Change font size  

New 'Skulls' thread...

Post any and ALL Halo 2 trick discussion here.

Moderators: el-sphinxinator, Dark Helmet, FrogBlast, goatrope

New 'Skulls' thread...

Postby Ducain » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:45 pm

I locked the other two skulls threads and created this one because it's just getting darned hard to keep up with the info both of those. They'll be locked so that folks can reference stuff that is posted in them, but you'll have to do your 'new' posting in this one. ;)

Thanks guys.
Ducain
Halo Fanatic

Postby flechette » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:46 pm

Envy isn't so much an error as a correction.

There's still some debate as to if Catch not only provides the secondary explosion, but also gives Elites the ability to throw plasmas.

Black Eye: He's right, you don't walk slower at all, I walked slowly to the edge in my video on purpose. Your shields don't recharge by themselves.

-flech
flechette
Veteran

Postby GuiltySpark » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:04 pm

The mystery skull from the Armory level could very well be called "Weakness" or something similar. After collecting it, I was able to progress faster despite it still being on Legendary. That would also solve the "W" in the acronym.
GuiltySpark
Veteran

What the Mystic Skull does!

Postby FstBlack4 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:31 pm

Well friends I like the rest of you have been deep in the skull hunt along with some of the peps in my dorm. We were just messing around after we got the mystic skull and I believe (you guys can check me on it but im pretty sure about this one) that it drastically increases the length of time the Arbiter's cloak lasts. It seems to last a lot longer than I can remember and I am pretty sure this is exactly what it does. Also guys I'd like to address the cave way up in the mountains at the end of Scarab area of Great Journey. Go towards the high temple turn around and up in the mountain is a large open cave area but it seems pretty hard to get too even with grenade jump (and even riding ontop a banshee and grenade jumping). But if you look on the same side and towards the drop off point of the ground is a door that resembles one you can see in the cave. I do not think this is just there to look pretty but the ground door wont open. Please guys help me out and I know we all want to see whats behind Door #1.
Thanks
FstBlack4
Greenhorne

Postby Lekgolo » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:23 pm

I tested FstBlack4's Mythic-effect theory, and the Active Camoflauge seemed to last the same amount of time on Legendary; 5 seconds. Maybe you were playing on a different difficulty when you actived the Camo, because on Easy it lasts for 9-10 seconds
Lekgolo
Greenhorne

Postby GuiltySpark » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:09 pm

Just a thought, but Bungie never does anything haphazardly. Maybe the skulls were meant to be collected in the order they are placed in the acronym!?!?
GuiltySpark
Veteran

Postby flechette » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:15 pm

Maybe. I just didn't know if he'd gotten ghost yet or not. I got it capped finally. I totally missed it the first time, thinking the description was talking about a different room... and I ended the level, losing my checkpoint. Basically I had to play through uprising twice to get the vid. X|

-flech
flechette
Veteran

Postby goose » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:27 pm

I don't know about the "double explosion" thing, but the Catch Skull definitely ensures that everyone you kill drops two 'nades. Check it out.

Oh, and there ain't no Mystic Skull... it's MYTHIC! :wink:
Last edited by goose on Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose
Greenhorne

Postby Nuva Kaita » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:15 am

Well I'm starting to think that there are no more skulls to be found, even though there is one letter unaccounted for (either I or W). I looked at the Fantastic 6's offset lists and you can see under weapon one called Head SP, which has the meta for the oddball from MP.

http://tf6.epgservers.net/

Every map had one listing for the Head SP except The Heretic. I don't know if this means that there's only one skull per map or if one of them has two skulls for the offset, but maybe we're done searching for them.
Nuva Kaita
Veteran

Postby FstBlack4 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:45 am

Thanks for trying Lekgolo I think maybe you are right it was kind of a split second inspiration, but I thought it was worth a shot. Also Im pretty sure there are some odd places in Heretic to hide a skull im still working on that one myself. Keep up the hunt guys!
FstBlack4
Greenhorne

armory skull

Postby Enigmatist » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:36 am

If, as the statement has been made before, the conditions of the skull's discovery somehow relates to its effects or its nature.... then maybe the skull found on the armory is something like "Invisible'.

And... keeping in the same light... the elusive skull mentioned in other threads - the one on Outskirts that was there one time, and disappeared the other time, you know the one by the invisible elites that kept teleporting MC back in front of the elite? You guys know what I'm talkin about - THAT skull. What if it really does exist - but it keeps changing places every time. And what if it does keep putting you back in front of the fight when you try to flee? Sounds like "warp" to me - both in effects and condition of discovery.

Who noze.

-enigmatist
Enigmatist
Veteran

Postby Dark_prevail » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:08 am

I think maybe you need a slightly better expanation than "Anti graviy effect" for the Sputnik skull.... It appears to lower the mass or gravity effect in certain ways, for example meleeing a vehicle has a lot bigger effect on it with the sputnik skull activated, and you can melee bodies and send them flying a few feet, but does not appear to affect how high MC can jump. Grendades also have a fantastic effect on vehicles or bodies, leading to more spectaular launching with less 'nades.

Anyone agree with me?
Dark_prevail
Veteran

Postby Deadguy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:12 am

Maybe that elusive outskirts skull is only there on the 17th, or at 1:70, or at 7:17..?

Anyone wanna' reset the date/time on their xbox to find out? :)

**Edit**
Or maybe 1:17 (as is pirate 117)?
Last edited by Deadguy on Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadguy
Veteran

Postby Sarthor » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:32 pm

Hm. Just to say. I think it's a too ... hm ... big "coincidence" that someone found, for example, the skull in the Armory... Who the hell will run around for 10 minutes at the same place, waiting for a specific sentence, and in Legendary ? It sounds very strange (But isn't impossible).

Another thing. 4 days. Nothing found. Then, someone (Pirate 117) found the one in Outskirts. And then, BOOM, 2 days after, 14 skulls and 1 fake found. Sounds strange too, but still possible if you consider that people became hysteric and started running around to find stuffs. But, what if some of the people, at least Pirate 117, are from Bungie ? Hm...
Sarthor
Greenhorne

Postby Ducain » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:42 pm

Sarthor wrote:Hm. Just to say. I think it's a too ... hm ... big "coincidence" that someone found, for example, the skull in the Armory... Who the hell will run around for 10 minutes at the same place, waiting for a specific sentence, and in Legendary ? It sounds very strange (But isn't impossible).

Another thing. 4 days. Nothing found. Then, someone (Pirate 117) found the one in Outskirts. And then, BOOM, 2 days after, 14 skulls and 1 fake found. Sounds strange too, but still possible if you consider that people became hysteric and started running around to find stuffs. But, what if some of the people, at least Pirate 117, are from Bungie ? Hm...

lmao.

If you are new here (you may be), then you have sorely misjudged the fanaticism with which some of our people attack puzzles like this. It's beautiful, in a sad, sick sort of way. ;)
Ducain
Halo Fanatic

Next

Return to Halo 2 Discussion- BEWARE SPOILERS!