HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Breath dam xbox360 don't die!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey11223

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Breath dam xbox360 don't die!! Reply with quote
i have a major problem!! I was playing halo2 over xboxlive. The game finished and took me to the scoreboard. I then turned off my xbox360. When i truned it on again the ring around a power button was red and it wouldn't start up! Im just gonna leave it now. My power adapter thingy always has an orange light so i assume thats normal. JUst tell me why she is dieing!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Ok i just unplugged al my cables and put em in again. When i first tried it again it turned on. But then the green ring dimmed and it turned off. The second time i tried it stayed on and it is now working. I think it may be a power suuply fault. I'm keeping an eye on it but any ideas wud put me at ease. Confused
NuclearShark

Location: Thinking up a witty 'your mum...' joke...*Thinks* Ouch...Thinking hurts...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where abouts is your console and power adapter? It sounds like one or the other is overheating. They need to be kept cool, so make sure they aren't wedged in a corner or whatever.
And:

joey11223 wrote:
My power adapter thingy always has an orange light so i assume thats normal

Do you mean it has an amber light on all the time? Mine has a green light when it's on and amber when it's off. Not sure if that's what you meant, but I thought I'd check.
OpsY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Red light: When you unplug it or it needs more power( on the power block)
Orange: Xbox is in standby, Not on but plugged with enought power to start
green: Xbox is opened with enought power to run

Now the LED Circle on front: green= Ok
Red= Not ok

The main problem i've got with it is that Your video cable isnt plugged properly. Either on its back either on front. dont fear to push it hard..
princeofthesword
Noble Trickster
Noble Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, another thing you can do is make certain that the Xbox system is in a completely open area (I have mine on the floor since it was getting too hot even in a three foot space slot), and put it on a flat, hard surface.

I took four plastic bottle caps and put them underneath the system at the rubber stoppers, gives it some more ground clearance. Only do this if you have the system laid flat, don't do it while vertical.

Keep us posted on what's working and what isn't, it might be a hardware flaw.

Farewell 343 Guilty Spark
0={====>
Snookizzle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got my 360 on Jan 1 and i havent had any problems....
(gets home to find out it has exploded)
any ways, ive heard about problems with the emulator software and i was wondering if mine is ok since i got mine after Christmas Question
joey11223

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
its working ok now. The first time was the av cable. I think it was just two hot so im doing the bottle cap method. thanks " Princeofthesword"!!
Gilthanas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
if the ring of light is half red then the 360 is to hot and, as a failsafe system it wont do anythin till it cools down. just a tip if u need it later
Agent ME

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Snookizzle wrote:
I got my 360 on Jan 1 and i havent had any problems....
(gets home to find out it has exploded)
any ways, ive heard about problems with the emulator software and i was wondering if mine is ok since i got mine after Christmas Question

It doesn't matter... You could've gotten the first xbox 360 made and it wouldn't matter - xbox live updates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tabuto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah as kron said, do not worry. your box is not dieing although you may need to push in the cords more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
drumerdude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
haha this is funny bc te same thing happened to me if it does this again it will keep getting worse mine just did it and i sent it to get fixed the av chords is what i thought too
Mr. FuzzyWinks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well you can always hug it and ask it to not do it again. Wink Worth a shot. Or you can just sit it ontop of your regular xbox, play it for less than 4 hours and look at it when your in pregame lobby in halo 2 for xbox live on your original xbox. Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » 360 Only Halo Related Bugs All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: