HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The Offical Superbounce Q&A, IRC Channel Now In Place!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: The Offical Superbounce Q&A, IRC Channel Now In Place! Reply with quote
Welcome to the Offical Superbounce Q&A
Original idea by Wooden Foot, thanks go out to him <3

IRC Channel!

If you have access you mIRC or similar IRC programs, you can now ask me questions and get a direct answer if Im there (which I usually am). Simply join #QandA and ask your question Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where you come to ask all your questions and queries about superbouncing, and only about superbouncing. There are stickies provided for you for other things you may need to ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips and Hints for Superbouncing

- Any crouch spot will work with any superbounce. The ones you see in videos are the ones they use out of conveniance.

- Holding crouch will cause a superbounce not to work.

- Crouching under a crouch spot will allow you to do multiple bounces without having to crouch somewhere again so long as you do not press crouch in between bounces.

- The distance your crouch spot is from the bounce spot does not matter at all. Your crouch spot could be at the other side of the map. Wont matter.

- Running into objects will not reduce the probability of a superbounce so long as you're staying in motion.

- Melee'ing, shooting, jumping and throwing grenades will not reduce the probability of a superbounce.

- If you miss your superbounce on the first try, another crouch is not necessary unless you pressed crouch.

- Superbounces can be performed without crouching. However, the probability is low.

- Framerate does not affect the probability of a superbounce. It only makes movement harder to control

- Superbounces can be performed on both PAL 60 and PAL 50. Although, only a few PAL 50 bounces have been discovered. If you're on an NTSC box, you have nothing to worry about.

Tutorials

Please watch these tutorials if you're having trouble superbouncing. These people were kind enough to give you some help.

Flames69's Superbouncing For Dummies

- Click here

ReiKo's Superbouncing For Dummies V2

- Click here

Team Fx's Partner Bounce Guide

- Click here

Steve the Plank's Lockout PAL 50 Bounce Guide

- Click here

These should give you a very good understanding of bouncing. If you still can't nail bounces, just ask.

Spring Bouncing

idgetdagnome wrote:
1. How to perform a spring bounce.

Performing a spring bounce is quite easy, as most of you know, however it can get difficult. First, you jump above your targeted landing area. While at the max height of your jump, press and hold crouch. Finally, right as you hit your targeted landing area, release crouch. If done correctly, you will bounce off of the area. The hiegth of the bounce varies, but if done right, some type of bounce will always occur.

2. My explanation as to why Spring Bounces work.

I believe that spring bounces work for one simple reason. My theory is that the area where you land is both a collision point in the map, and an area of the map where your body can become part of the map. Now, the reason your normal SuperBounce works is because when you crouch, your body becomes a part of the map, releasing crouch but still staying in crouched position makes you stay as part of the map. Now, when you hit a grid line or a collision point in a map, your body will start to fall through the map; being either shot out (SuperBounce), or continue falling through and death by Gaurdians. So, my theory is that due to a Spring Bounce location being both a spot in a map where your body becomes part of the map, and a collision point; a bounce is the result.

3. Testing/Proving.

I've been working on testing this theory for days. I have come to a conclusion that I am at least mostly correct.

My proof for the theory of it being a point in the map where your body becomes part of the map is that after performing a successfuly Spring Bounce, I can also go on after I land and perform any other Super Bounce with ease(just as if I had went into a normal crouch spot).

My proof of it being a collision point is that I can perform a SuperBounce on one grid line/collision point, and perform a double SuperBounce on the Spring Bounce location. Also, I can perform a single bounce off of the area.

If you ask a question about a certain bounce, your question may take longer to be answered because the case may be that only some people can do that bounce time and time again.

If you find a bounce, post it in Flames69's Offical Superbounce Sticky

Flames69 wrote:

1) Don't post requests for filmers in my sticky. Instead, do you and me a favor by posting your requests in this thread:

XBL/XBC Requests

2) Don't post unless it's a vid of a New super bounce or a Picture Tutorial of a New super bounce. Anything else will be regarded as spam. Spam is anything that isn't a vid, pic tut, or a text tutorial for new super bounces. If it's anything else then I will Black List you.

3) Don't send me PM's that have unreasonable suggestions.

4) Don't complain if your super bounce wasn't added due to the fact it was old, extremely similar to another documented bounce (basically old), or the vid quality was so horrible that I couldn't even see the bounce.

5) If the same super bounce has been posted by multiple people I will add the first posted vid to the list. I use this rule to avoid problems.

6) Don't complain about credit. High Impact Halo is a place where tricks and glitches are shared throughout the Halo community.

7) Superbounce montages will only be added if they have super bounces from at least FOUR different maps. No Exceptions!

The Superbouncer Gamertag List [A-Z]

- Axid Reflex
- Ape Universe
- Baseball1572
- Bob132465798
- Chaos444
- cozce
- Gimmpy666
- Hermanitis
- Johnintoit
- JRrider21
- JT|SlashRF
- KILLER 047
- killerleader
- LINK12823
- Mike590
- oX Notorious Xo
- RJH 13
- Rouge Wrath (Major Madcat)
- Scoringhornet
- Simple DizZzle
- SPNKr Matt
- Tabuto
- tyler21w
- tzvii
- WonkierBubble
- Zmanjr

Only add these gamertags if you're seeking bounce help.

Use this facility, it's for you

Happy bouncing! Wink

Edit by GXM: Stickied

Last edited by ReiKo PwNzZz on Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:24 am; edited 21 times in total
VODE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
w007 1st post. ok heres my question. the pillars next to camp froman. on zanzi . i heard soem 1 say that you can superjump to get up there where is that bounce at
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes you can

Have a look in the Superbounce Sticky
Orangepearlsrt4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I need help doing the superbounces on Gemini and Terminal. Mostly Gemini but terminal too. thanx my GT is Soulassassin01.
S!mpleŠ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reiko maybe you should make a little section where good bouncers can offer to put there name so that if someone wants to know a particular bounce than they can check out the list and send one of them a friend request and help them out with their bouncing troubles.

Just an idea. Idea
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yup, thank you Simple

I can use the superbounce section from the "Area of Skills Database" thread I made a while back

Thank you for reminding me
xpiredmilk

Location: Trying to find a way out of Sanctuary Sbing GT:z13dggy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a superbounce that brings you to the top of the relic tower?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is, but it's extremely hard to do

I have done a double on the ledge on the side of the tower and got ontop a few times, but it was pretty lucky
JRrider21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's about time this got stickied. Congrats Reiko, you better take care of her (the sticky that is lol). Dont blacklist me just yet... I have a legitimate request. Can you add my name to the superbouncer Gamertag list? GT= JRrider21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
JRrider <3

You know how much I'm on HIH, so that comment is invalid Razz
baseball

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh and Reiko, maybe change my name on the gamertag list to baseball1572 Wink
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Done
L00MiT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q:Reiko, do you know of any tutorials for bouncing on waterworks?
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a documented (read:vid) superbounce for getting on the Relic tower? I might attempt it and film it, although I've never really done much bouncing... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tzvii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
StrawberryClock wrote:
Is there a documented (read:vid) superbounce for getting on the Relic tower? I might attempt it and film it, although I've never really done much bouncing... Confused

I know that theres double bounces up to it but I havent seen a single bounce to get up
(CC!) Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
:O Reiko how am I not on there Sad
xpiredmilk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I have done a double on the ledge on the side of the tower and got ontop a few times, but it was pretty lucky

If there is why hasn't anyone documented it, i am just curious because i have been looking for a superbounce that brings you up there for awhile now, and I would just like to know how to do it. If anyone knows it and wants to teach me via xbl my gt: z13dggy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JRrider21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
xpiredmilk wrote:
Quote:

If there is why hasn't anyone documented it, i am just curious because i have been looking for a superbounce that brings you up there for awhile now, and I would just like to know how to do it. If anyone knows it and wants to teach me via xbl my gt: z13dggy.

One reason its not documented, at least as far as I can see, is that the double itself is totally random. So you could be filming for hours on end without getting up there. Thats the only logical reason I can think of. There is also a triple (I am told) that gets you up there that was found by YoMommaGotBeef that gets you to the top. Im not 100% sure if he is the finder but thats who I was told did it. I too am working on a way up there that both myself and clanmate Th3CrazyMid3t have found. First try came a few feet from the top. Unfortunatly we havent been able to recreate it Sad . If I can do it I'll document it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, if there's ANY vid at all, either one or multiple bounces, can someone post it if they find it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xpiredmilk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

One reason its not documented, at least as far as I can see, is that the double itself is totally random. So you could be filming for hours on end without getting up there. Thats the only logical reason I can think of. There is also a triple (I am told) that gets you up there that was found by YoMommaGotBeef that gets you to the top. Im not 100% sure if he is the finder but thats who I was told did it. I too am working on a way up there that both myself and clanmate Th3CrazyMid3t have found. First try came a few feet from the top. Unfortunatly we havent been able to recreate it Sad . If I can do it I'll document it.

Thanks for the info i needed it.
ll Dylan ll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Please Help Me With This Superbounce. Reply with quote
There is a movie of it here:

http://media.putfile.com/Out-of-Zanzibar-in-Matchmaing

But its hard to make out how to actually do it. For those of you who dont want to view the movie its the one that gets you onto the wall to the right of camp froman if you are looking at it. Ill check for post if anyone can help. Also, my Xbox Live Gamertag is ll Dylan ll.
i-want-to-bounce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: cant find a superbounce *turf* Reply with quote
i cant find the super bounce on turf where u jump from one side of the level to the top of the level and can walk around outside and if you have a sniper you can snipe.

anyway its off the road like past the bunker at the other end of the hanger or whatever
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

If you're looking for a superbounce, look through the Superbounce Sticky.
MCspartan123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q: On Headlong, I am trying to perform the crane bounce and once I get to the top of the building, I am supposed to jump towards the crane and land on some ledge. I cant find that ledge! I've d/loaded a vid but it didn't help. Could you tell me or post a pic of the ledge.
xpiredmilk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
on headlong there is the statue and the bridge that u walk across to go in the building that has three floors i am trying to do the one where u crouch in one of the triangle thingys jump off and (hold foward the whole way and u supposedly do it from my friends) but i just cant get it to work does it have anything to do with what tv settings i have or is it just something u can or cant do?
i-want-to-bounce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok i done looked on the super bounce sticky but i couldnt find it.

its a super bounce on turf if you do it you can snipe behind the wall thats behind the tent as some people say. it looks like a half circle with the enterances like about 3 people can fit in, and infront of it is like alot of barriers to stop grenaids.

anyway you jump from the top of the either side and land ontop of the tent and then you super bounce out of the level, and you can snipe and you'll either be back in the level if your on one side if your on the other side you can land ontop of the level, or you can walk out or something.

lets say you start at the alien crash site or whatever with the crates infront of it, you turn left and take the hallway to the most left and then go down the ramp and to the left will be the "tent", and like on the ramp theres a walkway with 2 or 3 grenaid barriers then in the middle theres a area where you can super bounce or something.
Crazy Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey i need help wit lockout bounce to get on top.

Gt= CrAzIeDyLaN
idgetdagnome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
ok i done looked on the super bounce sticky but i couldnt find it.

its a super bounce on turf if you do it you can snipe behind the wall thats behind the tent as some people say. it looks like a half circle with the enterances like about 3 people can fit in, and infront of it is like alot of barriers to stop grenaids.

anyway you jump from the top of the either side and land ontop of the tent and then you super bounce out of the level, and you can snipe and you'll either be back in the level if your on one side if your on the other side you can land ontop of the level, or you can walk out or something.

lets say you start at the alien crash site or whatever with the crates infront of it, you turn left and take the hallway to the most left and then go down the ramp and to the left will be the "tent", and like on the ramp theres a walkway with 2 or 3 grenaid barriers then in the middle theres a area where you can super bounce or something.

You mean the crouch bounce on the med hut?

Just jump from the rooftop to the left/right of the red middle of the med hut; hold crouch in mid air, and let go right as you hit the hut.

Q: What is that little "invisible floor" type thing sometimes when trying a superbounce. You like stop in mid air, then slowly fall to the ground Confused
Tabuto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
add me to bouncer list mb lolz.
baseball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, I looked through the superbounce topic, but couldn't see it. Today on Ivory Tower, I did a "spring bounce" on the suspended pots (similar to the Turf sb). Any idea if this is new or not?
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's old BB Sad

SPNKr Matt found it a while ago. I'm sure it's in the sticky.
jagg3d Shrapn3l

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey HIH i am your newest member! Very Happy Ok well anyways i saw a bounce in Yasha's 3rd volume of "Cause Bouncing is teh s uck" on Sanctuary where he jumped off the turret and bounced right out of the map. Could someone post a vid of that for me? Also a vid of the Chain SB to get ontop of Relic Tower. Thnx alot guys. Cool
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look in the superbounce sticky for the Sanctuary bounce, but the Relic tower chain has not been documented yet due to it's difficulty.
jagg3d Shrapn3l

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will do thanx for help im gonna need it. Laughing
tzvii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where is the superbounce to the top of the pizzacutter on Burial Mounds?
jagg3d Shrapn3l

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Top of Pizza Cutter bounce ^^ http://ducain.org/hihforum/viewtopic.php?t=78314 Cool
EDIT: If u need a better explained one just ask ill try to find it for ya Wink
tzvii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't ever get it Sad I tried about 50 times and didn't get it once.
jagg3d Shrapn3l

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep its a VERY difficult one. keep trying im sure youll get it Cool
jagg3d Shrapn3l

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok i looked in the SB sticky and the one to bounce out of Relic is not documented. Could someone (preferably Yasha) post a vid?
P.S. Yasha should document it because it was in his vid. thanks guyz Cool
crosseyes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm new to this board and stuff, but I have a superjump question.

I was trying to do the turf superbounce seen in perfectdarkzero's video . I do everything exactly as they do, but either I always go into the ground a little, the screen starts shaking, and I am pushed back to ground level. I also follow all the tips in the first post. What's wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a new technique for bouncing and I seem to pull any bounce of when I do it.

I may make a vid if demands are high.
xX MLG Xx Loki

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q: I have been trying for a long time to do the superbounce that is posted in the sticky on Coagulation. The one where you crouch at the front of the base, and jump into it to make a quick flag grab. If anyone can show me or tell me in more detail. Thanks to anyone that can help. my XBL gamertag is xX MLG Xx Loki
dday25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q: if you dont have pal 60 or 50 can u still super bounce Question I dont have that setting Exclamation

Last edited by dday25 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
theneighborrkid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, I'm down south visiting colleges so and am using my dads verizon card to access the net (yeah im on the road right now) along with a crappy IBM laptop, so anyways, I have two questions, I saw a video posted somewhere in the superbounce sticky, believe it was called TacticalB on mythica. anyways it had a bounce that got you out of sanctuary, using that rock below the hole in the invisible wall, so this brings me to my first question, can anyone tell me exactly where you land because everytime i bounce i go straight up and am a good 20 ft away from the hole when i bounce, because i just go straight up. Alright and with that i get to my second question, so after about half an hour of trying to do this bounce successfully, i managed to do a triple bounce, i did one of the rock, one to the left of the walkway by the center structure, and one in front of the red base, i was so shocked and i was wondering if that was new? Thanks for any help

-TNK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dday25 wrote:
Q: if you dont have pal 60 or 50 can u still super bounce Question I dont have that setting Exclamation

If you don't have either of those, you don't have a PAL xbox. Your xbox will be NTSC which is the equivelant of PAL 60, so yes, you can bounce.
crosseyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TNK, I don't know about your first question. But, for the second one, I saw a vid of a quadrupal bounce in the sticky so it is probably not new.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, more often than not, chains are pretty easy to figure out as there is certain objects and things to look out for that always provide a link in the chain.
dday25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q: when you go into your friends list and then go out of it and the screen is all wierd what do the super bouncin spots look like Question
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lines usually.

If you're new to bouncing, look for huge cracks in the ground (no friends list required) and land nearer the tip of the crack for a nice bounce.
Kazuki

Location: Getting Ready To Sword Fly Over The Walls of School

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the superjump to get out of Terminal and Sanctuary documented?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: