HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

*360 Trick/Glitch Q&A Thread* *Update*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smacky12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: *360 Trick/Glitch Q&A Thread* *Update* Reply with quote
EDIT BY PRINCEOFTHESWORD: This is shaping up nicely Very Happy Well done. As long as you keep it to QandA and tutorials about TRICKS (pay attention everyone, don't pester him about overheating and the like), and the three stickies each continue to do different jobs, this shall be stickied. *stick* 343 Guilty Spark
Thank you to the ever cool mod princeofthesword for the sticky!

As the 360 has been out for a while, more and more glitches have been and will be discovered. So, I have started the

360 Q&A Thread
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not another Bugs and Glitches Collection Thread. This topic is being created so you can give and receive help on how to do the glitches.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer

Most Color Glitches On The 360 Are Rendering Glitches. They Occur When You Exit Your Friends List Really Fast.

Multiplayer

Maps

Lockout-

How do I make there be no clouds?- When you load the map on a 360, sometimes the clouds are left out. After you respawn, however, the clouds come back.

Does the grav-lift make noise on the 360?- If you are standing at the top of the lift, you can sometimes not hear the noise. Otherwise it is the same as always.

Ascension-

How do I make the bottom of the level clear?- Once again, the level sometimes doesn't load the fog. If you don't live on your first attempt to fall down there, it will be foggy afterwards.- http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3599/rrredrde00011kv.jpg

Ivory Tower-

Coagulation-

How do I make the trees turn pink?- Walk over to a tree and do the rendering glitch. (Back out of your frinds list quickly). If done correctly, the trees should turn pink.

Zanzibar-

What is the Zanzibar Camo Lag Glitch?- When you are playing at Backwash or Zanzibar and you shoot at someone with active camo, your game lags up. It is an emulation problem and is being fixed or has been fixed already.

Headlong-

Midship-

Colossus-

Beaver Creek-

Waterworks-

Burial Mounds-

Foundation-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Maps

Containment-

How do I make it yellow outside the level?- Here is a vid made by FX | II Durbin II. The tut is included in the vid. -Link-

Backwash-

What is the Camo Lag Glitch?- When you are playing at Backwash or Zanzibar and you shoot at someone with active camo, your game lags up. It is an emulation problem and is being fixed or has been fixed already.

Elongation-

How do I make "Green Elongation"?- When you do the rendering glitch on Elongation, everything should be green and polka-dotted for a few seconds.

Turf-

Terminal-

What odd colors are here?- If you walk down the train tracks and perform the rendering glitch, you see streaks of colors.

Outside of the level, there is a color glitch too. It is documented in this video made by FX | II Durbin II. -Link-

Gemini-

Relic-

Warlock-

How do I make streaked water- Walk up to a waterfall, and do the rendering glitch. You should see streaks of blue.

How do I fill the level with water?- If you start a Shotgun CTF game at Warlock, part or most of the level should be filled with water. This glitch might only work with high definition cables.

Sanctuary-

What things change color here?- If you face a waterfall and perform the rendering glitch, you should see strange streaks of color.

Here is another "out of the level color change on Sanctuary". Once again it is documented by none other than FX | II Durbin II. [url=360_Glitches_0002.wmv - hosted by mythica.org] -Link- [/url
Miscellaneous-

How do I launch freeze things?- So far it has only been done once. It is believed to be severe lag, causing your XBOX 360 to freeze when rockets hit an object. All you need to do to fix it is restart your 360, if it ever happens to you.

Why does the 360 suffer burn in?- Most of the new 360s won't have this issue, but on some of the older ones have burn in if you let your 360 overheat. You can be playing on one level, and still see the previous one.- http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/492/369719206l2em.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/4422/lock6ew.jpg
Also, if you kill yourself by jumping off the level, it may remove the overlay.

What is the Red Screen of Death?- Like most computers, the 360 displays an error screen when the system messes up. The 360's is red. So if you encounter the red screen of death, all it means is your system needs to shut down.

How do I become weaponless?- This has just been recently found. If two people try to pick up the same weapon at the same time, one picks it up, and the other throws down his weapon. The one spartan throws down his gun to pick up the other, but the second spartan has already taken the gun.

how come some levels are darker on ther 360?- Bungie wanted to show what the levels were supposed to look like, so they darkened them to show better quality.

Why are explosion sounds delayed?- It is severe lag, and can happen on XBOX too, just less frequently.

Single Player

Maps

The Armory-

Cairo Station-

Outskirts-

Metropolis-

The Arbiter-

Oracle-

Delta Halo-

Regret-

Sacred Icon-

Quarantine Zone-

Gravemind-

Uprising-

High Charity-

Great Charity-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once more glitches are found, I will add them here.

EDIT: Most of the topics being made are asking questions about already found glitches. Instead of making a topic, post it here, we'll give you an answer. Very Happy

Last edited by Smacky12 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:51 pm; edited 12 times in total
assassin_sniper
My granny owns you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh yea i forgot this forum disnt have a Q&A lol good idea
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only problem I have with this is that I don't like it when people post a thread in preparation for a problem rather than solving it as they go.

Until you get a few write-ups with "how to"s in it, this post is technically spam. Confused Not being mean, just...yeah. I'll leave it open to give you the chance, but I suggest you do some more work on it.

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
Smacky12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, I'll get crackin on it.

EDIT: Updated.
(CC!) Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you need help adding things, I got an organized sticky just at the top, you can use that as a referance
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chaos wrote:
If you need help adding things, I got an organized sticky just at the top, you can use that as a referance

Also, you two can work together to help keep the topics organized and compatible. They should work well together. Check with each other off and on, and check each other's topics, to make sure everything's correct. Smile

Well done man, looking good.

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
Smacky12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I added a few more questions and answers, and added the single player maps. They don't have any glitches yet, but there have to be some. Wink
Smacky12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post, but people, 9/10 of the threads here are questions. Don't be afraid to ask it here. Somebody will answer you.
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does the image burn do any long term damage to your equipment? I'm on PAL 60 btw.

Putting this to use Wink
Smacky12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It shouldn't. The image burn is caused by a failure to clear the image data from the previous level.

Instead of wiping the screen clean before starting a new game, it accidentally leaves some data.
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, that gives me a clear head when playing on 360.
Durbin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yellow outside containment
i can make vid of u want
Smacky12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sure, I'll add it to the first post. PM me with a brief TUT and the Vid link plz.

Thanks
Durbin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Very Nice tuts
keep it up monkey Very Happy
Dominic73

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
sweet thread Razz
Smacky12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dominic73 wrote:
sweet thread Razz

Thanks. Very Happy
Smacky12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, I have a question.

Is it just me or do the AI in Halo 2 campaign say funnier things on the 360?

I was playing and I heard them saying tons of things that I've never heard them say before. I was playing on normal too.

marine to a grunt- "Here piggy, piggy, piggy!"

marine to an elite- "Dont you hide from me!"

There were tons of them.
CRAZZY MISFIT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This seems to similar to the chaos' glitch thread to me. All of the things in the first post weren't asked about. I think if you want to keep it compatible with chaos' (like POTS suggested) then i would keep it to basic question answer.
baseball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all, just experienced something today. It seemed that for each texture difference, there was a bright purple/red/blue pulsating line. I switched back to regular television so that was not the problem. Also, it appeared to make a plasma shield looking thing next to the lift on Lockout. Any ideas if this is new or not?
NewYorkTrigga101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
psychomonkey wrote:
Okay, I have a question.

Is it just me or do the AI in Halo 2 campaign say funnier things on the 360?

I was playing and I heard them saying tons of things that I've never heard them say before. I was playing on normal too.

marine to a grunt- "Here piggy, piggy, piggy!"

marine to an elite- "Dont you hide from me!"

There were tons of them.

that was on xbox 1 also
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smacky12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
<# baseball wrote:
Hey all, just experienced something today. It seemed that for each texture difference, there was a bright purple/red/blue pulsating line. I switched back to regular television so that was not the problem. Also, it appeared to make a plasma shield looking thing next to the lift on Lockout. Any ideas if this is new or not?

I've never seen it before. Any idea what caused it?
baseball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure, it was similar to the color of a brute plasma rifle. It was pretty cool, but it started happening in my friends list, so I know it wasn't particular to any map. It could have been some overheating or a scratched disk, but I'm not really sure.
hargrove1214

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey, u said that on some of the maps it is darker to show what it was supposed to look like. It only happens sometimes on certain maps for me. Like on lockout, sometimes it is light sometimes it is dark. Other times it switches during the game. Is that normal?
Smacky12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes. There were only a few maps Bungie wanted to enhance, and Lockout was the one they did the most to.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: