Change font size  

Learning to fly!

Post any and ALL Halo 2 trick discussion here.

Moderators: el-sphinxinator, Dark Helmet, FrogBlast, goatrope

Postby Dark Helmet » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:50 am

Thanks everyone.Glad you like it.
That last trick was painfull.
Dark Helmet
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:29 am

Wait, so first you need to park under the LZ for a Phantom dropping off Phantoms. I do that, get out with my energy sword, then tell the marine to get out of the passenger sear. Then I do that, but the marine drives me somewhere else when I want to move (I have waited until the phantom actually got to the LZ before I got out). I have tried killing the marine, but then I can't move around since the guy in the gunner won't transfer to the driver's seat. Can you help?
Phantom
Veteran

Postby Dark Helmet » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:41 am

Dont get in the seat of the hog till the last second.Once in,lock on.After you lock on you can switch weapons and throw grenades to help kill the enemies and move on.If you get a bad checkpoint just keep killing yourself and you be put back to the checkpoint before,unless you have saved and quit.I recommend saving and quitting once you get a good checkpoint that has you locked on.
Also,sometimes it doesnt make the sound telling you you locked on.
Dark Helmet
Site Admin

Postby LoadedDice » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:45 am

Way to go this was a great trick. MUST TRY
LoadedDice
Veteran

Postby Dom Dunc » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:08 am

What a great trick. Has the potential to get you pretty much anywhere in the game.
Dom Dunc
Veteran

Postby Draco7182 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:46 am

How do you do this in MP? I have done it but it only limited to the other person playing. Can you aim where you go in MP or only to the other player?
Draco7182
Greenhorne

Postby Juggertrout » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:36 pm

That was beautiful. The banshee jack was just incredible.
Juggertrout
Old Hand

Postby ShadowDancer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:02 pm

Draco7182 wrote:How do you do this in MP? I have done it but it only limited to the other person playing. Can you aim where you go in MP or only to the other player?

that's what I'd like to know and I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
I'm hoping there will be a video up before that time, or a tutorial.

Great job Dark Helmet, we all Adore you as you could tell.
I won't pronounce you a God or King or anything, but I will say: you rock, my Lord :wink:
ShadowDancer
Old Hand

Postby The_Janitor » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:33 pm

Once again Dark Helmet, good job. :D
The_Janitor
Veteran

Postby The Unyielding Hierophant » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:32 pm

Awesomw flyin. I gotta try it. How long did that take u to find the first real trick in halo 2?!? A bit off topic but do you know what happens when you finish the game with all of the skulls? How many are there exactly enyway? cos on one level (QZ) there r 2 so there can be multiple skulls per level.
The Unyielding Hierophant
Greenhorne

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:12 pm

great job,fantastico 8)
Flip
Veteran

Postby Sol » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:39 pm

Loved that banshee hijacking. This is my favourite Halo 2 trick so far. :D
Sol
Veteran

Postby Phantom » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:01 pm

Dark Helmet wrote:Dont get in the seat of the hog till the last second.Once in,lock on.After you lock on you can switch weapons and throw grenades to help kill the enemies and move on.If you get a bad checkpoint just keep killing yourself and you be put back to the checkpoint before,unless you have saved and quit.I recommend saving and quitting once you get a good checkpoint that has you locked on.
Also,sometimes it doesnt make the sound telling you you locked on.

The problem is, I just can't lock on. And when I get out and into the passenger seat, the marine drives me away. But I guess it is all about timing.
Phantom
Veteran

Postby Dark Helmet » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:07 pm

If the reticule turns red then you can lock on.You only need a split second to lock.Dont hop in the hog untill the ship is almost on top of you.Then hop in and get a lock real fast.Remember,you have to pull the right trigger to lock(default buttons)
Just let the marines drive you around.They will kill the remaining covies then cross over to the next area where I filmed the 3 towers section.Youll get a checkpoint as soon as you go over the hump thing.After you get the checkpoint hop out and see if it works.If it works,just revert to save and let them drive around killing covies untill the phantom flies away.When it flies away thats when you do the jumps.
If it didnt work just keep killing yourself and youll eventually go 2 checkpoints back and try the lock again.
Dark Helmet
Site Admin

RE:

Postby Klauno » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:22 pm

That was awesome! DarkHelmet deserves alot of credit, he did alot of Hard-Work!!!!
Klauno
Greenhorne

PreviousNext

Return to Halo 2 Discussion- BEWARE SPOILERS!