Change font size  

Tutorial For Windows Movie Maker

The name says it all...

Moderators: Dark Helmet, FrogBlast, goatrope

Tutorial For Windows Movie Maker

Postby 343GuiltyConscious » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:23 pm

1- Toggles Audio Defference. Sound From Video over Sound From Music/Audio. Use This If You Want The Sound From The Footage To Be Louder Then The Sound From Imported Audio/Music

2- Records Your Voice

3- Zooms In Or Out On The Clips Allowing You To Veiw The Movie By However Many Seconds/Minutes You Want

4- Toggles Between Storyboard And Timeline
Storyboard- Views Footage By Clips. I Use This When Putting In Transistions
Timeline- Views Footage By Whole Clips. Allows You Crop Footage

5- Allows You To Watch Your Work As You Progress

6- This Is Where The Clips You put In Are Put.

7- This Is where Audio That Isnt Part Of The Original Clip Is Put

8- This Is Where Text That Shows Over Your Video As It Plays Is Put

9- This Is Where Clips Are Shown(Does Not Show Whole Length Of Clip, Just Shows That It's There)

10- This Is Where Video Transitions Are Shown(Same Thing As Clips In Object 9)

Getting Started: First Thing When Going Make A Video Is To Import Video. The Way WMM Works(Which I Find Slightly Annoying) Is If Imported Video Is Long It Breaks It Into Segments. To Do This View Tasks Which Is Easy To Get To By CLicking The Button Obviously Marked "Tasks". Then Click "Import video", Locate And Select Your Clip(s)(You Can Choose Multiple Clips By Holding "Ctrl" On Your Keyboard And Clicking Them). Once They Are Imported Start Picking and Pecking Through The Footage You Want To Choose. Then Simply Drag And Drop The Footge You Want Into The Video Column.

Organizing Your Clips: If You Plan On Moving Footage Around You Can Combine Clips By Selecting The Two Or More Clips(Hold Ctrl And Click) Then Going To Your Toolbar And Selecting Clip > Combine. This Allows You Too Move Around A Large Chunk Of Clips Which You've Put Together Instead Of Moving A Bunch Of Small Clips

Cleaning Up The Clips: Now When Recording You Are probably Going To Find Things You Don't Want Shown In Your Vid. So There Are 2 Methods Of Doing This: Crop Or Cut. Crop Keeps The Unwanted Sections Intact
By Simply Just Not Showing The Unwanted Part. While As Cut Serves As 2 Purposes. It Splits The Film At A Desired Point. Then Donig This You Can Edited That Certain Section Or You Can Delete It.

Spicin' It Up: Once You Have Managed To Get All The Clips That You Want In, Got Them In Order, And Removed Th Unwanted Things, Now Is When You Can Add In Transitions And Effects. When Adding In Transistions I Usually Try To To Make It Theme In With What's Coming Up(I.E. Explosions Use The Shatter Effect, ETC.), To Add A Transistion(First I Recommend Viewing In Storyboard) View Tasks, Then Click "View transistions". Then Its A Simple Drag And Drop Process Of Dragging The Wanted Transition Into The Smaller Box On The Storyboard Inbetween The 2 Seperate Clips. To Add An Effect, View Tasks, Then Select "View video effects". Then Drag And Drop The Wanted Effect Onto The Clip You Want The Effect To Well... Effect.

Finalizing: Once Your Masterpeice Is All Set And Ready For Viewing Pleasure Go To File > Save Movie File. Run Through The Wizard:
First Step- Select The Medium In Which Your Movie Will Be Stored. For Videos You Plan On Showing Others Select "My Computer"
Second Step- Name Your Movie, And Choose Where Its Going To Be Located
Third Step- Choose The Size Of The File. You Can Either Choose The Optimum Quality, Your Personal Size, Or The Wizard Can Choose The Size For You When You Select One Of The Other Settings.
Last edited by 343GuiltyConscious on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
343GuiltyConscious
Veteran

hey

Postby nunchaku » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:44 pm

hey guilt,

you are a god! jk

thanks my friend,

-nunchaku
nunchaku
Greenhorne

Postby K-Twizzy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:12 pm

Could you tell me how to put all the vids we have on our comp into one video? I have 300+ vids, and would like to combine them into one. Any help?
K-Twizzy
Veteran

Postby Kyrceck » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:26 pm

Add all your clips into one big film, twizzy.

~Kyrceck
Kyrceck
Greenhorne

Postby 343GuiltyConscious » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:37 pm

First import all your clips, then i recommend combining all the segemnted clips so that there arent like a bunch of little clip of you doing sumthing. then just DaD(Drag and drop) then once your done putting all them in Go to File > Save Movie File then go throught the wizard. when your are "finalizing" which is saving movie file, i recomend closing all other progs to speed up the finalization process
343GuiltyConscious
Veteran

Postby 343GuiltyConscious » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:55 pm

My TUTORIAL is done but i plan to put in tips.i hopes this helps people and if you have any questions just PM me
343GuiltyConscious
Veteran

Postby Halo-2-Xlink » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:30 pm

How do u make a clip like double the speed?
EDIT: NVM i found it out
Halo-2-Xlink
Veteran

Postby SalamimaN » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:59 am

How do i get my film to the internet? To this site for example. I doesn't have any good film, but maby once :wink:
SalamimaN
Greenhorne

Postby Halo-2-Xlink » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:59 pm

SalamimaN wrote:How do i get my film to the internet? To this site for example. I doesn't have any good film, but maby once :wink:

You upload it to a site like mythica.org (has to be under 8mb) and if its over 8 mb thyen send it to Duncain
Halo-2-Xlink
Veteran

Return to Tutorials and Info