HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Interview with KORHAL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » HIH Special Features Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taso
Interview Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Interview with KORHAL Reply with quote
Taso-To start off, tell us a little about yourself, KORHAL. Tell us about your job, your life, and your location.

KORHAL-My name is Tyler Traviss. I'm 17, going on 18. I am a proud Canadian but live in Quebec *hiss and spit* I work for the reBOOT Canada company, but I work at the reBOOT Montreal station. I am the head warehouse manager so I'm in charge of cleaning up the place, testing computers and monitors and a whole whop of other things. But the best part is I get to boss people around Razz

Taso-On to the Halo related questions:

Taso-What got you into tricking? What inspired your creative... and rather... obscene works?

KORHAL-Aww, would it sound cliche if I said Randal Glass' Warthog Jump video. I started out not liking Xbox very much but I downloaded his video from Kazaa and watched it and was like "HOLY **** I GOTTA BUY AN XBOX FOR THIS!" Why was I like that? I had been playing N64 and PS 1-2 games with my x-bestfriend *DeatH* for the longest time and we HATED getting knocked by barriers. RG's video showed no limits so I got into Warthog Jumping fast Smile

Taso-How did you become HIH's most respected moderator(sorry to the others...but it's true)?

KORHAL-Hehehe, it all started here:
http://highimpacthalo.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=314&highlight=
I started off my HIH "career" by publishing that well-written first post. I wanted to start anew from my old "HBO rep" where as a lot of the HBO community despised me. After a long time at HIH I released a webcam video documenting a floating 'hog in AotCR. It got Front Page and I was thrilled. When Halo 2 came out I started tricking like crazy (QZ mostly) and then Ducain split the Halo 2 forums into "CMP and MP" I PM'd him asking to be a moderator and one day after playing some XBC modding I looked over to my #hih IRC and saw goatrope and I think Ducain say "congrats KORHAL, you're a moderator" and it was uphill from there. I became the perfect forum member and then I started making movies, so I got even more known. Wow I trailed off big time there, I hope I answered that right...next question.

Taso-Why did you decide to dominate Quarentine Zone above all the others? Was it the map's hugeness? Was it the map's air of mystery?

KORHAL-Aww, I love this question. When Halo first came out I LOVED The Library. Every other Halo community member complains about it. But I tricked it quite well. So when Halo 2 came out I played through the CMP on Easy first. Then when I was re-doing it looking for odd things I discovered how big the QZ Gondola Ride area was. So I started thinking "Hmm, I'll take some time to get off this stupid thing and see what happens" And it was well worth it. I started doing all sorts of QZ Gondola Ride tricking. But the one that really got me famous was this one:
http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=4259&highlight=qz
After that I just started going crazy with QZ. And even further down the line I got this PM from princeofthesword showing his admiration for my work and he discussed some very inteligent plans he had for QZ which I helped him achieve (KDBottomOfQZCanyon)

Taso-What do you like most about the Halo games?

KORHAL-The openness of them is just amazing, you can do what you want, where you want, when you want, and how you want.

Taso-What's your most memorable trick to date? Aside from that... vehicle "collection" That was too memorable >_>

KORHAL-Well the Vehicle Collection is by far the most memorable. But I'd say the bottom of the QZ Nexus which I spent hours and hours with my friend *DeatH* on CO-OP and then by myself in Single Player.

Taso-What's the one trick you can't do, but want to more than any other?

KORHAL-Box launching...yup.

Taso-What tricks do you have in store for the future? Any more huge plans coming up?

KORHAL-Oh, plenty, now that I'm not a moderator (sort of) I'm going back to my old ways with tricking. I'm currently editing a 16minute video while glancing and typing for this interview at the same time. So expect big things from not only myself, but KDproductions.

Taso-What do you think of the job Bungie's done with Halo/Halo2/XBL? Do you think they've kept up, or should they be doing better?

KORHAL-I think they messed up big time with the 1.1 update and higher. Stealing my precious Rocket/Sword flying from CMP. But over-all, WAY TO GO BUNGIE YOU RULE!

Taso-What do you think of HIH's members? In general of course. Do you like them? Think they're slackers?

KORHAL-Well... 10% of all the members are actualy tricking and making videos, I admire them, but the ones who sit there waiting for good I have to hand it to them. You guys make it all worth while. And yes I love the HIH community.

Taso-Who, specifically, do you like the most on HIH? Who keeps up with you and supports you through your tricking and hardships?

KORHAL-Hands down, princeofthesword. Big <3 for you my friend.

Taso-Who's your favorite Bungie employee? Why him/her?

KORHAL-I'd say the guy/girl who made Delta Halo, Quarantine Zone and The Library. Whomever you may be I love you for making these 3 levels.

Taso-Enough with the halo involved questions. On to the personal.

KORHAL-I was afraid of this Razz

Taso-What do you aspire to be all in all? What do you want to make out of life?

KORHAL-A human being bent on a dream of what many would call reality.

Taso-Do you have any pets?

KORHAL-KITTY! I have a cat named Chewy (Chewbaca) and a dog named Emma, but I love the cat more Smile

Taso-Amazing.... I love kitties.

Taso-What do you want most in the world? (Material Possession-wise)

KORHAL-Hmm, my dreams and hopes to come true.

Taso-Aww... just like everyone else... Aside from those money hungry fools who want money, then realize that all they really wanted was a friend... and a kitty....

Taso-What's your favorite movie/book?

KORHAL-I personally think Sin City is the best movie I've ever seen. And also the Lord of the Rings.
But books for books, I'd go with Dune.

Taso-Classic. I thought Lord of the Rings was a bit too.... predictable. Protagonist on quest. Protagonist has troubles. Protagonist completes quest regardless of antagonists.

Taso-If you could kill anyone on earth, who would it be?(you have to choose someone)

KORHAL-Aww...I can't say or else I'll have the FBI and CIA on my ass in no time Razz

Taso-Is it Frankie? You can tell me... Oh, you're talking about Bush... okay then >_> <_< I'll keep your secret... don't worry. Oh wait... crud.

Taso-And my personal favorite:
Do you like pie? What's your FAVORITE kind of pie?
Do you like pi? What's your FAVORITE number in pi?

KORHAL-I like pie. BLUEBERRY!
I like pi. The number .14 is alwas cool.

Taso-Blueberry is like *CENSORED*. And .14 is okay. I'm more of a 92 kinda guy for pi.

Taso-Thanks a ton for your time, and good luck on your next project.

KORHAL-No no no, thank YOU for your time in writing and coming up with these questions.
Adapt or die - Chief Mendez of the UNSC.

Taso-Nice. Live long and eat. ^_^

good morrow Rampancy
* Scaposy *

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay! Nice Interview Very Happy
First Post WOOT
hehe alwasy wanted to say that.
xXxCocoFangxXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice interview.

-xXxCocoFangxXx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
baseball

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
haha I <3 KORHAL, he makes me sick Thats Sick!
KORHAL
Lord KDp
Lord KDp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
We totaly forgot to make some questions about my KDproductions Company (including the wonderful crew members)

Anyways... I enjoyed this interview Taso, you're now off my hit-list.

KORHAL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
NewYorkTrigga101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
KORHAL wrote:
We totaly forgot to make some questions about my KDproductions Company (including the wonderful crew members)

Anyways... I enjoyed this interview Taso, you're now off my hit-list.

KORHAL

am i on that hit list?

oh and nice interveiw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caffiene Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wooooo *claps*
KORHAL u rool man!
ZuP

Location: Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Interview with KORHAL Reply with quote
Taso wrote:
Taso-Who's your favorite Bungie employee? Why him/her?

KORHAL-I'd say the guy/girl who made Delta Halo, Quarantine Zone and The Library. Whomever you may be I love you for making these 3 levels.

http://bungie.net/Inside/MeetTheTeam.aspx?Person=green

<3 KORHAL!

[/ZuP]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MadRoX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Holy Cow i dont even remember PoH clan god thats before TLG!
iPkaboo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wowzorz.
I was just reading the Fall of Reach today. WOOOT!
Shadow Ferret

Location: Mark your calenders for E3 in May of 2006! Revolution gets revealed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice interview, Taso. Razz
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aw I feel the love! Very Happy Go KORHAL and Taso!

Seriously though, excellent interview Taso. Your stuff is always well thought out and actually means something. Especially the pie stuff. I always learn more about my favourite people from your interviews.

Heh I remember that PM I sent KORHAL, lol I thought the Flood Cave was the coolest thing in the world (Still do, for some reason. Just a giant dark open space to play in. Absolutely rocks). The Canyon project in hindsight took a lot longer than it should've, but it was awesome corresponding with KORHAL and his brilliant trickster mind. Seriously, until you talk to this dude about tricking, you have no idea how crazy he is. You pull off something awesome, he's shocked and gleeful, then immediately he comes up with something crazier to try.

I never would've gotten the tank across the Canyon without KORHAL suggesting it. I figured it was impossible. He said "Great you got the tank to the Gondola! Now get it across the canyon." His own skill and technique (and his sense of drama when he makes his movies. Artistic license at its best) is something I've tried to learn and emulate my entire career.

The man's a beast when it comes to tricking. A beast I say! I'm honoured to be his friend and teammate at KDproductions (which everyone should come visit, by the way, KDproductions, with a capital K.

Great stuff you guys. Very Happy

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
{NL} Grande Ninja

Location: Virginia Beach XBL GT: I Mr Anderson I or MacsRYummy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice interview Taso. Smile
Neon_Dragon

Location: Behind your computer doing naughty things in the cooling fans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Groovy interview.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tango <('.'<)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
YES great interveiw i didnot see this! i know KORHAL pretty good! so <3
Agent ME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice interview!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CRAZZY MISFIT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
really good interview Taso good stuff. And yes i agree korhal Sin City definatly owns and thats why sin city 2 is in production! Very Happy
F2D Wicked

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
/me cries

I'm so proud to be in KDproductions with you! :')
timo1023

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Heres a post for Taso because he complained in another thread about getting practically no posts for this!

Good interview, now time for Frankie!
GreekXboxMaster
In the Flesh
In the Flesh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys havent seen anything until you watch a webcam with Chewy.

Classic line -

KORHAL "Come here Chewy *slaps own leg* "

*Chewy jumps on KORHAL's desk and starts meowing*

KORHAL "Chewy stop [Censor]ing meowing you [Censor]ing cat"

*Chewy runs away into closet meowing*

<3 for Taso and KORHAL

-GXM
KORHAL
Lord KDp
Lord KDp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
GXM, that's not how it went.

He was in the hall playing with his ball and he kept meowing at me to come play with him so I yelled Razz I still feel bad about it. Poor Chewy Sad I am an animal lover and don't like hearing stories like this... bad me Crying or Very sad

KORHAL
{NL}DarK Templer1

Location: Most likely on XBL playing Halo2!.... . GT: Dark Templer1 **Clan: NoLimitation90**

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love reading interviews... this one was a great one.. Great Job Taso and I love your tricks KORHAL...

happy tricking..
SgtSlappy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
sexyness...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » HIH Special Features Section All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: