platform to column are way too difficult for me. I basically have to use grenades. Although 7:10 seems reasonable.

The Library - I've diagnosed the level and played it over and over. My best run was with two deaths, one on the second floor in the "explosion hallway", one on the fourth floor when I took a needless risk, adding up to about 1 1/2 minutes of lost time. Still, I'm confident my run was in the low 20's. I'd like to see someone get 18 minutes on this level.

TB - I've practiced this level using the panel glitch. Fighting the covenant on legendary is very difficult for me. I die a countless number of times in the indoor covenant room and hallway after the first pulse generator. When I get to the parallel bridges part, I generally give up the run there.

By the way, I have no capture card and I don't want to tape and mail, so if somebody else can get some good times for these runs, that would be great. Smile
goatrope
Speed Dude
Speed Dude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
82-35-43 wrote:
343 GS - The jumps from platform to column are way too difficult for me. I basically have to use grenades. Although 7:10 seems reasonable.

I've been semi-working on a GS run myself. I lost that level in GNF by 6 seconds, because I was making the run mere hours before the contest deadline was up, I had to settle with a run where I missed the jump right after the active camo and had to revert to save.

In all honesty, the general movement in the current GNF run is rather slow. The guy hesitated in a lot of spots that he shouldn't have.

The only thing right now that's holding me back with 343GS is the trigger(s) to that final cutscene. I've studied it quite a bit and it still just feels completely random to me. I've beaten that entire level without firing/meleeing/grenading, so I'm fairly sure it's not the amount of flood you kill. Perhaps there's a certain location that spawn GS and the sentinels, and then another that ends the level. Anybody else feel like looking into it? Writing up this post has refreshed my desire to go run that level. Very Happy
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
goatrope... I'll go look and see if I have the map files. I can look and see if there's a trigger, and where it is.

The only thing besides triggers loading various sections of the swamp is a rather large box entitled "monitor_trigger" as highlighted in yellow below:

It looks like it's in the air, but it really extends all the way to the ground. It's just that it collides with those other triggers and it "cuts" it off there in our viewing sense.

Other things to note in that picture: Those two black dots you see on that platform are where the Master Cheif and the Monitor spawn during the cutscene.

Conclusion: We have learned nothing new as of yet. I'll keep looking into it.

Last edited by TheGhost on Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah I've been trying a 343 run as well as the library.

343 - the first room with the grunts and the 4 jackals in the corridor is kidna hard, usually get through with 1 or 2 health if I just run through lol

-cutscene as well, I usually find running round the back makes it happen faster percentage-wise, I'm sure there has to be some way to trigger it.

Library - easy until the 2nd floor and the corridor with the 5 carrier flood in. Almost impossible to get through that area first time without dieing. If I string all the bits together, I'm sure a 17 minute run (no joke here) is not out of the question. almost all bits can be run through without dieing, and only one or 2 require fighting or luck. Just takes time to be able to string them all together.

I find at the first area with the large amount of flood, (through the first door) throw a grenade into the pipe they spawn out of, and the flood with the shotgun (always comes out) will die, the shotgun will bounce quite near you, for an easy first shotgun. Level is kinda hard without it hehe Smile
Art Vandelay
:s

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jeez, everyone is doing this level, including me!

I have tried killing marines and killing sentinals, but it did not help
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shocked That's one nice picture!

I don't know what triggers the end cutscene in 343 GS. What I know is that in the cutscene, if there are still flood around, they will shoot the cutscene MC until he falls dead. Also, sometimes in the library end cutscene, 343 GS says "You may now retrieve the index," and some infection forms latch onto the monitor as well as MC (the screen starts flashing red wildly.) Laughing

spotcheck wrote:
I find at the first area with the large amount of flood, (through the first door) throw a grenade into the pipe they spawn out of, and the flood with the shotgun (always comes out) will die, the shotgun will bounce quite near you, for an easy first shotgun. Level is kinda hard without it hehe Smile

Same here, except I throw the grenade behind where they come out. If I'm lucky, the flood behind the sloped wall won't even notice. Sometimes, I can't find the shotgun and I get killed looking for it.
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahh! I've got it. I'll document my proof for my finding if you want, but in most basic forms:

Trigger the monitor. The level ends 30 seconds later on Legendary difficulty.

So in theory you could (and I've tried this) trigger the monitor, and then run away. It doesn't matter as long as you're alive for the next 30 seconds after you trigger the monitor.

The monitor trigger is this box extended to the ground:

FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a quick question: in the picture, where is the valley that you come out from?
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EDIT: Hold on.
Art Vandelay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have to see guilty spark to start the countdown or where does it begin?
goatrope
Speed Dude
Speed Dude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet! I'm going to test this out a bit later tonight.
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found that it's slightly less than 30 seconds, more like 28 when I did it on video. But anyways, this is the spot I was aiming to trigger the Monitor in the video I'm about to show:

Once I trigger it, I pretty much run away. I show some intervals of time as I wait for the level to end. Ignore the fact that there's no sound in this video and that I have on some cheats so that I could get to the end of the level quickly:

http://useruploads.mythica.org/cgi-bin/viewfile.cgi?f=343gs_divx.avi

Thanks!
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice run, Art!
Art Vandelay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Danke

That is basically my same route for legendary, but a tad bit slower of course.

Not too hard!
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, that was normal? Why did I think that was Legendary?
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great run, Art! Just two things to say though:

You're playing on normal, right? So the upper route is not locked.

The light bridge actually materializes as soon as you press the panel. So you can just start walking on the light bridge even if it hasn't appeared yet.
Art Vandelay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
82-35-43 wrote:
Great run, Art! Just two things to say though:

You're playing on normal, right? So the upper route is not locked.

The light bridge actually materializes as soon as you press the panel. So you can just start walking on the light bridge even if it hasn't appeared yet.

I realize the upper route is not locked, the run was just a practice for my legendary run. I did it, it was a decent run, so I decided to turn it in
Lumpey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yo, Taylor Jones here.

If anybody wants to try to do the Two Betrayals run faster, cuz it definitely can be, just contact me at Lumpeynuts@yahoo.com. I would most certainly be willing to help. Also I can attest that if my run IS beaten, I will try as hard as I can to best the one that bests me, which would further the ultimate goal of getting Halo under 2 hours, which is what everybody wants anyway.
goatrope
Speed Dude
Speed Dude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Taylor! Glad to see you've stopped by. Welcome to HSH. Very Happy
Lumpey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I got 'ahem' grounded, and in the process my bro took his xbox back, and so I've been out of it for awhile, but that love for this game is coming back, and I really want to do TB over again, but I don't have the Xbox any more! But I'll definitely try.
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cody although I didnt see your TandR run I know How you jump to the second floor. I know a probably easier way for throw. Its not easy to explain but I throw two plasma grenades, one frag grenade and pick up the overshield en jump Smile Movie soon
FractalFusion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lumpey wrote:
Yo, Taylor Jones here.

If anybody wants to try to do the Two Betrayals run faster, cuz it definitely can be, just contact me at [url]Lumpeynuts@yahoo.com[/url]. I would most certainly be willing to help. Also I can attest that if my run IS beaten, I will try as hard as I can to best the one that bests me, which would further the ultimate goal of getting Halo under 2 hours, which is what everybody wants anyway.

82-35-43 wrote:

Credit TablesandChairs4 aka Scooter McDue
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/game/472132.html
Click on Secrets FAQ by TablesandChairs4
Search "[No enemies, Two Betrayals]"

Going to post a plethora of Library Tricks today or tomorrow. Wink

Quotes myself (Note: Library tricks have been posted already)

OK, you only need to fly near the base to trigger the enemies at the bottom. And don't forget the rocket launcher on the left side.

WLT wrote:
Cody although I didnt see your TandR run I know How you jump to the second floor. I know a probably easier way for throw. Its not easy to explain but I throw two plasma grenades, one frag grenade and pick up the overshield en jump Smile Movie soon

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines, but it seems difficult. Anyway, referring to Cody's method, the first grenade jump onto the side ledge is not necessary; there's a box nearby that you can use to jump onto the ledge. Smile
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lumpey wrote:
Yo, Taylor Jones here.

If anybody wants to try to do the Two Betrayals run faster, cuz it definitely can be, just contact me at Lumpeynuts@yahoo.com. I would most certainly be willing to help. Also I can attest that if my run IS beaten, I will try as hard as I can to best the one that bests me, which would further the ultimate goal of getting Halo under 2 hours, which is what everybody wants anyway.

Great to see you here Smile Last weeks I was busy with two betrayals, and there's already one easy trick to be 2 minutes faster. Click the door before the big open area, one time and just before the lights go out, a second time-->No enemy's. But when your in the banshee you have to go back and click the panel again, because otherwise the pulse generator isnt on.
Lumpey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I also went the long way down the pyramid. It's faster to go down the right side of the pyramid, snipe the elite before he gets in the wraith, and sweep around to your banshee, avoiding the massive amount of elites on the ground. That way is way faster than the left side, but it seems the door glitch is probably the best bet.
The Arbiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Halo Under 2- 9:12 to go! Reply with quote
Cody Miller wrote:
I know you're probably all sick of Halo speedruns, and you're here to see the latest exploits in Halo 2, but I think there's work to be done.

My Goal: To put together a ten segment legendary run of Halo (XBox) in under 2 hours

We now have a page on HSH.

Currently, 9:12 needs to be shaved off.

Runs so far:
PoA: 5:51
Keyes: 9:23
Maw: 9:15

Well, I beat Halo 2 on Easy in under to hours (on a side note). Plus Halo 1 is WAY more easier than Halo 2; I went back and played Heroic and it felt like it was on Easy, that's how much of a difficulty change has happened.
Cygnus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's the opposite for me. Halo 1 is way harder than Halo 2. I can barely survive on normal on Halo 1. Those damn flood swarm me, and they have rocket launchers.
Russian07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=25790

well, it appears that shaves off 5 Minutes and 10 seconds so only 4:02 to go!

GOOD JOB SPOTCHECK!
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The library has been improved to 16:58.

http://files.mythica.org/halo/highimpacthalo/highspeed/Halo/Library/Library_Legendary_Cody.mov
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol, Cody, if you didn't miss that crouch jump at the end, it'd be under 2 hours.
goatrope
Speed Dude
Speed Dude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheGhost wrote:
Lol, Cody, if you didn't miss that crouch jump at the end, it'd be under 2 hours.

Hey, this way we get another run out of the deal. Wink
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks cody for those 2 seconds, maybe I can do the last run and shave off the last seconds Smile But impressive, although I havent seen it yet.
Kang

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Damn, if somebody got a good gravemind run in it looks like the Halo speedrun could probably go under 1:50 (maybe even 1:45) 0_0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Garvinator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kang wrote:
Damn, if somebody got a good gravemind run in it looks like the Halo speedrun could probably go under 1:50 (maybe even 1:45) 0_0

Keep in mind that Gravemind is in Halo 2. This is Halo 1 under 2; which is awsome that we got to two seconds away from finishing.

Nice job on the Library Run.
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol I watched you miss the crouch jump and went :O noooooo

Nice run, I learnt from that that hanging back in a few places actually helps Wink but some of the bits you hung back I think would have been better just running on. The overshield bit was an example. I found just missing it out is quicker as by the time you get back up and running you've lost the overshield Very Happy and a grenade or 2 behind you will clear the near flood away so you won't get shot.

2 secs Shocked aaaaargh
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone do a Halo run. It looks it would be pretty easy to take some time off of that one.
Cody Miller
SMG Expert
SMG Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
spotcheck wrote:
lol I watched you miss the crouch jump and went :O noooooo

Nice run, I learnt from that that hanging back in a few places actually helps Wink but some of the bits you hung back I think would have been better just running on. The overshield bit was an example. I found just missing it out is quicker as by the time you get back up and running you've lost the overshield Very Happy and a grenade or 2 behind you will clear the near flood away so you won't get shot.

2 secs Shocked aaaaargh

I could certainly give the run another shot.
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I;m sure you could pull it off with no bother, I can manage Heroic farily well, just die on Legendary a lot more, kinda annoyin recording 16 minutes just to die lol Very Happy

TheGhost - How do you see the Halo run being improved Rolling Eyes
TheGhost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, particularly at the beginning, he kind of just turns around to kill some of the Grunts. He also misses that jump about 4 times. I don't know, which do you think would be the easiest one to shave a bit off of?
Russian07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually wouldn't we need 3 seconds if it truly was going to be Halo Under 2? It'd be 1:59:59 which truly is under 2 hours. Just a random thought.
spotcheck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HU2 is complete Very HappyVery Happy

just got 7.32 on 343GS, i'm converting and uploading now. I didn't record the difficulty chooser (because i restarted level) and it's obvious it's on legendary since you don't pick up a shotgun before the 2nd lift and the upper door is shut. Video up soon Smile

edit - just checked the times, this puts the total time on 1.59.53. I missed the jump off the shotgun box because the reticule followed a flood and put me off course, so that took about 5 - 7 secs, and the ending cutscene didn't kick in for a while. I've been trying for about an hour lol so didn't really fancy trying it again, but I uploaded since this will put HU2 under 2 Smile
Russian07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
spotcheck wrote:
HU2 is complete Very HappyVery Happy

just got 7.32 on 343GS, i'm converting and uploading now. I didn't record the difficulty chooser (because i restarted level) and it's obvious it's on legendary since you don't pick up a shotgun before the 2nd lift and the upper door is shut. Video up soon Smile

edit - just checked the times, this puts the total time on 1.59.53. I missed the jump off the shotgun box because the reticule followed a flood and put me off course, so that took about 5 - 7 secs, and the ending cutscene didn't kick in for a while. I've been trying for about an hour lol so didn't really fancy trying it again, but I uploaded since this will put HU2 under 2 Smile

*Bows down to Spotcheck* AWESOME! Surprised Nice job on finally finishing Halo Under 2!
Sol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay, congratulations to everyone who helped get Halo under 2!
RAAB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
and another 30 seconds may be cleared off if spotchecks run didnt screw up (not his fault)... damn cutscene lost him 20 seconds, and he missed a crouch jump and he went a little slow in one room, well not slow... just not amazingly fast. so i think maybe 30 seconds could be shaved off his run. hey spot... i know you can pull this off, but only if it doesnt take you 10 tries for the grenade jump.

So now that HU2 is complete what will be the new goal... I have been trying Halo 2 Under 1h and 30mins on easy. Spot has 1:35 on normal and easy is, well.... easier, so i assume we can get Halo 2 under 1h 30mins. anyone up for trying this?

Co-op or SP.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: