HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Ongoing List of Campaign Eggs *Pics - Vids* *UPDATED 2/7/06*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheeky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
on regret or the lvl where u drop from the sky in a pod get a sniper and above the plave were you lower the bridge the flying bugs if u snipe them they go BOOM
IOHBOY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just wanted to say something about the Green Door on Sacred Icon. You do not have to get to the bottom on the Gondola ride. Keep going through until you are outside and facing the second Enforcer. While facing out into the gorge, go all the way to the right and look outwards, there it is, sitting on the wall...

...And how many megaphones are there on outskirts?? I've found three...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey Agent ME, Thanks a real lot for all of that, i just got back from a one week vacation and now that im back im going to do some updating so expect that stuff on later tonight.
Mccisi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What about the floating SMG's? Post that, ive never been able to get to it because I hate QZ (sorry KORHAL that I insulted QZ)
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The floating SMGs are a glitch and not an egg, im almost positive.

BTW i've been really wanting to update this thing but homecoming is saturday and i've been really busy finding a suit and stuff, hopefully i'll update it soon.
ZuP

Location: Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Swaheeli wrote:
The floating SMGs are a glitch and not an egg, im almost positive.

Actually, you are only half right.

The SMGs were put there so you could hear them in the distance and they didn't have to put marines with AI in.

Neither a glitch or an egg.

PS - I'm going to do some searching and see if I can find you some more eggs. ;p

[/ZuP]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would call them an egg. Were it a glitch it wouldn't be meant to be in the game.

And WE didn't decide anything about the QZ cutscene SMG >_>

You can't possibly tell me that's a 3. It's a Y. they look NOTHING alike.

Agent ME, the thing about that is that we (Sly Dude + Me) looked at Regret's/DH's opening cutscene in conjunction to QZ's end cutscene.

The SMG says the same thing. I'm 99% positive, and any other cinema, the gun would be too small to see.
KORHAL
Lord KDp
Lord KDp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mccisi wrote:
What about the floating SMG's? Post that, ive never been able to get to it because I hate QZ (sorry KORHAL that I insulted QZ)

Looks like SOMEBODY doesn't read through a topic like he/she before posting *wink wink PUNCH PUNCH*

KORHAL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ZuP

Location: Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=11692

Personally, I think its there.

http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=29720

Same there, too.

[/ZuP]
Catachan

Location: Remodeling My Hog to Run on a "Solar powered Nuclear Reactor"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
becareful what you wish for.

If I had really wanted to piss everyone off about the eggs debate then it would have been REALLY obvious. I guess that I should not have edited the "Your Momma" Jokes out of my Rules for flaming the Egg seekers thread.

Not every thing is obvious, Stuntmutt said it right when he described the "Megg" as a "W" inside of a Butt.

Sarge's Cigar, may not be an Egg, (has Bungie given a definitive answer to this?) every trash can throws stuff out if you move it, and there is a Cigar/bong/d-word under 90% of them. Hmm, seems odd to me that we assume that it is an egg. . .

There also is reference to a Halo egg inside the Bumblebee Life pods ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PILOT'S CHAIR! It reads: "Put your Head between your legs and Kiss your Ass good bye."

This is a Confirmed egg.

Not every one sees some thing in the same way. Bungie could have read the "Rex Dogs" thread and thought: "Wow we did not think that any one would find that, good job!" But the chances are that they didn't, (and no I am not defending those threads, they just make good examples of this kind of instances). Some eggs can never be seen by conventional means.

End of Story.

What, You don't know Rampancy?

~Catachan
Agent ME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
About the IOHBOYs on an SMG. I've concluded it doesn't exist.

The bitmaps only exist on Regret.

I've colored it solid red to stand out and got SMGs in all of the cutscenes, but never saw it.

I have not found any references or dependencies from any of the SMG's files to the bitmap.

So all I can conclude is that at some point Bungie was planning a cut-scene where an SMG was more noticeable, and to have the IOHBOY on it, but scrapped both, and accidentally left the bitmap in the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sk8.4.Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You forgot the less-known BSOD switch on HC in the Chanelier Room. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mccisi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sk8.4.Life wrote:
You forgot the less-known BSOD switch on HC in the Chanelier Room. Wink

Actually, its not a BSOD switch. Its a covie switch. Wink

Hmmmm.....uhhhh......an egg.....an egg......I would say Backwash because of ITS LOOKING A LITTLE ROUGH OUT HERE.

But thats not a Campaign egg......Oh well.

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil ??"(+)*(=)^>-- `!!_|~Mccisi~|_!!` --<^(=)*(+)"?? Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
~NL~Clayster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What difficulty do you have to be on to get the invci-hog. I did it on Easy and it didn't work..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can do it on any difficulty. Just try this, go on easy, go to the part right after the dark tunnel, get in the hog that the marines drive, and go all the way to the beginning of the big highway tunnel, then drive all the way back, it should be there.
Jebus117

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here are some dialogue eggs. It helps if you have IWHBYD Skull active if you want to hear them. I got the quotes from the HBO Halo 2 Dialogue Database.

Grunts:
"Maybe... me be sidekick. You know - like Robin."
Meaning: Reference to Robin from Batman and Robin.

"Please - no hurt! Me like Elites! Brutes stinky-bad-bad. Me stay here, make sure no Brutes come behind mighty Arbiter! Haha - hunh...?"
Location: Uprising; somewhere in the level there is a scared Grunt that sometimes says this when you walk up to it.

"Something in the way he moves, attracts me like no other Arbiter... something in the way he moves me yumpumtikitakitaki!"
Meaning: The Grunt's version of a Beatles song called "Something". I've heard a Grunt sing another part of the song that isn't posted in the dialogue database as well, but I've only heard it once.

"That impossible - me have great nose! Me have nose of champions! For centuries, my kind has bred just for nose - and mine is best! Hah!"
Meaning: I have no idea. Shocked

"This remind me of time at Camp Winneton - oh, I already told you that one."
Meaning: Don't really know. All I could find on Google is that Winneton is in Nebraska and that there is a Winneton Record Corp.

"Yes, master! Give me precious, my precious!"
Meaning: Reference to Golem from Lord of the Rings.

"But... Arbiter friend! No! Nobody like YOU! Except for Arbiter - he like me!"
Meaning: I'm pretty sure this is another reference to Golem.

Elites:
"Yes, I have one blue eye and one green eye. Can we get on with it?"
Meaning: It may be a reference to Yuna from Final Fantasy X.

[Jimmy Cagney accent] "Where are your prophets now, yeah?"
Meaning: Apparently a Jimmy Cagney reference.

Sergeant Johnson:
“We’ll see you in part three!”
Meaning: Seems to be a reference to Halo 3.

“Why, I oughtta…”
Meaning: Three Stooges reference.

Stacker
”Hey, Chewie! You're about to become a footrest!
Meaning: Chewbaca reference.

Male Marines
”And everybody was kung fu fighting...”
Meaning: Reference to the song “Kung Fu Fighting” by Carl Douglas.

”Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do? You're gonna get the crap kicked outta ya - that's what you're gonna do.”
Meaning: Reference to the Cops theme song.

”Bam! Spice that up a notch.”
Meaning: Reference to Emeril’s famous catchphrase.

”Superfriends unite!”
Meaning: Reference to the Superfriends (AKA Justice Leage).

”Wonder Twin powers - activate!”
Meaning: Another Superfriends reference.

Female Marines
[singing] “Who let the dogs out?”
Meaning: Reference to the song “Who Let the Dogs Out?” by the Baja Men.

Last edited by Jebus117 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Lafester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
the majority of these links don't work. Can someone please update this sticky so that people don't need to devote hours of their lives searching the archives.
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lafester wrote:
the majority of these links don't work. Can someone please update this sticky so that people don't need to devote hours of their lives searching the archives.

The links dont work?

For me, they all work fine.

Please tell me what links dont work and i'll fix it.

Jebus im also going to add your stuff in tonight.
A1L21|SwiZzLe DiZzLe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice Swaheeli. I wanted to watch the Green Orb vid but it wouldn't work for me. Just letting ya know.
Lafester

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Swaheeli wrote:
Lafester wrote:

The links dont work?

For me, they all work fine.

Please tell me what links dont work and i'll fix it.

Jebus im also going to add your stuff in tonight.

OK, sorry. I should have been more specific. The following links don't work for me: The vid link for Sarge's cigar, the links for REX (part 1), the video links for the Scarab Gun, IOHBOY links on Metropolis, in general any maphawk.ontv.com links don't work. Also, BSOD switch links, and the vid link for the green door. I think thats it. Hopefully its not just me who cant link to these vids.

Thanks
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I seen that the REX on Outskirts link didn't work so I made a vid to save you the hassle of finding another.

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=outskirts_rex.wmv

NINJA
emerald ice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
IDK if youre supposed to submit easter eggs hear, but...

Egg: I found a set of 2 energy sword with 2 dead grunts next to them on delta halo...
Pic: sorry, no pic Sad+
Level that you will find the egg on: Delta Halo
How to get to the egg: well, kinda hard to explain, but here i go: once you get to the open-air room with a small pool of water with a square rock in the middle, continue through the level to the next room. then keep going and you will be in another big open-air place. hug the far right wall and you will come to a large stone block with a tunnel behind it. move the rock any way you can, or jump on top of the rock, then to the platform to the right of you. grenade jump (with sputnik) to the platform above that, take a right then drop down to the platform below you, turn around, and go through the other end of the tunnel and snag a sword.
Meaning of the egg: just two swords two help you out, i guess... i havnt looked around the room much, it might say something on the walls, but i'm not sure.
Link including information about the egg: ????
Video of the egg: sorry, got no vid Sad

again, i dont know if youre supposed to submit eggs here, but i didnt find this in your list of eggs, so here you go.
UnlikelyHero

Location: Top Of Relic Tower. GT:UnlikelyHero432 ALT GT:RandomHero432

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Theres 4 floating objects on gj, behind the island where the control room is, if you look out into the distance where the picture of the big covey ship is, scan slowly to the right with a sniper and you will see strange objects floating out above the water. two of them look like the pillars on the outside part of gemini.
Cowbell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: two heritic banshees on GJ Reply with quote
im not 100% sure this is new, in fact im 99.99% sure its not, but i've noticed the heritic banshee isnt actually below the scarab, its back and to the scarabs right. the unmentioned part is that there is another heritic banshee back behind the scarab around where it made its last turn. the thing i havent tested is whether that one is invincible or not. and also the one that is invincible, for sure, is only if you are in it at the time. and i should mention that when i did it, i did it on easy. it is odd because i swear i recall seeing a vid on how to find it and it was directly under the scarab. im curious about whether difficulty affects this.

its late here, all my posts seem to be around four in the morning
you've done an awesome, AWESOME job with this swaheeli
thank you

Last edited by Cowbell on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Chaos Angel0123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't really know if this can shed any light, but i am a modder and while I was looking through all the maps the tag called [ugh!]Easter Egg has shown up on every one and under neath it is the words I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts. No one has found out what this means(from what I know) just thought I should say something
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
hiuy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: two heritic banshees on GJ Reply with quote
godisanathiest wrote:
im not 100% sure this is new, in fact im 99.99% sure its not, but i've noticed the heritic banshee isnt actually below the scarab, its back and to the scarabs right. the unmentioned part is that there is another heritic banshee back behind the scarab around where it made its last turn. the thing i havent tested is whether that one is invincible or not. and also the one that is invincible, for sure, is only if you are in it at the time. and i should mention that when i did it, i did it on easy. it is odd because i swear i recall seeing a vid on how to find it and it was directly under the scarab. im curious about whether difficulty affects this.

heyzz,-
look at my vehic collections you see that my coll on GJ do have 2 heritics,bud i recal that i had one time had 3 heritics on GJ. bud i can't remember if they are invincible.

Banshee hiuy Banshee
PhatHod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Hidden heritic banshee Reply with quote
The hidden heritic banshee on Great Journey is always there, in fact theres a couple on that level when your going to blast the door down, just wanted to let ya know
Asura

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
emerald ice; that's incredibly old.

unlikely hero; nevermind. I read your post completely wrong.

chaos angel; so in other words the same easter egg is placed in every level? 'Lovely bunch of coconuts' sounds a lot like the skulls. Odd. Is the egg simply placed in the levels or is it loaded by the levels? I don't have a modded XBox so I have no clue how you all do it, but if you can figure that much out it'd be a lot more help.

EDIT: Maybe another dialogue egg with IWHBYD. Has anyone else heard a Marine say something like 'The Covenant have found our home world and our only savior is a tin can with friendly fire problems'? There's more to it than that and it's phrased differently. Only heard it once, a few days ago.

Last edited by Asura on Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes!

To everyone who was complaining that most of the video links didn't work. That was because they were on frogblast's site and that site got taken down. I did not have sufficient time to go through and refilm or refind these videos, but..

Luckily, Frogblast's site is back up! So everyone who complained about the vid link's not working, they work now. Cool
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asura wrote:
unlikely hero; you probably blew those items into the ocean. It happens. Sometimes they float, sometimes they sink. On Metropolis for instance, they will float.

Ohhh, so wrong.
Dr. Purple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did You Mention The Floating Hat On Cario Station? If You Go To The Box At The Bottom Of The First Stairs You Will See A Box With A Hat On It. Melee The Box From Under It And The Hat Wont Move! Surprised
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr. Purple wrote:
Did You Mention The Floating Hat On Cario Station? If You Go To The Box At The Bottom Of The First Stairs You Will See A Box With A Hat On It. Melee The Box From Under It And The Hat Wont Move! Surprised

Yeah... that's not an egg. What you're seeing there is the programmers of the game deciding that the hat would be at one position, one 'point', and it would stay there. So, no matter what happens, it's going to stay there. It's more of a lack of physics (or a glitch) then it is an easter egg. I'm adding a definition to the term "easter egg" in the first post. So that more people will understand.

Thanks for trying to contribute though!
E.L.I.T.E.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
For Sacred Icon you could add the invinible grunt "herbie" egg.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lastmandown334

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can barely make out eyes on the warthog's taillights.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/4915392124.jpg&s=x4
Any level.
Just go to a warthog.
No meaning. Just a little something added in by Bungie.

Sorry people, I cant get the [img] thing to work, so i just posted a link to the site. thanks.
<# Swaheeli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lastmandown334 wrote:
You can barely make out eyes on the warthog's taillights.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=2/4915392124.jpg&s=x4
Any level.
Just go to a warthog.
No meaning. Just a little something added in by Bungie.

Sorry people, I cant get the [img] thing to work, so i just posted a link to the site. thanks.

Haha woah never really noticed that, Ill check it out today.
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did anyone mention the blood spot or the 'bloody marine' on Cairo Station ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MCspartan123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Relating to Hi Ben! in the credits it says as a producer quote,

"SIOHBOY, Stop playing on easy Ben!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo 2 CAMPAIGN Tricks Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: