HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Thoughts on All Hallow's Eve

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on All Hallow's Eve Reply with quote
More commonly known as Halloween, this is when we celebrate dead people or witches or something (as common knowledge would have it). I doubt any of you who care about what it really is don't already know, so I'll spare you the boring stuff and get down to the mind fodder.

Alright, I know some (most) of us are past the age where Trick or Treating is "acceptable". Well, I say nay to "acceptable" and whatnot. I went out up to when I was 14 just for the hell of it. I got huge amounts of candy, and got to hang out with my friends in what I would wear if no one was looking (except for nothing...). Now, to be honest, my brother's band plays at parties and I go to them, and occassionally take a solo or play with them.

Just curious, how does everyone here celebrate? Or are you "too old" for it?

~Your local Musician

P.S. There is no too old for it. Maybe too old for trick or treating, but not an excuse to party...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tpm7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Too old, I think I'm going to scare llittle kids or something... I'm debating whether or not I can squeeze some candy out of the neighbourhood since like no kids are around here, but 15's a little old...

Last edited by tpm7 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
namtraCdesufnoC

Location: This is still C.c. I was screwing around with different letter types.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I am turning 13, but I will go out. I will probably freak out 7 year olds with my costume and such, but I definetely will go out.
dabears1020

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I go to parties rather than parading down the streets. That got old for me 5 years ago.
namtraCdesufnoC

Location: This is still C.c. I was screwing around with different letter types.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tpm7 wrote:
Too old, I think I'm going to scare llittle kids or something...

Same with me. I will actually make a table with a hole in it on my front porch, put a drape on the table with a hole in that too, cut a hole in a dinner tray, put a top on it, and tape a sign saying, "Take off the lid and take your candy!". I will have my head in there and will freak them out when they come.
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, Trick or Treating for me doesn't necessarily mean knocking on doors asking for candy, to me. It just means walking around, most likely with something on, like a Zoot Suit.

Halloween Parties = Where it's at if you are in High School, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nameless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't really do anything. I'm not big on eating candy, and not big on the theme of halloween itself.
Valor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm going to a party for Halloween.
F L A W L E S S.™

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will probably just end up watching old horror movies all night. I might do something with my friends, I don't really know.
CAT BAT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Halloween parties are t3h r0xXorZ, I love them, I'm too old for trick or treating lol
*Explodes while taking candies from the children*
(CC!)Phasmorphage

Location: <~(CC!)~> Working on the next episode of HIN. Playing Doom on my iPod Mini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Party!!

i dont watch horror movies, i just dont.

being 14, i have the choice of doing whatever the hell i want!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cheesepoof

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont know about you guys but for me Halloween means PRANKS AND PARTIES.

The day before Halloween our neighborhood looks like it snowed TP as almost every house is TP'd. At first people got mad and complained, but now they just accept it. As long as we dont egg the houses they said it was OK. Except for this crazy old guy who will call the cops on you if you try his house. He also has a crazy mean ass dog that could kill a friggen bear.

As for Halloween itself we all go to someones party and get wasted. Hell, Halloween is my favorite holliday besides the 4th. Also on top Halloween is the night I got a criminal record... but thats another story... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr N

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Trombone wrote:
Just curious, how does everyone here celebrate? Or are you "too old" for it?

I plead the 5th. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Otto Asine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
im 13...well, lets just say that the old tippman is going to be getting a workout....
NoFreakinWay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
*$ConfusedCartman$* wrote:

Same with me. I will actually make a table with a hole in it on my front porch, put a drape on the table with a hole in that too, cut a hole in a dinner tray, put a top on it, and tape a sign saying, "Take off the lid and take your candy!". I will have my head in there and will freak them out when they come.

That, sir, is the pwnzorz Smile
yoshiary

Location: Thornhill, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, behind you with the noob stick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tpm7 wrote:
Too old, I think I'm going to scare llittle kids or something... I'm debating whether or not I can squeeze some candy out of the neighbourhood since like no kids are around here, but 15's a little old...

15's not too old Wink. I'm going trick or treating with at least two of my friends, it'll be fun and stupid. Last year, instead of saying trick or treat we said things like 'happy ramadam!' 'merry easter!' 'happy communist's day!' 'Mazel Tov!'... Lol you get the idea, it was pretty funny, out of all the houses we went to only like... 2 or 3 of them noticed we were saying stupid things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rude Guyzer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dude! Last Halloween was awesome, me and about 5 mates got up on the roof of my house, and waterbombed kids that came to our house Razz

And then we started wandering the neighborhood with water guns, and there were about 10 guys walking around doing the same thing. There ended up being a huge-ass water war. We pissed off all the neighbors doing it, too Twisted Evil
deathblast18

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm 18 and I still going trick or treating Laughing
Swedishmartin
Swedish Dude
Swedish Dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trick or treating is RETARDED. Lemme tell you why...

Here in Sweden, the tradition is semi-common, which makes trick or treating unacceptable. For example, if I didn't buy any candy (because I didn't know that anyone was gonna go here) I'm guaranteed to have a broken window sooner or later.

Also, trick-or-treating has transformed from "go out and beg to have some candy" to "scare children with various creepy latex masks and cat-eye contact lenses". Really, it's easy to be frightened! (For me at least.)

Therefore: If Trick+treat equals X, (Frightening-fun)+X=RETARDED!

~Swedey
Gage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't really mind "trick-or-treating" but parties is my answer!

Nothing like getting drunk and then going to your GF's place...
Kalos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, most of the halloween parties around here don't start 'til like 8 or so.. and trick or treating in my town is regulated for 6-8, so I usually dress up like a freak go get some candy with a few friends, and then hit a party with a sack filled with sugary snacks because let's face it, no matter how old you are, free candy is still free candy.
<# guncow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha ya...I don't think ducain would approve if I wrote down what I'm doin..
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, alright, for future reference, if you do something illegal *cough*, then just put "I Plead the Fifth". But yeah, a bunch of that stuff goes down in my 'hood. I try to just avoid it, but sometimes if I see a little kid (like, 7th or 8th grade) do something really stupid, I'll grab them, call the cops, and hold them till the cops get there.

I once saw a 7th grader run up to a moving car, open the passenger seat door and try to hop in. Needless to say, I did my civic duty, and tackled him. I called the cops, and they showed up and he started crying. Teehee, they called his mommy...

But yeah, normally my friends and I just go to parties or I play with my brother's band at them. It's quality stuff.

~Your local Musician
Tacki Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, we don't celebrate Halloween anymore, which is fine with me, because I hate it. Although I do have to go to Chucky Cheese every year with my family which is even worse.

It has to be my least favorite holiday. Costumes should only be worn at conventions.
Delta XOOO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me and my mates usually buy a stack of horror films and batteries and bring the port DVD player outside in to the huge field in a dark corner (out of bounds of course we have to hope the guy who owns the field doesn't catch us) watch some films then go "treating" the trick or treaters by giving em a scare on the streets then we sometimes dress in care bear suits and go rampaging throuigh the streets knocking each other over like retards XD
Corndog

Location: Stealing your xbox so i might be able to afford a 360 GT: Corndog3491

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Otto Asine wrote:
im 13...well, lets just say that the old tippman is going to be getting a workout....

Exactly what im doing........ Twisted Evil
Kalos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Corndog wrote:
Otto Asine wrote:

You are aware that shooting someone with a paintball gun who does not conset to playing is considered assault with a deadly weapon? (at least in my state)

but it would still be AWESOME!
Corndog

Location: Stealing your xbox so i might be able to afford a 360 GT: Corndog3491

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
GlitchfinderKalos wrote:
Corndog wrote:
Otto Asine wrote:

You are aware that shooting someone with a paintball gun who does not conset to playing is considered assault with a deadly weapon? (at least in my state)

but it would still be AWESOME!

Oh, im shooting it unloaded with the C02. Its pretty loud and Loud=Scare
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Otto, it seems like you'd be one of the kids I'd have to lay down the good samaritan smack down on. Very Happy

I'm sorry, is there something wrong with me? I just hate when little kids are complete punks and trash people's houses and things. I wonder how you would like it if someone tossed a sign through your car's windshield when you have a car? (happened to my friend)

Just because Halloween is an excuse to have fun, doesn't mean that you need to have fun by vandalizing stuff.

~Your local Musician
Delta XOOO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is that directed at me? (Trombone) cause we don't do taht we just go crazy through the town once we got bags of candy got on bikes and put some dirt clods in a bad attached to em and fired em at trick or treaters I mean hey!, they get free candy we get rampage bowling fun?, hell yes

Last edited by Delta XOOO on Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otto Asine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im going to be shooting my friends. I know the neighborhood they live in, and they've told me where they're meeting. I also know what most of them are going to dress up as. They wont sue me, and they'll just laugh, believe me.

I would never do anything that could get me sued...most of the time, anyway.

i just hope that none of my friends read this, though. Then there wont be a surprise.
Delta XOOO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is that directed at me? cause we don't do taht we just go crazy through the town once we got bags of candy got on bikes and put some dirt clods in a bad attached to em and fired em at trick or treaters I mean hey!, they get free candy we get rampage bowling fun?, hell yes
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
To the paintballers:
If it's just at your friends and whatnot, that's fine. It's just if you paintball someone's house, or someone's property...you = a terrible person.

Very Happy

~Your local Musician
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm a ghost this year.

Dye my hair white + wear a bunch of white + white makeup = scaring small children.

Oh and my annual Pumpkinshroomhead Jack-O-Lantern carving. Twisted Evil

I can post a pic from last year if you guys want... (even though it's kind of a crappy pic)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AggressiveGrunt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
im just gonna grab a bag a candy, and go around scaring little kids the rest of the night
ExplodingStick

Location: Chilling with Jebus,ImplodingStick and Josey Scott on planet Namek GT: ExplodingStick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me and my friends are gonna watch SAW 2, then go to a haunted house, then finally hit a party till 1:00 a.m.
It's gonna be pretty fun. HAPPY HALO-WEEN
Spawn of Walt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wont be Trick or Treating because the 5th graders leave on Halloween to go to Bradford Woods
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: