HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Interview with Kealii Maluu [Jump Tactics Overlord]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » HIH Special Features Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Interview with Kealii Maluu [Jump Tactics Overlord] Reply with quote
This is my first interview, therefore duke I have started on someone relitavely small to HIH.

well, here it is.

Interview: Kealii Maluu
Interviewed by: ComicCoot

ComicCoot: Hey there maluu
Kealii maluu: hi
ComicCoot: Ok, so maluu. first of all could you tell me and HIH a little bit about yourself
ComicCoot: things such as your name, age
Kealii maluu: my name is Jeff Chavez (no im not mexican), i am 17 years old, and i live in Washington state
ComicCoot: not mexican eh, not that theres anything wrong with being mexican right
Kealii maluu: of course not...its just i would rather be known as my real ethnicity (hawaiian)
ComicCoot: ahh i see, very nice.
ComicCoot: just for those who have never heard of you, could you give a brief explanation of who your are on halo, and what you do?
ComicCoot: and why you have become so famous?
Kealii maluu: well i am known in the halo world as being one of the first halo 2 trickjumpers. I am also the overlord of the trickjumping clan Jump Tactics, the very first jumping clan.
ComicCoot: the first of many hundreds of trickjumping clans i might add
Kealii maluu: yes of course. i guess i would say i am so famous because i have contributed greatly to the concept of "skill jumping", this is where you simply jump to impress or demonstrate.
Kealii maluu: now a days, this has become extremely popular
ComicCoot: as we are aware
Kealii maluu: heh..yes there are hundreds now, its quite amazing
ComicCoot: truly. you say the clan is called "Jump Tactics", yet you say you jump to impress?
Kealii maluu: yes in the beginning we started jumping only to satisfy tactical needs, hence why our first two video had a "Tactical Jumping" section but i soon realized that skill jumping was where its at, and like many other tricking concepts, has unlimited progression.
ComicCoot: and do you think this contributed to it becoming so popular?
Kealii maluu: yes i think that people saw how much jumping could improve, which is what made it so popular, it is also simply visually impressive to watch, and when you watch these videos, you want to go and do them yourself after watching it.
Kealii maluu: now people jump simply to demonstrate the amount of skill thats involved, much like halo 1 warhog launching
ComicCoot: ahh, back in the good old days....
Kealii maluu: it is also a new "sport" in halo 2
ComicCoot: its amazing, a sport within halo, who would of thought it?
Kealii maluu: well, people needed something new to do
ComicCoot: and you were the one to bring it to them?
Kealii maluu: well some say they got hooked into jumping from jukes (the original jumper), some say they got into it from JT ep II, however i do believe the concept of skill jumping came from JT
ComicCoot: so it evolved to a new "skill" level when more people became interested in it
Kealii maluu: yes, the more amount of people that got into jumping, the more it progressed.
ComicCoot: i see
ComicCoot: one question that has been bugging me since i started this interview, as im sure many viewers have thought. what does your name, Kealii maluu mean/stand for?
Kealii maluu: well u already know that i am hawaiian, my hawaiian name is kahai maluu (my internet name). When i first starting playing halo 2, me and my bro shared a gamertag. so we combined our names to form Kealii maluu.
Kealii maluu: his hawaiian name is actually quite funny and interesting
ComicCoot: can you enlighten us?
Kealii maluu: lanakelakealiinuiokalani, kealii for short
Kealii maluu: therefore resulting in the GT Kealii maluu
ComicCoot: very clever!
Kealii maluu: pronounced KAY-UH-LEE-EE
Kealii maluu: not keelee...like most people say
ComicCoot: hmm... confusing, i think i'll stick to keelee if you don't mind Smile
Kealii maluu: =/
Kealii maluu: i like maluu
ComicCoot: sorry, anyway back to the interview
Kealii maluu: lol
ComicCoot: were there any role models who inspired you to jump like you do?
Kealii maluu: hmm thats a good question
ComicCoot: who got you into the crazed "sport"
Kealii maluu: well there was no individuals, however many things influenced me into making jumping videos
ComicCoot: such as?
Kealii maluu: first the idea of trickjumping came to me from CS (counter-strike)
Kealii maluu: playing on kz maps were loads of fun
ComicCoot: i see..
Kealii maluu: i loved the idea of jumping just for fun, not having to do with the real game
ComicCoot: a break from the horrible duty of, killing?
Kealii maluu: yes, because just killing people does have a limit to how good you can be at it, tricking does not.
Kealii maluu: i also loved anything that has some sort of progression to it
Kealii maluu: alot of real life tricking sports influence me as well, skateboarding, freestyle motox, things like that
ComicCoot: are skateboarding and freestyle motox included in your hobbies?
Kealii maluu: yes they are
Kealii maluu: i love any type of real life sport that has to do with tricking
Kealii maluu: glowsticking happens to be one of those as well
ComicCoot: it sounds like you are like most people, you crave attention then, to impress. A lot like me
Kealii maluu: hmm...ya i guess one who produces video only to show an audience would be defined as one who craves attention...although i am a very mellow and rather non-emotional person
ComicCoot: you sound like a nice guy. i think we had better wrap this interview up, but before we do, what can the HIH community expect from you in the near future?
Kealii maluu: well Jump Tactics, in the eyes of the viewers, has been pretty dead recently. This is do to many recent unfortunate events including anti noob moving to D.C for a job. But we are coming out with a new line of videos soon.
ComicCoot: Wow, that sounds awsome. Will it be an ep iv?
Kealii maluu: no, there will be no episode iv
ComicCoot: then what will you do instead?
Kealii maluu: we are now going to make mixes, kinda like jukes
Kealii maluu: this way we can release video more often
ComicCoot: so lots to look forward to! i can't wait
Kealii maluu: me neither, its going to be fun
ComicCoot: well its been nice talking to you
Kealii maluu: ya thanks for interviewing me!
Kealii maluu: cept there was no tea and crumpets...=/
ComicCoot: well I can’t send them via e-mail, sorry
Kealii maluu: shame….
ComicCoot: Bye
Kealii maluu: Cya

Last edited by Coot on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:45 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, nice.

You talked a bit too much about jumping rather than the man himself (in my opinion).

Other than that, just go through and write a final draft and this should be good to go. I saw a lot of grammatical errors there, and a few spelling errors, but hey, no one's perfect ^_^

Nicely done.
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah thats what i was thinking. Did it late last night so i was tired, mistakes happen when your tired Razz

and yes i agree about the too much about jupming
im thinking of re-doing the interview.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could just ask him a few more questions...

That's what I did with Boneho.
MainAdmin
Ogre Tamer
Ogre Tamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm very impressed. Very good job comic. Let me know when you're ready for this to go live, and I'll write it up. Smile
MainAdmin
Ogre Tamer
Ogre Tamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is this done?
Art Vandelay
:s
:s

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Make Kealii Maluu's name not so dark..I can't read it...
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
not quite done ducain, just adding a few more questions then its done. Will be done tomorrow hopefully.
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
done.
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Honestly, I still think there's work to be done. Just my opinion, but you should correct capitalization errors and silly abreviations before having this be posted.

example: cept
replace with: Except

I'd also say to add some empty lines in between sets of questions.

This looks pretty cluttered. Again, PURELY constructive criticism. Still a nice job.
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, this has been in the Private interview area long enough that I just had to get it outta there.

Enjoy folks. Comic's first and only interview Laughing

You know I'm joking man.

good morrow Rampancy
NewYorkTrigga101

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nice interveiw coot! i didnt know u were in interveiw staff...

EDIT : LoL since Oct 19th u guys kept this a secret huh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
like i said, this interview was sitting there ages, yet no-one would post it for me since only admins can post in this thread
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice Interview Coot! Very Happy

Good Job!
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think this interview was alright. You should have interviewed someone of more importance, and not just one of your friends.

~Maker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Coot
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
maker, he is not just one of my friends, thats a dumb thing to say, do you know who maluu is? He is the one who revolusionised jumping, without him jumping wouldnt be what it is today, he helped change halo!
<# Ben McA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, I hope to see more of these. Like maybe a new one every otherday (If you could keep up with doing that).

Nice.....
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maker, You haven't heard of Maluu yet?

Coot: Please put more attention into capitilisation of the beginning of Sentences and spelling. Smile

Otherwise good Job.
Cloud7654

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
<# Ben McA wrote:
Nice, I hope to see more of these. Like maybe a new one every otherday (If you could keep up with doing that).

Nice.....

Every other day would be quite a lot, since you have to take time to set up interviews and make the formatting good and everything of that nature.

About the interview,
Good job with it Coot! Finally, someone who has helped trick jumping progress more than most other people gets interviewed. And now I finally know how to pronounce Maluu's name. Razz I always thought it was like Kee-All-Eee Maluu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » HIH Special Features Section All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: