HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The Official TRICK Jumping Q/A Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlashRF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
afiq980 wrote:
how do you do a superbounce, is that supposed to be a jump?

For the last time, Everybody

NO QUESTIONS ON SUPERBOUNCING IN THIS THREAD

Sorry
Reidon

Location: Helping at the Jumping Discussion | GT: Reidon <360

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slash I was board so I updated you're sticky a bit. I added each question that has been answered here so people wont have to look far Smile

Code:
[size=18][color=red]The Jumping Q/A thread[/color]
[/size]
[size=9]Edited by Reidon[/size]

OK, So this is a Q/A thread for jumping, Here you will ask questions about jumping(of course).

OK so every question you ask I will answer them and record them here on my first post.

You can ask any question at all about trick jumping, You can ask questions such as "What is a good technique I can use for that jump", Or "Whats the RyanL jump".

Ask Any question you want to.

[u][color=red][size=18]Questions[/size][/color][/u]

Q: What is the Broncho Long Jump

A: Here is a video showing the [url=http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Movie-166.wmv] Broncho Long Jump[/url]

[b][color=black][size=18]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/color][/b]

Q: Can you give me some tips on performing the Broncho long jump on lockout?

A:  OK, for the broncho long jump there is not that much I can say, OK so first of make sure that when you are on the pillar thing where you start you are starting on the flat part and not the slanted part, OK now once you run do the LATEST jump possible, Once in mid air do NOT hold crouch wait until you get to the end of the jump to hold crouch, Once you get to the ledge you will have to perform a save jump, If you do not know what a save is well then read this Courtesy of Kealii Maluu from www.jumptactics.net :

So there is this term known as kneecapping. Its where you get so close to the ledge, so close you are on it, but you somehow slip off, I'm sure you have done this before. This act of "slipping" is when you are touching the sinking point of the ledge. The sinking point makes all ledges slippery on the edges.

Whenever you "kneecap" a jump and you start to slip backwards, the moment you feel yourself slip, jump. Obviously you are holding forward since you are trying to reach that ledge, so keep holding forward as you save. You will notice that when you jump while slipping back you actually travel backwards, not forwards, in turn making you bounce straight off of the ledge.

However, if you continue to hold forward, the extra airtime you get after the save will allow you to revert your momentum back in to the forward motion, with this you will travel farther forward and land completely on the ledge.

So...kneecap a ledge, when you start to slip off jump while holding forward, land on the ledge.

Some things to remember
- You can only save when you kneecap a ledge.
- You can do multiple saves if you did not gain enough forward momentum, just keep holding forward and pressing A and you slip
- Never let go of forward when saving until you have enough momentum
- If you cannot even get to the point of kneecapping you need to late-jump better. Remember a save is a backup if your late-jump is not good enough. The really hard long jumps require the use of both techniques though.

[b][color=black][size=18]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/color][/b]

Q. [color=orange]Is it true that when performing a long jump, if you crouch once or twice along with the final crouch that it helps you stay up just a little bit longer?[/color]
A. Here is a good long jumping tutorial of [b]ComicCoot[/b]

[size=18][color=orange][u][b]Here's a small tutorial how to long jump:[/b][/u][/color][/size]

•Find a suitable jump to start off on, a good jump to try is on ivory tower

•Note this is a hard jump. To start off stand a few steps back from the edge to get a small run up.

•Point A indicates the invisible SMALL ledge which sticks out enabling you to long jump. I suggest you to look down to start so you can see when to jump.

•After a few tries you will become clearer on where to jump.

•Point B indicates the "save" area. A save is a part of a long jump but is not always needed. As you may have sometimes seen when someone saves they appear to jump in the air when on no ledge.

•To save simple: Crouch and press A just as your about to make the jump, you probably wont make the jump no-save to start, so you will get close to the ledge and eventually be able to save it. Once you have mastered this your on a roll!

•Note that this IS a hard jump for the best of us, however stick it out and I'm sure you will get it sometime :)

Image tutorial

[img]http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/349/08/ivoryujump1134740816.JPG[/img][u][color=orange][/color][size=18][/size][/u][size=12][/size][/quote]

[b][color=black][size=18]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/color][/b]

ZAKK Asked:

[list][color=orange]Q. How do u do Reidons slide on warlock...From jump tactics mix 1?[/color]

A. The slide is NOT impossible on an NTSC Xbox just a lot harder.

PAL : Can slide better, But not from a height. Example.

[u][color=orange]NTSC Xbox[/color][/u]
Colossus: Slide from the sniper spawn down the ramp to a base Red or Blue

Ascension: Sniper tower down the ramp by the big rock.

These two slides are very hard for a PAL Xbox.

Also

Super Bounces are hard for PAL Xbox as well not impossible just very hard.

[u][color=orange]PAL Xbox[/color][/u]:
Can get a lot of Speed/Height of slides that NTSC Xbox need height for.[/list]

ZAKK Asked:

[list]Q. [color=orange]What kind of mods does maluu use?[/color]
A. Infinite health mod for stacking.[/list]

feveredrhyme Asked.

[list][color=orange]Q. wats the diff between pal xbox and ntsc?[/color]
A. [i]Games which require 60hz to play properly would be an NTSC xbox game running on a PAL xbox. For example HOTD3 requires 60hz because the gun is expecting a 60hz refresh rate to work its timings out, but a PAL xbox defaults to playing the game at a slower speed and in 50hz and thus the gun won't fire properly on most shots. Another example of something which requires 60hz would be an NTSC n64 rom playing on ultraXLE - the original game's timings are designed for 60hz NOT 50hz.[/i]

[size=9]I got this off [url=http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/mixed-pal-disk.php]Xbox-Scene.com[/url][/size][/list]

Reiko Ninja said: [b]PAL runs at 26. something fps (frames per second). NTSC runs at 29.97fps.[/b]

Anubis and Ra Asked.

Q. [color=orange]can someone give me some good instructions on how to do the jump slide trick?? [/color]
A. [size=18][color=orange][b]here's a small tutorial of how to slide:[/b][/color][/size]

•[u]Get to a point where there is a slide available [/u]: Example - Top of colossus where the sniper spawns and look down to the right of the teleporter there is a ramp.

•Jump towards this slide area so you land about half way down the ramp or before, before hitting the ramp in the air make sure you crouch.

•Near the end of the ramp you will stop sliding, before this happens jump up and crouch again to make it onto the ledge as displayed in the pic.

Hope this helped!

[image tutorial]

[img]http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/349/08/colojump1134740254.JPG[/img]

[i]omg sticky! -supernostro[/i]

Thanks Nostro.

You do not have to use it, just trying to help out Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SlashRF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reidon wrote:
Slash I was board so I updated you're sticky a bit. I added each question that has been answered here so people wont have to look far Smile

Code:
[size=18][color=red]The Jumping Q/A thread[/color]
[/size]
[size=9]Edited by Reidon[/size]

OK, So this is a Q/A thread for jumping, Here you will ask questions about jumping(of course).

OK so every question you ask I will answer them and record them here on my first post.

You can ask any question at all about trick jumping, You can ask questions such as "What is a good technique I can use for that jump", Or "Whats the RyanL jump".

Ask Any question you want to.

[u][color=red][size=18]Questions[/size][/color][/u]

Q: What is the Broncho Long Jump

A: Here is a video showing the [url=http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Movie-166.wmv] Broncho Long Jump[/url]

Q: Can you give me some tips on performing the Broncho long jump on lockout?

A:  OK, for the broncho long jump there is not that much I can say, OK so first of make sure that when you are on the pillar thing where you start you are starting on the flat part and not the slanted part, OK now once you run do the LATEST jump possible, Once in mid air do NOT hold crouch wait until you get to the end of the jump to hold crouch, Once you get to the ledge you will have to perform a save jump, If you do not know what a save is well then read this Courtesy of Kealii Maluu from www.jumptactics.net :

So there is this term known as kneecapping. Its where you get so close to the ledge, so close you are on it, but you somehow slip off, I'm sure you have done this before. This act of "slipping" is when you are touching the sinking point of the ledge. The sinking point makes all ledges slippery on the edges.

Whenever you "kneecap" a jump and you start to slip backwards, the moment you feel yourself slip, jump. Obviously you are holding forward since you are trying to reach that ledge, so keep holding forward as you save. You will notice that when you jump while slipping back you actually travel backwards, not forwards, in turn making you bounce straight off of the ledge.

However, if you continue to hold forward, the extra airtime you get after the save will allow you to revert your momentum back in to the forward motion, with this you will travel farther forward and land completely on the ledge.

So...kneecap a ledge, when you start to slip off jump while holding forward, land on the ledge.

Some things to remember
- You can only save when you kneecap a ledge.
- You can do multiple saves if you did not gain enough forward momentum, just keep holding forward and pressing A and you slip
- Never let go of forward when saving until you have enough momentum
- If you cannot even get to the point of kneecapping you need to late-jump better. Remember a save is a backup if your late-jump is not good enough. The really hard long jumps require the use of both techniques though.

[b][color=black][size=18]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/color][/b]

Q. [color=orange]Is it true that when performing a long jump, if you crouch once or twice along with the final crouch that it helps you stay up just a little bit longer?[/color]
A. Here is a good long jumping tutorial of [b]ComicCoot[/b]

[size=18][color=orange][u][b]Here's a small tutorial how to long jump:[/b][/u][/color][/size]

•Find a suitable jump to start off on, a good jump to try is on ivory tower

•Note this is a hard jump. To start off stand a few steps back from the edge to get a small run up.

•Point A indicates the invisible SMALL ledge which sticks out enabling you to long jump. I suggest you to look down to start so you can see when to jump.

•After a few tries you will become clearer on where to jump.

•Point B indicates the "save" area. A save is a part of a long jump but is not always needed. As you may have sometimes seen when someone saves they appear to jump in the air when on no ledge.

•To save simple: Crouch and press A just as your about to make the jump, you probably wont make the jump no-save to start, so you will get close to the ledge and eventually be able to save it. Once you have mastered this your on a roll!

•Note that this IS a hard jump for the best of us, however stick it out and I'm sure you will get it sometime :)

Image tutorial

[img]http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/349/08/ivoryujump1134740816.JPG[/img][u][color=orange][/color][size=18][/size][/u][size=12][/size][/quote]

ZAKK Asked:

[list][color=orange]Q. How do u do Reidons slide on warlock...From jump tactics mix 1?[/color]

A. The slide is NOT impossible on an NTSC Xbox just a lot harder.

PAL : Can slide better, But not from a height. Example.

[u][color=orange]NTSC Xbox[/color][/u]
Colossus: Slide from the sniper spawn down the ramp to a base Red or Blue

Ascension: Sniper tower down the ramp by the big rock.

These two slides are very hard for a PAL Xbox.

Also

Super Bounces are hard for PAL Xbox as well not impossible just very hard.

[u][color=orange]PAL Xbox[/color][/u]:
Can get a lot of Speed/Height of slides that NTSC Xbox need height for.[/list]

ZAKK Asked:

[list]Q. [color=orange]What kind of mods does maluu use?[/color]
A. Infinite health mod for stacking.[/list]

feveredrhyme Asked.

[list][color=orange]Q. wats the diff between pal xbox and ntsc?[/color]
A. [i]Games which require 60hz to play properly would be an NTSC xbox game running on a PAL xbox. For example HOTD3 requires 60hz because the gun is expecting a 60hz refresh rate to work its timings out, but a PAL xbox defaults to playing the game at a slower speed and in 50hz and thus the gun won't fire properly on most shots. Another example of something which requires 60hz would be an NTSC n64 rom playing on ultraXLE - the original game's timings are designed for 60hz NOT 50hz.[/i]

[size=9]I got this off [url=http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/mixed-pal-disk.php]Xbox-Scene.com[/url][/size][/list]

Reiko Ninja said: [b]PAL runs at 26. something fps (frames per second). NTSC runs at 29.97fps.[/b]

Anubis and Ra Asked.

Q. [color=orange]can someone give me some good instructions on how to do the jump slide trick?? [/color]
A. [size=18][color=orange][b]here's a small tutorial of how to slide:[/b][/color][/size]

•[u]Get to a point where there is a slide available [/u]: Example - Top of colossus where the sniper spawns and look down to the right of the teleporter there is a ramp.

•Jump towards this slide area so you land about half way down the ramp or before, before hitting the ramp in the air make sure you crouch.

•Near the end of the ramp you will stop sliding, before this happens jump up and crouch again to make it onto the ledge as displayed in the pic.

Hope this helped!

[image tutorial]

[img]http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/349/08/colojump1134740254.JPG[/img]

[i]omg sticky! -supernostro[/i]

Thanks Nostro.

You do not have to use it, just trying to help out Smile

Redion, I don't know how to thank you enough, You have been nothing more than help since the day I met you. You are the best.

<3 Reidon. You should DEFINANTLY be a Moderator, You help out everyone, On HiH and everywhere.

Thanks
iH~Z4KK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slash...exactly what do i need to mod like you and maluu do...Its so cool and i wanna try and do it

Plz tell me EXACTLY what i need?

plz
Reidon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ZAKK wrote:
Slash...exactly what do i need to mod like you and maluu do...Its so cool and i wanna try and do it

plz

This should not be asked here or anywhere else on HiH, you wont get help here, sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Id1oT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LoF_Z4KK wrote:

plz

Modding can be dangwerous to your xbox you can break it quite easily and its not as easy as you think to get the mods you won't get youranswer here on hih though and this is not even a "Jump" Question
supernostro
omgwtfbbq?!
omgwtfbbq?!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why cant people get answers to superbounce questions? This is something that is covered by this forum section afterall. Did you recently change the title?
FattyMaghee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: sf Reply with quote
How do you do a spin (180, 360) and still move forward?
Ghost Faction

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
JT|SlashRF wrote:
Ok, I would love to help you but this is a sticky specifficaly for jumping, Try the q/a thread in MP Tricks discusion, Sorry for the inconvenince

Wohhhh

Your wrong to think thats what my Q and A Sticky is for

supernostro wrote:
Why cant people get answers to superbounce questions? This is something that is covered by this forum section afterall. Did you recently change the title?

Me... and nostro... agree?
iH~Z4KK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well its sort have to do with juming because maluu uses the mod to do the jumps and i want to get it....I just want to know how to start off
A1L21|SwiZzLe DiZzLe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you do curver jumps really good, because I suck @ them. Shocked Shocked
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
FattyMaghee wrote:

Pretty simple my friend. Turn your left analogue stick to coordinate with the spin. When turning to 180, start to turn the left analogue stick to the direction of the landing. Well, I do that. Try putting your look sensitivity to insane too. Helps for stack slides.
BigDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lockout: has anyone jumped from on top of the two high beams above lockout onto the sniper tower? i have tried but i suck and cant do it... if u can or have found a vid send me the link

BigDaddy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
Reiko|Stack Skizzles wrote:
FattyMaghee wrote:

Pretty simple my friend. Turn your left analogue stick to coordinate with the spin. When turning to 180, start to turn the left analogue stick to the direction of the landing. Well, I do that. Try putting your look sensitivity to insane too. Helps for stack slides.

Actually, Reiko, I don't think that affects anything. I can do any jump with a spin, and complete it either way. I think the turning of the left analog is just painful on my thumb.

And1legend, to do a curve jump, think like you are doing a late jump, because in essence, you are. You need to be over the edge when you jump, or else you won't make the curve (unless it's a really easy one). Say I am doing a flat plane curvejump, like around a pillar. I just run straight at it, and at the last second, side-step off whatever I am standing on, and then late-jump. I hope that helped.

BigDaddy, I think so, but I don't have proof right now.
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So left analogue makes no difference?
The Trombone
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you are on 10 sensitivity (which I am on whenever I play Halo), then you should spin too quick for it to really do anything whatsoever. I sometimes have a harder time because my left analog stick doesn't swing all the way around as fast as I spin when I try that method, actually. Too much stress on my ol' thumbs.
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
No wonder my left thumb is ripped to shreds then Sad Thanks.
iH~Z4KK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
?????????
JA ~ mike590

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alrite, I have been trying to overjump for about 3 hours now, and have not gotten it once. Is there sumthing in particular u have to do to get this to work? I notice in the video, it seems the hit the ledge and then jump, kinda like they hesitate the jump for a fraction of a second. Is this true or do they jump immediatly and my 20/10 vision for the first time failing me?

Sincerely
Mike590

The Streetlight is always on.
The Xander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I would like to know how to Overjump as well.
PinkLlama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigDaddy wrote:
Lockout: has anyone jumped from on top of the two high beams above lockout onto the sniper tower? i have tried but i suck and cant do it... if u can or have found a vid send me the link

BigDaddy

Yes it is possible with a plasma grenade.
first u stand on the ledgein front of you when u come up to get sniper. You throw a plasma grenade and grenade jump on the antenna thing. Then face forwards and u can jump on the little edge then jump on the top.

if u dont get it u can add me as a friend and ill show . im on the east coast
GT: PartyPirate
JA ~ mike590

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alrite, after much practice, i have been able to do the 2 most easy overjumps. The one on terminal and the one on ivory tower. Also, i ahev gotten very close on others. Ne 1 still having trouble, in the overjumping thread there is a great tut on page 5 so go cheeck that out. Now i have a new question. I am able to overjump about 1 out of every 5 attempts. But, i only land the overjump 1 out of every 5 overjumps. Thats like 25 tries!!! But i no that the first 4 r overjumps and r done correctly cause i still go higher than a regular high jump, just barely missing the ledge.

Q. Is there some way to overjump higher than usual allowing you to actually complete it on purpose or is it a random event that must be practiced constantly?

Also, somewhat related:

Q.For different overjumps, do you need to memorize when to jump or after much practice are you able to actually judge when to jump?

Thank you for reading this huge post.

Sincderely
Mike590

7oas7y

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is 'hooche'? I assume it's a type of jump but I have NOOO idea... Any help??
DrunkenPenquin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
7oas7y wrote:
What is 'hooche'? I assume it's a type of jump but I have NOOO idea... Any help??

It's a small place that you could only fit in if u crouched in there like on turf with some of the buildings they have those indentions on them
LittLeBunny2o5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's good music for Jumping Vids? Would Gorillaz be good, or parts of different songs and genres be good?
JA ~ mike590

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A hooche is a a tiny spot u have to crouch to get into, like the buildings on turf or the windows by the sword on Lockout.

Overjumping advice ne1?

Sincerely
Mike590

Id1oT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
FattyMaghee wrote:

Thats not true i wouldn't see how it would help with rgsl( Rocket granade sliding, which is differnt to stacking) because you never really have to turn when you go in the air and you don't have to slide backwards when you do it either but it is a good idea when you need to go the distance
FattyMaghee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
Id1oT wrote:
FattyMaghee wrote:

Thats not true i wouldn't see how it would help with rgsl( Rocket granade sliding, which is differnt to stacking) because you never really have to turn when you go in the air and you don't have to slide backwards when you do it either but it is a good idea when you need to go the distance

I feel so awesome knowing I caused this discussion. Laughing
7oas7y

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
FattyMaghee wrote:
Id1oT wrote:
FattyMaghee wrote:

I feel so awesome knowing I caused this discussion. Laughing

I'm so proud knowing I'm 'IN' this discussion Very Happy
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
Id1oT wrote:
FattyMaghee wrote:

Have you seen my tricking vid? Or have you seen Hermanitis or maluu doing rocket slides? We all turn backwards to shoot because it gives you so much more distance. The only point of the grenade is to give you a little air.
SlashRF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mike590 wrote:
A hooche is a a tiny spot u have to crouch to get into, like the buildings on turf or the windows by the sword on Lockout.

Overjumping advice ne1?

Sincerely
Mike590

A Jump Tactics video tutorial is coming out Very soon, Look out for it.
Id1oT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: sf Reply with quote
Id1oT wrote:
FattyMaghee wrote:

Have you seen my tricking vid? Or have you seen Hermanitis or maluu doing rocket slides? We all turn backwards to shoot because it gives you so much more distance. The only point of

Yea i am fairly talented at Rocket nade slides so yea i know how to do things and ask any of them you don't have to turn backwards i myself mostly do but Slash rf doesn't really and you wouldn't need a high sensitivty to turn around it time

~Id1oT
lawnmowercat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but what the heck is a save?

and is sword flying dark helmet style covered here? cuz I can't quite find the info I'm looking for on how to do it.
drex9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lawnmowercat wrote:
hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but what the heck is a save?

and is sword flying dark helmet style covered here? cuz I can't quite find the info I'm looking for on how to do it.

a save happens when you fall just short of a jump, and u tap A as you are about to fall at the right moment and u will "save" the jump u just tried. it is used alot for long jumps. It takes timeing to get a good save.

im sure Maluu or someone else will have a better explaination so ill keep it at that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SlashRF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look at the first post mb?
BigDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have a hard time doing the burial mounds sb by the covenant sniper could any one help me out
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SlashRF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read Title......

This is a TRICK jumping thread not SUPER bouncing thread

Sorry.
M4C

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: q/a topic Reply with quote
could n e 1 help me on getting on top of the wheel on zanzibar Question
M4C

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
BigDaddy wrote:
i have a hard time doing the burial mounds sb by the covenant sniper could any one help me out

check out this thread for super bouncin http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=85567
tiz da shiznet for super bouncin <_<
laxmasta101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How do you superjump? (like what buttons do you press when yadayadayada)
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's not some combo you press.

If you want to locate a superbounce, exit your friends list and look for the texture differences while they mess up a bit. Next, you want to find somewhere to crouch under that will hold you in the crouch position. Last but not least, find somewhere with a sufficient amount of height to jump from and try to land on your texture difference.

I suggest you watch bounce vids for a bit of visual help.
Reidon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
laxmasta101 wrote:
How do you superjump? (like what buttons do you press when yadayadayada)

Bam.
laxmasta101

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reiko Ninja wrote:
It's not some combo you press.

If you want to locate a superbounce, exit your friends list and look for the texture differences while they mess up a bit. Next, you want to find somewhere to crouch under that will hold you in the crouch position. Last but not least, find somewhere with a sufficient amount of height to jump from and try to land on your texture difference.

I suggest you watch bounce vids for a bit of visual help.

so you don't have to crouch or press a or any of that? you just walk to a corner, crouch, turn around and jump on the spot?
CK101026

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok i have not been on the jumping part of this site much so i have a few questions. I have seen jump compititions a couple of times where they do a game of "JUMPS". I want to know what u put your settings for a jumps game. I also want to know if it is superjumps or other types of jumps. The last thing I want to know is how do u know who wins.
xxx321

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: super jumping Reply with quote
How do ppl do a superbounce the first time without even failing? I did what exactly one of the videos of superbounces showed and my guy just land flat on the ground and mabey slide a little forward. I have to try about 40 times to get 1 super bounce to work. Is there something special u need to do like pressing a before u hit the ground or stop holding down the forward button. Can someone give me some tips i would really appreciate it.
Cheese4eva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi i can do a few super jumps but i cant seem to do the one in head long on the little bridge near the broken bus can u help me?
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Superbounce Q&A Dan.
SlashRF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
NO QUESTIONS ABOUT SUPER BOUNCING PLEASE, READ THE THREAD TITLE!
M0rb1d1$m3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A wise man told me to put this here.

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Glitch_Review.wmv

It's a good review for pro's, or a starter for newbs.
JRrider21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lol not here morbid this is the JUMPING Q/A... I ment superbouncing Q/A... what was I thinking. Don't flame morbid it was my fault i mixed up my words. Sorry for the small inconvinience everyone.

Not to worry Morbs I put it in the bounce sticky since I have already turned this into a bit of a mess.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: