Change font size  

Shade Falling from the bridge on AotCr

Have a Halo 1 trick or glitch to show off? Here's the place!

Moderators: el-sphinxinator, Dark Helmet, FrogBlast, goatrope

Shade Falling from the bridge on AotCr

Postby aznspartan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:37 pm

I've been trying to do the shade falling trick on Aotcr for A LOOONG TIME NOW. And nothing just quite seems to work, yes i know that in the PAL version u can fall way longer than u can in the NTSC version. The closest ive ever been was hitting the wall twice, then hitting the snowing ledge...then i had to fall out of the shade :? :? which got me killed as i hit the ground. so can you ppl give me some tips on doing this? its one thing i want to get done b4 playing halo 2
aznspartan
Greenhorne

Postby Grim Reaper » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:58 pm

If you dont have a pal box, I just say move on man... I dont have one, and I've never gotten to to the bottom that way, and trust me I have alot of free time.
Grim Reaper
Veteran

Postby toyoungtodie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:11 pm

I agree, there are much faster and easier ways to get down anyways.
toyoungtodie
Veteran

Postby aznspartan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:40 pm

and jumping to the snowy ledge from the that place under the bridge has never worked b/c ive managed to hit the ledge w/o dying, but then i have no wall to slide off of. and i cant seem to do what that guy did on the GNF Speedrun of Aotcr.
aznspartan
Greenhorne

Postby toyoungtodie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:39 pm

I can now do it like the gnf video, takes me one or two tries but i always get it, just practice and you'll get it.
toyoungtodie
Veteran

Postby Pkabooicu » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:20 pm

Grim Reaper wrote:If you dont have a pal box, I just say move on man... I dont have one, and I've never gotten to to the bottom that way, and trust me I have alot of free time.

yep. I've tried for bout 3 hours once. Got really bored of it :cry: and so I never finsihed.
Doubt it on NTSC, but if anyone can do it, let me know :roll:
Pkabooicu
Old Hand

Postby 343GuiltyConscious » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:25 pm

i have an How To for the ledge way. go to my site and look at my vids section. there is a descript for each vid. you want All Request Vid Part 1
343GuiltyConscious
Veteran

Postby aznspartan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:27 pm

cool thanks
aznspartan
Greenhorne

Postby Hostile » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:36 pm

OK HOW IN THE HELL DOES THE XBOXS pal and nstc or what ever make a difference in falling I mean the xboxs are different but the game halo isnt is it? I mean thats screwed up if its. Or could I just like have some on from england and send me a england copy of halo? please answer me please
Hostile
Veteran

Postby Hostile » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:38 pm

aznspartan wrote:and jumping to the snowy ledge from the that place under the bridge has never worked b/c ive managed to hit the ledge w/o dying, but then i have no wall to slide off of. and i cant seem to do what that guy did on the GNF Speedrun of Aotcr.

I have done this and i have the american version xbox or what ever i think the amercian one is NTSC or what ever
Hostile
Veteran

Postby Hostile » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:56 pm

Personally I dont think Pal and NTSC or what ever makes a difference its just format the game isnt changed its self.
Hostile
Veteran

Postby (SWEDISHMARTIN) » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:59 am

Hostile wrote:Personally I dont think Pal and NTSC or what ever makes a difference its just format the game isnt changed its self.

Exactly. NTSCers suck. :wink:
(SWEDISHMARTIN)
Old Hand

Postby zels » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:58 am

Pkabooicu wrote:
Grim Reaper wrote:If you dont have a pal box, I just say move on man... I dont have one, and I've never gotten to to the bottom that way, and trust me I have alot of free time.

yep. I've tried for bout 3 hours once. Got really bored of it :cry: and so I never finsihed.

actually you can, just do it on the left side, not the right. make it hit the ledge a little way down from the bridge, (no the one pretty far down) THEN hit the ledge that you see in most movies.

If you dont hit the first ledge your going to die before u get the the bigger ledge
zels
Greenhorne

Postby Pkabooicu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:19 am

zels wrote:
Pkabooicu wrote:

actually you can, just do it on the left side, not the right. make it hit the ledge a little way down from the bridge, (no the one pretty far down) THEN hit the ledge that you see in most movies.

If you dont hit the first ledge your going to die before u get the the bigger ledge

Opps, I choose the right after eeiny meeny miny moe :cry:

:wink:
Pkabooicu
Old Hand

Postby mike miller » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:05 pm

Well, after I saw Juggertrout do it a while back I went and tried it myself on an NTSC box. At the time, I didn't know about the NTSC/PAL difference in fall damage or I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Still, I guess ignorance worked in my favor in this case, since I managed to make it down to the snowy ledge, which is the clip that was shown in the Legend 2 video. As far as I can tell, it was pure luck...I have no idea what kept me alive that time when the impact killed me every other time I made it that far in about 1-2 hours of attempts.

So, while I don't think it's possible to make it all the way to the ground via the shade fall in NTSC, the ledge is certainly reachable, though not, in my experience, without considerable luck and effort.
mike miller
Greenhorne

Next

Return to Halo 1 Trick Discussion