HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Two Betrayals run

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acxy500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Two Betrayals run Reply with quote
OK, here's the deal:

I recistered about a minute ago.
I've been attempting to run Two Betrayals. (Easy, heroic, legendary)

And my times so far:

Easy : 12:15
Heroic: 19:43
Legendary: 26:27 (don't laugh)

I haven't seen the run made by insidi0us (was it? as I said, I'm new here), and I'm not sure I know all the tricks he used..

..So any tricks/shortcuts would be nice.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd advise you to go back on all the threads made for that level and look there.
However I'm guessing that the pros will be along in a moment to give you advice, if they're not, look down a few pages and find a topic with TB in it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
acxy500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay, thanks! Smile
scurty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=77266

There you go. If you help us beat that time (which I think great as it is currently) it will greatly help us with our Halo in 77 project that is in one of the stickies. Good luck with the level :)

Oh, and this is a topic where the trickes were discussed:

http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=70087
acxy500

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey great! The ghost trick is AWESOME! I've to practise it well.
I have few shortcuts that video didn't have so YAY, I think I'm able to beat the time. We'll see..
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, if you actually have new shortcuts I'm impressed.
Not many people get to beat those three at Speedrunning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
insidi0us

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
curious...

please dont send us in the 76 minute range, lol.

regardless of what happens, im making a 77 minute video. Smile
slYnki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
acxy, is that you? Razz
acxy500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
slYnki wrote:
acxy, is that you? Razz

Indeed I am. I finally recistered Very Happy

And I've got my normal time even better 12:02. And few tricks failed in that run.. so whee! Today I'll take several tryes for a very good run. Smile
slYnki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yo Razz. Glad you registered. Anyways, about TB, I have a few shortcuts of my own in that level. I wrote them in another thread, but I'm too lazy to go find them again. So here they are, from what I remember:

- The beginning doors, crouch underneath them as they're opening. Not a big time saver, but it ensures you move a little faster I suppose.
- The beginning huge structure, you can jump on the middle part of it, slide down a little ways, jump off, and land on a slanted part way down at the bottom. Hard to explain, I'll try and dig up the variety video I saw it performed in.
- There's a way to instantly detonate the pulse generators. Can't remember how to do it exactly, but it's a nifty time saver.
- When you get on the platform, drive the banshee off a little bit, and let go of your controller. You'll just kind of fly down to the second canyon faster.
- When you get into the room there, instead of shooting out the glass, jumping through there and continuing, there's ledges on the right side of that room. You can get on them by jumping on a thing in the room and.... this is hard to explain.
- After you go down the elevator, walk into the room and turn left. Jump up on the platform, and you'll notice a little hole in the wall there. A flood will run up to you. Jump on its head and over. Or if you have the health, grenade jump up there quickly. Whatever.

I can't remember the other stuff, or if I even had anything else, but that's it really ._.;

But I've been thinking. You live in Finland, so I'm guessing the game is different? Not sure if it would give you an edge or something.... Speaking of Finland though, how're we gonna be able to watch your run when it's finished? You aren't considering mailing a tape out, are you? o_o;
acxy500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
slYnki wrote:
Yo Razz. Glad you registered. Anyways, about TB, I have a few shortcuts of my own in that level. I wrote them in another thread, but I'm too lazy to go find them again. So here they are, from what I remember:

- The beginning doors, crouch underneath them as they're opening. Not a big time saver, but it ensures you move a little faster I suppose.
- The beginning huge structure, you can jump on the middle part of it, slide down a little ways, jump off, and land on a slanted part way down at the bottom. Hard to explain, I'll try and dig up the variety video I saw it performed in.
- There's a way to instantly detonate the pulse generators. Can't remember how to do it exactly, but it's a nifty time saver.
- When you get on the platform, drive the banshee off a little bit, and let go of your controller. You'll just kind of fly down to the second canyon faster.
- When you get into the room there, instead of shooting out the glass, jumping through there and continuing, there's ledges on the right side of that room. You can get on them by jumping on a thing in the room and.... this is hard to explain.
- After you go down the elevator, walk into the room and turn left. Jump up on the platform, and you'll notice a little hole in the wall there. A flood will run up to you. Jump on its head and over. Or if you have the health, grenade jump up there quickly. Whatever.

I can't remember the other stuff, or if I even had anything else, but that's it really ._.;

But I've been thinking. You live in Finland, so I'm guessing the game is different? Not sure if it would give you an edge or something.... Speaking of Finland though, how're we gonna be able to watch your run when it's finished? You aren't considering mailing a tape out, are you? o_o;

Yeah.. I've been thinking about that too. I'm not really sure with sending it (Costs a LOOOOT).. But I'm sure I'll get it somehow to this thread, when it's ready.. (maybe with DVD-recoder and sending it via internet?).. Not sure yet.

Nah, the game is exactly the same I think..

Nice shortcuts! I've been using the sliding-thing and the door trick.. And some of my own.. (Gash, if you somehow could skip the elevator).

But yeah, back to the game..
slYnki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh hey, I found out how to destroy the pulse generators immediately (was just testing). Note the place insidi0us walks to and waits at each pulse generator (that little dip). Instead of running there, walk directly into the pulse generator. Specifically, if you note where insidi0us stands, there's a little middle part beside it. If you walk right into that, the pulse generator detonates immediately.

It's hard to explain..... Oh, and that flood shortcut I suggested. A well placed grenade would knock 4 seconds off my method. There's a health pack down the road too, so no worries about actually performing the grenade hop.

I guess you'll just have to figure out the tape thing yourself... Not telling you what to do Razz. I'm curious as to what shortcuts you're implementing in this run o.o;
hæroicraptor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My suggestion would be to buy a cap card.
acxy500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HæroicRaptor-053 wrote:
My suggestion would be to buy a cap card.

Yeah. Actually, same idea came into my mind too few moments ago.

Everything is going great. I managed every trick that was in insibi0us video. Even the ghost thing (well.. it was hard, tried like 30 times). The sliding down that big pillar is extremely annoying. I die nearly every time. Hitting the floor, not the box.. Or then I have only one or two enegys left when I land..

Aww..
slYnki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Capture cards are wicked.... I must get one in about a month.....
acxy500

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The ghost trick is uber hard. For me it's really random (maybe just me)
I always put the grenade to wrong place or something..
One time I finally got the ghost thrue, I got killed by the flood thrue the door.. yeah.

I've done it right twice.

Best time so far: (normal) 12:02
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » High Speed Halo All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: