HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

RL Sword Switch SUPER EASY ON 360 :D

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterSniper911

Location: Making a more Politically, Grammatically, and Spellingly correct post than your's|Canadian and Proud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: RL Sword Switch SUPER EASY ON 360 :D Reply with quote
Yeah, on the wireless controller for the 360 it is incredibley easy to do a Rocket- Launcher sword switch. Can anyone figure out why...? I just did it first time 4 times in a row Smile. Bout time the RL sword switch came back from its grave Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WTF?! Figure it out! NOW!
Armedslayer17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you happen to download the update and the maps yet? Rolling Eyes
MasterSniper911

Location: Making a more Politically, Grammatically, and Spellingly correct post than your's|Canadian and Proud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Umm wtf.. You can still do the RL sword lunge easy with the R,L,X,Y,B buttons. Try it on the 360 and it will almost work everytime Smile. As for the other person that posted. WTF does that mean? Do you want me to figure out how to do it... Because if you have the 360 try it and you will do it. Man this ROCKS I just lunged around the level and people were like "WTF I thought that was gone...?" Very HappyVery Happy. Reminds me of the good old' days with the Macro button Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
D P Murf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i noticed it too. i now always get it on the first 4 swiches. so many more possiblitys.(spelling?)
lilproamt88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey thats cool master sniper
MasterSniper911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Smile
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mastersniper911 wrote:
Umm wtf.. You can still do the RL sword lunge easy with the R,L,X,Y,B buttons.

So your saying you have to press L for this to work easier?
Gold Grunty

Location: At Herbie's Grunt-Only Birthday-Party Xbox 360 Games: PDZ COD2 and PGR3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what? can you try and put it in more detail-is this the very first version of sword lunging or the 2nd?
MasterSniper911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
2nd god dudes TRY IT oh and my bad you dont use the left trigger Embarassed I wasnt looking at what I typed Very Happy. Anyways, try it I can do it everytime (reminds me before the update when you could do it this often Smile).
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't do it at all and I used to be able to fly horizontally across Headlong 4 times without touching the ground...
MasterSniper911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright press R triger, B, X, Y all at the same time. This should work and if it doesnt then you are doing it wrong you cant do it horisontally it hasta be virtically (try going almost straight up).
warriorman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ive been doing this on the normal xbox with no problem whatsoever, if you asked any of my friends on live, they seem to be amazed that i dont switch controller settings, and i get it within one or two button presses...its not hard, and it cant be much easier on the 360 if its not hard normally.
and about the above post, its much easier for me when im at a good 45 degree angle from the person like a slant along the lines of / from the person not just straight up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sly Dude

Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. DO NOT READ THIS FOOLS! GT: Sly Dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
warriorman wrote:
ive been doing this on the normal xbox with no problem whatsoever, if you asked any of my friends on live, they seem to be amazed that i dont switch controller settings, and i get it within one or two button presses...its not hard, and it cant be much easier on the 360 if its not hard normally.
and about the above post, its much easier for me when im at a good 45 degree angle from the person like a slant along the lines of / from the person not just straight up

Same here. I should try it on the 360 though...
- Sly Exclamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MasterSniper911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah I can do it on the old XBox easily (ususally takes me about 2 mins of trying I have to slow down then speed up to get the right rate). But on the 360 you can do it first try. This makes it the same as the old Sword Switch. And dont ask me how this works (the controllers are different somehow...?) but its amazing try it then reply please!
bkblabber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
what's a macro button?
Dragonmaster14400

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
bkblabber wrote:
what's a macro button?
I think that is a button on special controllers.
InfiniZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragonmaster14400 wrote:
bkblabber wrote:
what's a macro button?
I think that is a button on special controllers.

You can program a Macro controller to string together several button combinations...so instead of pressing R,B,X,Y..you just hit the macro button and it does it with almost no delay...
monewb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah the Rocket launcher lunge never went away it was just hidin a bit deeper and a nudge harder to do
xI CalCiUm Xi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RL Sword Switch SUPER EASY ON 360 :D Reply with quote
mastersniper911 wrote:
Yeah, on the wireless controller for the 360 it is incredibley easy to do a Rocket- Launcher sword switch. Can anyone figure out why...? I just did it first time 4 times in a row Smile. Bout time the RL sword switch came back from its grave Very Happy

How do u do it Shocked
Gilthanas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i think it's easier cuz the wireless controller has a 1/2 second delay, so the system thinks ur doin it fast enough to do the rocket glitch
brett824

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone describe the trick in a little more detail. I'm having sonme trouble doing it..
IraqManiac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gilthanas wrote:
i think it's easier cuz the wireless controller has a 1/2 second delay, so the system thinks ur doin it fast enough to do the rocket glitch

it's more like a 1/10 of a second delay, but if you push the buttons fast enough, like it sends the signals from you pushing all the buttons during the same like 'refresh' (you know what I mean)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
xI CalCiUm Xi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are the buttons i could do it before the patch, but cant do it now WAHHH!!!! TELL ME HOW TO DO IT AGAIN Very Happy Very Happy
Snookizzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey, does it HAVE to be a wireless 360 cont. or can it be a wired
I should be getting a wireless if it's only wireless thats able to do it...
Mast3r-117

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Snookizzle wrote:
hey, does it HAVE to be a wireless 360 cont. or can it be a wired
I should be getting a wireless if it's only wireless thats able to do it...

You can use a wired. All I do is press: R, Y, and X and it works like a charm. Me and my cousin were doing it all day Friday while trying ways to get out of Beaver Creek (no luck).
phyco muffin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mastersniper911 wrote:
Umm wtf.. You can still do the RL sword lunge easy with the R,L,X,Y,B buttons. Try it on the 360 and it will almost work everytime Smile. As for the other person that posted. WTF does that mean? Do you want me to figure out how to do it... Because if you have the 360 try it and you will do it. Man this ROCKS I just lunged around the level and people were like "WTF I thought that was gone...?" Very HappyVery Happy. Reminds me of the good old' days with the Macro button Very Happy
i heard the word macro whats it mean
Snookizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
macro is a special function on a madcats cont.
it allows you press ANY set of buttons, and set it to the macro, so if you set the RT and A and then B, on Halo, when you press the macro, you will:Fire, Jump and then melee.
It's pretty sweet. So any ways, is teh RL sword switch as easy on a wired cont. as a wireless cont.?
thoraxcorp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
D P Murf wrote:
i noticed it too. i now always get it on the first 4 swiches. so many more possiblitys.(spelling?)

I usually get it on the 2nd switch on the old xbox. I never found it that hard.
Snookizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweeee3t! I'm so happy that it's back!
Yaaaaaaaaaaay Microsoft! Thanks for makin faster, more responsive conts.! Yaaaaaaay! Very Happy Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
insidi0us

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just so u guys know... the delay period for the wireless controller is FAR less than 1/10 of a second. if it was a tenth, you'd all be crying. go play halo 1 on xbc with a 100 ping and you'll know what a tenth of a second feels like.
monewb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just hit R,X,Y,B at the same time its super easy even on regular xbox

also the RL never went away
dday25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HOW DO U DO IT?
NOBLE STABBlNGS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dday25 wrote:
HOW DO U DO IT?

perhaps by reading the post directly above yours? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dday25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
YEA BUT IM CONFUSED ABOUT THE WHOLE WEAPON THING! dONT U NEED 2 HAVE CERTAIN WEAPONS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
Mast3r-117

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dday25 wrote:
YEA BUT IM CONFUSED ABOUT THE WHOLE WEAPON THING! dONT U NEED 2 HAVE CERTAIN WEAPONS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

First of all don't type in all caps. Second of all you can do it with a wide variety of weapons not just the Rocket Launcher and Sword. You can do it with the Battle Rifle, Carbine, Needler, Sniper (both of them), Magnum, ETC. Do you get it now?
Daleks United
Plug 'n' Pray
Plug 'n' Pray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dday - H2MP Tricks is proabably the best place to start, maybe the Q+A sticky.

I doubt it's to do with the delay of the controllers, 1/10 is noticable. It may just be a fundamental difference in the way that they work - especially if there s some sort of error checking to block interference.
Ghost Faction

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a 360 and I don't find it easier at all

In fact, it is harder for me
xx hen xx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: s Reply with quote
WTF...i can do it about 10 times or however many times i want without a 360 controller...i have a regualar xbox!!!
ahhahaha

J M Hen
Raiden47
Canadian Wingman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Armedslayer17 wrote:
did you happen to download the update and the maps yet? Rolling Eyes

You need the update to play it on the x360.
MasterSniper911

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright I am starting to figure it out now. For me it works VERY good when the battary is either almost dead or COMPLETELY charged not in between and I have no idea why this happens. When the battary is really low I can do it with any weapon its crazy I am getting the sword then just lunging across maps killing everyone in my way (in MM) and I dont know how I am doing it O.O! When its fully charged it works perfect (every time) with only the Rocket Launcher the rest of the weapons just dont work for some reason. Confusing stuff but to save alot of confusing only post here if you have the 360 and actaully try this.

To do RL Sword Lunge:
R,X,B,Y I find it very easy for beginners to go at a slowww pace then creep up to a faster rate then alternate between the two. You will eventually get used to the exact rate you need to push them and become incredible (like me O.O).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: