HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

What is your worst cooking disaster?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x099x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: What is your worst cooking disaster? Reply with quote
Well, tonight, I was making puppy chow. It is little chex squares with chocolate/peanut butter on it and a powdered sugar coating. After I had all of the chocolate/peanut butter topping on it, all that was left was to put the powdered sugar on it and shake it up. Well, I grabbed the powdered sugar, poured it in and shook. Once I was done, I tasted a square. It tasted AWFUL. I was wondering what was up, and then I see the "powdered sugar". It was flour. Needless to say, I was pretty embarrased. What is YOUR worst cooking disaster?
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My worst cooking disaster was when I attempted to make chocolate chip cookies. When they were done cooking in the oven, I took them out, and they looked like extremely flat and RUNNY pancakes. It was sick.

~Maker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
x099x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well did it taste good? Because mine looked good but tasted horrible.
Terminator

Location: watchin TV or crying in frustration over millions of failed tricks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
does everyone know wat Top Roman noodels are? i made a beef flavored bag, and put it on my crowed desk ledge(this is were my comp is) it sat there, i ajusted my TV set so i could watch cartoons, and for no reason, the bowl of tasty noodles fell off the ledge-splaters!- i was like, NOOOOO! U ASS! that took me a whole 5 minets 2 make! u stupid ledge!*kicks wall* that hurt...
MJOLNIR VII

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ramen > Life.

I don't remember my worst disaster because I got knocked on the head for doing it Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nugwin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i was microwaving some sausages, they exploded, wasnt all too pretty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
x099x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah yes, who could forget the exploding hot dog incident almost everyone has had in their lifetime. It is not very fun to clean up.
namtraCdesufnoC

Location: This is still C.c. I was screwing around with different letter types.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My worst cooking disaster was my first time making eggs. I had no clue what to add(btw I was only 7) except for eggs and cheese, so I decided a little sugar and chocolate sauce would make it better. When it was done, it looked like grainy, runny dog 5hit, and if I had to guess what grainy, runny dog 5hit tastes like, that would DEFINETELY be my choice.

P.S. Now I am a very good cook, and if you supply the recipe, as long as I can find the needed ingredients, I can make ANYTHING.
x099x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cartman-14 Days to X-mas! wrote:
My worst cooking disaster was my first time making eggs. I had no clue what to add(btw I was only 7) except for eggs and cheese, so I decided a little sugar and chocolate sauce would make it better. When it was done, it looked like grainy, runny dog 5hit, and if I had to guess what grainy, runny dog 5hit tastes like, that would DEFINETELY be my choice.

P.S. Now I am a very good cook, and if you supply the recipe, as long as I can find the needed ingredients, I can make ANYTHING.

Laughing That's just stupidity.
Terminator

Location: watchin TV or crying in frustration over millions of failed tricks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, i forgot, im pretty sure evreyone knows what Arbys is. i got a sandwich(foil paper still on it) and put it in the microwave. it caught fire!lol. another time, i put 2 corndogs in the MW for like, 14 minets! i go play halo for 14 minets, i come bak cause of the wierd because of the wierd beeping. the micro wave had hole burned in the transparancey! the corndogs were on fire, holes in the tranceparancey, sandwiches ablaze...boy, those were the times...
Roland
Awkward Bigot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I once tried to make french toast when I was 7. Only instead of putting in flour, I put in sugar.
It was digusting, to say the least.
Guerrilla Radio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cooking class, we forgot to poke holes in the bottom of our pie crust, airbubbles formed, looked like a yellow cloud. :-/
Demonic Felony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I burnt my Kraft Dinner. End of story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GreekXboxMaster
In the Flesh
In the Flesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I definatelty know KORHAL's. http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=32792&highlight=pizza

-GXM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
~NL~Clayster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ahahahahahahaha, That was classic GXM, Classic.

Mine was when I was doing the flam-bay or whatever and I did it with too much and it like blasted up and my kitchen caught on fire. Luckily my dad was there with me and he help me put it out but it was ruined Sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tango <('.'<)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
2cups of yeast + muffin = Fricking huge muffin tasty to
ExplodingStick

Location: Chilling with Jebus,ImplodingStick and Josey Scott on planet Namek GT: ExplodingStick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
cobystinson wrote:
Oh, i forgot, im pretty sure evreyone knows what Arbys is. i got a sandwich(foil paper still on it) and put it in the microwave. it caught fire!lol. another time, i put 2 corndogs in the MW for like, 14 minets! i go play halo for 14 minets, i come bak cause of the wierd because of the wierd beeping. the micro wave had hole burned in the transparancey! the corndogs were on fire, holes in the tranceparancey, sandwiches ablaze...boy, those were the times...

That reminds me of when I tried to make chef boyardee in the microwave. I forgot to take off the metal top and it exploded in the microwave. Not very nice to cleanup since the pieces of metal on the inside were red hot.
CounterfeitMind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The blender opening.. with all the stuff flying EVERY wear.. i think there was like a potato leak soup or sumthing.. and it wasent very nice..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
GreekXboxMaster wrote:
Well I definatelty know KORHAL's. http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=32792&highlight=pizza

-GXM

i was about to say "/me remembers KORHAL's movie. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Chimaira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: What is your worst cooking disaster? Reply with quote
x099x wrote:
Well, tonight, I was making puppy chow. It is little chex squares with chocolate/peanut butter on it and a powdered sugar coating. After I had all of the chocolate/peanut butter topping on it, all that was left was to put the powdered sugar on it and shake it up. Well, I grabbed the powdered sugar, poured it in and shook. Once I was done, I tasted a square. It tasted AWFUL. I was wondering what was up, and then I see the "powdered sugar". It was flour. Needless to say, I was pretty embarrased. What is YOUR worst cooking disaster?

Puppy chow isn't supposed to be for people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zanzang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
One time I was making a lemon meringue pie, and when I was mixing the meringue, I accidentally dumped in too much sugar at once, so the whole batch was destroyed. And the worst part; get this, we didn't have any more eggs to make more meringue Crying or Very sad

Have any of you ever heard of a lemon goo pie?
Anybody?
No.
You haven't, and that's because I'm the only one dumb enough to screw up the meringue making process and end up with nothing but a lemon pie. Surprised
Twizzmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mine was when i was making rock buns and i put them in the oven and fell asleep and when i woke up the house was filled with smoke and the rock buns had exploded
Swedishmartin
Swedish Dude
Swedish Dude

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you microwave a glass, it goes 'splodey.
Samusaaron3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Someone I know has a snake. One way you can feed your snake is to buy frozen mice from the petstore. The person wanted to warm up the mice buy the use of a microwave. I was in the other room when I heard a pop. "Dangit! I blew up another mouse!."

lol.... Laughing
Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your worst cooking disaster? Reply with quote
x099x wrote:

aren't dogs allergic to chocolate(<spelling?)
Jesus’s Bro†her Bob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
MJOLNIR VII wrote:
Ramen > Life.

If you say that, you are smart for spending a buck fifty on meals for a week.
But Ramen tastes horrible, especially when you eat it for all meals for two days on a camping trip. Double Dead
Twizzmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jesus's Brother Bob wrote:
MJOLNIR VII wrote:
Ramen > Life.

But Ramen tastes horrible, especially when you eat it for all meals for two days on a camping trip. Double Dead
Yorrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your worst cooking disaster? Reply with quote
Destroyer-13days-til-Xmas wrote:
x099x wrote:

Wow, this stuff is not for dogs genius. It's good stuff. Here's a recipe so you can see how delicious and not for dogs it is.

http://www.recipegal.com/snacks/PUPPY-CHOW.htm
BierWiser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My sister wanted to warm the stick of butter, yes, the whole thing, and put it in the microwave. The top of it blew up and was melted. The rest was all around the outside of the microwave.
Zinrai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, i was home alone and i got hungry so i looked in the fridge. There were some noodles from awhile back so i warmed them up in the microwave and wanted some sort of saucey substance(mmm) on it. I got some cheese and put it in a bowl of milk then left it in the mw for like 20 mins. It looked fine until i tasted it, it was all chunky and nasty like curded milk, bleh.
Kalos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, we had one of those old Microwave/Convection oven so you can either bake or nuke whatever you put in there. So I slipped a pie in there and set the timer for 1 hour. Little did I know, the timer function on that is for the microwave portion and therefore I took it out of Oven Mode®. You do not wanna know what a pie looks like after it's been microwaved for an hour *shudder*
SeveringMrG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I burnt water...
This morning I accidently put my syrup in the microwave for to long, and it started making a sizzling sound... Confused
Nick441

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was baking hot dogs or scrambled eggs and all of a sudden the pan I was cooking them in caught on fire. I threw baking powder on them but the baking powder made the pan explode and fly up in the air. After that I just threw on some more and cooked them and they turned out to be good.
Jesus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your worst cooking disaster? Reply with quote
Yorrick wrote:
Destroyer-13days-til-Xmas wrote:
x099x wrote:

Wow, this stuff is not for dogs genius. It's good stuff. Here's a recipe so you can see how delicious and not for dogs it is.

http://www.recipegal.com/snacks/PUPPY-CHOW.htm

sorry, you see, puppy chow is a brand of DOG FOOD, so one would assume he was talking about that, and not some random internet recipe.

kthxbai
New Bass Man.

Location: Portsmouth, South England. NOT Newb Ass Man. New Bass Man!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, my friend mistook the recipe. It said 1 teaspoon of baking soda. He put one tablespoon in. *Shudder* so.....salty...
Kalos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What is your worst cooking disaster? Reply with quote
Jesus? wrote:
sorry, you see, puppy chow is a brand of DOG FOOD, so one would assume he was talking about that, and not some random internet recipe.

kthxbai

Actually, Puppy Chow is a variation of dog food made by the Purina brand of dog food. And this delicious snack is commonly known by the name of puppy chow I don't know why, it just is
Tanx911

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
one time i was making ramen noodles, o wait, those are to easy to mess up and thats all i can cook!
AggressiveGrunt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, i put some popcorn in the microwave, turned it on, went to take a crap, and the entire house was filled with smoke...for a week!
NewYorkTrigga101

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well my dad owns a pizzaria/restaurant and i tried to make chicked scapriello, and well i tried it then when i added the white wine and fire about the size of a door appeared on it and i was just blowing on it, little did i know i only needed to move the dish around
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MJOLNIR VII

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jesus's Brother Bob wrote:
MJOLNIR VII wrote:
Ramen > Life.

Ramen tastes amazing to me.

O_o

Just make sure you buy different flavors for variety, and try something I have just found recently. Korean "Ramyun" is amazing, and very spicy.

I <33 Ramen. Maybe if I win the lottery my name will be "Ramen Man"... hmm....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gamefreak249

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lets just say my sister's Barbie didnt come out too good...
arbitor 93

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i love cooking which is why i have lots to tell......

whenever i have a friend over, we make random(by random i mean completely bad ingredients that should not go in a drink!!!!!!!!)drinks with whatever i can find lying around......pikle juice+milk+vanilla coke+ground up fruity pebbles+other crap i found= something me and my friend never want to taste again......*shudder*

also (same thing,mixing random drinks) me and my friend wanted to make a milkshake... we didnt have ice crean so i suggested pudding mix(i was like 7) we put it in a blender with other crap we thought would make it taste good...........not good

after dinner 1 night i ask my mom, "is it true a marshmellew inflates inb the MW?" she said yea it does so me being me, i took about 15 BIG mmw's put 'em in and nuked em for like 20 minutes.... marswmellow explosion is not that fun to clean up... way more fun to make and eat ^__^

7:00 in the morning...im hungry so i decide i am gonna make an omlette or so i thought. i put in about 4 eggs and a LOT OF CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!! it came out like a smoldering crap your dog leaves for you to pick up....

potato-air holes+MW for 1.3 hours= one big @$$ explotion Twisted Evil

ill have more later
New Bass Man.

Location: Portsmouth, South England. NOT Newb Ass Man. New Bass Man!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another horrible thing.

Me and the same friend were bored. And there was some cold, congealing Cauliflower and Broccoli soup on the stove. So we put that in a bowl. We then proceeded to mix mustard powder, chilli powder, mashed potato seasoning, vinegar (to curdle it), milk, pepper and cloves.

THEN...we played the laughing game (where you go around in a circle saying one word to make the others laugh). Well, my friend laughed EVERY time, so we started taking shots of the concoction every time he did laugh. So, by this time, the mixture was putrid and horrible, and needed a glass of water after every shot. So we decided to make him do forfeits if he needed water.

That was a fun day!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Yap and Blabber All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: