Change font size  

The Sword stuff is great, but how usefull is it in MP?

Post any and ALL Halo 2 trick discussion here.

Moderators: el-sphinxinator, Dark Helmet, FrogBlast, goatrope

The Sword stuff is great, but how usefull is it in MP?

Postby Mr Fiddle » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:36 am

I've been lurking for about a week now, and I have to say, I am impressed with the sword flying videos (I was most impressed by the tank flip one, but to get back on topic).

So to take flight with a sword, one must lock onto an opponent, hit the trigger, then cancel with X, then they fly above the target. K. Got that. But in a real game, what opponent is going to actually LET you target them to get you to a highter point to snipe THEM where THEY can't reach you?

So to get to the point. How do you use these tricks in a real MP online game? You can't use your friends to sword fly, right? You can't rocket jump unless you get an over shield because most online games aren't going to have the shields set to high and you'll blow yourself up.

So have any of you actually used sword tricks or rocket jumps in a real game?
Mr Fiddle
Greenhorne

Postby Zykerti » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:48 am

well, it is true that it is pretty hard to get someone that is not on your team *which it has to be* to come close enough to you so you could whack them in the side-seat *when you have the sword* and then have them fly/drive away without killing you.

-haha, it's not very helpful, although i have heard of someone acctually using this glitch to his advantage by getting the flag or soemthinhg and doing the glitch with the flag and then flying across the map... i dont see how it would work but its kind of a weird find all together,
Zykerti
Greenhorne

Postby Mr Fiddle » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:54 am

I can see how the flag tricks can work. I especially like the one where the 13 year old kid figured out how to jump off the ledge on Collosus and bounce the flag off of the rubber conveyor belt and up onto the ledge on the other side. I tried to do it a million times but couldn't ever get it to work.

That kid had some great vids and some most impressive halo skills. He would own me, and I'm ten years older than him!!
Mr Fiddle
Greenhorne

Postby Th3_Guns1inger » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:00 am

Mr Fiddle wrote:That kid had some great vids and some most impressive halo skills. He would own me, and I'm ten years older than him!!

Age matters not, my young Padawan...but it is pretty annoying when you lose on Live, and end up listening to 4 adolscent voices telling you how the owned you...especially since its usually a pretty close game.
Th3_Guns1inger
Greenhorne

Postby ThaJinx » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:44 am

Th3_Guns1inger wrote:
Mr Fiddle wrote:That kid had some great vids and some most impressive halo skills. He would own me, and I'm ten years older than him!!

Age matters not, my young Padawan...but it is pretty annoying when you lose on Live, and end up listening to 4 adolscent voices telling you how the owned you...especially since its usually a pretty close game.
Yeah, my team lost a capture the flag by one point to a team that was stacked against us, AND we had more kills, and when we lost they said "Yeah you guys just got f*cking pwned!!!" and logged out before anyone could retort. There are some pretty obnoxious pricks on XBL already.
ThaJinx
Greenhorne

Postby Zykerti » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:57 am

i can do the little flag thing in collossus, it';s not that technical just gets getting used to, as all tricks do. it takes a while.
Zykerti
Greenhorne

Postby Trunks » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:00 am

Someone attacked me with a sword while I was carrying a flag, but I guess he accidentally cancelled it, and then knocked me across Zanzibar untouched.
Trunks
Greenhorne

Postby Tartan 117 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:30 am

Man, this topic has turned into a veritable wealth of knowledge.
Who would have thought it?
Tartan 117
Greenhorne

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:58 am

well the sword canceling can work pretty well in real games. Just target him like normal and cancel and you'll do pretty well. I have used it alot for getting to higher sniper points on foundation (love that map). Its works best when you have random weapons which usually (i said usually) give you pretty good starting weapons for stuff like this. Allthough i have to agree the sword sailing as alot of people are calling it most likely wont work really great for real mp games, just sword canceling
Agamemnon
Greenhorne

Postby LoadedDice » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:13 am

unless the game is swords only I honestly haven't found much use for it. If you're playing with anyone who has got their "stuff" together, I tend to get pegged before I get in range. Thanks bungie but I'll stick with the projectiles and old school it.
LoadedDice
Veteran

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:16 am

LoadedDice wrote:unless the game is swords only I honestly haven't found much use for it. If you're playing with anyone who has got their "stuff" together, I tend to get pegged before I get in range. Thanks bungie but I'll stick with the projectiles and old school it.

Something that usually helps is that you can actually lock on about a split second before it actually turns red which usually gives you the slight edge you need but thats only when they are close to you
Agamemnon
Greenhorne

Return to Halo 2 Discussion- BEWARE SPOILERS!