Change font size  

Found this on Gamespot.com

Post any and ALL Halo 2 trick discussion here.

Moderators: el-sphinxinator, Dark Helmet, FrogBlast, goatrope

What do you think is the most "adult" game out their right now?

Halo 2?
No votes
Mortal Kombat: Deception?
No votes
Grand Theft Auto?
No votes
Lesirue Suit Larry or The Guy Game?
No votes
Spongebob Squarepant: The Movie: The Game?
No votes
Other?
No votes

Total votes : 0

Found this on Gamespot.com

Postby ialsolovebees » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:57 am

Off of Gamespot.com
Halo 2 and San Andreas top watchdog group's 'most violent' games list

ESRB ratings and lax enforcement of ratings by retailers to minors blasted by band of parent, church, and women's groups.

Come on. Halo 2 isn't that violent. It's no more violent than Halo one and nobody screamed that that game was going to poison our minds or anything. I mean I'm 14 and I have played most of the games that Mr. Joe Liebermann hates and wants banned and I, not once, have ever felt like I wanted to shoot a grappling hook out of my wrist and rip out someones still beating heart while some overused announcer shouts "FATALITY! EVAN... WINS!"(Mortal Kombat). I've never wanted to pick up a hooker, shoot the moon with a sniper, kill the hooker, run over her and some other ppl with a van, wait for the paramedics to arrive and then steal the ambulance and then run them all over again for good measure (Grand Theft Auto).

I don't think Halo or Halo 2 has any themes that would make someone want to start a psycotic rampage and put sugar in peoples gas tanks or kill kittens or anything. Halo 2 is a first person shooter. And you'll never guess what I learned... when you shoot someone or injure them.... they bleed. So because a company wants to make a realistic game they get screamed at by some over-protective mom and her friend, Sen. Liebermann.

And another thing.... why don't they go scream at the Vietnam games? or Liesure Suit Larry? I'll tell you... because those games were pretty crappy and didn't sell well so there's no need to scream at them because not enough people like them. Hitman anyone? Those games are pretty bloody and gorey.

And one last thing... In Halo 1 and Halo 2, not once in the entire course of the game is there any incentive or reward for killing a human being. You are trying to save the friggin' universe. Is Mr. Liebermann trying to keep this generation from saving the universe if the time comes? I dunno, but I'd be careful.

Thanks
Evan
ialsolovebees
Greenhorne

Location: In the shadows... waiting for the right moment to strike

Return to Halo 2 Discussion- BEWARE SPOILERS!