HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

Please help me soft my my xbox, I only have 1 day!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » General Modding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleohess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Please help me soft my my xbox, I only have 1 day! Reply with quote
My friend from school let me borrow his Splinter Cell game (Original edition, not platinum) for one day. Can someone tell me how to Soft mod my xbox with it? (PS, if you have AIM and want to help, AIM me. My name is Michel J Caboose)
Agent ME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you have Action Replay?

Anyways, you need to do research first, and there's no way you can cram the knowledge you need in a day. Well, maybe there is, but I still doubt it. Otherwise you'll end up like the people who unlocked their hard drives, or deleted their softmod save and dashboard thinking that was how you uninstalled it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
doubleohess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have an AR, but for some reason Ndure INstaller gives me a black screen...

The readme says : "Note that many Action Replay cards corrupt large saves which results in a black or error 21 screen. Solution could be to use a small gamesave exploit to grant access to the hd and copy this save to the E:\UDATA folder via ftp, Or use another memory card."

What are these Smaller Saves?

Edit: Also, If I give back splinter Cell I can still mod and stuff after I originaly use the game, right?
Agent ME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, once you have a softmodded xbox, you don't need Splintercell.

Anyways, you need to go find an old Font or Audio exploit save on #xbins. Find one that in the readme it says to "put so-and-so file here and this file here". Get that save and put on xbox and use it, but DO NOT FOLLOW ITS DIRECTIONS.

Instead, FTP to the IP address it shows, and then unzip Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 Installer, and drag the UDATA folder to the xbox's E drive.

Then reboot, delete the old save, and use Krayzie's Ndure 1.1 Installer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
doubleohess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't find any whose readme's say that...Can you tell me a certin one which will work?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » General Modding Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: