HIH frontpage
NOTICE TO ALL HIH USERS:

This is the HIH version 2 forum archive, locked and read-only.

-HIH Admin Staff

The Mombasa Massacre *MOVIE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soupa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ralph the Wonder Llama wrote:
Thanks, just to let you know, are you sure those wavy lines aren't supposed to be there? Certian scenes like the camera scene they were. Also, you may be referring to the 50 spartan scene, which is just the footage being cut up and put together. Thanks again

Hmmm, I don't know i've never really seen a movie that could actually use it, aside from a picture in picture scene making it look like a bad signal.

Otherwise no problem, I hope people will begin to rely on my ratings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RcT Cuber 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was incredible. Absolutely incredible.
comradx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
"Otherwise no problem, I hope people will begin to rely on my ratings."

nobody cares, or should care, about ratings so much as the feedback they get on what to improve. so long as you keep posting your thoughts on in that regard, im sure they will use your ideas to get better hopefully.
Ralph the Wonder Llama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
"Otherwise no problem, I hope people will begin to rely on my ratings."

nobody cares, or should care, about ratings so much as the feedback they get on what to improve. so long as you keep posting your thoughts on in that regard, im sure they will use your ideas to get better hopefully.

I thought they were pretty helpful, Next time I'll be sure to have Jamie watch for bad looking areas, also comrad, me and Jamie are making a new movie...your feedback would be nice to have so we don't make any mistakes for our next one...try and get it as soon as possible.

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
M45TACHI3F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wasn't that good, 6.2/11, if you would have done less spinning around to make me dizzy, and not have taken out the real sound of the BR and put in a sound of a gun that didn't even have anything to do with a 3 round burst, oh, and about the gun, you forgot to change it a couple times, so it just sounded funky. Also, the music was more for a happy and then a sudden sad thing happening, although, the only reason that you got even a 6 is because the editing was, how you say, 'top notch'
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lovely.

It got a bit boring towards the end though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ralph the Wonder Llama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
M45TACHI3F wrote:
Wasn't that good, 6.2/11, if you would have done less spinning around to make me dizzy, and not have taken out the real sound of the BR and put in a sound of a gun that didn't even have anything to do with a 3 round burst, oh, and about the gun, you forgot to change it a couple times, so it just sounded funky. Also, the music was more for a happy and then a sudden sad thing happening, although, the only reason that you got even a 6 is because the editing was, how you say, 'top notch'

Thanks, sorry about the spinning scenes. They are great for dramatic effect...lol...never thought anyone would get dizzy. Also, sorry about the BR sound for the Steel team. We wanted to separate their gun from the White team, however we can't find high quality gun shots so we got stuck with that horrible sounding gun shot. And that was the basic idea of the movie, it started off happy with peace and the sudden sad event occurs, that being fighting of the armies. Thanks again
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
metal zohnny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I must say i have been in alot of videos and filmed alot but that was prolly the best filming and editing i have ever seen nice job
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought the soundFX were perfect. I especially liked steel teams. i believe it was an M16 sfx. and standard BR sfx for white team. I like to differentiate every teams weapons,makes them unquie. though I did forget to add a different sfx for yellow team in the end.
Boogrman

Location: hiding somewhere foggy, secretly plotting againt foreign countries, gt:Boogrman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
THATS the best movie i've probobly ever seen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hell4u2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
omg..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked it was perfect as far as i could see.... 10.99999999999999999999999999999999/10
leet moses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is truly a work of art.
border patrol 6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Exclamation holy schlapskie that was by far one of the best halo 2 movies i've ever seen
FutileAttempt

Location: Playing video games with some grunts. GT: (No XBL *cries*)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The beginning was a little rough, but in the end, it totally KICKED ARSE!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 9.99/10

Way better than Chaos on the Creek!

The only thing I expected to see more was at the end when the camera was falling away from the gold guy at the edge of the ocean was a bunch of other gold guys walking around the city. And yet, STILL FRICKING GJ!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scarface ESJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
THAT WAS A VERY VERY VERY GOOD MOVIE! VERY NICE!

Our Clan is a movie making clan, called Shimooona, and we would like you to join up with us, so we can make movies together.

Send a FR to Scarface ESJ if you want to join up with us.

www.freewebs.com/shimooona
TheMaker420
Movie News Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
meh. i didnt care for it much. ill try to get a review typed up this weekend outlining what was good and not so good jamie. it really is a shame tho nobody ever wants to post negatives at this forum tho. oh well. ill make note of some aspects that you can improve on in a few days. glad to see you making a vid tho. its been a while.

Most people don't know how to actually review a movie without being over-positive or over-negative. You seem the capture the good and the bad in your reviews which is good, but you always seem to come at an agressive attack kind of way. I'd like to know a movie that can compete with this in your eyes comradx? Thanks.

PS: I'd right a review, but I'm busy with other stuff.

~Maker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tak3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Man...That came out awsome. Every scene I was in, I either didn't die or I was the last to die. Very Happy
Awsome work.
king of games

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
best movie ever. 13/10 (best i have ever given someone)

wow. if you ever need help or anything im open guy. wow...
comradx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I donít like the tone of the presentation you had in the vid here Jamie. Vid quality was ok. Ive seen plenty better, but honestly for a halo vid, you donít need to worry too much about vid quality so long as it gets the point across. Some of the cam shots and cinematography was VERY cool. Other spots were VERY dry. Editing was really good tho as usual.

To be honest I found the subject matter absurd. There are just no convincing story elements behind it at all. It goes into a full fledged war IMMEDIATELY and stays that way the rest of the movie. The tone goes from somber and peaceful to a loud scream that lasts the remainder of the film and gets very old very quickly.

Sure some shots were interesting, but neat cinematography doesnít make a movie good. It makes it better, but it can never make it good. You need direction. Btw, donít rely too much on turret shtos next time. They look cool, but other types of shots could work better in some cases here.

And I STILL would LOVE to see you work in some dialogue into your stuff. In the past your vids got lots of praise when the majority of draw to them were audio from games/movies constructed by professionals. I mean no offense by this, but 90% of the draw of good machinima films lie in the acting/writing. When that is all done for you, the other 10% is easy to work around.

The main problem I find here is that you jumped into a full fledged war for no real reason. Someone gets capped and next thing you know there is a friggin tank rolling around blowing everything up?! Címon now, lol. I did like how the audio wasnít directly from halo tho. That sound effect for the BR is getting old these days. And even tho I personally didnít care for the sound fx you did use in terms of being appropriate for the subject matter, I still think you deserve props for using new sfx there and to a decent degree as well. The head flying off bit was just cheesy man. The explosion was overdone there too, but it looks good in terms of the actual fx. Just that the explosions shouldnít be that drawn out imo.

Music got real old after a little bit. I didnít feel the tone was set well using the initial music and the other music for the war part didnít sit well with me either for whatever reason. I really liked hwo you portrayed the destruction after the battles tho. Great job with that.

I liked the music at the very end scenes tho. But wtf is up with the story? So these green/yellow guys decide they wanna start up schlapskie with the other 2 groups and get them to fight each otherÖthen at the end these green/yellow guys are walking around and the atmosphere portrays the survivors as being peaceful. Problem is, they are portrayed as if they were peaceful in the beginning even tho they started it allÖand for no friggin reason at that! This looks more like an attempt to find an excuse to make a big war movie to show off some of your cinematography. There is just no substance behind it at all. No real point to the video that I saw. I find it hard to really fault you on this tho since the halo community isnít mature enough by and large to really appreciate some of the more elaborately told plots and all anyone here usually cares about is explosions. If you make a vid without explosions, it automatically sucks. Meh. Thatís not what machinima is about. If I had to put a score on it, itíd be a 7/10. good stuff: cinematography, good fight scenes, good editing. Work on: aspects of the audio like more fitting music for setting an atmosphere up, some voicework/writing, and a few better sfx at times, no story and the plot was just too straight forward for me. Props: no canned audio this time, use of non-halo sfx for much of the film, catering to the fans and what they want even tho I donít like the direction it took.

I await all your fanboyís nasty pmís with baited breath, lol.

And donít whine about my review TheMaker. I KNOW you will since it ALWAYS happens. I may be a little harsh, but im honest, detailed, and fair. You cant ask for more in a reviewer imho. And as for better vids than this, several of xphyerís works as well as a few older notables. there is a LOT more to a good film than pointless violence.

As for pointing out more positives, you guys already know what you did well as others have stated. Keep in mind if I thought it was horrible, I wouldnít give it above a 4/10 at best. So overall its an ok film with some major drawbacks from my perspective in tersm of what I expected from you. Take this advice as you like. Donít like it? Fine, ignore it. Any questions are welcome btw from anyoneÖI KNOW my reviews tend to get plenty of fast paced discussions in these types of threads, lol. Let the crying begin! Tee hee.
Agent ME

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was a great action video, amazing for that, but doesn't seem to go much farther than that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ralph the Wonder Llama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't mind feedback comrad...I just don't like flamming, and I honestly thought you were trying to flame MGS when you said that box was scene was stupid. Remember this is the internet, I can't see your facial expression to know if your serious or mad.

I thank you for the feedback, I like the feedback. I will write a mental note to make sure to cover up some of these ideas. Me and Jamie are thinking of a pretty good, deep plot and we are using voices...well not voices but script...Also, I think you got a bit confused, the yellow dudes were never portrayed as peaceful...lol. It was the Steels and Whites, the Yellows just wanted to frame one army so the two would start a major fight, so Yellows could then take over easily.

Thanks again.
comradx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
at the end they are kinda portrayed as "returning" to a peaceful state. the atmosphere made it look as if they were set to return to that peace even tho it never existed. i didnt like that. the theme is whack imo. its like the bad guys start a huge war and then they end up killing the "good" guys and its like they are back to being peaceful. it just is bizarre really.
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
at the end they are kinda portrayed as "returning" to a peaceful state.

Maybe something happened in the past, The yellows once ruled the city until the steel&whites moved in and ran them off like we did to the indians lol. i agree with some of your opinions,not may of them tho. i thought the music flowed perfectly and you know i always like to add cheesy FX, like i did with that head. it breaks up the action. also, the reason they jump right into war as stated in the description the 2 teams were once at war and tension is always high,so at the first sign of a crime towards them they declare war immeditly.

comradx wrote:
glad to see you making a vid tho. its been a while.

did you see chaos on the creek? i made it a few weeks ago.
comradx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh yeah. i didnt watch it. i really didnt feel like watching it for whatever reason when i dl'd it. for some reason i must have blanked it outta my mind when i said its good to see you making stuff again, lol.

btw, dont rely on your desription to tell the story for you. in the vid, you didnt depict the tension at all. it just looked like a completely random war. kinda reminded me of taht fight scene in the anchorman. "things really esculated quickly" lol! i think you coulda done a LOT more with the storyline, especially given yer a kojima fan yourself. i know youve seen more elaborate plots from the likes of him.
HighHat314

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
I donít like the tone of the presentation you had in the vid here Jamie. Vid quality was ok. Ive seen plenty better, but honestly for a halo vid, you donít need to worry too much about vid quality so long as it gets the point across. Some of the cam shots and cinematography was VERY cool. Other spots were VERY dry. Editing was really good tho as usual.

To be honest I found the subject matter absurd. There are just no convincing story elements behind it at all. It goes into a full fledged war IMMEDIATELY and stays that way the rest of the movie. The tone goes from somber and peaceful to a loud scream that lasts the remainder of the film and gets very old very quickly.

Sure some shots were interesting, but neat cinematography doesnít make a movie good. It makes it better, but it can never make it good. You need direction. Btw, donít rely too much on turret shtos next time. They look cool, but other types of shots could work better in some cases here.

And I STILL would LOVE to see you work in some dialogue into your stuff. In the past your vids got lots of praise when the majority of draw to them were audio from games/movies constructed by professionals. I mean no offense by this, but 90% of the draw of good machinima films lie in the acting/writing. When that is all done for you, the other 10% is easy to work around.

The main problem I find here is that you jumped into a full fledged war for no real reason. Someone gets capped and next thing you know there is a friggin tank rolling around blowing everything up?! Címon now, lol. I did like how the audio wasnít directly from halo tho. That sound effect for the BR is getting old these days. And even tho I personally didnít care for the sound fx you did use in terms of being appropriate for the subject matter, I still think you deserve props for using new sfx there and to a decent degree as well. The head flying off bit was just cheesy man. The explosion was overdone there too, but it looks good in terms of the actual fx. Just that the explosions shouldnít be that drawn out imo.

Music got real old after a little bit. I didnít feel the tone was set well using the initial music and the other music for the war part didnít sit well with me either for whatever reason. I really liked hwo you portrayed the destruction after the battles tho. Great job with that.

I liked the music at the very end scenes tho. But wtf is up with the story? So these green/yellow guys decide they wanna start up schlapskie with the other 2 groups and get them to fight each otherÖthen at the end these green/yellow guys are walking around and the atmosphere portrays the survivors as being peaceful. Problem is, they are portrayed as if they were peaceful in the beginning even tho they started it allÖand for no friggin reason at that! This looks more like an attempt to find an excuse to make a big war movie to show off some of your cinematography. There is just no substance behind it at all. No real point to the video that I saw. I find it hard to really fault you on this tho since the halo community isnít mature enough by and large to really appreciate some of the more elaborately told plots and all anyone here usually cares about is explosions. If you make a vid without explosions, it automatically sucks. Meh. Thatís not what machinima is about. If I had to put a score on it, itíd be a 7/10. good stuff: cinematography, good fight scenes, good editing. Work on: aspects of the audio like more fitting music for setting an atmosphere up, some voicework/writing, and a few better sfx at times, no story and the plot was just too straight forward for me. Props: no canned audio this time, use of non-halo sfx for much of the film, catering to the fans and what they want even tho I donít like the direction it took.

And donít whine about my review TheMaker. I KNOW you will since it ALWAYS happens. I may be a little harsh, but im honest, detailed, and fair. You cant ask for more in a reviewer imho. And as for better vids than this, several of xphyerís works as well as a few older notables. there is a LOT more to a good film than pointless violence.

As for pointing out more positives, you guys already know what you did well as others have stated. Keep in mind if I thought it was horrible, I wouldnít give it above a 4/10 at best. So overall its an ok film with some major drawbacks from my perspective in tersm of what I expected from you. Take this advice as you like. Donít like it? Fine, ignore it. Any questions are welcome btw from anyoneÖI KNOW my reviews tend to get plenty of fast paced discussions in these types of threads, lol. Let the crying begin! Tee hee.

Believe it or not, critiques tend to tell more about the critic than the actual film, and you're a big meanie. D:

imho

P.S.: <3
Archbomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
holy schlapskie thats amazing
PearlWarrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HighHat314 wrote:
comradx wrote:

Believe it or not, critiques tend to tell more about the critic than the actual film, and you're a big meanie. D:

imho

WOW! I tihnk you're right.

I dont even know that many words.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
comradx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HighHat314 wrote:

imho

Im not big. Im of average size and stature I think. And your thoughts on reviews is pretty silly to be honest. There was just no thought out storey or plot or theme at all to this vid and it was abundantly clear it served as an excuse to make a big battle scene or several in fact. They were done pretty well, but still. Pointless action is still pointless. If thats yer thing, and juding by the average age on this forum I can see a lot of posters loving purely action-oriented films, then great. But ppl shouldnt whine when a more mature critic points out flaws in the direction or story elements when looking at it from that perspective either.
Ralph the Wonder Llama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
HighHat314 wrote:

imho

Im not big. Im of average size and stature I think. And your thoughts on reviews is pretty silly to be honest. There was just no thought out storey or plot or theme at all to this vid and it was abundantly clear it served as an excuse to make a big battle scene or several in fact. They were done pretty well, but still. Pointless action is still pointless. If thats yer thing, and juding by the average age on this forum I can see a lot of posters loving purely action-oriented films, then great. But ppl shouldnt whine when a more mature critic points out flaws in the direction or story elements when looking at it from that perspective either.

come on...let's not start a fight. It's a forum, comrad has a right to post what he wants, as a meanie or not.
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
HighHat314 wrote:

imho

There was just no thought out storey or plot or theme at all to this vid

most people forget about the story when they see a warthog barrel roll ontop of a dude. this movie was started as a pure action movie,thats the only thing I knew it would be,a big big action war movie. but you gotta give the story a bit more credit. 2 armys living in the same city, what would you do if 2 soldiers from your army were murdered,you would want vengence! to crush them! hells yea, so steel team served it up for em. blasted those fools ghetto style. so the survivor runs back to warn the others and ITS ON, so theres enough story to keep people happy. most people anyway.
FreeKi11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dragonmaster14400 wrote:
Smooth Ryder wrote:
Brandon23 wrote:
fwankman88 wrote:

by the way what editing software do you use? just curious.
he uses vegas and adobe premiere and adobe photoshop

actually I dont use Sony vegas, I used adobe premiere 6.5. and adobe after after effects for the shakey effect. and adobe photoshop for a few things like the broken 7th colum.

Don't you mean after effects 6.5?

And that movie.... was great

and you used an other program that i am not going to say because it is mostly secret to this site anyway whick program did you use for the vid in tv and pic on bildbords.

and the movie was alsome i mean i have no idea how come it is not framed on the front page.

i did see one thing wrong if you want to be nitpicky the sevent coulum was not broken for the later senes with the yellow army

and is every thing an effect or modds because you had like 30 people in a shot at times.

Last edited by FreeKi11 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
SeveringMrG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That was beautiful Jamie. I'm proud to be in it.
comradx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
he got that many on screen just by stitching 2 shtos together. you get a shot of an area with 15 guys all on the left side of teh screen, then one with them on the right w/o moving the camera...then you can edit them together if eyr careful so it all looks like one screen. its just picture in picture.
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FreeKi11 wrote:
and you used an other program that i am not going to say because it is mostly secret to this site anyway whick program did you use for the vid in tv and pic on bildbords.

and the movie was alsome i mean i have no idea how come it is not framed on the front page.

i did see one thing wrong if you want to be nitpicky the sevent coulum was not broken for the later senes with the yellow army

and is every thing an effect or modds because you had like 30 people in a shot at times.

i used premiere and photoshop for vid on tv shot,and the billboard. also for the explosion where the head went flying i used particlue illusions, I dont keep secrets like some other movie makers like to,if anymore wants to know how i did anything i will tell them here. about the front page comment, i agree, It seems the only things that make frontpage on hih are glitches,tricks and jumping videos. all machinma gets is a weekly movie roundup(that is always late) i think BIG movies should get more attention around here,the ones thats took lots of hardwork. and your last comment, I dont use mods in my movies. those big scenes were done in editing, with adobe premiere 6.5.
comradx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smooth Ryder wrote:

most people forget about the story when they see a warthog barrel roll ontop of a dude. this movie was started as a pure action movie,thats the only thing I knew it would be,a big big action war movie. but you gotta give the story a bit more credit. 2 armys living in the same city, what would you do if 2 soldiers from your army were murdered,you would want vengence! to crush them! hells yea, so steel team served it up for em. blasted those fools ghetto style. so the survivor runs back to warn the others and ITS ON, so theres enough story to keep people happy. most people anyway.

what ounce or two of plot there is was very poorly portrayed jamie. and i dont care what most ppl HERE AT HIH want in a movie. you wont ever see an action movie break any box office records or win any academy awards. there is a way to present action intelligently and this wasnt it. not that i really blame you for catering to your audience, but for those of us looking for a remotely well presented tale this wasnt it. for the audience im sure it was great...but when you take into account the several other aspects of what makes a great movie great, it misses on multiple fronts. but hey, most of the fans liked it, so its all good in the end.
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
he got that many on screen just by stitching 2 shtos together. you get a shot of an area with 15 guys all on the left side of teh screen, then one with them on the right w/o moving the camera...then you can edit them together if eyr careful so it all looks like one screen. its just picture in picture.

actually it was alot more then 2 clips put together, For the 1st big scene ALL the people you see on the top area were 1 person. some of the guys on the turrent level were the same guy as up top. the ones running on the bottom level were the same guys running behind then turrent. I had about 20+ video tracks in premiere,took a while.
FreeKi11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
im not sure if this was already asked but how long did it take you to make this movie becaue it looked as tho it would take less then half a year but chaos on the creek was out not to lon ago. where you makeing both at the same time? and what was longer filing or editing this film?
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
FreeKi11 wrote:
im not sure if this was already asked but how long did it take you to make this movie becaue it looked as tho it would take less then half a year but chaos on the creek was out not to lon ago. where you makeing both at the same time? and what was longer filing or editing this film?

Took about a week total, Editing definilty took alot longer then filming. chaos on the creek took a couple weeks for some reason and no I wasnt working on both at the same time.
FreeKi11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
one week holy site you good nice job. are you working or planing on anyting else.
~NL~Clayster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dude, thats the only halo movie that made me feel sad. What was the song at the end?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FreeKi11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
great movie

Last edited by FreeKi11 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
comradx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smooth Ryder wrote:

actually it was alot more then 2 clips put together, For the 1st big scene ALL the people you see on the top area were 1 person. some of the guys on the turrent level were the same guy as up top. the ones running on the bottom level were the same guys running behind then turrent. I had about 20+ video tracks in premiere,took a while.

why in gods name would you use so many? wouldnt 2 do the trick?
FirestormDX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Didn't really like this one that much. I did like Chaos on the Creek a lot though.
Smooth Ryder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
why in gods name would you use so many? wouldnt 2 do the trick?

didnt have 16 people to help me. So I used whoever was on at the moment.

~NL~Clayster wrote:
What was the song at the end?

it was "RUN" By SNOW PATROL
notSiD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote][quote]Smooth Ryder wrote:

most people forget about the story when they see a warthog barrel roll ontop of a dude. this movie was started as a pure action movie,thats the only thing I knew it would be,a big big action war movie. but you gotta give the story a bit more credit. 2 armys living in the same city, what would you do if 2 soldiers from your army were murdered,you would want vengence! to crush them! hells yea, so steel team served it up for em. blasted those fools ghetto style. so the survivor runs back to warn the others and ITS ON, so theres enough story to keep people happy. most people anyway.[/quote]

what ounce or two of plot there is was very poorly portrayed jamie. and i dont care what most ppl HERE AT HIH want in a movie. you wont ever see an action movie break any box office records or win any academy awards. there is a way to present action intelligently and this wasnt it. not that i really blame you for catering to your audience, but for those of us looking for a remotely well presented tale this wasnt it. for the audience im sure it was great...but when you take into account the several other aspects of what makes a great movie great, it misses on multiple fronts. but hey, most of the fans liked it, so its all good in the end.[/quote]

ever heard of DooM??

that game poorly protrays it's story line, as complex as it might be, the only reason i was able to understand it is because i have played the games. but i'm sure that anyone who hasn't played their games would be totally confused and the only thing to stop them from leaving the theatre is the action that leaves anyone in awe. the movie was 99% action 1% poorly portrayed story-line(not the only movie that does this)

second point, this story line may be just to complex for you to understand, the two opposing sides obviously had some beef with one another, they where prepared for such a situation, where they just needed any reason to go to war(ever heard of the cold war?) the most dangerous war where Earth was 5 minutes from ending? even though there wasn't any fighting going on it was a very intense war, in that situation what do you think might have happened if another countrty disguised some planes as ours and attacked Russia?? i might not be making this post right now, THe film is something close to the aftermath of a cold war, but another country(team) deciding that they could gain form this situation and decided to set them up, and hide away as the two other countries destroyed themselves. then they come out from hiding seeing that there plan worked out perfectly.
trigger119

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:

I just wanted to say...gosh i <3 comrads reviews. Reviews like this(and good movies of course) are why i lurk in the forums here.
Too_Swift

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
OMG, that was incredible, it's like 740912364982643 times better than the last one, only thing wrong with it was that it lagged real bad when the spartan head came by, but then the second time I watched it, it didn't idk if it was just me or what, but with out a doubt, this is one of the best movies halo machinima has to offer.
HighHat314

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
comradx wrote:
HighHat314 wrote:

imho

No, see, here's why I'm surprised.

See, you and I know each other, right? We've spoken multiple times on AIM and worked on a project together (albeit mostly done by you (XD I'm sorry about that, honest! (<3))). We understand plot and structure in all aspects.

Now, again, here's why I'm surprised.

I can see the depth of the plot, and you can't, which surprises me.

I'm pretty sure you see the bare minimum, at least I'd hope so;

Two well established factions live peacefully amongst each other when a third party tricks them into slitting each other's throats. There was no dialogue, no subtitles even, and I understood this to the fullest.

Perhaps you know about a story similar to this theme of lies and deception, Arthur Miller's Crucible. Now, I'm not going to be a total boob and try and compare that work of literature to this film, but the theme is still there and very much bolded and alive.

I'm surprised, comrad, because our opinions seem to differ so much on this film. I literally described it as worthy of study. This is one of those few machinima without dialogue that I felt effectively and vividly described it's theme.

I was particularly surprised, because you said yourself that you felt the yellow faction tricked the other two factions into killing themselves for no reason whatsoever. I'm surprised that you couldn't immediately recognize that it was all a plot to destroy the two factions and steal their home.

In the end, with only two of the fighting members left, it seems that peace is so close, so very much worthy of grasping, but just as quickly taken away with two shots from a yellow spartan's weapon.

Immediately, we see them spreading and taking from the whites and blacks what was once theirs, stealing up amongst the rubble and forming their own home. The sheer magnitude in which this film grasps concepts in every day life, (deception, selfishness, passionate vengeance) is remarkable to me.

Again, I refer to The Crucible, where a puritan settlement in Boston had been tricked by a few of its own children into hanging several of its citizens for witchcraft, when the whole thing was an act by the children, fooling the otherwise watchful adults of the community. In the end, so close to peace, the main character, the last to be suspected of witchcraft, has an opportunity to save himself, but he doesn't because he doesn't want to give a false confession. He dies anyway.

What's even more daunting about this, is that Arthru Miller's "The Crucible" is based on a true story.

Having understood this and whatever other tales in history and my own life, I truely feel that this film encompassed, in all right and good meaning, it's theme, plot, and purpose.

I'm sorry we can't agree on that.
EternalSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HighHat, I've completely failed to see the film in the depth that you just have (Maybe because I only viewed it once and I was comatose at the time).

My utter respects to you, thank you for enlightening us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
notSiD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had a totally diffrent view form you, although i still say it was complex, but i say 2 peacefull countries do not go out into an all out war because they killed just one person because tehy are at peace, the fact that they where monitoring the area at the biggining tells me that they where already at eachothers throats and just needed a small reason to go out into an all out war, like i specified earlier(similiar to the Cold War) and the yellow team being sneaky and sly decided this as a perfect oppurtunity and it worked out int ehir favor.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    High Impact Halo Forum Index » Halo Movies All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: