HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

I shot the Sherriff, but I did not take a Shot on Keyes 3:15

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuporMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: I shot the Sherriff, but I did not take a Shot on Keyes 3:15 Reply with quote
I decided to go ahead and create a new topic with my run in it. (I cannot tell you how much I wanted to use that title.Very Happy )

Who knows, maybe there will be more. And with lots of luck, maybe it will even be faster than scurty's.

Here is the run, with some notes. I had a previous run included at the beginning and there was a death. Blame scurty for my uploading this cause he said he wanted to see it!

http://useruploads.mythica.org/view.cgi?f=Keyes_Leg_3_15_StuporMan.wmv

StuporMan
illidan the hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great title, did you get that from American Idol??
Nice run, work at it and you might beat scurty.

illidan
scurty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, that's REALLY weird how you get flung up so high.. I'll have to try that on Halo PC. It's a pity you had that death in there. At first I didn't know you meant a no-shot run, I thought you meant a regular run. Boy was I wrong :P The death cost 6 seconds i believe so this would've been 3.09.. the time of previous best No-Shot!

I really must give you credit though, I could never speed run a level on Halo PC; so you definitely have me there. Then of course the high fall will always take like a second or two off of your time. You almost died at the end, boy were you lucky :D
StuporMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
illidan,

Actually I had heard the song long before American Idol was created.

scurty,

Yes, Yes I was very lucky. I almost died after the monster bump. The hangar though is what really scared me.

I figured I had lost around 7 seconds to the death. Unfortunately I do not know where I am losing all those extra seconds to your time.

The way I figure it my bump ends up costing me around 2 seconds. My navigation on the wall may cost me another second, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the other 8 seconds are lost. The only other place I was slow was in the hangar, running into the block, but that does not affect the appearance of the banshees.

I will have to watch both runs side by side to see where I am losing all the time. Maybe then I can come up with a way to compete with your time. Right now I am just happy that I was able to get a decent run together.

Thanks for the help and interest.

Edit: I looked and I think I found where I lost time on scurty's run.
My bump put me at an even pace with scurty (since he required 2 grenades).
My navigation of the wall cost me ~2.5 seconds (I missed doing both required jumps while backrunning).
The death cost me ~6 seconds as scurty said bringing me to around 9 seconds.
The other time comes from bumping into a wall in the hallway and stopping to get the healthpack.
I also think the time from getting into the banshee till the cutscene is ~1 second shorter on the Xbox (but am not 100% on this).

Hopefully with this knowledge (and a little trick I am working on) I can compete with scurty's time. Oh, and don't worry scurty, this trick would work only on HPC and would just serve to make up for the time lost from the monster bump.

StuporMan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: