HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The Offical Superbounce Q&A, IRC Channel Now In Place!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosseyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
crosseyes wrote:
I'm new to this board and stuff, but I have a superjump question.

I was trying to do the turf superbounce seen in perfectdarkzero's video . I do everything exactly as they do, but either I always go into the ground a little, the screen starts shaking, and I am pushed back to ground level. I also follow all the tips in the first post. What's wrong?

reposting because of another page. Noone seemed to see that Wink.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you been holding forward, even when you hit the ground?
crosseyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yip. I'm also fairly sure I got enough height. I hit the ceiling in the exact position of the video. I think I was a little to the right though. I doubt that much would matter...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
When doing it, look straight forward but use your left analogue stick to move forward and to the right.
crosseyes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! I'll do it when this vid is done downloading.
dday25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Q: Once you find a super bounce spot, do u have to jump from a taller hieght than the hieght of the super bounce or can you just jump onto it from any distance Question
idgetdagnome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
for most, almost all, you have to be atleast a hiegth that is greater than MasterChief.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most superbounces wont work if you jump straight down to it. Usually an angled jump from about twice the height of Master Cheif should do it nicely.
dday25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I still have no clue how to find a super bounce spot when you do the thing when you go into the friends list and than out everything looks the same if i could get an example of one that woould be great i mean what am i looking for i mean like someone told me you look for lines but there are lines everywhere and all the lines are really big and do i just jump anywhere on one of those long lines? I could really use any advice because i a pretty new t this
notgoodatall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: bouncing Reply with quote
i cant bounce at all help me some one
dday25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
same here
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: bouncing Reply with quote
dday25 wrote:
I still have no clue how to find a super bounce spot when you do the thing when you go into the friends list and than out everything looks the same if i could get an example of one that woould be great i mean what am i looking for i mean like someone told me you look for lines but there are lines everywhere and all the lines are really big and do i just jump anywhere on one of those long lines? I could really use any advice because i a pretty new t this

Watch my "Superbouncing for Dummies V2".

If you still can't find them, you're not doing it properly. If that's the case, I will post a few pictures of what a bounce spot looks like.

notgoodatall wrote:

If you don't elaborate on what you can't do, I refuse to help you. Until then, watch the mentioned videos that are listed on the first post of this sticky.
dday25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea if you could post some pics that would be great Exclamation
MaCeGaC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
anybody know how to do a bounce for terminal that gets you to the spawn room ledge?
notgoodatall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: bouncing Reply with quote
ReiKo PwNzZz wrote:
dday25 wrote:

Watch my "Superbouncing for Dummies V2".

If you still can't find them, you're not doing it properly. If that's the case, I will post a few pictures of what a bounce spot looks like.

notgoodatall wrote:

If you don't elaborate on what you can't do, I refuse to help you. Until then, watch the mentioned videos that are listed on the first post of this sticky.

i cant find those bounce spots, and i know about a few but when i try them i dont get when im supposed to crouch and schlapskie. i need like directions on when to push and let go of what buttons, im retarded
ReiKo PwNzZz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just watch the videos on the first page.

They couldn't help you any more.
notgoodatall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i watched your movie and i have no clue what your looking for after you go into the friends list, i see the screen detail change but i dont see anything that lookes like some sort of magical spot
idgetdagnome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
you look for the grid lines..in his vid...the grid lin might not have looked like anything special..but it was where the two lins met by the edge of the purple ramp....

also..its not that hard...crouch into a spot...let go of crouch while still holding forwards..jump onto SB spot
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Broken Cross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a tut on how to do the superbounce to get outta terminal
theneighborrkid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can i just get some hi quality pics of where exactly you land for these bounces (and mark the bounce spot with magnum bullets or something...) the zanzi bounce that gets you out of the map, on the left of the defensive base if you are looking at it from rocket spawn, the bounce that gets you out of terminal, and the bounce that gets you out of sanctuary, i have seen videos of two of em, but still cant get the bounces to work properly, thanks!

-TNK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
corpsey|xXPantPooperXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mods, Reikos stickys need to be given to another member to manage them since he is now gone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
an@$$KiCkInGKow-BOI

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
please can anyone help me I need some superbounces that can be done in splitscreen PLEASE PM ME WITH ANYTHING Embarassed
corpsey|xXPantPooperXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
im pretty sure they can all be done in split screen, i do them in it for fun when my net is down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Crazy Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Relic Reply with quote
Can any1 find a single bounce to top of Relic?
hanzo_4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ehh, how do i find out what pal version i have?? yeah...im retarded...>_<'

if it helps, its the halo edition xbox
tzvii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone give me a tutorial on the crane bounce on headlong? I can't get the one to get onto that building either.
corpsey|xXPantPooperXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
send me a fr, i am good at the base one and okay at the crane bounce
corpsey|xXPantPooperXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hanzo_4 wrote:
ehh, how do i find out what pal version i have?? yeah...im retarded...>_<'

if it helps, its the halo edition xbox
watch this vid and it tells you how to find out, make sure you have it set on pal50, and you will be able to bounce.
hanzo_4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TV|corpsey wrote:
watch this vid and it tells you how to find out, make sure you have it set on pal50, and you will be able to bounce.

hey thanks for the link...but my xbox doesnt give me any of those options.. just gives me the three basic stuff like normal letter and wide. no pal opts or anything. >_<
corpsey|xXPantPooperXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
then you have a NTSC Xbox so you should be able to bounce with no problem Smile
hanzo_4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ahh, thanks for all the help man.

after about an hour i finally got my first bounce Laughing
Now after watching does videos it still doesnt work well...
Do i hold A after jumping?
Do i have to look down? because it seems to work err sometimes heh
and do i have to hit the Line dead on?
Cheersdup

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the front of the sticky; it tells you about the myths of bouncing.

For quick reference: No you do not have to tap or hold A, no looking down does not increase your chances (although it may help you hit the spot), and it depends on the bounce about landing i.e. the bounce between the wheel and that camp froman/forman w/e you can land pretty much anywhere on the crack and do the bounce. There's one spot near the left that you almost always fall thru with, but otherwise its an easy one.

Edit: Please add that you don't have to hold or tap the A button to the Hints and Tips box.

-Ch33
F1R3B0Y

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: SUPER BOUNCE HELP ME I'M A NOOB Reply with quote
Ok maybe I'm retarded. I get the crouching and the lines in the map. but after you jump to your super bounce spot..do you have to hold forward or A or release any buttons at a certain time or what? I can do the one on Zanzibar by continuing to hold forward and A but it doesn't seem to work on any others. .......PLEASE HELP!!!!!
hanzo_4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, after much video observation, i have one last question Embarassed maybe. >_<'

jumping on a ledge to superbounce, ex: ascension,sniper tower by rocket spawn. Does any ledge serve as a LINE.

again, thanks for any help guys.
BlackShadowAlchemist

Location: does it matter because no matter where you go, there you are

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
how do you do the double bounce to get on top of the big crane on headlong??? and is there anything special that needs to be done for the main super bounce.
MaCeGaC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
basiclly, on the last bounce try to land on the lil platfrom while turning in the air slowly
[iH] Notorious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPER BOUNCE HELP ME I'M A NOOB Reply with quote
F1R3B0Y wrote:
Ok maybe I'm retarded. I get the crouching and the lines in the map. but after you jump to your super bounce spot..do you have to hold forward or A or release any buttons at a certain time or what? I can do the one on Zanzibar by continuing to hold forward and A but it doesn't seem to work on any others. .......PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Trial and error is basically the way to figure out the technique. It take a while to figure it out but eventually you can nail a bounce every time.

Sorry I've not been here to answer guys. I'm back now.
corpsey|xXPantPooperXx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i got warthog rammed me and i went really high and when i hit the ground i bounced, i hadnt been trying to bounce at all during that game. ps it was on coag

we havent recreated it, is it new or old
[iH] Notorious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Old I'm afraid.

Yasha's done it a few times in the GITS series.
dyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying to do the jump on Zanzibar to get outside the map. After a few tries I can do the jump and land on a pillar, but for some reason I can't get out. Is there a special way to get over this invisible wall? I've tried jumping, jumping at an angle, crouch-jumping, grenades... I really can't do it and I don't know why. Anyone have a suggestion?
[iH] Notorious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Out of Zanzibar

Watch that and maybe you'l have a better understanding. Crouch before you land then jump forward.
griffzer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can somebody please give me either an in depth text tut on finding and testing super bounces, or maybe send me a FR on XBL (GT: GRIFFZER) and show me? I am not new to super bounces and glitching I know alot more than my friends so You shouldnt have any trouble explaining it to me. Unless I get frusterated and ask every little detail of what you did, that should not happen though. Thanks guys
[iH] Notorious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you watched the tutorial videos listed on the first page?
Crazy Berry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, Ive watch the Videos and i have been able to do most of the jumps a couple of times. My only problem is that I succeed only once about every 10 times.

Heres what I do:

I crouch undersomething, and when I get stuck I release crouch. (Is it supposed to shake because it doesn't for me?)

Then I walk (and jump) to the place I want to jump from to the bounce spot. (Am I supposed to keep pressing forward or can i make stops?)

I finally make the jump on the marked spot. (Im not tapping "a" but some vids tell me to?)

Help?
[iH] Notorious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ignore the tapping A advice. That's BS. As long as you come from your crouch spot straight to the jump spot, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if you stop moving, it kind of cancels your crouch so to speak. So don't stand still when bouncing.
BlackShadowAlchemist

Location: does it matter because no matter where you go, there you are

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ohhhhh no wonder i never get super bounces to work right. i never thought of that. thanks a lot b4by.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Jumping Discussion All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: