HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

A geuss from Me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: A geuss from Me Reply with quote
Speedrunning is about getting it done in significant times, like 2 hours, for Halo and Halo 2.

What´s next and what's possible?

For halo 2: We still need to get within 2 hours

For halo 1: I think its going to be 1.30 hours, but 90 minutes looks cooler.

I think the limit of the two games is about 1 hour and 15 minutes, but that would be in easy, and maybe with co-op. And this is for both games, who are so close togheter if it's about speedrunning total time. 1.15 hour that's almost 77 minutes! That would be a cool milestone Smile

ps- I can speedrun again when I got a friends xbox, and I use a DVD to capture it, it's really easy and good quality Smile
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i read the subject and thought u had a goose from u to all of us.
cept i kinda didnt really want a goose.
so i was hoping u meant guess.

and then i started thinkin 77 minutes would be awesome.
i think we should make a video of the game being done in exactly 77 minutes,
then send it to bungie with a note saying "see, people would rather play
halo 1 campaign than halo 2 on live... STILL"

cept unfortunately i dont think 77 minutes is possible.
i did a rough calculation of the current lowest times on whichever difficulty
and came up with 86 minutes. i even cut a few minutes off thinking some runs
can be imporved if done on easy versus the current leg time.
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

Location: London Ontario Canada - 'it's a fact' Miss Universe 1982 was from London

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
good to see you're out of retirement WLT - your next assignment - should you choose to accept it - will involve the Legendary running of a level that has the same name as the game - or alternately - a newer Legendary level that sounds like a horror movie title - these tasks will be extremely dangerous - you will most likely die - but should you succeed your name will be held in reverence for all time - this message will self destruct in 10 seconds.............
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
as seen from 35 lightminutes away...

BOOOM!!!
themann1086

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
NOKYARD wrote:
good to see you're out of retirement WLT - your next assignment - should you choose to accept it - will involve the Legendary running of a level that has the same name as the game - or alternately - a newer Legendary level that sounds like a horror movie title - these tasks will be extremely dangerous - you will most likely die - but should you succeed your name will be held in reverence for all time - this message will self destruct in 10 seconds.............

You will most likely die a LOT...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spartan991

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
*walks over to take a sample of the remains of the self destructing letter and then takes the sample to the lab for testing* JK

good point 77 would be schweet, Im new to speedrunning and hope to get into it, currently working on regret, hopefully H2 under 2 will happen soon.
slYnki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
77 minutes seems reasonable to me. I'd gladly help out with that project Razz

Doing Halo on all these difficulties seems like a really fun project to do. Legendary is on its way to completion, so this may be a fun project to take on for fun in the future.

I wonder what the actual time would be though..... hmm. I can get Guilty Spark sub 6 (high hopes), and I just achieved a 13:48 for The Library on Easy, so it could potentially be pretty low.

Oh and by the way, welcome to speedrunning, Spartan.
timo1023

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
77 minutes would be really really awesome, but I don't think it is possible. I'm not sure about co-op, though, because I have never looked into that.

Some people need to finish their runs and submit them....
THJ1313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With the new Metro time up on the main page Halo 2 has to get on or below a 23:49 run on gravemind then it will be under 2 hours. The Halo 2 under 2 hours hasn't been updated in a while probably because of the radical changes that have happened recently, but I did the math just now and that's pretty accurate.
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

Location: London Ontario Canada - 'it's a fact' Miss Universe 1982 was from London

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
THJ1313 wrote:
new Metro time up on the main

did anyone get a chance to DL that run before mythica went down?
i knew my time could be improved by around 30 seconds when i strung together my fastest segments, but i released the 5:08 run just to get it out there - if anyone downloaded it please send me a pm so you can upload it to my ftp site - i love to see this run

or if anyone knows how to contact Matt Clarkson, maybe he could find an alternate host and start a new topic so we can comment...
scurty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the run on my computer if you want to PM me Nokyard, although mythica is online for me right now..

23:43 left to do Gravemidn according to my addings.. close enough anyway.
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
just wanna bring this thread back from the dead
cuz WLT's idea is becoming a reality, but without the co-op!! Very Happy
thanks for the very cool idea... even if bungie doesnt care for it,
it will be a fun video to watch once it's all compiled, timed, credited...
all that good stuff.

so thanks again to WLT for coming up with such an appealing goal,
or else i never would have had something to keep myself occupied.
also thanks to everyone who stayed interested and is still contributing
to the project... i know it's a little early to say all this... but im sure it's
gonna happen real soon.
WLT
Shakeycam Dude
Shakeycam Dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could thank you too guys, for making all those great halo 1 Runs. So thanks Insidious, Slynki and scurty, and others but you are basicly the three main H1 speedrunners. But if we make a final movie how long would that have to be? Just the Highlights? And with music and editing, or just the RAW footage?
slYnki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dunno what's gonna happen with the final movie m'self, insidi0us and Nokyard seem to be the movie men Razz.

And you're welcome Smile. Can't believe I'm already regarded as one of the main H1 runners.... Cool stuff. And Halo in 77 was too good a project to pass up, I'm glad to be one of the main runners in it. I'll bring you guys some runs soon Smile.
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well... the movie would probably end up being about 85 minutes long.
intro and selecting the first map, cutscenes and end credits...
i dunno what to do about all the cutscenes. certainly, u wouldnt wanna sit thru and watch all these cutscenes you've seen for 4 years.
so i figure, if theyre skippable, they should be skipped... if not, i could just make whichever credits are
there just last a little longer. of course i'll be re-recording quite a few of the cutscenes to get it all edited correctly, but thats fine, ill do my best to match all the qualities so it doesnt end up lookin silly.

if u guys wanna talk about details, this might not be a bad place to do it.
however it may make sense to carry this over to the 77 thread... just cuz all the info will be in one place if it gets discussed.
i'll write up a little picture-less story board, and post it when i have a fairly solid plan.
slYnki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, you're gonna have to tell me how to record my runs. The way I always record The Library is keeping that first little scene in for awhile, just because I love that damn sound. Should I keep the entire scene in where the camera flies up to me and I teleport in? I don't really think so. Guilty Spark is fine for the beginning, and end. T&R however, I'll try and keep the ending cutscene in. I usually mash A for some reason, so I'll try to remember not to do that Razz.
NOKYARD
That Delta Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i usually keep the tape running after a successfull run (while i take a victory lap of the house) just so that it's easier to find on the tape later
scurty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, this is the thread where the 77 minutes time came from.. I forgot about it :)

Also, Cody is currently working on T&R legendary so he could be included in the H1 speed runners thing.. although I'm thinking you meant for the Halo in 77.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Victory lap...lmao.

I'm not sure how you'd get many people to download a 85 minute video (As usual I'm being stupid, what about Cody's Legendary Run?). I wonder if there are any points in the runs that could be sped up a bit and make the vid a bit shorter...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, it's a pain in the ass every time u restart to sit and watch the cutscene again when all u wanna do is try playing thru the level again.
(i hated doing silent cart Sad)
i figured if im gonna be putting all the vids together, i can just edit the cutscenes in. ill just record them again and stick them in front or back of whichever runs need it.
i also have a tendency to stop the recording before very much of the endscene plays becuz i get paranoid my computer is going to crash
right at that moment... so i stop it only a few seconds into each cutscene.

so all in all... just do whats easy... do what you've been doing.
as long as i dont hafta edit your gameplay, lol, everything should be fine.
im gonna wanna mess with every cutscene in every map anyway, to make the credits end right when the level begins. im gonna be anal like that, throughout the whole process of making it, so dont worry how u record it.

and eternal - i plan on making a torrent out of it. and if ur really interested in it, you'll download it. if not, dont. it doesnt bother me much, i just know there are SOME who wanna see it. besides, when ur downloading a torrent, u know it takes a while, so u just kick it off overnight. they go faster if a lot of people are downloading/seeding.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: